Burgher Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Burgher

Burgher Daily Check In

Post by Burgher » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 am

Monday, Oct 13 it my first day on No S.
I ate Egg Beaters with Salsa on top for breakfast along with coffee and tomato juice. Lunch was at a Buffet and I had a small salad, with balsamic and oil dressing , chicken breast, green beens and a slice of vegie thin crust pizza. Supper I had a bowl of Fiber One and Kashi Go Lean mixed with a banana and milk on top. After that I had a sugar free fudgecicle for 40 calories. This is something I have every night after my dinner. I think it is something I have to stop since it has artificial sweetners in it or just save them for my S days. I missed eating grapes later in the evening. Also I am wondering when it is OK to have a drink. Normally on Friday we have a couple of cocktails but I guess now I have to wait until Saturday for that ritual.
I think I can do this.
Last edited by Burgher on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:37 am

Welcome Burgher...

It's nice to see you check in on your first day. There's a ton of information here on the forum and you'll find a great deal of support, as well.

If you haven't read the book yet, I'd highly recommend it. For such a small book, it's got a lot of truth in it. It really helped me get a firm grip on the "why"s to this plan.

As for a drink on Fridays, as far as I've read, those are absolutely allowed during the week in moderation.

Again, welcome...hope to see you around here often.

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Burgher

Janie, Thank you

Post by Burgher » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you for the welcome. You're sure right about a ton of information. I am progressing slowly and trying to figure it all out. I messed today by having a Green Tea drink with sugar in it for my lunch but I did pass up a favorite dessert of chocolate macaroons. Sweet Tea. Drat. The only thing I am doing right so far is not eating between meals. Good to know about the drinks. But I can see that can be a problem because you can't have any snacks with them. Drat...Except for the S days. I enjoyed reading all your logs since you started. I love how you say how many days you have succeeded and going for another. Good for you.

Marie

Burgher

Tuesday

Post by Burgher » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 am

I have been eating the South Beach Diet way since 2003. I lost 30 lbs and stayed there for 3 years, gained 10 and stayed there 2 years. It just doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I did lose inches and sizes which is strange to me. when the scale didn't move. Anyway I have been looking for something different for a couple of years and I think this may be the one I can do.
Today
I had 15 Grain wheat bread toast with natural peanut butter and a mashed banana, tomato juice and coffee for breadfast.
For lunch we met with friends and I had a hambugher, pickled vegetables and a bottle of green tea. Passed on the chocolate macaroons which are a special at the cafe. I thought of taking one home for Saturday but didn't.
Supper was Fiberone, Kashi Go Lean and blueberries with 1% milk.

Didn't miss the snack tonight as much as I did last night.
Still have to get some exercise besides a short walk in the morning when I walk my grandson to school. Also I was supposed to do my dumbbells but didn't do that either. No excuse. Just a slug
Marie

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 am

Hi again Marie,

Thanks for your comment on my check-in blog thing. I still don't know what to call it!

This really is such a great plan. For a lot of people, it's a ralther slow process, but one that works for a lifetime...that's what I'm banking on. I really want to stop thinking about dieting and food issues and just be a normal, healthy person. This the only plan I've ever found that seems to work from the inside out. Perhaps it's slower because it works on my eating instincts instead of telling me what to eat or not to eat. As a result, I stop thinking so much about food and just plain learn to eat what I need and walk away from what I don't...what a concept!

Anyway....didn't mean to blab....hang in there...these first few weeks are the hardest and you're doing great!

janie

Burgher

Day three

Post by Burgher » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 am

I think I did good today except I wanted a yogurt so ate it with my lunch. I don't know if that is ok but it wasn't a snack. Tonight my husband was eating grapes while watching the debate and that was difficult for me.
Today, I ate eggs for breakfast, cereal and banana and yogurt for lunch and a cheese omelet with kidney beans for supper.

Burgher

Day 4

Post by Burgher » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:35 am

I'm really missing snacks. I am surprised at the licks and tastes that I used to take. Like cutting up an apple for grandson and eating a couple of slices and taking a couple of grapes etc. Today we shopped at Sams and didn't take any samples. Yesterday we did Costco and the same thing.
I know that it is just a habit and I am working on a new habit.

Today for breakfast I had a 15 grain bread with Natural peanut butter and a mashed banana and a handful of grapes left over from my DH's snack last night, tomato juice and coffee. Every morning tomato juice and coffee.
Lunch was a hamburger without the bun and a couple of french fries and two onion rings.
Dinner was cereal and blueberries and milk.
Still need to add exercise to the mix.

Burgher

Day 5

Post by Burgher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:54 am

Oh Drat, I previewed my post and forgot to submit it before moving on and lost it. On well this is what I wrote. It takes me awhile to navigate to where I am supposed to be on this site.
How simple is this way of eating.......It's just too simple. Another "S" for simple.
Three meals and not snacks. How easy.
This is sort of like the South Beach Diet because they don't weigh or count calories. Just eat right and your clothes will fit looser.
So today I had an Egg Started Omelet with Salsa on top and a handful of left over grapes from DH's snack last night.
Lunch was at our favorite Friday Italian Buffet. I had a small salad and baked fish, corn and macaroni and a slice of thin crust mushroom pizza. I got it all but the salad on my plate with room to spare.
For dinner it was cereal and a banana.
I think today was successful.

Burgher

My S Days

Post by Burgher » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 pm

My S days have been going quite well. I didn't post last night so I am doing a twofer and both days today.
We ate at our favorite Italian Restaurant on Sat which we do just about every Saturday. Had Chicken Parm with spaghetti, vegetable soup and some crust off the Garlic Bread loaf.
Had my toast breakfast and cereal supper. Had two coctails and some pretzels with them. I ate some grapes and a organic yogurt for my snacks.
Today, is our at home day. I had my toast and cereal for breakfast and lunch and a yogurt and for supper we are having breaded fried chicken tenders with a salad and vegetable. Probably Succotash. I have eaten a small bunch of grapes. Will write later if anything is different. Gotta exercise. I don't mean today but someday......I used to have such a habit and never missed. Just have to get that habit back. Tomorrow ok?

Burgher

One week today

Post by Burgher » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 am

I had to keep reminding myself not to snack but otherwise it was a good day. For some reason I feel very bloated today and I don't know why. I think I could eat less so maybe I should try that. Less cereal, less egg, less food for dinner. Another day without exercise except for walking grandson to school. That is about 10 minutes total. My dumbbells are calling me, I can hear them.

Burgher

8th day

Post by Burgher » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:38 am

What is wrong with me. This is the second time I have lost my message after previewing it. I did it to myself and can't find it anywhere. Must be very careful after previewing. Oh, well here I go again.
Was good today except for the exercising. I guess I really don't want to be healthy and thin. At least not enough. I have to get my mind in that "right place" I did it before when I made up my mind that I wanted to live longer and be healthy. Gotta get my mind in that place again. Easier said than done.
I went to the doctor today and that went well, I will know better when she gets my tests back. Doctors don't seem to tell you that you are obese and need to lose weight anymore. At least they don't tell me. I think they know that I know so what's the point. She is not skinny but she is not fat either. She is where I want to be.
I would like to lose 20 or 30 lbs but right now I would like to lose 10. I have lost three so that is not too bad for a week. Five would be good.
Today I ate my usual boring food. Eggs, juice, coffee, cereal, milk, banana, meatloaf, salad, and baked beans. I bet if I would exercise I could lose 10 by my 4th week on Nos. Hmm. Maybe tomorrow. I am not going to preview this.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:43 pm

You're doing great!!!!

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:53 am

Tonight we went out to supper with friends to a Japanese Place. I ate quite a lot but it all would fit on my plate except for the soup which was a clear broth with a couple of mushrooms floating on top.
Had a back ache all day and couldn't figure out why. I thought of everything I had done and if I had done anything new. Finally it dawned on me that I had reclined the sofa last night while was knitting. I never do that but that must have been it. Did some back exercises which I am supposed to be doing anyway to see if I can make it better.
Today was a good day except that I know that I ate too much at supper but I didn't have seconds (lol) and ate my peanut butter and banana toast for breakfast and cereal for lunch with blueberries on top.

Wonder why I can't do the emoticons and my HTML is off. Am I bad?

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:36 am

Today we ate lunch at Atrias. What we like to do is share an appetizer of Nachos with shredded beef on top, tomatoes, cheese, hot peppers. Lots of calories I am sure but we do share it and it's all we have along with a glass of lemon water. No doubt not the best thing to eat for losing weight but very tasty. Breakfast was natural peanut butter on 15 grain whole wheat bread with a mashed banana, juice, coffee and for supper we had cereal with blueberries.
Hurt my back. Sciatic pain. Hope it gets better on it's own. Have started doing my back exercises that I am supposed to do all the time anyway.
Did it by sitting on the recliner and knitting. I know that the recliner is not the best thing for my back but it seemed ok. Next morning I knew that it wasn't. Grands and their parents left for and are in Niagra tonight to see the falls for the next three days. They wanted us to go with them but it's too cold up there for me and besides we didn't want to put the dog in a kennel.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Marie...

Just saw your note on my check-in...it's always encouraging to know someone is there cheering you one...thanks for posting!

This is certainly not an easy journey, but we're going to be the "After" pictures! We really are!

Have a great day, Marie....

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:32 am

Success today and my back is killing me. I know that I have to be careful so why wasn't I. Hope I learned my lesson.
Today is Friday so it was the day we eat at Monte Cello for the lunch buffet. Had baked fish florentine, broccoli and carrots, salad and some cabbage that had been on stuffed cabbage and fallen off. I love cabbage, cooked or raw.
Breakfast toast with peanut butter, banana and cereal for supper.

Maybe the administrator will allow me emoticons and HTML after I get my 21 days in. My bad???

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:18 am

S for Saturday. Hooray. ate grapes for my snacks and had two orange juice and vodkas with some pretzels. Ate at our fav Italian Rest that we eat at every Saturday and had chicken scallopini with linguini and Wedding soup. Breakfast was a Egg Start (Kirkland) omelet with salsa and 2% shredded cheese on top. Supper was cereal with blueberries.
Back hurting more. I'm holding off on Advil as long as I can. Tried a hot water bottle for awhile and that helped as did my shower. Also did my back exercises and they didn't help at all. Think I will check on the internet and see what others have to say.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:18 am

S for Sunday......Peanut butter toast and mashed banana, tomato juice, coffee with milk, Tomato soup and salmon with two crackers for lunch and chicken tenders, green beans and salad for supper. Two no sugar added fudgecycles for dessert. Ate lots of grapes between meals. They are so sweet right now and only 99 cents a pound so as long as they are that cheap and sweet DH will keep buying them. Tomorrow he will have them all to himself unless I place a few on my plate with my meatl.

Now my back pain has switched sides. From left to right. What the heck is that?

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:55 am

Monday, It actually felt good to be restricted today to no eating between meals. Have to be careful tho. With grapes sitting around I have to keep reminding myself not to touch.
Egg Starts and salsa, tomato juice, coffee for breakfast
cereal, banana, milk and yogurt for lunch
supper was a cheese omelet with kidney beans and a sugar free fudgecicle for dessert. It fit on my plate and is only 80 calories and I love them.
That's it and I am not hungary.
Taking Advil. just can't take the pain. It comes and goes. I think sitting on the exercise ball at my computer helps. I have been sitting like that for about 2 years. Grand kids bounce but I sit.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 am

I'm so sorry your back is hurting you! Have you gone to the dr. about it? I've had back problems off & on for years & finally had such a back episode in March that I ended up off my feet for about a week. It was awful! But I ended up going to physical therapy for it and that was tremendous. I haven't had a pain since. I do hope it will let up for you soon...

I understand your words..."It actually felt good to be restricted today to no eating between meals." What a true statement! In it's own weird way thiis plan is addicting, isn't it? I'm relieved to start again every Monday morning.

I hope your back is better today...

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Janie, Thanks for caring. I hurt my back in the early 80's and had an operation for a herniated disk, simply because I couldn't take the time off from work for bed rest which they used to recommend. Now they tell you to keep moving. Every once in a while I get the back problem or knee problems (old age and arthritis I guess) and have been to therapy and it does do the trick. I'm hoping I can do it myself this time by doing some of the exercises and stretches that I did in therapy. I did this myself. I know better than to sit in one position for a long time and that is what I did. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I think I just mentioned it on my forum because it is an excuse for my not exercising. My bad, because I was just saying to myself that it has been a long time since I have had pain.
You did it on Monday so you can do it on Tuesday. Love it.....
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:04 am

Success again,

Egg starts with salsa, juice,coffee for breakfast with 15 grapes.
Chinese for lunch with friends. Hunan shrimp with rice (only ate about 1/4 cup of rice) Wonton Soup (only ate the wontons and not the soup and they would have fit on my plate) and tea. No splendar in tea. Trying to get off splendar
Dinner or supper was Costco Tomato Basil soup and about 1/2 can of Kirkland salmon and two crackers. 10 grapes

Back feels better today.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 am

Hi Marie...

How's your back today? Any better?

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:58 pm

I forgot to post yesterday. By the time I remembered it was after midnight so I just went to bed. Fell asleep, woke up in a hour and couldn't go back to sleep. Happens quite often. Had to make a choice. Advil, Tylenol, or wine. Hmmm. Chose two glasses of wine and went back to bed. I think that is allowed. 2 drinks a day.
Yesterday breakfast I had peanutbutterbananatoast, juice, coffee and we met a good friend from out of town for lunch. Had a huge wonderful fish sandwich. Didn't eat the bun but did eat most of the batter crust, cole slaw and 2 or 3 FF, water with lemon.
Dinner was cereal, milk.
My back is better every day. Thanks for asking Janie. I am taking it easy tho. Walking but not too much not that I have walked a lot lately anyway.
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:31 am

Ate in all day today. Too much work to do around the house.
Peanutbutterbananatoast, juice,coffee, grapes for breakfast
Lunch was cereal, blueberries, milk and a TLC bar which I didn't need to eat but I have to get rid of them. DH doesn't like them and I woud eat one alone with cereal but there is not enough fiber in it for my needs.
Dinner was shrimp sauteed in garlic butter, broccoli and salad and grapes. I feel as tho I ate to much today.
Back is almost normal. Yay
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:29 am

Friday, Halloween was a good day. Made up 70 some bags of assorted candy bars for the kids and only gave out 40 some. It was a really warm night for Oct in Pittsburgh and there seemed like a lot of kids out but not enough. Next year we will only make up 50 and hope that we don't have to turn our light out early. Last year was the same so I guess that there just aren't as many kids in our neighborhood as their used to be. I remember giving out more than 100 candy bars.. We will do the same with our left overs that we did last year and that was to pass them out to various people for the next few weeks such as the demo ladies at Sams and anyone we come across that we think would like candy. Also the Womens Shelter takes them. I wasn't tempted to eat any of it. Had two drinks while watching Bill Maher and then it was after midnight so had some pretzels. That was my S day snack because today is Saturday and I have not eaten any snacks yet.
Today Saturday ate good. For some reason I feel stuffed, don't know if that is bad or good. Strange today that I forgot I could eat snacks. Just not hungry today.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:58 am

Today was a successful Sunday. Lazed around the house watching the Sunday Morning Show, the news politicos, and Football.
Ate grapes for my snack and had a yogurt and 2 no sugar added fudgecicles. Back to the S plan tomorrow.
Off to read my No S book.
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 am

Monday Tuesday, I be good because I didn't eat between meals and I didn't eat sweets and I didn't snack. Yay me. Still reading the book and glad I got it.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 am

It was a good day today. Spring in November, it was so warm out. High sixties I think. Had lunch at Cracker Barrel and I had their Country fried steak, carrots, broccoli, green beans. It all fit on the plate and I ate it and it was a lot. I was reading in the book today not to eat too much and I did that for lunch. I will get the diet yet. One of these days. Don't eat too much.....and move

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Yeah! You're not only doing really well, it sounds as if your back is better....both are terrific!

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 am

Thanks for your encouragement Janie. You are doing very well yourself and I do check it on you every day.

I quit using my scale weekly. I had put it away when I did South Beach but dragged it out again after I gained 10 lbs. Now I put it away again. I can see that this is a slow diet and I don't want to get discouraged by a poor or no loss.
Guess I better post my menu again.
Breadfast, Egg Starts with salsa and a TLC bar, tomato juice, coffee
Lunch, cereal, banana, milk, grapes
Dinner was a cheese omelet with Kidney Beans on the side.
Still didn't do any exercise. No bragging about that.

Burgher

day 27

Post by Burgher » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:32 am

I checked today to see just how long I have been doing S and today was day 27. Guess I can check into the 21 day forum and see what is going on now that I have my 21 days in.
I could snack today but I forgot to. I had some pretzels after midnight yesterday with my drink so that was my snack. I think that is so funny because all week I was kind of wishing I could take take a bite of food when it was not a meal. Like when I cut up an apple and cheese for grandson. I used to eat a little while I was preparing it and I miss that bite or when making a salad, taking a bite of cucumber. Silly stuff that I have to keep reminding myself not to do.
Breakfast I ate whole grain wheat bread with peanutbutterbanana, juice, coffee and milk.
Late lunch was chicken parmesan with wedding soup and pasta at our fav restaurant.
Dinner was cereal blueberries and milk and two fudgcicles for dessert.
I guess I am getting the no eating between meals habit.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:00 am

Today was our stay home day. Watched the Sunday Morning show on CBS and then football for the rest of the day.

Breakfast was my peanutbutterbanana toast etc
Lunch was cereal, blueberries, milk, yogurt
Dinner was lean Ground mini meat loafs which we will be having again tomorrow night and spaghettios and a salad. No sugar added Fudgcicles for dessert. Had two orange juice with vodka and pretzels while watching football.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:44 am

Today was a success day. Wanted to eat between meals tho. I think because I did yesterday and it was harder to not do it today and we
ate in. DH didn't want the left over meat patties so I guess they are mine to eat. Today we tried the frozen country fried steaks they sell at Sams and they are pretty good. They seem to be popular so thought we would try them. Not exactly diet food and not nearly as good as Cracker Barrels but something different.
Eggs for breakfast, soup and tuna for lunch. DH was eating black grapes while watching Boston Legal and that was when I was wanting to eat between meals. That's ok because I will eat them with my breakfast tomorrow. Maybe a meat patty and grapes. Yummo

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 am

Marie,

Big Boston Legal fan here :D We just finished watching Season 4 on DVD.

Congratulations on the 21 Day Club,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:59 am

Success (pretend that is green) Tuesday is when we meet our old friends for lunch. They chose a place that I had heard was not very good anymore and what I heard was right. On well, now we know never go back. Soon they will be belly up and wonder why. Can't charge big prices for bad food and bad presentation.
For breakfast I had the left over patty with a scrambled egg and some grapes, juice, coffee and milk.
Lunch was pasta with marinara sauce and dinner was Progresso chicken soup and some more grapes.
Das be it. Another day being good and bad. Good for my eating and bad for my not exercising.
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:05 am

Today was good. Ate successfully. Today was bad. didn't exercise yet. I know what the problem is: It's that I used to exercise from 4 to 5 when DH took his daily nap. But now I have to pick up grandson from school and take grand daughter to Swimming. She is on a swim team and swims 6 days a week for two hours. This cuts into my exercise and I am too stupid to know that I have to pick another time. I am not discouraged because I know that one of these days I will get smart and start a habit of exercise at a new time. I also know that at my age I need all the healthy help I can get to stat that way. Geez.
Anyway, I ate cereal and a banana for breakfast and an Omelet for lunch (out) with hash browns and one slice of wheat bread and for dinner I had cereal again. I needed it.

blueskighs, I triple love Boston Legal and I am so sorry this is their last year. Wish more people would watch it and learn. It's silly but relavent. Do you belong to Netflix? We watch lots of series on their DBDs such as 24 and Bones to name a couple. I started to read your blog and I will get back to it tomorrow. So fun.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:54 am

Today I ate too much. I didn't eat between meals but I ate too much at my meals and I knew it because I was full half way thru but I just kept eating. Gotta stop that if I want to lose weight.
Breakfast was eggs and salsa, juice coffee and milk
Lunch was our favorite Italian Rest because we can't go there on Saturday due to grand kids duty. Grand daughter is in a swim meet all day Saturday and Sunday which my daughter will attend. We will have to take grandson to swimming lessons and to a birthday party and pick him up after so no time to eat out and we don't mind.
Had Chicken parm with pasta and wedding soup. (that was too much) I figured that the soup cup would fit on my plate. That is stinking thinking isn't it? Have to re-read the soup part in my book.
Dinner was cereal bananas blueberries and milk.

BUT I didn't eat between meals. so it this a failure or an S day?

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 am

Marie,

had no idea this is their last year ... so sad :cry: I could say I triple love it too. I think the writing is pretty brilliant and the acting is great.

Yes we belong to netflix and we are in the middle of watching Bones now to get ready for release of season 3 :D I love netflix and watching tv shows on DVD ... we haven't tried 24 yet!

Blue

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Where does the time go? My last posting was on Thursday Night but it looked like Friday. I think the time is confused because of daylight saving time on and off. Anyway. Friday I was successful with my eating and today is Saturday and I have been having a good day so far. Some snacks but not too much. Grapes which we still are buying because they are so cheap. I have stayed away from sugary stuff like candy or cookies. Even quit putting Splenda in my iced tea. We are thinking of just quiting the tea and get water with lemon every time we eat out. Besides being good for us it is free. So my snacks have been pretzel nuggets and grapes.
Today was good. Ate a very late lunch due to grand son's swimming lessons etc. So we combined it and called it dinnerlunch. What is the late equivalent of brunch? I expect to have a couple of drinks tonight while watching some episodes of Hustle on the DVD and knitting.

Blueskighs, Have you watched any Hustles? It's British but good if you like The Sting.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:49 am

Marie,

have not even heard of Hustles? good huh? Brit? We tried one Brit series but it wasn't that one, I'll check it out. I think I mentioned we are "glutting" on Bones right now .... season 3 comes out tuesday and we are catching up ... rewatching cause it was so long ago we watched first two seasons.

Glad you are doing well,

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 am

Sunday, Crossword puzzles and football. Steelers won but just barely. Ha we are in the record book now for the first score of 10 for loser and 11 for the winner (us) Missed lunch today because we had to go to a funeral home quite far away and got caught in so much traffic and tie ups that we couldn't take time to eat lunch and get home in time for the football game. I made up for it with snacks. Grapes of course and pretzels and a yogurt. Think I am going to buy just plain yogurt next time and flavor it myself. Once upon a time I made my own with a handy dandy yogurt maker I got with green stamps. Hah.
Breakfast was peanutbutterbanana wheat grain bread, juice, coffee, milk. Dinner was chicken breast half, breaded and baked, succotash and salad and two no sugar fudgecicles.
It was a good N day except for exercise.

Blueskighs, I have season 3 of Bones in my Queue waiting for it to be released. I wonder how long it will be for us to get any of them. We are bad tho because we have been DVRing season 4 and watching them so we are ahead of ourselves. Some people are missing and it took awhile for us to know where they and now we don't know how they got there.
Loved Rescue Me. Have you seen any of them? After Hustle I am going to get Mad Men. Heard lots of good things about that show and it's finally off the long wait list

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:37 am

a handy dandy yogurt maker I got with green stamps. Hah.
Wow! I remember green stamps! :D

We have Bones season 3 in our queue too! I figure it will be a few weeks but we are just getting to end of season 1 so hopefully it will sync up fairly close. We have refrained from watching season 4, even though we see it pop up on the tv every now and then. Is Love Rescued Me a Bones episode or a show? That is so funny, we have added Mad Men to our cue too. I havent' checked but for the longet time it was long wait :wink: we have tons of movies in our queue cause we have gotten so side tracked with series!

we finally got caught up with House which we now tape and we are watching that new one Fringe.... I also watch Starter Wife ... it is actually much cuter and more clever than I thought it would be. I used to never watch TV but between DVDs and DVR it is actually enjoyable when the writing and acting is so good!

Blueskighs

Burgher

Monday

Post by Burgher » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:12 am

It's so darn cold today and snowy and cold and gray and cold. I knew it was just a matter of time before we got winter weather but it's still hard to take. We have had marvelous weather all fall.
That's my weather report and the refs are in trouble for bad game calling with our Steelers. I think if they would fine the refs like they do the players, they wouldn't make as many mistakes as they do. This one cost lots of people lots of money so maybe now it will change.
Today for breakfast I had Egg starts with some low fat cheese and salsa on top,juice, coffee,milk.
Lunch was cereal and banana and milk and a yogurt.
Dinner was Country Fried Steak with broccoli, mashed potatoes a spoon of white gravy and a small salad. It would have fit on the plate but because of the dressing I put the salad on a seperate dish.
My menu is so boring and always the same so I think I should just say it was a green day and be done with it. I should just concentrate on eating less at my meals and remember that I want to lose weight so not eat mashed potatoes and white gravy.

Blueskighs, I DVR'd Bones 4 to watch after we watched season 3 but DH couldn't wait and I had to watch too. Just had to. lol I have a really full DVR and we are getting FIOS Dec 5 from Dish and I will lose everything I have on there. I am so far behind watching shows. We DVR most everything to cut out the commercials, even Boston Legal. We start watching after it's on 10 minutes and cut the commercials and end up on time. Mad Men is available now and so is Thomas Jefferson. Both of them were available but after they won so many awards they both had long waits. We are watching Season 4 of Hustle now and it only has two Discs per season so they go fast.
Rescue Me is a show about NY Firemen with Denis Leary. We really liked it. It's funny and sad at the same time. They lost a season because of the strike and they won't be on again until after the new year or later. We like watching all these TV shows because they are better than a lot of the movies. I just watched Sex in the City while DH read a book altho I think he would have liked it. I never watched Sex in City much when they were on TV. If I get them I will have to watch alone. I try and get shows he likes, even tho I would never get them for myself such as OZ and Deadwood, The Wire and The Shield. All good but more manly shows. It's ok if we talk off diet on this forum isn't it? Hope so.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:19 am

Marie,

I think its ok if we slip off on occasion and discuss other things! I used to not ever watch tv, I used to not even have one for years. But have to admit I love DVR and netflix - so cool they have tv series DVD. THat is what has happened to me, I am just enjoying these shows better than movies. SO fun for right now.

Now I know I have heard of Rescue Me, bittersweet, huh? That is funny you have jumped ahead some with Bones. I think if we had taped it my husband would have not been able to wait either. It is his favorite!

I have stopped putting down what I eat on my daily thread cause most days - N days - well even some S days with minor variations I am eating a lot of the same stuff. Ah well, it's stuff I like ....

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:13 am

Tuesday, lunch day with our friends. Mel asked me how I am doing with my new diet and I had to tell her that I had lost only three pounds last time I weighed but I put my scale out of sight so I don't know. I'm pretty sure that the scale is stuck at the same place it was when I last weighed. I'm doing as I did on the South Beach Diet and just waiting for my clothes to get looser.
What I ate today is not exactly diet food. hah.
Breakfast was toast with PB and banana etc
Lunch was chicken pot pie. I didn't eat the crust and tried not to eat much sauce, only what stuck to the filling. I really should have had the salad.
Dinner was cereal.

Blueskighs, I notice that you eat very healthy. Does your husband eat what you do? When I was on the Beach I quit eating white stuff and husband had his bread and I had mine but he switched and I know he enjoys the wheat bread with 15 grains now. I have been eating white stuff on the S diet and I think I should cut it out again. I just don't think it is good for you except on occasion.
I wonder how the bread in the S book is? Have you tried it? I have to check on the internet where it is sold so I can check it out.

I had DVR'd the Starter Wife and last night watched the first episone (2 Hrs) and tried to watch the second but fell asleep. It's pretty funny and I like Debra Messing. I hope it is a hit for her.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Marie,

Thanks for dropping in to my check-in...you wrote....

Janie, I agree that it is the most wonderful ''proud of me day" when it comes to the end and you have eaten the S way "all the way". There should be another color on the calendar for the really really successful days.
Keep on keeping on,
Marie

I think extra-successful days should be magenta or bright purple...something really wonderful. Those days are the best...they make this adventure so much less of a burden and more of a conquest.

We're going to succeed...I just know it!

Have a great day Marie....janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Thursday. I didn't post or even get on the internet due to trying to download the Anti Virus program from FIOS prior to them installing the FIOS bundle. I was on the phone from 3 until 8 with various agents. It's still not on so I downloaded AVG free just so I have some protection.
Other than that I had a good day eating wise. Hate the thoughts of calling Verizon again. It's my computer because it went into DH very well. Times like this I wish I had a head set so I could be hands free while waiting and waiting for someone that knows what they are doing.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:26 am

Marie,

I do eat kind of "healthy" :oops: but its what I enjoy these days and my husband eats very much but not exactly as me ... although we both go for "real whole grain breads" brown rice ... etc. Eating really does affect the way I feel emotionally and function mentally, fresh unprocessed whole foods seem to do the best in my body. And I am so grateful my husband enjoys the healthy stuff too ... definitely makes meal time much simpler ....

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:31 am

Shopping today at Costco and Sams and lunch was at Costco . Can't beat their 1.50 hot dog with drink, got sauerkraut on the side. DH got the frozen yogurt which we usually share but I didn't. This is about the third time that I didn't . (not that I am counting). I can do the three S's with no problem Good thing E for exercise is not part of the HabitCal.
This is the firt time I ate their hot dog bun too. Usually I just have the weiner with sauerkraut. Gads it was good. Their weiners are National Hebrew Kosher so they are excellant for weiners.
Dinner was sauteed shrimp with green beans and salad and Breakfast was a Kashi TLC bar with coffee, juice and milk.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:32 am

Gads it was good.
Those are the BEST meals!

Blue

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:08 pm

There is nothing like a wonderful hot dog once in awhile, is there? We lived in Chicago & I craved Portillos hot dogs while I was pregnant with our oldest son. We'd go there every Thursday before Lamaze class. We moved from there 17 years ago & one Valentine's Day I received a box...from Portillos. It had a hot dog dinner for 6, complete with a paper hat & bibs. It was fabulous! I was probably the only woman who got a box of hot dogs for Valentine's Day...and I loved it!

Have a great day Marie!

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:02 am

Friday Nov 21 was a good day. Snowy and blowly and cold but otherwise a good day. Had two drinks in the evening and a few pretzels after midnight which I could have done without but ate them anyway.

Saturday today and I can snack but so far I haven't except for the pretzels after midnight last night. We have some really good Gala apples that I keep forgetting to eat with my meals and I thought I would eat one or two today but I forgot to do that too. It's 11PM now so I can still snack and I just might.
I was reading the S site and think maybe if I made myself a habitcal for exercise I might just do it. It works for me doing the S's. I'm going to read some of the postings and see what others are doing.

Janie, what a nice and unusual Valentine present you got. I never had A Portillo dog in Chicago but I remember when I was a kid and we visited relatives there, they would take us to a corner vender and I would get the works on the dog and they were fabulous. I thought it was great that they came from a vender too. First time I ever saw chilli on a dog. We lived in Boston at the time.
Last edited by Burgher on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:44 am

I'm on page two....I don't know what day it is for me off hand. I'll have to keep track like Blue and Janie and probably lots of others.
I had a good yellow day today. My snack was an apple with 2 slices of Cracker Barrel Chedder Cheese and my seconds were another helping of Broccoli and another piece of chicken tender. Last night after I posted I had two drinks and some pretzels.
Exercise tomorrow. At least I am going to do my dumbbells and hopefully something cardio.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Marie...

Thanks for popping in on my check-in. I take my two yellow days on Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday because we have friends who come over almost every Friday night. I'd rather feel the freedom to enjoy dinner & dessert with them than struggle during that meal. This week it was Friday & Sunday...and I enjoyed both days.

Some people never change their yellow days from Saturday & Sunday & that works for them....I just enjoy the flexibility & that helps me stay on track.

Have a great day Marie...you're doing great!!!!

janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 am

It's Monday and was a good day. No snacks. I'm amazed at how I don't miss the snacks. I never would have thought it. The best thing I did today was my weights. AT LAST. Now I have to do my cardio. I'll see what happens tomorrow on my cardio day. It's not going to be a good weather day tomorrow so I will have to do something inside. Either Leslie walking tape or my bike. yay me..

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:34 am

Burgher,

I did my weights today too! YAY US!

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:46 am

Busy busy busy getting ready for the big turkey day. Shopping and cleaning and more shopping.
It's going to be my S day instead of Saturday.
I have been true to No S but not too true to my exercise. I did Monday but not today. Too busy. I really meant to. Same with the cardio I was supposed to start. I think I set myself up to fail by deciding to to do it this week. Next week will be better I think, I hope.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:33 am

Thanksgiving went well. I ate everything I wanted to and it was a very pleasant day. It was DH's 80th birthday so we had Thanksgiving desserts and also birthday cake. No one wanted the cake so we shouldn't have bothered but it was his b day and you have to have a cake for candles and singing etc.
Friday was a bit of a challenge but I decided to make it a green day and it was. It was difficult having left over pumpkin pie around and not eat it but I will eat some tomorrow Saturday so knowing that helped.
Saturday is also a surprise birthday party at my daughters for DH. Lots of people he will be surprised to see. We are pretending that we are just going over there for a steak dinner with our son and daughter and another birthday cake. So for sure tomorrow will be an S day.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:32 pm

It was difficult having left over pumpkin pie around and not eat it but I will eat some tomorrow Saturday so knowing that helped.
Marie,

hear!hear! I went through the exact same thing and YAY US for keeping our Friday green and boy that "guilt-free" pumpkin pie was good this morning for breakfast!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Hope your husbands Birthday was great for him and the whole fam, as well as your Son in Laws surprise party.
Good for you!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 am

blueskighs, I didn't pass the pumpkin pie test today. Just one slice left and altho it was Sunday and I could have it, I went all day green until I was making supper and kept moving it around in the fridge and finally put whipped cream on it and ate it. It was heavenly and done.
So just because of that I had to make this a yellow day. Sweet and snack.

Debs, I didn't word my posting right. It was another party for MY DH at daughters and son in laws house. Daughter and son (who helped) wanted to make it a real special day since it was DH's big 80th birthday and it fell on Thanksgiving. She did a wonderful job of orchestrating it (having people park on the next street) and reminding our 8 year old grandson not to tell the secret when he was here almost every day. DH was really surprised and it was a wonderful night. I'm so glad it was a Saturday and I could eat and drink without guilt too.
Thank you for your good wishes.

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 am

I can't believe that I haven't posted all week. Last post was late Sunday night and here it is Thursday night. I have been green all week. But I have been loading my plate. No need for seconds when I have piles of food on my plate. It's all good but still too much. I'll never lose weight that way.
DH is glad that I am doing NoS. He likes that I am eating everything and not skipping food. He just doesn't get that I can't eat between meals.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 am

Marie,

guess what .... we have Bones Season 3 Disc 1 at our home ... :D who was it that said "life's simple pleasures are the best"?

my husband loves NO S ... as far as the plate ... my plates were pretty full when I started, then I got to a point ... well I was just not getting hungry and then slowly I worked on one meal at a time bringing down mine portions ...

but SERIOUSLY

way to go on being GREEN all week!

Blueskighs

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi Marie...

How nice that your DH's birthday was well-celebrated! Sounds like it was a wonderful party.

Janie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:58 pm

The weekend went well. I did eat between meals yesterday and had sample food wa Costco and enjoyed myself but I wonder if it is worth it because today I kept wanting to eat something, anything between meals. Tomorrow I should be back to normal or as normal as I can be.

Blueskighs. We are watching Mad Men now and have disc 4 coming tomorrow and then we will get Bones 3. We already watched season 4 so it will be interesting to get some questions answered. The last Boston Legal is on tonight and it's a two hour show. I'm going to miss it. David Kelly said it was ABC's idea and not his because he wanted to do at least another year.
I'll be happy when I get to the place you are in and not want to eat so much. I really should fill my plate like it was a frozen dinner. They satisfy me and they are small portions.

Janie, what was great about DH birthday was that it was such a surprise to him and he really enjoyed it.
Marie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:36 am

Marie,

how do you like Mad Men?

don't worry too much about portions ... i didn't cut mine back until i started feeling full all the time ... it took about two weeks of that before i really "registered" that was what was going on and I started feeling uncomfortable, physcially. Then i slowly reduced one meal at a time ... like i would work on breakfast for a month or two. I really didn't ever reduce my portions cause I thought I should (although I did think I should many times :wink: ) I waited until phyiscally I almost NEEDED to reduce them just so I could feel comfortable throughout the day.

In the long run, I think that patience of not rushing myself has paid off well. Better to go slow in the beginnning and smell the roses along the way than rush and make it like another diet and feel frustrated!

It sounds like you are doing really good, g

Blueksighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:17 am

Today is Wednesday and for some reason I kept wanting to eat between my meals. I expect that on Monday but not on Wednesday. It wasn't that I was hungry, I just wanted to eat fruit or something, anything. But now it's 11PM and I made it.

Blueskighs, we decided to watch Mad Men after it won so may awards. It's about Madison Avenue Ad men in the 60's. You were probably a little girl then. The women wear tight girdles and pointed bras and every body smokes constantly and every where. I forgot how we used to do that. I also forgot about the pointed bosoms and lighting up everywhere.
Next is Dexter and then Bones or I might combine them.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:27 am

Marie,

it is true, I was a little girl in the sixties. So is it "maddening" to watch all that now or fun? I was disappointed with the opening of Bones Season 3, everyone was grumpy.

Glad you got through the day, I find that for whatever reason, every now and then, I JUST WANT TO EAT too, buy in the end, the day always seems to work out better if I don't!

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:44 pm

I have been checking in often but not taking the time to post. I guess that's because I am not doing anything new except for NO S.
I think I finally have my Christmas shopping done. This is late for me because I buy stuff all year for my family but just didn't see anything this past year that I was enthused about so I was still buying today.

Blue,
Mad Men does bring back memories of how things were then. The full skirt shirt waist dresses, poofy stiff teased hair, wild Xmas parties, stay at home moms. We finished the first season and the second season just finished on TV. I'm hoping they have re-runs of it after the first of the year so we can watch it on TV and not have to wait for Netflix.
Right now we are watching last season of Dexter and when that is done, we will get season three of bones.
I have been reading your posts and you are doing really well with your eating. I even started your blog from the beginning and I really enjoy reading it. You put into words what I am thinking a lot of the time
Marie
Why didn't I think of it?
It is So Simple. No S diet

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:51 am

It's great how I have lost the habit of snacking. Today is Saturday and I ate an apple and some pretzels tonight after dinner but I had to remind myself to eat them. I was perfectly happy and not hungry at the time but I have a hard time working apples into a meal during the week and they sit in the fridge getting old.
Marie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Marie,

for the most part I have been doing really good with my food but I had a REALLY gnarly S Day yesterday YUCK is about all I have to say about THAT!

Bones Season 3 got MUCH better, several big surprises at the end. We are packing it up and mailing it all in tomorrow, I am going to take a break from watching series for right now. We watch the Lord of the Rings for Christmas but other than that I am getting a bit TVd out. I get like this and deleted a lot of my shows from the DVR.

Pretzel and apples actually sounds a LOT more appetizing than what I got into yesterday :D

Blueskighs

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:58 am

Friday night: Took a little break from the computer when Christmas got nearer. Just too busy to take the time. I did the S diet until Xmas eve when I ate and drank too much. Same for Christmas day. I was going to color them red but then I thought it is Christmas and only comes once a year so I called Wed and Thursday yellow and Friday was green. I don't know what I am going to do Sat and Sun. I think I will treat them as my S days too but I"m not sure. I think I will try and stay green but if I don't I am not going to call it red, but yellow. To me red is when there is no rhyme or reason for eating and I am out of control.

Blue, To me it was OK that you went a little crazy with your eating for one day. It wasn't really crazy but off because you had been so strict with yourself. Hey, it's the holidays and lots of pressure and stress so go a little nuts. I know what you mean about stuff that is not good for you making you feel sickish after eating it. It's your body saying that it is bad. I have been eating too many white carbs and I don't feel so good after I eat. I think I am giving up the white stuff again and go back to eating the South Beach diet way except I will eat more fruit then they allowed.
We have watched the first disc of Bones and have two more here to watch. Maybe on the weekend.
I'm going to check your blog tomorrow and see what you are up to
Marie
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 am

The party is over and now back to business. I really didn't go overboard but did eat some things that I have been keeping away from. Nothing really bad but not diet food either. One thing in particular was my date nut bread with cream cheese that I haven't eaten in more than two years. I ate it for breakfast on my S days. Not bad but not good either and some Christmas cookies and more drinks than usual.

I have a goal. We are going to Ca the 24th of February for two weeks to visit our friends and I would like to be down at least 10 lbs before we go. That would be what I weighed last time we visited them and it's a realistic goal. Time to get off my arse and move...
I have to remind my self that I have to do it for health most of all but it would also benefit my appearance.
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 am

This was a good week as far as eating goes. Still can't get going on exercise. I guess I just don't know where to start. I will get it going one of these days. Gotta start so I can get 21 days in and it will be a habit again. :?:
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 am

The weekend went well. My snacks consisted of some pretzels when I had my 2 drinks on Friday and Saturday night. Actually I didn't eat any pretzels on Friday until after midnight so they counted as Saturday.. That is what I usualy do to start the weekend. That was the only snack I ate. No sweets on both days.
Sunday was a green day. That wasn't supposed to happen. We were invited to a party to watch football but my daughter and I had tickets to Jersey Boys that we bought last August so I went there and darling husband stayed home. We won so we will go next Sunday for a repeat performance (I hope) They extended intermission at the show because the game was ending and people weren't coming back to their seats until they knew how it ended. That was really funny. Instead of a 15 minute intermission it was almost a half an hour. The whole theater cheered the ending. Go Steelers.....
No snacks in the show either. My good......?
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 am

I have been true to NO S diet in a way. No snacks, seconds or sweets except...... but I know that I am eating too much. More so since the new year when I was supposed to be eating less so I can lose at least 10 lbs before our CA trip in Feb. At this rate I will never make it. Ate chocolate covered raisins from Costco today. Really bought them for the grand kids and as a rule they don't call me but I ate 20 of them today and didn't feel so great afterwards. I am confused right now. Eating more white bread than I have since 2003 when I ate the South Beach way and kept to it until the last month or so. Not good.....I have to get a handle on this before the scale goes up.... It's holding steady.
Exercise where art thou?
Marie

la_loser

Super Steelers--all start with S!

Post by la_loser » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:10 am

Burgher,

Since I really didn't have an allegiance to either of the Super Bowl teams, I decided to cheer for the Steelers in your honor. . .

Congratulations to your beloved team. I remember your several references to them throughout the season.

So today is not only Sunday for you--it's Super Steeler Sunday!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

Burgher

same same

Post by Burgher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:12 am

Yeah, Same starts with S too. I had such great ambition to lose 10 lbs before our CA trip next Tuesday. I had six weeks to do it but I failed. I am the same weight today as I was on January 1st. I haven't exercised. I know I know...... but I have eaten the S way except I think I am eating too much white stuff. Oh well, I am going to do the best I can while away. They eat South Beach but they do like their wine (me too) Anyway, I'm still here now and I will see what I can do when I return. I have the Everday Systems Podcasts to listen to while flying so maybe I can get motivated to move when I return and eat less because I must be eating too much for my slug of a body.
Marie

Burgher

LA_Loser

Post by Burgher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 am

La loser, I like that laaaa looooser.
Thank you so much for being a member of the Steeler Nation, if only for one day. You did it for us. The one cheer we needed to bring it home. I didn't think we were going to win again but I am glad we got one for the other thumb but I still feel bad for the Cardinals. To be so close after so many years. I would have felt worst for us tho. I love the Steelers and I love Sixburgh. Thank you again. Hope you see this because I can't find you in the Daily Check In.
Marie

la_loser

You're welcome!

Post by la_loser » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Yes, I see it. I don't do a daily check-in because that's something I just wouldn't keep up with so I just rely on my HabitCal to keep me honest. (Just like I've never been able to sustain a points diary or a carb diary or a calorie diary!)

I'm glad my big mouth could cheer your guys on that day a little! But I must say that now it's over, my heart will go back to my Cowboys!

I understand what you're saying about hoping to have lost some pounds before a planned trip. I've got one coming up next week and when we planned it in September, I just knew I'd be down more. . . as in wearing all those clothes that don't fit anymore. . . but a check-up yesterday revealed a ten pound loss in the last eight weeks. So, although it's not a reason to pull out all those too-tight jeans, I'm thrilled with it, especially since that time frame covered the holidays, New Year's out of town celebrations, two big birthdays in the family and a week long trip to DC for Obama-Mania. Hmmm, not that I think of it, 10 pounds is pretty darn good!

Have a lovely trip to California; it will certainly be milder weather than where you are now! I'll bet you'll find it easier to stay on habit with all those healthy things to eat. And maybe a little walking will be easier too since it won't be so cold outside.

Burgher

Pishhhhh

Post by Burgher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Drat, darn and pish. I just got done cancelling our CA trip. Darling Husband had to go to the hospital last night because he couldn't breath which is nothing new for him because he has COPD but this was different.
He went to the doctor who wanted to call an ambulance to take him to the hospital right then but he insisted on going home first. So our son and I took him and he will be in for a few days until they get his lungs clear and then he was told NO on any trips for awhile. . We fly with Southwest so they will let us use our tickets later as long as it's before Dec 17th. Love that airline.
I am disappointed in not going but most importantly I want him to be OK.

Don't smoke and if you do, STOP. He quit, finally a few years ago, but it was because he was having trouble breathing. Too late because the damage was already done.
Marie

Burgher

Post by Burgher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:11 pm

LA Loser, with all you had going on, I think losing 10 lbs is great. Just that amount makes a big difference.
I have more time to lose my weight for California now but want DH back home where he belongs. Not a fun time for us right now.

Aah, Dallas Cowboys. America's team. We have friends that are big Cowboy fans. They even have the nerve to wear Cowboy colors to Steeler games and we still sit with them.

Congratulations again on your loss.
Marie

la_loser

Take care. . .

Post by la_loser » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 am

I just saw your reply. I'm sad you had to cancel your trip particularly because of the reason for it. I hope your husband is doing better. My in-laws were heavy smokers for many years and even after my father-in-law lost his larynx nearly thirty years ago, it was several years before he could kick the habit. What a hold that addiction must have on one's body. Anyway, he and my mother-in-law both now deal with COPD and emphysema and lots of other issues. . .but they keep plugging ahead!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the ten pounds over two months, especially since I've been doing No S for several more than that. . . and after all that time, the pounds began to drop slowly so gee, I guess Reinhard and some of the others were right that it sometimes take a while for our bodies to level off and start to show a loss. Now to keep on the downward trend!

Take of your guy and know that now you'll just have longer to anticipate that trip. (and I love Southwest too!-especially since now you don't have get there so early to claim your spot!)

Burgher

I'm back

Post by Burgher » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 am

OMG I can't believe my last post was in February.

Husband took a long time to get back to his old self after pneumonia. We rebooked out trip to CA for October and at the same price bargain we had. They said as long as we took our trip within a year we would not lose our money. NOW I seriously have to get back to my old weight. I have two months to do it and I can. Think I will go back on the beach "South Beach". It worked for me before and I can do it again. Except I will do it No S way. I have the great habit of NO S"s. I think I will do it on the weekend too except I will eat more carbs maybe. We'll see.
I stopped posting because my computer died and I didn't get a new one until April and I got a mac so I had to spend all my time getting used to it. Still learning. So here I am and there you are.
Marie