Winnie96 Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

winnie96

Winnie96 Daily Check In

Post by winnie96 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Yesterday ok except for a little too much wine. Didn't have, and didn't even want, mindless snacks at beach.

B: oatmeal, bb, 4 walnut halves, Fiber One, 1 egg white
L: veg soup & bread, apple
D: Sun nite pork, etc. + wine

On track for today, did some ShovelGlove ... fun!

winnie96

Success

Post by winnie96 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:35 pm

No-S, Walk, Mini-Shovelglove, <24, 2 Ack

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 pm

No-S, Walk, Mini-Shovelglove, <24, 3 Ack

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm

No-S, Wts, 8 lb/7 min Shovelglove, <24, 3 Ack - more energy, cleaned attic!
No walk but plenty of up/down stairs.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Success = No-S, Walk, 8 lb/7 min Shovelglove, <24
Failure = 4 Ack
More cleaning, but getting freaked over getting junk to dump, what to do with books, bookcase, desk, etc.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Success = No-S, Walk/Wts, 8 lb/7 min Shovelglove, <24
Failure = 5 Ack
More cleaning, dump run, mowing, etc - got a lot done! Kept to No-S despite get together in evening.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Success = No-S, Walk, 8 lb/7 min Shovelglove, <24, Ack=4
A great day! Delicious chicken/squash! Ack on!

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Success = Idiot-free S-Day, Walk/Wts, 8 lb/7 min Shovelglove, > 24, Ack=x
Skipped appetizer and dessert (didn't want them), had all dins items -- very enjoyable. Didn't feel deprived at all!

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:38 am

Success = No S, Walk, 8 lb/10 min Shovelglove, =25, Ack=3
Great SGlove, minor ack victory.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Success = No S, Walk, 8 lb/10 min Shovelglove, =25, Ack=3
Failure = >24, Ack=4

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 am

Doing great. So much easier just not eating in between meals. Have maybe lost 1 lb in the past 2 weeks. Shovelglove is terrific. Going on vacation 9/1 so trying to think about ways to incorporate No-S and shugging-like activity. (Won't be bringing my trusty sledge hammer on vacation!)

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am

Very happy -- after 2 weeks: down 2 pounds, feel stronger due to shugging, feel way more organized due to personal punch cards, feel happier not having to battle food urges all day long -- what a great overall program this is!

winnie96

May 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Post by winnie96 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 am

May 1, 2009 (Fri) = Green
Resisted cookies for dessert at dins to save an S-Day for tomorrow's birthday party, although I am determined that it will be a moderate S-Day. How great to see the blank slate of May on HabitCal -- I'm going to paint it green this month!

May 2, 2009 (Sat) = Yellow
And a nice, moderate S-Day it was. Had regular N-Day breakfast and lunch, then didn't overeat at a friend's birthday party (a mere 3 pretzel thins, lots of salad, some lasagna, smallish slice of cake). But thoroughly enjoyed myself, and dinner was delicious and a real treat! Read Kim Benson's "Finally Thin" book: not much new information, but lots and lots of inspiration!

May 3, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
Had an N-Day breakfast and lunch. Out to friends house for dinner, but didn't go nuts: only one appetizer and skipped dessert. Have developed meal plans for the upcoming week and am looking forward to four greens in a row!

May 4, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Totally green! Ate meals according to the Plan I devised on my new meal planning spreadsheet based on Microsoft's Excel template. Also went grocery shopping and bought only the items on the list I developed from the Plan -- much cheaper than usual, will have all ingredients necessary on hand so no excuses, and won't have any "temptations" on hand. Reading "The End of Overeating" (very interesting on the reward response and neural pathways). Watched "Cook Yourself Thin" on tv (had some good-sounding recipes and tips).

May 5, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Not easy getting out there to walk in this daily rain, but "all you can get is wet", so did it anyway. Evening activities required supper out, but the plan was a 6" turkey sub with mustard/no cheese at Subway, which is exactly what I had -- not only no damage, it was most enjoyable. Paying attention to No-S-ing, and following through on the meal plans, is turning out to be very motivating. I had been having mostly green days before May, but had gotten into a routine of deciding what to have for lunch and supper on the fly, which made me feel a bit scattered and slightly out of control. Now, I feel as enthusiastic as I did when I started No-S last August!

May 6, 2009 (Wed) = Green
Got a surprise invitation to lunch with friends, fortunately at the only restaurant in the world that serves normal-person portions. Ordered wisely and ate moderately: no appetizer or dessert. Had a wonderful time and still came up with a green day. Usually, I would have ordered unwisely and eaten like it was my last meal, so was interested to note that I actually can do the right thing. Usually, I would have refused the invitation in the first place so as to stick with my meal plan, but missed out on a good time, which would make me feel deprived. Am feeling very good that I was able to be flexible enough to accept, but still able to stay green. Must remember this for the future, as I tend to be too rigid and get sidetracked if I don't follow my plan exactly. This "challenge" idea is great; it's really making me think, in a productive way, about how I'm operating.

May 7, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Zowie! Another really good green day! I love seeing all the green on HabitCal. Only one glass of wine with dinner! It amazes me how re-focusing on vanilla-S brings back the excitement of when I first started No-S-ing. And, since I'm putting a bit more effort into making meals, they are all tasting really, really good. Am feeling pretty confident that the upcoming S-Days are going to reasonable.

May 8, 2009 (Fri) = Yellow
A scheduled S-Day, and the S's were one cookie for dessert at dinner, and an extra glass of wine, otherwise normal -- not bad! Thought briefly about having a snack after dinner, but wasn't at all hungry, realized that this is exactly the kind of eating behavior that I want to change, so didn't indulge, even though it would have been ok on an S-Day. The power, and simplicity, of focusing on No-S is just amazing!

May 9, 2009 (Sat) = Green
I am noticing that when I focus on being successful with No-S, the rest of my life seems to be more successful as well. Instead of dragging myself out for a walk and fighting with myself over my weight routine & shugging, I am just going ahead and getting these things done cheerfully and with some enthusiasm. Even the usual routines of my days seem to go more smoothly and be less of a chore. It's good to be feeling so good not just about No-S, but things in general.

May 10, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
An S-Day, but moderate nonetheless. Dinner at friends' house, but no appetizers and no dessert (really didn't want any). Finished "The End of Overeating" book. Very interesting overall but also quite helpful IMO on the personal battle front. Am very pleased with this Week 1 of the May Challenge and am glad that I decided to participate. Generally, I am not in favor of the "challenge" mentality, but when I'm bobbing offshore in a loose interpretation of No-S, this challenge so far has been exactly what I needed to start paddling back to shore! Looking forward to Week 2!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

You are turning Green!!!

You're also very organized (I may copy you) and very inspirational! Great goin'!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

winnie96

May 2009 Challenge: Week 2

Post by winnie96 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm

May 11, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Back on track with a really strong green day. Decided to forego the evening glass of wine as was too involved in cooking a delicious meal (chicken with mustard/orange marmalade sauce, quinoa, fresh spinach). Got in a good walk. Still feeling very inspired and looking forward to this week.

May 12, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Green, but just barely. Did very well food- and exercise-wise, but had three glasses of wine before dinner, which exceeded The Plan for today, and almost tempted me to have seconds on the fabulous Adobe Chicken I made. (The Plan was for one glass of wine). Am not going to get crazed about it, but need to recognize that I am skating on thin ice, No-S-wise, if I don't stick with my wine plan as well as my No-S plan! Turning a lemon into lemonade, will just say that this was a "valuable learning experience", FIDO, and have a better day tomorrow. (Must admit I was pleased, however, that I ended up not having seconds).

May 13, 2009 (Wed) = Green
Back on track on a beautiful day. Didn't go walking until after supper, but it was nice to be out later when there is less traffic and things are generally quieter. Leftover chicken was very good.

May 14, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Stuck to my plan, despite being trapped inside with unexpected rain all day. No snacking, however! Also, rallied in the evening for an indoor walk (loops around the house). Not as good as being outside, but indoor walking uses slightly different calf muscles than outside, so figure it is good as exercise as well has habit reinforcement. Finished Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" (as part of my May Challenge reading program) -- very interesting, very well-written, and lots of "food for thought" on the myriad phony foods available these days. Although I don't use a lot of them anymore, it sounds like it would be worthwhile to take it to the next level and eliminate another tier of industrial-strength food-like products, and ramp up on the local veggies this summer.

May 15, 2009 (Fri) = Green
After reading Michael Pollan's book, I find myself craving fruits & veggies, which is a Good Thing! Will be doing meal planning for next week tomorrow, and am going to incorporate at least two veggie dinners. Had Quorn cutlets, now available at local supermarket, for the first time at supper -- delicious! Not sure how it rates in terms of phony food, but seems to have less objectionable ingredients than some of the soy products.

May 16, 2009 (Sat) = Yellow
More of an S-y S-Day than I have been having lately -- whole can of tuna for lunch, quesadilla appetizer deal before dins, ice cream after. Not "gone wild" by any means, but did feel much too full and bogged down. Was tempted to tough out my desire for the ice cream, but decided to go with the No-S philosophy of S-Days and am glad I did. Had I skipped it, it would have shown up on an N-Day next week, and I don't think it would have involved just ice cream. But am going to make an effort to remember how I felt last night, i.e. not tip-top and perhaps have smaller S-portions the next time I have this kind of an S-Day.

May 17, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
A much better S-Day than yesterday. Ate like an N-Day for breakfast and lunch, then enjoyed going out to dinner with friends. Had a small appetizer and a tiny dessert in addition to the meal, but not enough to give me that stuffed and bogged down feeling I suffered with yesterday. And really enjoyed being hungry for meals -- I'm amazed to have missed that feeling after only one day kind of off track. Next week will be focusing on having at least two vegetarian meals and cutting back a bit on wine.

winnie96

May 2009 Challenge: Week 3

Post by winnie96 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:17 pm

May 18, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Ah, the ease of a pre-planned N-Day, where there are no food decisions to make! What a nice way to start the week. Had the first of my two veggie suppers for this week (the green bean/sweet potato stir-fry-ish thing over quinoa was a little odd, but tasty), and today was also a WF-Day. (WF, pronounced "woof", means wine-free. I'm certainly not anti-wine, and will have a glass if I want to, but it does seem unnecessary for me to have some each and every day, so am working toward a few WF-Days each week). Got in a good walk later in the day. Need to consider walking early in the morning (just for the summer), instead of having to scramble at day's end.

May 19, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Veggie meal #2 was better as I baked the sweet potato. Also had a quorn salad sandwich for lunch which was quite good (flaked up a quorn cutlet and mixed in celery, onion, a little mayo). Not a WF-Day, but did stick to my plan (2 glasses with friends), then went for a walk before supper; worked out very well.

May 20, 2009 (Wed) = Green
Good green day, with tons of exercise, between walking and yard work. My scale-free experiment is not going well; found myself hopping on in both the morning and at night. Not much to cheer about there, so have to get a bit more tuned in to my "real" purpose, which is to reform my relationship with food, not lose x pounds. Have been trying to cook different recipes this week, with mixed success, taste-wise. Maybe I should be sticking with my tried-and-true menus, which tend to be a little lighter fare than the recipes I'm trying.

May 21, 2009 (Thu) = Green
A green day with a woof to boot! Almost didn't walk as was so sore from yesterday's yard work, but kicked myself out there, and felt much better afterward. Am wondering which days to make S-Days this weekend. Usually do Friday and Sunday, but based on the picnics scheduled, it sounds like Sunday and Monday might be better choices. Am determined not to blow the May Challenge despite the holiday!

May 22, 2009 (Fri) = Green
Whew! More yard work = tons of exercise! Too beat to cook, so resorted to (one plate of) a Kashi frozen dinner -- not great, but a better choice than getting fast food. Have decided that Saturday will be an N-Day, then do Sun & Mon as S-Days.

May 23, 2009 (Sat) = Green
Yay! Was able to "green" (yes, "green" can be a verb on No-S) Saturday so I can relax a bit at the picnics on Sunday and Monday. Assorted temptations appeared, but I'm so reluctant to blow this whole string of greening that I was able to push them aside. Sometimes (like today) it would be so much easier to pick up Italian or Chinese takeout rather than take the time to cook something healthy ... so sometimes I just have to suck it up, get out the ingredients, and do the cooking. I did feel like I'd slain a dragon tonight, after finishing my moderate and delicious homemade supper vs. the extra large pizza with everything that I had almost stopped for on my way home -- what a great feeling! Hurray for the motivation of the May Challenge!

May 24, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
A moderate yellow day at a lots-of-fun picnic -- am so glad I saved an S-Day for it, but nothing crazy at all. However, when am I going to learn not to sit next to the chips???!!! Could have used a better "proximity strategy". Another picnic tomorrow -- based on today's experience, one of my goals will be to physically place myself in a location where it is awkward to get at the appetizers. Although allowed on an S-Day, for me they turn into mindless, unnecessary grazing, and simply not being near them can go a long way to avoiding that. Am wondering if I should take tomorrow as an S-Day or not. Depending on what's going on next week, I may want to take my S-Days on Wed/Thu instead of Fri/Sat. Breakfast and lunch are not an issue, and if I don't take seconds, omit the snacks (i.e. appetizers), and skip dessert (which I'm generally not interested in anyway), it could be an N-Day ... will decide tomorrow morning based on what I find out about this week's activities, so I know what the plan is up front.
Last edited by winnie96 on Mon May 25, 2009 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu May 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Are you a member of the 21 day club? You're there if you aren't already! Good job!
Please pray for me

winnie96

Re: May 2009 Challenge: Week 4

Post by winnie96 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 am

May 25, 2009 (Mon) = Yellow
A moderate yellow day. I'm only planning one S-Day during the week, not two like I thought I might, so decided to make today my second S-Day of last week due to the holiday picnic. (Just 2 appetizers, regular-size one-plate meal, and fruit (albeit sugared) for dessert). Just a few days until May 31st, and still on track -- very motivated to finish up May with no red! And will be glad to get to that first week in June and back to a "normal" schedule. Planning non-standard S-Days makes me a bit nervous.

May 26, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Nothing much to note ... a very easy green day. Didn't do my shugging and weights routines until quite late. Need to think how I can incorporate getting the goal of getting exercise done before, say, noon into the June Challenge.

May 27, 2009 (Wed) = Yellow
And here's the planned yellow day, reserved for both lunch and dinner with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. But it was basically the usual three meals: just had a tiny bit of appetizer, one small slice of dessert, and a bit of celebratory champagne. And got plenty of walking in!

May 28, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Almost fell off the tracks at supper time, but came to my senses at the last minute! Was also very tempted to have a late evening cheese-&-cracker-fest. Where does this stuff come from? And after months of not even thinking about a late snack! Fortunately, the May Challenge really motivated me to not have to post a red, especially with so few days until month-end. I need Friday and Saturday to be green, then have a yellow Sunday for a birthday party, and May will be a done deal -- I know I can do this!

May 29, 2009 (Fri) = Green
Hooray! Made it through the day without a snack, sweet, or seconds! Just didn't have dessert at supper!

May 30, 2009 (Sat) = Green
Green, but just barely. I've never done this before: I waited until 12:01 am to finish up the corn from supper, i.e. it was Sunday (an S-Day) before I ate it. Not a terrific idea, but at least it conforms to the letter of No-S, and I did feel fairly good about not having seconds.

May 31, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
And I took full advantage of the S-Day, having a snack (pretzels), seconds (more roasted potatoes, please!), and a sweet (great cake at a friend's birthday party). Am so please to have made it through June with no red days, and am looking forward to the June Challenge.

winnie96

June 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Post by winnie96 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm

June 1, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Got through first day of June challenge ok, although had canned soup for dinner for "convenience". Saw a recipe for a soup made from chicken broth and salsa on tv last night, and am thinking something like this might be a better choice if I'm not at home. It has been quite awhile since I've had canned soup: the taste was a quite a bit off from homemade, and left me feeling like I hadn't been kind to my body. Must remember that commercially prepared food, lite or otherwise, has properties quite unlike freshly prepared food.

June 2, 2009 (Tue) = Yellow (UNPLANNED)
I am not at all pleased to report an unplanned S-Day on Day 2 of the June Challenge, but am working on getting a grip and realizing that "things happen". I made of list of excuses for the snacks and ice cream, and thought about ways in which I could have defensed each one, so at least have learned something. Fortunately, I don't need this Friday as an S-Day. As Reinhard says, however, you don't want to introduce too much wheeling-and-dealing into No-S. That would put me right back where I was, making trade-offs left and right, and having endless debates with myself about how and when to pull them off. Thank heaven for the June challenge. I don't think I would have put this much thought into what I was doing if I wasn't reporting in like this!

June 3, 2009 (Wed) = Green
Right back on track, thank goodness. (Every time I mess up, I fear that it is the start of weeks of something bad). Am feeling a little under the weather, so don't have my usual level of pep and enthusiasm for No-S, but the habit part seems to be kicking in. Unlike yesterday, it didn't occur to me to eat other than one plateful at each meal. Went for a shorter, slower walk rather than skip it entirely, and that helped me to feel a tad better.

June 4, 2009 (Thu) = Green
An uneventful green day. Still feeling a bit off, so once again went for a slower, shorter walk.

June 5, 2009 (Fri) = Green
Yay! A truly beautiful N-Day, even though Friday is usually an S-Day for me. (Had to switch off due to Tuesday's unplanned S-Disaster). Even had dins with friends and didn't have seconds or dessert -- cheerfully even! Alas, pouring rain all day (too wet even for me; generally I go out in almost everything), so didn't get out walking, but that's ok ... got to have those S-Days for exercise as well as food. Still feeling a bit off, but today's success has cheered me up to no end and am re-pumped for the June Challenge!

June 6, 2009 (Sat) = Green
Yay, again! Have pulled this week out despite the unplanned S-Day! This afternoon was tough; didn't think I could make it to dinner without my RyKrisp snack, but figured out that I wasn't really hungry, it was more that I was having kind of a stupid day without much focus on anything productive. I don't think that I have to be going at 110% every day, but some of my less go-go days can dissolve into mild chaos, which still leads me back to snacking ... need to work on this, but at least I'm a little more aware of what's going on.

June 7, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
A nice gentle S-Day. It's funny how the N-Day habits carry over to S-Days. I had a very early breakfast, and wanted a little something before it was lunch time, but wasn't going to snack (on my favorite rye crackers), then remembered that today is an S-Day -- it's ok. So I had four crackers, and that was enough. Other than a tiny scoop of ice cream for dessert, and those crackers, it was an N-Day. Which seemed very normal!

winnie96

June 2009 Challenge: Week 2

Post by winnie96 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 am

June 8, 2009 (Mon) = Green
A very slow launch this morning. Felt sluggish and unenthusiastic. Rallied in late afternoon, did meal plan for the week, made grocery list, went marketing, cooked a good supper from real food, got in a 5000 step walk, shugged -- got it all done and felt better. This week, I need to focus on getting to bed at a reasonable hour and improving the quality of my sleep -- that's part of what's making the mornings such a struggle, and I'm much more likely to rack up a red day when I'm struggling like that.

June 9, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Still in somewhat low-energy mode. Stayed up too late. But did drink my chamomile tea. Good food and walk day.

June 10, 2009 (Wed) = Green
A frenzy of cooking from-scratch, healthy foods for supper and to freeze for next week. Am feeling quite smug about having these kinds of meals on hand. Am trying to be a bit more adventurous in using different recipes so it's not plain chicken all the time. Not doing well with the sleep thing, stayed up til 12:30 am with a good book, slept for an hour, tossed and turned for awhile, etc. Not focusing on this the way I need to. Wish there was an Everyday System for sleep.

June 11, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Had a cocktail but no hors d'oeuvres at the drinks party last night, so I'm still green! Was great to come home to a delicious homemade supper (turkey meatloaf, coleslaw). Did my walk and weights early-ish without squawking, feel like I'm getting some of my pep back. Am hoping it's a trend.

June 12, 2009 (Fri) = Yellow
Dinner with friends (not outrageous). The N-Day habits are carrying over to S-Days a lot lately. Was in a grocery store where they were handing out samples and my automatic "I am not a snacker" tune played in my head. Then I did sort of a double-take and thought "it's an S-Day, it's ok". And then I thought "but why would I want that?" and walked right by. Previously, would have scarfed up every sample in the store! Truly enjoyed a meatloaf sandwich for breakfast instead of the usual oatmeal, although there was some oatmeal in the meatloaf. Good, planned S-Day.

June 13, 2009 (Sat) = Green
I love it when I pull off a green Satrday! It's so tempting to think "aw, it's the weekend, go ahead, have a snack", but kept busy all day, did all exercises, and this Saturday turned out to be relatively easy to keep green. Success on Saturday also make Sunday (S-Day) more enjoyable as I don't have to stress over yesterday's behavior.

June 14, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
Yellow, but yikes! Just when you're thinking you've really got it down ... I was so pumped yesterday, and today was just out of control. Not a total disaster, but certainly not the moderate kind of day I'm looking for. "The End of Overeating" notwithstanding, what happens? How can I be Saturday's model No-S-er, and today's whacko? Oh well, at least I now have the No-S "mark it and move on" mentality (thank goodness it was an S-Day to mark in yellow), and this isn't going to turn into a week-long binge. Ah, feeling better already. What a blessing these boards are! You get all the good advice in the posts, plus the opportunity to write down and reflect on your own feelings. Started out very glum, but now am looking forward to a Great Green Week!
Last edited by winnie96 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Doesn't look like you've had any red for a long time, at least all through May! Keep up the great work!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:38 pm

You're doing great... still! :wink:
Please pray for me

winnie96

Re: June 2009 Challenge: Week 3

Post by winnie96 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 am

Mimi and Reneew - thank you for your encouragement!

June 15, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Whew! Got right back on track today after yesterday's S-Day shenanigans. Spent some time planning meals for the week, cooked a healthy supper, and got in a good walk. Emotionally, I feel so much better on N-Days, and accomplish so much more. Need to store the memory of those feelings to conjure up on S-Days with a chance of going wild.

June 16, 2009 (Tue) = Green
We're having kind of funky weather which is throwing me off a bit, but not enough to forsake No-S or exercise. Granted, didn't get out for my walk until almost 7:30 pm, but I got it done, then came back and did my weights routine and shugging. Exercise feels so good -- need to investigate why I keep putting it off until late in the day.

June 17, 2009 (Wed) = Green
Finally, a nice sunny day! Knocked myself out with gardening and yarding - tons of exercise! Had an especially nice No-S lunch (salsa soup, turkey sandwich, delicious apple, with 1/2 glass of milk). I really appreciate the way No-S makes each meal so enjoyable, especially compared to my old inclination to mindlessly wolf down everything in sight!

June 18, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Major monsoon, all day. Not to worry -- got in 30 minutes of walking round and round my apartment while chatting on the phone. No excuses! Kept busy and stayed away from food other than at meals. On these rainy days, just have to keep in motion!

June 19, 2009 (Fri) = Green
Normally, an S-Day, but just didn't have any desire or occasion for S's. Maybe tomorrow. Lots of walking as weather cleared in the afternoon.

June 20, 2009 (Sat) = Yellow
Well, this is getting weird. Today could easily have been an N-Day as once again, I really didn't feel like snacking, seconding, or sweeting. What gives? Habit, I hope! I do think that S-Days are a key component of No-S, so decided to have a tiny dessert after supper -- a little light sour cream mixed with orange marmalade -- just to keep myself honest. Very tasty, but I could have done without it.

June 21, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
A sensible S-Day, including appetizer and dessert at dinner with friends, but the rest of the day was as usual. Shugged and did my weights routine, but didn't get out for walk -- but that's ok! My plan calls for one day off per week, and I have to challenge myself with "Dare to Take the Day Off!" Still have a bit of the all-or-nothing attitude toward exercise, but at least am aware of it and striving to manage it. Am so pleased to have had another good week -- hurray for the June Challenge! Lots of motivation!

winnie96

Re: June 2009 Challenge: Week 4

Post by winnie96 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm

June 22, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Getting back to No-S day on Monday always feels good! No problems today. Did a lot of cooking so am all set on meals thru Wednesday. Knowing that meals are already prepared helps me a lot. Added Phayze's new punch and upper-cut moves to my shovelglove routine; they really got me pumped up, so have decided to focus on exercise this week. Got in a good one hour walk, and will be looking to do that each day.

June 23, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Tons of exercise taming the garden and lawn (the equivalent of an hour's walk!), plus weights routine and shugging. Did fine on food: delicious already-made meals.

June 24, 2009 (Wed) = Green
But so much for the exercise focus -- I used a little rain as an excuse and only walked for half an hour. "All you can get is wet!" On the positive side, at least I did get out there. Doing ok on food, although it's a little harder in the summer when the sun rises so early. Have been getting up around 5 am wanting breakfast, but that's a long time until lunch. Having a cup of tea then and waiting until 7:00 or so for breakfast helps a bit.

June 25, 2009 (Thu) = Green
Back on the exercise track -- big garden and lawn workout! Ended up getting home late with no home-cooked meals in freezer, but didn't screw up -- had a back up Lean Cuisine and spinach for supper. Not something I want to do on an everyday basis, but certainly better than stopping for a Big Mac.

June 26, 2009 (Fri) = Yellow
Marathon shopping workout! Worked out well -- found what I needed, but didn't spend too much money, and literally walked miles! I used to kind of look down my nose at mall walking, but am pleased to discover that you can really get cranking there. Very useful in the rainy, humid weather we've been having.

June 27, 2009 (Sat) = Green
Antsy all day and very tempted to just chuck it and have a Big Snack. I think it's because I don't really feel like doing most of the things on my ToDo list, so am procrastinating, which makes me feel at loose ends, which leads me down that path that leads to thinking that food will somehow get things done. Yikes! The solution, of course, was to just get going -- go out for a walk, do a few chores, and get back into the game. Fortunately, I did that in time to fend off the Big Snack. Close call, but putting a red day on HabitCal at the end of the month would be such a disappointment; hurray for the June Challenge!

June 28, 2009 (Sun) = Yellow
Regular breakfast and lunch, but was out to dinner at friends and although I didn't have seconds or an unreasonably full plate, it was simply too much of the wrong kind of food! Felt terrible all night! Can't wait for the Monday N-Day! Was going to take the day off from walking, but got involved in a few marathon phone conversations, during which I walked around in the house, and ended up with a respectable 9,000 steps, which made me feel somewhat better. Only 2 days left in the June Challenge -- go Green!

June 29, 2009 (Mon) = Green
Good day, but still feeling full from last night's dinner. Had a light supper and walked up a storm. Lots to do, with complicated scheduling and coordination, so am a bit distracted, but it hasn't occurred to me to use food to settle down, thank goodness. The power of No-S habits in action! Only one more day to go!

June 30, 2009 (Tue) = Green
Made it! Thought I might blow it today due to packing for vacation which starts tomorrow (packing is always a source of stress for me), but kept it together nicely -- a good finish to the June Challenge!

winnie96

July 2009 Challenge - Weeks 1 and 2

Post by winnie96 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:12 pm

No Green Days whatsoever during my vacation in the UK. Deep down, I knew there wouldn't be any, but I did kind of overdo it on a number of occasions. Not to worry ... will mark it and move on ... then do a good job on the remaining two weeks. So nice to come home to No-S!

winnie96

July 2009 Challenge - Weeks 3 and 4

Post by winnie96 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:15 pm

July 16 (Thu) = Green
Major jet lag, but am not going to use that as an excuse to abandon No-S! Couldn't quite get to shovelglove, but did have a green day and got my walking steps in. Spent lots of time on catching up with posts on these boards -- what a help they are!

July 17 (Fri) = Green
Friday weigh-in shows that I gained 5 pounds on vacation, so am more determined than ever to stay in the No-S groove. Had a green day despite dinner with friends and walked a lot. Still didn't get to SG -- that may need to wait until Monday when I'm not quite so punchy.

July 18 (Sat) = Green
Having used up my S-Days earlier in the week, this weekend is going to be N-Days. Today went well, although I'm still feeling fat and stuffed from the vacation feeding frenzy, so it wasn't much of an effort to keep on track. Can't wait to be hungry again! Got the walk and weights done. Slowly getting back to normal on my internal clock, but still have one foot left in the outer space of jet lag.

July 19 (Sun) = Green
Hurray! Made it through the rest of the week in good No-S shape! Am very determined to get through the rest of the month with no red days. I'm trying not to focus on the 5 lbs I gained on vacation, but instead to pay strict attention to the No-S habits and to eating healthy meals with lots of veggies. It's hard to ignore the 5 lbs, though (am feeling quite pudgy), and it's also hard to abandon the diet mentality that says I was "bad" on vacation. In the past, that attitude has led to the "oh what's the use, have another bag of Doritos, you're a bad person anyway" snack fest, and I certainly want to avoid that. Maybe change self-talk to something like "on vacation, I could have made some better choices on food type, quantity, and frequency, but I didn't -- now, vacation is over, and I'm back to making the No-S kinds of choices that I love".

July 20 (Mon) = Green
Just fine on the food today, but am struggling to get the walk in. I procrastinate until the last moment, although once I get out there, I enjoy it. Quite a mystery ... need to come up with some motivators to get me out there earlier so I don't have that cloud hanging over me all day long.

July 21 (Tue) = Green
Another green for No-S but almost completely blew the exercise -- blecch. Ended up taking a 5,000 step walk inside my house 11-11:45 pm. PM! Talk about procrastination! Skipped shugging, just didn't feel like doing it. I don't know where this anti-exercise kick is coming from, but I don't like it and wish I could come up with something to motivate myself.

July 22 (Wed) = Green
Green on No-S, but bad news on exercise -- no walk, no weights, no shovelglove. Am just in the dumps for some reason, and completely unmotivated. Thank heaven the No-S habits are keeping me on track, food-wise. Took the day as "exempt" for exercise and shugging, so will have to get back on track for the rest of the week. Ugh -- summertime blahs, I guess.

July 23 (Thu) = Green
Did very well on No-S, and actually got in all walking and shugging fairly easily. Also did some yard work, quick like a bunny before our unending New England rains set in, and that got me going. Still not back to where I want to be, energy and motivation-wise, but I need to just be thankful that I am holding the line anyway.

July 24 (Fri) = Green
Fridays are usually S-Days for me, but didn't really feel like having any S's, so today ended up being green. Took the lawn mower out for a 60-minute walk which felt good. Did my shugging at 10 pm -- not my finest hour -- but it's taking awhile to get back on my usual schedule. Still a bit out of sorts: feeling like I'll never be able to get through my huge to-do list, and not being very motivated to get to some of the items on it, is dragging me down. Gotta get going on the list!

July 25 (Sat) = Green
A green day despite a delightful family picnic. Skipped the appetizers, had 1 plate only (hot dog, tomatoes, assorted baked beans, assorted mac/mayo salads), was tempted mightily but did not have seconds, and skipped dessert! Had quite enough to eat, and it was easy to trade off appetizer/dessert for those salads! Got in early-ish walk, shugged & did weights when I got home from picnic. All in all, a good day.

July 26 (Sun) = Green
A little leftover thought from yesterday: it was nice to be able to focus on what a great time I was having seeing & talking to everybody vs. stressing over food ... Today, just didn't want any S's, so it was kind of an inadvertent green day. After the vacation indulgences of the first two weeks of July, it's awfully good to be back in the Land of No-S!

July 27 (Mon) = Green
But a most uninspired green ... just couldn't get going. Took yellows for walking and shugging, but did manage to stay on track food-wise. The hot, humid weather we are having gets me down ... once I get parked in front of a fan, I'm not apt to move.

July 28 (Tue) = Yellow
Yellow, as planned, for yet another family picnic. Kind of got into the tortilla chips in a big way, but otherwise not too excessive. The other side of the family is having a picnic on Saturday, so will use that as my second S-Day for this week. Note to self: Friday and Sunday will be N-Days this week!

July 29 (Wed) = Green
Felt like eating a bit lighter today, so had a cucumber/tomato/avocado sandwich for lunch, and scrambled eggs & toast for supper -- delicious! Got in all exercise despite the heat & humidity, so am feeling back on track. In the past, I might have used Saturday's upcoming picnic as an excuse to overdo from Tuesday on into Wed-Thu-Fri, but that is not going to be the case now.

July 30 (Thu) = Green
Tried a new thing in my spinach salad at lunch - jicama cut into matchstick size pieces -- a nice addition, very crispy and fresh tasting. I think I've been in something of a rut with menu selections, so will be trying to branch out a little more in the next few weeks. Just about passed out after taking taking the lawn mower for a 40-minute walk -- mega-humidity is not my thing!

July 31 (Fri) = RED
Oh, boo! I had a small, thoughtlessly taken, second helping of coleslaw for dinner, but a second is a second, so today is Red. Not to worry, however. The August Challenge is coming up, and I have every confidence that I can get through the month without any red days. July wasn't much of a success what with the Vacation Disaster and all, but it was a good learning experience, so am not down in the dumps about it like I might have been in my pre-No-S days. Onward to August!

winnie96

August 2009 Challenge: Weeks 1 and 2

Post by winnie96 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

August 1 (Saturday) = Yellow
Yellow, as planned, at another family picnic. Had seconds and sweets -- not off the charts, but I could have made some better choices. I'm trying to treat the "better choices" idea as a fleeting thought rather than a matter of regret. For this event, I knew up front exactly what I was in for (menu-wise), and had decided that today was going to be a banner S-Day -- not an S-Day gone wild, but an S-Day where my main focus is enjoying the family get-together, not stressing over food choices. Mission accomplished! ( I'm looking forward to a green Sunday, though).

August 2 (Sunday) = Green
Yeah, green but I really have to stop kidding myself about wine ... may need to move it to an "S" category. I am pretty close to what I want to weigh, and the extra calories in a few glasses of wine are probably what's keeping me from dropping the last few pounds. Need to work on the Woofs (WF-Days, i.e. wine-free days).

August 3 (Monday) = Yellow
I don't know what happened, but today was ugly -- it included a trip to McDonald's and did not include any exercise at all. Messing around with S-Days last week probably got me off track, plus I am not used to having so many meals away from home. Got up in a cranky mood, had breakfast #1 followed by breakfast #2 kind of late, skipped normal lunchtime & ended up with a bacon/cheese Angus burger around 4 pm, then had a bag of chips and some orange juice for dinner. Felt awful - stuffed to the gills. On a more positive note, this could have ended up as a huge binge, but at least I kept to a "meals" sort of structure (vs. snacking) and didn't load up on junk food when I went to the grocery store. Mark it & move on ... but I am feeling kind of lousy, no energy or enthusiasm -- hot, humid weather? Need to figure some way out of this funk ... It just occurred to me that my nose is somewhat out of joint over (a) having gained about 5 pounds on vacation last month, and (b) the fact that they're not coming off quickly. I may be falling into the old diet trap of letting the scale dictate how I feel. Need to get out of that pit NOW!

August 4 (Tuesday) = Green
Whew! Feeling quite a bit better. Had a nice green day, lots of exercise with the lawn mower, did a fairly thorough house cleaning. Usual oatmeal, blueberry, walnut, Fiber One breakfast. Had a fun sandwich for lunch: sliced cucumber, tomato, and hard-boiled egg with a spot of mayo followed by an apple. Then a good supper: lean ground turkey frizzled with onion, green peppers, diced tomatoes, and brown rice. Food, mood? Probably need to think about these kinds of life-enhancing meals vis-a-vis my recent slide into the Slough of Despond -- did I really think a McDonald's Angus meal deal would result in happiness? Pleased with today and chuffed to think similar events will continue into tomorrow.

August 5 (Wednesday) = Green
Kind of a repeat of yesterday with good food and more lawn mowing, although I waited until evening as it was so hot and humid. Reading Jillian Michael's "Managing Your Metabolism" which, although one wonders about these celebrity kinds of books, is pretty interesting vis-a-vis hormones. Not a lot of new information on the food front, but reinforces the clean eating idea.

August 6 (Thursday) = Green
Did ok food-wise, but grasped exercise victory from the jaws of defeat at about 11 pm when I walked in place for 30 minutes and did my shovelglove routine. Yikes! Procrastination plus! Did get a good night's sleep, though, which surprised me as "they" say you shouldn't exercise too close to bedtime. Don't want to make this a habit, however. Really wish I could pinpoint the reason for these doldrums so I can do something about it.

August 7 (Friday) = Green
Friday would normally be an S-Day, but didn't find any of the S's appealing, so it was kind of an inadvertent N-Day. Much nicer day, weather-wise, much less humidity, and did feel somewhat better. Got exercise all done in the afternoon (instead of just before midnight!) Slept very poorly, however. If I could just get motivation & weather & sleep all together at once ... wouldn't life be grand!

August 8 (Saturday) = Green
Took time to cook a nice chicken and spinach supper, and got in a very enjoyable one-hour walk. Spent some time planning meals for next week -- am going to shake up my routine a bit: different breakfast, a bit more protein at lunch, and back to simple for supper (e.g. grilled chicken and a veg or two). Part of my low energy problem could be that I have been eating more or less the same thing for a month or so -- and it wouldn't surprise me if lack of variety played some role in the McDonald's incident last Monday.

August 9 (Sunday) = Yellow
Had seconds on corn (seems to be my downfall this summer, but it was an S-day) but was otherwise very N-ish except for an extra glass of wine I could have done without. Got in walking steps by marching around the house while on a long phone conversation -- that it one easy way to get it done! Next week starts program shake-up: will keep walking as usual, but have a new workout DVD and menus will be a bit different: more salads, more vegetables, and a bit more protein. Am going to keep suppers "simple" (e.g. piece of chicken and a pile of yellow squash). Have been having too many more elaborate meals, especially out, and I really enjoy "plain" food. Have a slight lull in the picnic scene so am going to take advantage of that.

August 10 (Monday) = Green
Really hot & humid today, so wasn't inclined to start new DVD, but dragged myself out for a walk, then dove right into it -- fun! Needed to hit the shower immediately after, but felt great to get it done. Egg white omlet with veggies for brek, salad with tomatoes and turkey for lunch, plain chicken breast and yellow squash (a favorite) for supper -- tasted great. Am excited about the week.

August 11 (Tuesday) = Green
A repeat of yesterday, except I was pumped about doing the DVD workout. Feeling considerably more energetic, despite the weather. May be just psychological but hey, I'll take it.

August 12 (Wednesday) = Green
A bright green day, food-wise, and lots of exercise between the yard, walking, sg, and my DVD. May have overdone it a bit in the yard, but it's very satisfying to have it looking so good. I definitely am feeling more motivated on the food and exercise fronts, which is heartening, and provides even more motivation. Gotta make sure this cycle continues!

August 13 (Thursday) = Green
Another dynamite day, although I must admit I got up really late because I was so wiped out by yesterday's yard marathon. Bounced back, though, and got through all today's stuff in fine form. Am looking forward to taking a little break on this weekend's S-Days, and that is one of the nice things about S-Days: you can enjoy the N-days even more because you can look forward to S-Days. Broke my 3-day Woof streak, but very moderately, so OK.

August 14 (Friday) = Green
Yippee! My food and exercise shake-up seems to be working as I have finally made a dent in my vacation poundage! Sailed through another day, and was even able to stay on track out to dins with friends. Am having a lot of trouble sleeping, however. You'd think with all this exercise that I'd fall right to sleep and stay there. Maybe it's the woof days -- 4 out 5 so far this week, not bad.

August 15 (Saturday) = Yellow
I woke about 4 am absolutely starving so had some salsa and Greek yogurt, not bad, but a surprise. Must not be eating enough for supper. Actually, I was kind of already awake as it was another night of not too much sleep. I know this will work out over time, so am not going to fret about it, especially since food and exercise are going so well. Treated myself to an S-Day cocktail pre-supper, and in another surprise, didn't have the WW frozen meal I usually love -- wanted something a bit more wholesome -- so had a tuna/spinach/capers/basil/bread/olive oil creation which was just dandy!

August 16 (Sunday) = Yellow
Mellow Yellow all around, even on walking and DVD workout. Very hot, plus I do think a 7-day per week schedule of exercise is a bit much, plus it's nice to have Sunday as a "day off" and just relax. Must be careful not to use the hot weather excuse too much, though -- I can always get in a good walk at the mall! And if I have to turn on the AC briefly (hate to do that, so expensive) to get the DVD done, I should just do that. Feeling very determined not to get side-tracked by the weather, or anything else for that matter.
Last edited by winnie96 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey Winnie, dropping by to give you some love! I really like the diary format of your daily check-in. It's fun to read and I'm so impressed with how well you work no-S! I'm aspiring to your level of performance...

Have a great weekend!
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Vigilant2010 wrote:Hey Winnie, dropping by to give you some love! I really like the diary format of your daily check-in. It's fun to read and I'm so impressed with how well you work no-S! I'm aspiring to your level of performance...
Thank you, Vigilant, although I must say I am kind of struggling at this point. The lack of energy & enthusiasm is getting me down, and the darn 5 pounds from vacation are a haunt. But you're right, I do try to work with No-S, and will continue that effort. That's another good point about No-S, I think, you can work with it. If I was on any kind of diet at this point, I'd be totally off the wagon. With No-S you can switch up your food choices and amounts, without breaking some "forbidden food" rule. Hopefully, our lousy heat/humidity lately has something to do with my exercise slump, and it will clear up once better weather arrives! ... Good Weekend to you, too!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:10 pm

winnie96 wrote:I must say I am kind of struggling at this point. The lack of energy & enthusiasm is getting me down...
Boy do I hear ya! I'm right there with ya... lack of schedule, too hot to want to exercise and I can't wait until fall now! Hang in there and impress yourself by having a great August! :wink:
Please pray for me

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 am

It's been really hot where I am the past couple of days; it's enough to make anyone crabby and lazy. I'm sure you'll come out of your slump soon enough. :)
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

winnie96

Re: August 2009 Challenge: Weeks 3 and 4

Post by winnie96 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 am

August 17 (Monday) = Green 6 d
Good kickoff to the week, and Part II of the August Challenge! I bit the bullet and turned on the AC in the evening so that I could get through my DVD workout without passing out from the heat/humidity. No excuses! Had a nice cold chicken & veggie plate for supper, nothing fancy, but satisfying and tasty. Woof!

August 18 (Tuesday) = Green
And, it was Rediscover Brussels Sprouts Day. Roasted thinly sliced b.sprouts with shallot, lots of garlic, and a little olive oil at 450 for about 30 minutes, then mixed in some fresh chopped tomato, and had with a small serving of whole wheat penne -- simple, but really delicious! Walked at the mall due to the heat, and just sucked it up and did my DVD at home sans AC. The post-workout shower made it all worthwhile.

August 19 (Wednesday) = Green
Whew! I must say lawn mowing in 90-degree weather is quite a workout! Did that, plus walking, plus DVD and shugging (thanks to AC), plus cooked scallops for supper (a first for me). With a salmon salad sandwich on grain bread for lunch, I guess this was Seafood Day. Shake-Up Week continues: I don't usually eat that much fish.

8/20 = Green
8/21= Yellow

May quit posting. Don't like the tone some of these threads are taking.
Last edited by winnie96 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Don't be discouraged Winnie! Keep at it - you'll be past your vacation pounds very soon!
Are you back at school yet? Today officially begins our *work* week (ha!) and our kids come back on the 25th. I'm grateful for the flex days we had prior to today - I was actually able to get my classroom pretty much in order!
Hope you have a great year! I'm a little leery of how I'll react to all the beginning-of-the-year stress. Over the summer I've collected quite a little collection of *NoS jewelry* that I wear to keep me on the straight and narrow! I think of each item as sort of a *secret club badge* that no one else knows about...corny, huh? But - no emeralds yet...leaving that to Bluebunny!
Talk to you soon!

Mimi
:D

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:25 pm

mimi wrote:Don't be discouraged Winnie! Keep at it - you'll be past your vacation pounds very soon! ... Are you back at school yet?
Hi Mimi, Vigilant, & Reneew, and thank you all for your encouragement. Actually, I am feeling a whole lot better, have gotten most of my energy back and am once again feeling sunny and optimistic. I attribute it to my "shake-up" week: ate completely different foods than usual (was in a terrible rut) and pepped up my workouts with a new DVD. So hopefully I'm back. (Shake-up Week also peeled off 2-3 of those vacation pounds, which also helps).

BTW, Mimi: I'm not a teacher ... currently a free-lance computer geek. Best wishes to you for a great school year, and keep wearing that jewelry to get through that start-up stress!

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Wow, Winnie, look at you go! Good job.

And you are worth the cost of the occasional AC blast, if that's what it takes to get a workout in and feel good. :) (But I do understand; we try to keep ours off as much as possible too.)

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 am

BTW, Mimi: I'm not a teacher ... currently a free-lance computer geek. Best wishes to you for a great school year, and keep wearing that jewelry to get through that start-up stress!
Oops! Guess I just had a senior moment and confused you with someone else - I know there are several teachers who regularly post here. So, a free-lance computer geek - I love it! Some of my best friends do the same thing!!
"shake-up" week: ate completely different foods than usual (was in a terrible rut) and pepped up my workouts with a new DVD.
This is great! I love the idea and will store it away for future use - probably for this winter after all the holiday hoopla is over and the doldrums hit! There's gotta be a sticky place where you can put this for everyone to see!

Have a great day!

Mimi :D