Nichole's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:33 am

Looking forward to hearing your birth announcement, and seeing pictures of your litte one! :)

Best wishes!!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey y'all, still waiting. Due Monday. People have a hard time believing that lol. I have had my moments, especially early Monday mornings when I'm tired from the weekend. People on the whattoexpect September2010 message board keep reporting their babies being born and it kind of gets me down.

Pregnancy hasn't been so bad but we want to meet our child. Husband wants me to ask about getting my membranes stripped, but I said no. If there is no medical need, I'm not doing it. It's considered a form of inducing, after all! Of course, if the 20th rolls around (42 weeks), I will HAVE to be induced. That's fine. Fortunately I feel well enough to just keep waiting. But I am very impatient at times.

Wow, I didn't expect to write a book, lol!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:50 pm

I remember those feelings well. If I had not had to have a C section (my son ended up being almost 11 pounds and I'm only 5'1), I think he would have been born at 42 weeks. He was NOT happy to be taken out of me. LOL!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Wow, 11 lbs! I would want to have a C if my baby was 11 lbs! I know they can be wrong a lot, but the doctor thinks that the baby is only about 7 lbs (as of last week anyway).

We rotate doctors and I just realized I have a male doc tomorrow. :(

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm

I was ordered to have a C section because of my size. :) I don't blame you on not looking forward to a male doctor. I had to have one for one of my visits, and I liked my female OB much better.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 am

Gosh, this takes me back to how exciting and yes, scary it was right before I delieverd each of my kids.

You will do great, things have changed a lot in the last 150 years :D

Can't wait for the big news.
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 pm

I got on this site just to see if that baby had arrived yet! Best wishes!! i'll be checking back again in a few days.
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 pm

No baby... Still waiting and I will wait as long as possible before being induced. I'm not comfortable being induced unless it's 1) medically necessary or 2) baby is 42 weeks. I don't hit 42 weeks until September 20. So I suppose I'll have the baby sometime between now and then. Sigh. We're walking the mall tomorrow for an hour or so.

Oh and I'm quite exhausted. :( Had a bit of a breakdown when doctor said we'll start discussing inductions on Tuesday!! But, like I said, I'm going to tell them I want to wait.

I've only gained 25 lbs as of right now.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am

I know how you are feeling.. both my babies were two weeks late!! Stay well rested and enjoy these last couple days of freedom as much as possible!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:58 pm

My second baby was 2 weeks late - but was always very contented when she did appear! She just loved to sleep! Like Grammy says - enjoy these peaceful days :D Good luck!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Checking in and sending good wishes. Hang in there!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 am

Still no baby, just waiting. Going to be a very boring week at work because I did all of my work ahead of time.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:49 am

Nicole,

Believe it or not, I was outside watering my flowers last night and thought - Hey it would be cool if Nicole went into labor on Labor Day :D

I will echo what the others have said, enjoy this down time and especially enjoy the time that you and your husband share, these are your last days as "just a couple".

Of course, being parents will be even more wonderful but I would savor these moments as well.
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 pm

lol, Thanks for thinking of me!

I bought fabric for two presents on Sunday and spent the day sewing on Monday. I am so super glad I did because otherwise I would have been on the couch all day, bored! I took an hour-long walk, but that still leaves several waking hours to fill. I made an apron for my mom for her November birthday and a Christmas stocking for my step-dad. These were the two sewing projects I wanted to do but thought I wouldn't have time for before the baby ... But I saw the opportunity and took it! Both cost only about $25 TOTAL.

I ran out of double bias tape to finish the pockets of her apron ... If I'm still pregnant tomorrow (lol) I guess I'll stop at Joann's and get some so I can finish it. Won't take long at all. But if I can't, that's fine. It's still functional, just lacking decorative pockets.

Last night we talked about inducing next week :/. I hope it doesn't come to that. Have to take a non-stress-test on Monday.

And since this is a dieting board, I should add that my official 40-week weigh-in was 158.6 for a total of 25.6 lbs gained. :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Had our baby! She came at 3:37 AM on September 9th. No epidural, but some mild narcotics for the crazy pain!! It's one week and a day post pardum and I'm down to 138 - pre-preg I was 133. Breastfeeding is going really well - she's already 4 oz over her birth weight.

dmarie710

Post by dmarie710 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 pm

How beautiful. Congratulations. Oh, she really is a pretty baby.
Denise
restart No S on 4/1 at 132#
goal is 120-123# doing vanilla NoS with Eat Stop Eat on Monday.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Congratulations on your sweet little girl! I agree with Denise ... She's a beauty! :D

And congrats, too, on being so close to your pre-pregnancy weight so soon. 8) That's awesome! You were very attentive to your health/diet during the pregnancy and it has definitely paid off. You are a terrific role model.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:16 am

Congrats, Nichole! So glad to see such a beautiful little girl. And I'm amazed and impressed by your quick return to pre-pregnancy weight!

Julie

Happyhomemama

Post by Happyhomemama » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:32 am

Simply preciousness. :D Congratulations!!!
Deanna in WA
Mom of 6
5'4" 38 yo
Started No S 8/9/2010
SW: 179.4 (9/5, no scale prior) :)
Began Calorie Counting 10/4 & 178 lbs
CW: 176.6
1st goal: 160
Final Goal: 130

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Aww. she is gorgeous. So happy everything went well.

And, girl, to just have had a baby, you are skinnny. If I remember correctly on the first post I read, you had gotten down to 144 before your wedding.

So, look you have had a BABY are are even thinner.

Enjoy every second of this miracle and your healthy lifestyle :wink:
Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Congratulations Momma! She's a beauty! So precious...enjoy every minute with her and take lots of pictures!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:57 am

Congratulations! She's beautiful! And great job on being so close to your pre-pregnancy weight!

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 am

A beautiful baby - congratulations! Well done with the breastfeeding and the weight loss. Very very happy for you :D

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:04 pm

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

And congrats getting the breastfeeding going - that's so good for BOTH of you. (For one thing, it makes you sit down and rest enough, which is hard for new mommas to do. And I'm sure you already know all the baby benefits!)

Wishing you joy, and enough sleep to manage! :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks all! Sorry for disapearing for a while.

Anyway, breastfeeding has continued to go well. I'm back at work this week and pumping at work is going REALLY well. I do it 3x a day and get 20+ ounces!!

My weight has dropped to 128. I was 133 before pregnancy... This would be OK, but my face looks a tad bit gaunt and I don't want to look gaunt. Why can't it take the weight off my thighs instead?? Lol! So I don't know. I don't want to force myself to eat more than I want to, maybe I'm just not used to my new face. And it could be temporary, too.

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Nicole!
So excited to hear from you and happy all is going well! Even though you are unhappy that you look "gaunt" your body has been going though some big changes. Why don't you give it a few months before you decide it's a problem? I think the key is to be gentle with yourself, especially with a new baby!

Best wishes!
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:38 pm

True. I did my BMI and it definitely is NOT "underweight". I guess I take after my mom and didn't know it - she's been thinner than me for a while and her cheeks go in, too. So I guess I'll just eat like normal - when I try to gain weight, I tend to reach for sweets and stuff. And even if you're thin, it's not good to overload on sugar.

But something that sucks is I finally bought new work pants at NY And Co while I was 133ish. My mom said "if you lose another 5 lbs, you could be the next size down." And she was right! I FINALLY bought pants that fit and now they don't. Ugh. The reason I say this is I got down to 130sh last year and walked around in overly baggy pants for a year!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:06 am

Congratulations, Nichole! What a beautiful baby she is.

Look after yourself, too.

Very best wishes.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 pm

I am up a lb at 128, but that is fine w/me.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Snack 1: Cheese
Lunch: Turkey burger, no bun and veggies and rice
Snack 2: Yogurt
Snack 3: Bagel Thin
Dinner: Chicken ravioli tossed in EVOO and salad

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I'm glad to see that everything is going well for you. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi Nicole,

Glad everything is going well, I know you had even more to be thankful for this year. :wink:
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi everyone, haven't forgotten about you..!

The baby is doing really well and so am I. I'm about 125-126 lbs now. I monitor my weight every day. I'm trying to get out of the bad habit of sweets-eating, which carried over from December 24 til now.... Working on it! I try to exercise 5 days a week. I shoot for 30, but if I'm interrupted, then at least I got something, right? I try to eat 1,800 cals a day, but I tend to eat a little more because I'll still be hungry. I'm breastfeeding, so technically I need more than that, but it's good to have a number to shoot for so I don't "go crazy."

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 am

I'm glad you and the baby are doing well. Yes, you need more calories while breast feeding. I don't remember the exact amount of calories you need, but I think your 1800 a day target is good.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 am

So glad to hear everything has been going well, Nicole. Sounds like you are doing great. :wink:
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks guys! Things are still doing well. Holding steady at 125. I've combated my sweet tooth by making sure I eat well and don't get too hungry. I still average about a cookie a day, but I'm working on it lol. It hasn't affect my weight, though.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Also, the cruel reality that I'll be lugging my pump to work for AT LEAST another seven months hit me the other day. Ah, well. :roll:

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:18 pm

The sweet tooth is hard, that's for sure. A cookie a day is pretty good!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Currently checking in on the main page.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Sometimes I wonder: When I'm done with breastfeeding, should I consciously try to stay this thin? Or should I cut back just a little bit and go up a few lbs? I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Nicole, your body might adjust on its own a bit after you quit breast feeding, if not I would just play it by ear. If you have plenty of energy and don't look too thin, just keep eating the way you are :wink:

You are doing so great, I can remember reading your thread from the very, very beginning. This is a true journal for you, going back to before you got married and everything.
Berry