Moxie's Check-in #3

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Writer110

Moxie's Check-in #3

Post by Writer110 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I have been doing NoS since May 12th. I have definitely noticed some big changes such as - feeling more comfortable with smaller meals and a HUGE decrease in the craving for sweets. This is the most unbelievable thing for me because I've always thought of myself as someone with an insatiable sweet tooth. However, I've found now that since I'm not restricting what I eat or depriving myself of foods I love, I rarely want sugar. And if I do, it's usually for emotional reasons or fatigue.

I am starting a new check-in because although I'm feeling relatively secure with NoS I have been seeing that it's getting a little sloppy. Also, I've been getting a little sloppy with some other habits that I'd like to start working on. I keep going back and forth on where to chart them and I'm just going to do it here. So I'll be tracking:

NoS
Glass Ceiling
Exercise
HT (personal goal)

Hopefully this won't get too overwhelming, if it feels like too many habits to work on I'll adjust it. :D

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 pm

It's good that you're re-focusing Moxie. I had to do the same thing, which I started 40 days ago and it's going great. Have you noticed how many of us on here have done similar things in re-focusing but NONE of us have left or quit? Now that really truly shows that the No S plan is a plan for life! Not a short term 'diet' that we can't sustain, and quit at the first set back or when it gets to be to confining and restricting. I LOVE THIS PLAN!! :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

BTW Moxie, what does KUTWG stand for?
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!