Neptunus's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Neptunus

Neptunus's daily check-in

Post by Neptunus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:44 pm

So, here I am! I actually started this on friday, but I didn't think to check out the forum 'till now.

I don't have a weight problem, but I do snack a bit more than I should, and I have a feeling that this'll be ideal to help reduce my sugar-addiction.

Well, friday was a Success! No sugary stuff at all, even with the temptation of fresh licorice in the cupboard! On saturday and sunday, I kept my snacking and sweets to a minimum, and that's quite excellent.

Thanks for the great work, Reinhard! The HabitCal is really quite good, I appreciate your work.

Even though I started on the third, I'm entering the Personal Mount Olympus, although I will count that as a bronze (that is, if I don't screw up, this month!).
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Neptunus,

Welcome and Cool Name 8)

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks, and thanks! :]

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Well, monday passed with no slip-ups. I did feel some very compelling urges to have some licorice (damn that stuff, it was on the living room table, top), but I swatted 'em away.

That is to say: Success!