Purplefreak checks in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

purplefreak

Purplefreak checks in

Post by purplefreak » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm

First day and figuring out what to do. It's Monday so today is an N day. Taking husband Bob out of town to doc apt and so will be going out to eat for dinner. Wish me luck. His favorite place is Chinese Buffet!!?? :roll: I'll let you know how it goes.

Finnaly a plan that actually might work. Can't wait to get started.

Later.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Hello and Bienvenu! Hope all goes well with hubby's doctor appointment. God Bless you with success on this plan.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

purplefreak

Post by purplefreak » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:37 am

:D
I put red on my HabitCal, but I consider today a sucess for my first day. Technically I had a soda today. First habit to break is grabbing a soda when I get in the car. BUT, at the chinese "BUFFET" my husband had seconds and I DID NOT!!! YIPPEE for me! Hopefully I'll have a green N day tomorrow.

ps. good report from doc :!:

After all, tomorrow is another day :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:08 am

purplefreak,

WELCOME,
get the book if you have a chance, it made a big difference for me,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:42 pm

purplefreak wrote: :D
. BUT, at the chinese "BUFFET" my husband had seconds and I DID NOT!!!

Good for you!

purplefreak

purplefreak checks in

Post by purplefreak » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks.
I did get the book and in the middle of reading it. I'm sure I'll read it many times over.
AFTER ALL, TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!

CatholicCajun

Re: purplefreak checks in

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

purplefreak wrote:
Thanks.
I did get the book and in the middle of reading it. I'm sure I'll read it many times over.
I had 2 copies of the book, one for at home and the other at work, I gave my son my work copy so I will be getting me another one for at work, the book really does help and makes a lot of good points. God Bless.

purplefreak

Post by purplefreak » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm

2 green days in a row. YIPPEE! I am - no WAS - a permasnacker. So this 3 meals/day thing is hard for me. I am disabled(brain injury from car accident) so am home, bored silly most of the time. But one of the therapy tools they tought me was structure and schedules,etc. Which helps alot. So this plan should fit right in as soon as I get the habit installed into my daily routine. I migh take along time but I think it will work. Most of my day is being care givver to husband Bob. Had a stroke 4 years ago and is in a wheel chair. I'm also a stress eater (and there is a lot of that at my house) so I REALLY need to learn this system to get over that. I'm really looking forward to getting this down. I've also decided it's ok to pray for myself sometimes, so that makes me feel better too. Well, enough babbling for today. Thanks for "listening" !

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:09 pm

purplefreak,

sounds like you are on track and that you have been through a lot. hopefully No S well be a great benefit to you,

Blueskighs

purplefreak

S day afternoon

Post by purplefreak » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm feeling good about this program. I pay alot more attention to what I'm doing on N and S days already. And since it's hard for me to pay attention to lost things these day, This is a big accomplishment for me.
Thanks for the messages of support. Having contact with the real world helps too.

purplefreak

Day 9

Post by purplefreak » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Sunday

Always go out for BREAKFAST on the weekends.
Ham and cheese omelet
toast
potatoes
milk
water
LUNCH/DINNER
George Foreman burgers (love his grill)
homeade potato salad
crystal lite iced tea
water
TREATS
ice cream sundae
orange juice shake
soda
water

BACK TO WORK TOMORROW
HERE'S WISHING A GREEN N DAY FOR EVERYONE!

purplefreak

Day 3 of 21

Post by purplefreak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 pm

* I need to edit yesterdays food list. By the end of the day, I didn't want the shake like I planned, so I skipped it. A first for me. I'm so used to eating for every other reason under the sun except hunger. I realize that I rarely actually got hungry. :oops:It's alittle embarrassing to by 50 and just now learning these things. Better late than never I guess.

*I'm still geting my system down. I think instead of counting number of days on the program, I'll count the days to 21. So When I have a red day, I'll start over counting to 21. Make sense?? We'll see.

*Breakfast was Cheerios, strawberries, milk, juice
Think I might have to switch to oatmeal, it lasts longer.

Almost done reading the book. Learning something new on every page.
Later...

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 am

purplefreak,

sounds like you are doing good. If you see 3 days Thank You Reinhard thread she gives a very good explanation of how NO S spreads out into our lives.

glad you had a good weekend,

Blueskighs

purplefreak

Day 3 of 21

Post by purplefreak » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Made it through another day. Went good until last nite. Had company who wanted popcorn and soda with the movie. I had crystal lite iced tea and water. I'm so proud of myself. You can bet your ---, I'm having popcorn this weekend! LOL

purplefreak

Day 4 of 21

Post by purplefreak » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Another GREEN day! YIPPEE!!! :D
B - CHeerios, strawberries, milk, juice, toast w/peanut butter
L - potato salad, egg salad sandwich, crystal lite, milk, a few crax/cheese
D - Culvers's chicken, onion rings, milk
Went to the movie and skipped the popcorn.
This is getting easier already! Thank God!
I'm feeling alittle hungry between yet, but I keep letting myself to "suck it up" (ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond?)
Water helps too.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:23 pm

I love your signature! I think I'll have to start calling you "Scarlett."

I noticed you are still doing the Cheerios. Did you decide not to switch for some reason? I'm going to take some optimized oatmeal with me when I leave for the grocery store and I'll eat when I get there before going in. I'm not hungry right now, but it's time to leave... Have a great day!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

purplefreak

Day 5 of 21

Post by purplefreak » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:25 am

Another GREEN day!
A very busy stressful day. Wasn't sure I was going to make it today. I'm making a wedding shower cake for Sat. and can't find what I need to decorate it they way I want. Our son is home visiting from MN. Which is great, but I'm so busy this week. Helping with the shower, taking care of Bob, not sleeping, etc., etc.... OK, I'm done whining now. Sorry.
Anyway,
B - oatmeal, juice, milk, toast /Peanut butter
L - 2 pot pies, 1 piece of chicken, milk, juice
D - burger, fries, cole slaw, juice, milk
When I'm this stressed, I don't cook. I think I should work on that.

later

purplefreak

? 4 U. Jill

Post by purplefreak » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 pm

What did you mean about switching?You mean Cheerios? ??????????

JillyBean

Re: ? 4 U. Jill

Post by JillyBean » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:24 am

purplefreak wrote:What did you mean about switching?You mean Cheerios? ??????????
Yes, Cheerios. You said a few days ago that they weren't lasting for you and you might switch to oatmeal. Just wondering how you were feeling about that now... I am paying attention to what I eat and how I feel hours later to learn what holds me, so I was interested by that comment. That's all...
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

purplefreak

Post by purplefreak » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:38 pm

Yea, I stocked up on oatmeal this weekend. I had to finish the box of Cheerios first. I didn't think I could east 2 bowl instead of one might help too. I do love those mulit grain CHeerios. I can't eat the same thing very long, I have to change alot, so we'll see what's next.

BAD day friday. Did great all day until son Paul came over and wanted rootbeer floats - OMG! So I had one too. Had to resist one of my favorite treats. So Starting another 21 with tomorrow. Oh, well, that was then and this is now. 'Tomorrow is another day" right?

Hope everyone had a great weekend and fun S days! :D