~ Reviving Renee ~

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm

:shock: Who woulda thought that there would be a day that I had one small plate of pizza and call it good without any mental struggle!!! Woohoo! I did it! My favorite food... on my favorite day...and no regrets!

I think I see another tiny flame on that psychological ring of fire around the Ses!!! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 pm

so-so weekend. I'm back on track and green. I go on a vacation this week and am very worried... I rarely stay green when gone anywhere. I'll try hard. At least 2 of the 5 days will be Ses. I don't want to give my self any more Ses, but I may just plan an S event once a day...? Maybe?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah, pizza .. that's tough ! I have been coming up with ways to avoid eating it too ... I think if I don't have any pizza, it's easier for me than to plan on having just a small piece ... I know it'll be harder to have a small piece and stop instead of not having any at all ...
weird, huh ??

I know the restaurant makes nice salads too, so I'll try to take advantage of that ! I am planning on having a chicken salad with very little salad dressing next time I am somewhere and pizzas are ordered for example, might make some people laugh (My homeboys !!) but I'd rather eat that instead of pizza any day of the week these days.

Besides I find it annoying when I have been working out, to ruin everything by eating 3-4 big slices of pizza within 15 minutes, like an OGRE, just an hour after I was working out hard to lose weight.

I'd rather deal with a few jokes from my homies than eating too much pizza and then feeling guilty about it and having to work out hard 2 days in a row just to get back to where I was ... it prevents me from really enjoying the pizza anyway !

Since I don't order pizza when I'm at home, the only time I have been eating it was when I was visiting somewhere or when people came over ... I don't eat it when I'm by myself, you see.

My top 3 guilty pleasures at the moment

Pizza
Bagels
Cookies (Chocolate chip cookies)

"Ogre"
Dictionary.com

"1. a monster in fairy tales and popular legend, usually represented as a hideous giant who feeds on human flesh.
2. a monstrously ugly, cruel, or barbarous person."

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/15/2009 : 205.4 pounds
( 8 months 15 days / -74.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 192.0 pounds ( 1 year / -88.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 am

Yea, speaking of cookies... red today... I had to make cookies for our trip this week and of course ate the dough and more dough... and still more... then the actual cookies! Vanilla chip and oatmeal raisin. AAahhhhh!! Everyone thinks that it's a sin to have an empty cookie jar. What's with that? Just because I kept it full of fresh cookies for 16 years, the kids think that It has to always be full? I should go on strike! (It's the only way around here to make my point)

Anyway... Red day. :cry: and I haven't even left yet. I've also decided to take my S days on Friday and Saturday this weekend. The trick will be to snap out of it on Sunday!

So much for my 21 day streak!!! Sorry Guadopt!
Please pray for me

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Renee, shoot! I swear having this challenge with you kept me green last Thursday and Friday. Now what!?

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:02 pm

I am so weak lately... and my schedule is tough. Sorry... I thought about trying again, but I feel too defiant.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 pm

I've changed my mind... (imagine that! :roll: ) I wasn't going to do a challenge in August, because I think that the pressure was getting to be too much, but since I decided that, I felt off the hook and have had 5 reds so far this month!!!! So, I've decided to do another challenge in August because I can definitely do better than 5 reds :!:

I feel a come back from the state my mind was headed to... which is good.

Now, Renee... just keep it green for the rest of July!

Going on a little cabin vacation today for a few days... say an extra prayer... since 2 hands clasped in prayer are worth more than whatever it was that sgstarling wrote. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Well... here's how my little vacation went:

Day 1, Wed. Green and I was doing good!
Day 2, Thu. Red. It started out not too bad, but the snacks and lack of schedule did me in! I did walk a ton and you know I got lots of exercise paddling my arms on that air mattress :wink:
Day 3, Fri. S day bumped and I'll try for Sunday to be green.
Day 4, Sat. S day and really enjoying it! Think paddling those arms on the airmattress :wink:
Day 5, Sun. it will be green today and home.

Over all I think that my vacation diet was aweful! Way too much snacking and the water wasn't like at home, so I didn't drink as much. I did walk a lot however... livin' and learnin'

I plan on having an all green week to finish off the month with 6 :oops: reds. :cry: I can't wait for next month! I can't wait to issue the new challenge! I'm so glad that I've decided to keep doing them. It puts pressure on myself too... and when it seems like too much pressure, it's only working!!!!! :idea:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm

This week will be all green!!!
Sunday was green :D
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Last edited by ~reneew on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

friscobob

Day By Day

Post by friscobob » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Just take it day by day, step by step, and success will be yours. Write down a reminder before going to bed of your intentions to follow through on the program the following day. This is what helped me develop the proper mindset to succeed. Good luck.
Health Is The Greatest Wealth!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:28 pm

thanks Bob!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Seems like you perform better when you are under pressure, Renee !

My advice is to try to finish the month on a positive note and then keep this trend goin' in early august !

Good luck !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
07/22/2009 : 202.8 pounds
( 8 months 22 days / -77.2 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 190.0 pounds ( 1 year / -90.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:Seems like you perform better when you are under pressure, Renee !

My advice is to try to finish the month on a positive note and then keep this trend goin' in early august !
Yep, I do... and that's the plan. But remember, I carve things in dust. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 am

HA !! ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/22/2009 : 202.8 pounds
( 8 months 22 days / -77.2 pounds )

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:58 am

Glad to see you're back on track Renee! All greens this week!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks Mimi... I am rarin' to go now! I felt my good habits slipping and I'm tieing a knot before I slip any farther. :wink: I did a green yesterday, Sunday, and I plan on going green all week. I can't wait to issue my next challenge, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.I can't tell you what it will be, but it's a perfect one for most of us. It may be a real challenge for you. :shock:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Winnie said:
"The key for me was to get to the point where I didn't want to overdo on S-Days, and I think it took me about 3 months to get there. I started feeling so terrific on N-Days that I didn't want that feeling to end just because it was an S-Day. Most of my S-Day indulgences just weren't worth it when contrasted with how I felt on N-Days. I agree with focusing on your N-Days, in a really positive way -- think about how you feel and if you're not feeling fabulous, figure out what you need to do to make your N-Days really compelling. I think it's important to get the N-Days to the point where you are enjoying them so much that you will want to make your S-Days sort of N-ish."

I love that thought! I should reread this one every Friday!!!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:45 pm

I've updated my weight loss plan on page 1 on here for easy reference. :wink: I put in my goal and my ultimate goal.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 pm

It's always good when you ... have a plan !! :-)

It's much easier to lose weight when you exercise, it would be really hard to lose pounds not doing any exercise at all.

Even just walking or going up stairs, anything that gets you moving is awesome.

Paddle arms on air mattress ... nice !

Does that make you look like ...... SUPERMAN when
he's flyin' high ??? :-)

I'm sure when you start seeing results, you will be motivated to keep going on and on ... until you reach your ultimate goal !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/27/2009 : 201.0 pounds
( 8 months 27 days / -79.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 am

Funny guy! So, in other words... get off the air mattress and exercise already? O.K... I did go on very long walk/hikes daily while on vacation, but I know that I need to get my butt going on a daily basis. (Have you been viewing my habitcal for that?) :roll:
How about wonder woman?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wond ... n.jpg?o=63

yea, I know, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to put the actual picture on here yet... :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 am

Hum, no ...

What I meant is that any exercise that gets your heart rate to increase is a good one ... you can even do HULA HOOP if you want to, and that would be good cardio !

As a young man, I can't do that though ... no way !! ;-)
I'm afraid my HOMIES would make fun of me for 1,000 years if they found out I did *THAT* !

I was just wondering what 'paddling your arms' looks like, made me think of SUPERMAN for some reason ... you know when he is flyin' high ... arms extended, lol !
To get your heart rate up, moving your legs is a better option though, you move your bigger muscles ... this requires more effort, you see ... so it's all good of course. ;-)

Don't give up, Renee ! Work-work-work, oh man, how can I motivate you ... ;-) You'll be so happy when you see the results *EVERY DAY* later on. every time you put clothes on, they fit perfectly, wow !! ... Just think about that, you've got 5 times more reasons than me to lose weight anyway, kids, husband, etc. (not that I want a husband of course, lol !) Hellllllllllllllllo !!! ;-)

That should be good enough to motivate you, sticking around for a long time ... especially if you are still *YOUNG*, it's now or never to do something about it. Tonight I watched this documentary about a 45 year old man who was overweight and he had all sorts of issues, made me think what could have happened to me in a few years if I kept being too heavy, I could have had diabetes, all that ...

Remember, baby steps ... leading to one small goal .. than the next ... than the next ... pretty soon, your bigger goals will become reality.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks Marc I needed that! I do feel motivated this week after planning my new goals (on page one). I think that when I see failure I get down on myself and loose my umph. I'm back on track right now anyway. I'm finishing off the week all green and I do plan on exercising... soon... yea... soon. :wink: I even have a dog. You'd think I'd be out with her more often. My hubby walks her all the time and she's always finding dead animals to roll on. :? She found a dead rabbit yesterday and... oh what a treat. I couldn't get it from her. Yuck! Yep... I'm going to go now and walk Shadey...
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Well, everyone fails sometimes of course, then you work harder the next day ...

I try to have 2 green days in a row after a red ... so the extra weight doesn't stick around. After a yellow day, like yesterday for me, a single green day is usually enough to get back on track.

Planning ahead is a good way to get motivated of course, then you see that if you apply yourself, in 2 months you will have lost x pounds, so you feel good about that ... but of course the main thing is to focus on your next goal. For example, right now I am focusing on getting under 201.0 by aug. 1st, am. That's the main thing I want to do, I'm not thinking about losing 12 pounds by nov. 1st, just 1 pound by aug. 1st, one small step at a time, weekly goals, etc.

Walking the dog is a good exercise you can even do some squats while you walk the dog ... when you pick up the huh ... droppings - - in a plastic bag,
you know, lol ! Good exercise for your legs ! ;-)

Dead rabbit, ewk !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Shadey says "Thanks". :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm really itching to issue the challenge... I'm trying to wait til tomorrow, but It's so hard to wait. I'm like my kids at Christmas!
I'm like my 8 year old who when he gets money says "now I have to go to Walmart!!!! I neeeeed to spend my money!" He has a lot to learn... and what's amazing is that I am the thriftiest person I know!!!

I've also been thinking a lot about my whole scale problem... I used to weigh several times a day, and it got out of hand, so I (after buying 2 scales after the old ones busted) tried really hard to only weigh only once a day and record only on Friday morning. It went so well that I only weighed maybe 2 times a week, but a problem began... I found myself telling myself that I still had time to recover before Friday, then I wouldn't. So, I now have a calendar (another one) to weigh morning and night and record each one... then I can see the downward trend before it becomes a downward spiral or a black hole. Good plan! I'm always planning!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Hum yes ... I also neeeeeeeeed to go to Wal-Mart !!
I don't think so ! ;-)

Good idea to change your scale routine, if the old one was causing you problems.

I am also back on a daily weigh in now ... I try to be good every day but the daily weigh ins are not crucial ... I have one weigh in every 5-6-7 days that is more important, the OFFICIAL weigh ins, that's where I have to get to my objectives ... The other ones are just to give me an idea about what is going on and to satisfy my curiosity.

It'll also make it easier to see the trends when I am in the maintenance phase so I have this file I made to keep the data and the avg weight for the week is calculated automatically as well.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm

trend  /trɛnd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [trend]

–noun 1. the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
2. style; vogue: the new trend in women's apparel.
3. the general direction followed by a road, river, coastline, or the like.

Yep, think...
1. olympic ski slope
2. all the trendy clothes that will look so good on me :wink:
3. absence of a rollercoaster

... it's all good.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

I was looking on my first page where I keep my goal list and I just realised that I'm less than 40 pounds from being what I think of as a "happy weight". I guess Its better seeing it written, because it now seems closer than it did... I think I was still focusing on the total 70 for my beginning to get to my ultimate goal. I feel so so so much better! 40 is do-able. :wink: The mind games we play... :roll:
Please pray for me

friscobob

Mindset

Post by friscobob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 pm

It's all about mindset. You can do it, step by step and the job is done!
Health Is The Greatest Wealth!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:02 am

happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !!
happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !! happy !!

;-)

You should decide right now how long it will take you to lose those 40 pounds ... let's say one year ... and then you split the pounds for every month.

4-4-4-4-3-3
3-3-3-3-3-3

That's one pound per week the first 4 months ... sounds good ??

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't have the patience for one year... my goal is on my Birthday... :wink: What do you guys think of my goals?... it's on page 1 here...
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Here's how the month went. I copied it from the challenge.

July 1: green and plates were in the small side, but not on the healthy side down 18 total
July 2: red but I make up for it by taking a green on the 12th
July 3: green legally, though I was eating kettle corn at 12:08 AM on the 4th!!!
July 4: S day and celebrating our independance!!!
July 5: S day
July 6: green and it feels good compared to the Stravaganza S days that's for sure!
July 7: green
July 8: green but I'm been doing absolutely NO exercise lately... busy and sleep-deprived.
July 9: green barely...
July 10: green I'm using "lunch" plates at lunch and sometimes dinner. They are smaller. I do cram it on though.
July 11:S day and I ate too much!
July 12: green today to make up for the red on the 2nd.
July 13: green
July 14: defiantly red
July 15: red again!
July 16: green and back on track thanks to you guys!!! Every once in a while I need a slap on the head.
July 17: green and I actually ate a single small plate of pizza without the mental struggle!!!! Probably the first time since I was... oh, like 4 years old.
July 18: S day
July 19: S day
July 20: Aahhhh...red! I had cookie dough... then more dough... then more... then of course, the actual cookies!!!!!!!!
July 21: and red again!
July 22: green first day of little vacation
July 23: red too many temptations and the lack of schedule, but tons of exercise... walk... paddle arms on airmattress... ha!
July 24: S day
July 25: S day
July 26: green
July 27: green
July 28: green I'm charged!
July 29: green and a very good green if I do say so myself!
July 30: green except for the cookie... I'm calling it an S event... I was over tempted and it was one and if I call it a red, then it will give me permission to have an extra red next month.
I know I know! I'll eat way less at supper...and exercise...and...and....
July 31: green

Over all... I met my get "back to where I was" goal of down 18... and I'm happy. I seem to bounce back up when I get to down 20. I have for a few years. We'll see how I do. I need to break through that barrier!

There goes July... in comes August... bring it on!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:56 am

The first 2 days of August are S days... good thing because we have company and I tend to snack... I'll try. :roll:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:00 am

Well, it's Sunday evening and I honestly can't wait until tomorrow... its that whole "peace" feeling. Not to mention the lack of "full" feeling. Hmmm... I can envision myself being good on S days someday though!!! Like when I really start to loose fast and I gain momentum. :roll: Someday....soon, right?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 am

Finishing the month strong ... good work there !
I should have done the same !

Don't worry about a single cookie, it's not very significant at all ... how many calories are in a cookie,
75 ??

If you really want to burn those calories, go walk your dog outside for 15 minutes, done .... but when you get back home, don't eat another cookie right away, though ... unless your dog is ready for more exercise !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/01/2009 : 206.0 pounds
( 9 months / -74.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Ha, good one. If it was up to a dog, probably any dog, I'd eat cookies all day... probably while walking.

I found myself going and staring into the pantry this morning which I don't do on N days. The S days get me way off habit and Mondays are crackdown time. I'm firm like a rock for green today. I'm trying to concentrate on my goals for the week. At least I have some short-term goals now and I think they'll help. :wink:
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I'll help you out and be the Cookie Nazi for you this week Renee!

No cookies for you!!! :lol:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Yea Mimi, but did you check out Marc's? He did a close up of some pastry thing... he needs to be arrested!

ar⋅rest  /əˈrɛst/
–verb (used with object) 1. to seize (a person) by legal authority or warrant; take into custody: The police arrested the burglar.
2. to catch and hold; attract and fix; engage: The loud noise arrested our attention.
3. to check the course of; stop; slow down: to arrest progress.
4. Medicine/Medical. to control or stop the active progress of (a disease): The new drug did not arrest the cancer.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 am

Good & green Monday overall... I'm going for strong green this month. School starts in 22 days. (Not that I'm counting the days. :roll:) But I do so so so much better when I don't have to be here for lunch with the entire family. Weekends are tough for me, so summer is basically tough all day every day. So, though I'll cry again when school starts back up... I will eat less. :D
Please pray for me

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Morning mimi,

I know what you mean about structure, I do much better if I'm not in freefall mode.

I also find myself staring at the pantry or fridge and saying,
What should I eat?

As if a person should be eating = all the time.....

Glad you are going to be back in the groove,

Happy in fact.

See :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I just discovered that I'm on day 13 of a green streak :wink: I also think that when I record my weight morning and night, I'm seeing the dramatic damage that I do every blessed weekend. I go up at least 6 every weekend. Then I go down 6 every week. A continual rollercoaster! If I could just be green on the weekend, I'd probably be down a permanent 5 for the week. Hmmm. I'm going to try it, to see if I can get through the weekend green or almost green to see if my thoery is right! Good experement. If I succeed, I should be 5 down :shock: and if I can't, it'll just be the regular old Stravaganza S day. :roll: Besides, I'm doing really well... I've recovered from the weekend early, it's only Tuesday! I have high hopes! Isn't that a song?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, that's really the 1st thing I took out of the original plan .. the automatic breaks on the weekends. It would have felt like I was sabotaging the good work I did all week long (my own opinion !) Imagine if you would just gain 2-3 pounds every weekend instead of 6, you would have lost quite a few pounds already.

I'm not sayin' you should starve either, just a lil' treat here and there, so you don't feel too deprived. Once in a while you gain a pound here or there, then you have the whole week to lose that plus a lil' bit more, rinse and repeat ... just one pound deficit per week, 3,500 calories ... that's all you need as a calorie deficit (diet + exercise) to be much slimmer just a few months from now.

Anyway I am very pleased now as I have had great results with my method ... making a few changes here and there to fit what I have been doing, seems to be paying off. I would have still lost weight doing the vanilla version but it would have been slower ... I prefer my more extreme version

Experimenting is gooooooooood though ! ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/03/2009 : 201.8 pounds
( 9 months 3 days / -78.2 pounds )

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 pm

I too typically don't take my S Days. It's looked down upon on the general board, but I find it makes too much of an up and down rollercoaster and it can derail my progress. I will allow something tiny, if there is a party, but I stick with my personal structure of 3 meals and 1 snack. I say just try it out, see how you like it :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks guys, I'm going to try it until I succeed in a green weekend or at least almost green. :wink: Hopefully it will be next weekend... I'm trying for one day at a time until school starts again. Tough times.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:59 am

I have to tell you that it was almost a red today, but I had a last second "save" ... I was cooking dinner and couldn't wait (oh me oh my!) and started to snitch, so I got mad and walked to the computer to tally a big fat red on my calendar, then I thought that I could save the day by "virtual plating" it and eating way less right away so that it was all at the same time and it definitely would have fit on my plate. Close call and not 100% honest, but I didn't want one bite to be the start of a humongous red evening. Am I crossing the line into cheatsville? :?:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 am

You are very harsh with yourself ... it takes more than that for me to change a color ...

I exercise like *CRAZY* though, 40 minutes again today, running intervals and calisthenic exercises, high intensity + 10 minutes cycling ... so since I burn a lot of calories that way (including the 'afterburn') it's one of the reasons I am not too bothered by a bite here or there ...

Today for example, I had 2 lil' things extra that were not written down on my piece of paper ... 1/2 of a bran muffin and 2 tiny pieces of baguette bread ... I didn't change the color of my day for that .. it was still
GREEN !

Exercise helps erase tiny mistakes like that easily.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/05/2009 : 199.0 pounds
( 9 months 5 days / -81.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:29 pm

But it's hard for me to know where to draw the line. I cheat myself. I let Reinhard draw the line, then adhere to it strictly, or a tiny cheat turns into a humongous problem. :roll: I keep thinking that I need to make my own plan and follow that strictly. I really think that eating when hungry should be the core of any plan, because that's how God made us... with our own signal to eat. I just haven't figured out how to follow that yet, so here I am following no S rules that seem to at least "restrain my indulgences"... and be the best & easiest way for now. It helps to put your total confidence in it for it to work. :wink:
Please pray for me

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:31 pm

I think saving the day by virtual plating was a smart thing to do, or at least the lesser of two evils. Having a big ol' red evening that makes you feel bad and bleeds into the next day and the next and the next would have been far worse than what you did.
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:56 pm

I think you were smart in that you were very mindful about what you were doing, stopped, and worked out a plan to compensate. And I don't think you're crossing the line into cheatsville because you didn't lie to yourself about what you were doing -- you recognized a violation, stopped, and figured out how to make it part of your meal instead of calling it "snitching" and pretending it didn't matter!

I would call that a huge victory, regardless of what you choose to mark it on your Habitcal.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks guys! I feel better about it. I'm keeping it green because I'm on a streak and if I end it now, I'll be tempted to go on a diet-vacation. :roll:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah, I know I was just sayin' sometimes it's hard to be good 100% of the time ... my idea is if you are good 80-90% plus of the time that's still significant progress ... so don't be too harsh on yourself, just look at the BIG PICTURE instead of focusing on the details.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/05/2009 : 199.0 pounds
( 9 months 5 days / -81.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am

Still green. I had an S event last night. My big tub faucet finally got fixed... So... bubbles, candles, good music, good book, wine and fritos. Yes, I needed those. Much needed and long awaited S-event. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm planning on switching my S days around so I can avoid inevitable reds if they were N days. I have company all week, then head to a cabin for the next weekend. Wish me luck.
Here's the master plan:

Aug 8: (Sat)green and a very successful one too! :D
Aug 9: (Sun) planned N Ha!
Aug 10: (Mon) planned S
Aug 11: (Tue) planned S
Aug 12: (Wed) planned N nope!Aug 13: (thu) planned N
Aug 14: (Fri) planned S
Aug 15: (Sat) planned S
Aug 16: (Sun) planned N failed again! and yes, that's 4 already this month!
Last edited by ~reneew on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please pray for me

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Instead of switching your S days around, could you instead allow yourself one or two S events on the days you have company? That way you'd have the latitude to have a snack or treat with your company, but know you can't go overboard.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks, but I've been trying that all summer and it hasn't worked so far... I think that's why I'm not loosing very well. I'm a cheater. I'm trying this... and today (Saturday) was a very successful green day. Woohoo, now I've banked one... one to go.
Please pray for me

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:33 am

Ok. Congrats on an N day today then! :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for trying to help... I need ideas and incentive!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Oh my gosh! I was so far down on the line, I had to search for my daily check in! My waist shows it too! I've had company all week and will be that or gone to cabin with family through Sunday eve and I am eating way too much! If I don't get out the snacks or make something for snacks, they take over my kitchen and do it! Really! Then who eats? me. Next week things should settle down a lot, the the 25th I will pour my all... 100% into this! I am so aweful in the summer and school starts then... back to a schedule. I'm really looking forward to it!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey Renee ~ I've been missing you! My kids go back on the 17th :( :( However, the upside is ~ we'll really be ready to go again :shock: I've managed to keep 10 pounds off this summer, but it will be nice to regain focus and see what happens!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 am

Hey Renee !! Step away from the snacks ... now ! ;-)

I remember last month when I was worrying I would babysit my nephew this month and this could get me in trouble with my diet ... it has worked out quite well after all. Maybe it has helped in fact since with all this running around, playing catch and entertainment I am moving more, I don't count that as a cardio session of course but it's still burning calories, lol !

This is one of my best months so far, only one RED nutrition day at the moment in august. I don't care if my nephew wants to have sweets, candy, cookies, croissants, muffins, ice cream ... I'm not having any of it ! I also managed to train on a regular basis so my general routine has not been disrupted too much.

I feel more tired than usual from running after him all the time though, keeping him entertained and all that but nothing a couple days off babysitting can't fix :-) I should be ok since tomorrow is the last day I'll be on this 7 days in a row babysitting detail.

I know looking after a lil' kid a week straight has made it harder on me to be GOOD (even if I did succeed, it took some will power with the food I'm not supposed to have in the cupboards, in the fridge and also feeling more tired when I want to work out) so I understand how you feel when your kids are not in school and you have to take care of 'em all the time while trying to diet & train at the same time, phew ! This is like running a marathon !! Kudos to you, mommy.

I think it would have been much tougher for me to lose all that weight if I had been in charge of a lil' kid 24/7.
;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/09/2009 : 199.6 pounds
( 9 months 9 days / -80.4 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 am

bluebunny27 wrote: Step away from the snacks ... now ! ;-)

Kudos to you, mommy....

I think it would have been much tougher for me to lose all that weight if I had been in charge of a lil' kid 24/7.
How did you know? :roll: ha!...

Thanks!...

Try 4 of them!

I've definitely got some damage to erase, but fall (when school starts) is my best time of the year for me to diet... new schedule, very long to-do list to keep me out of the pantry, and peace!!!!!!!!! I am so so so psyched to get going! I have 4 reds already this month and I have to do better than the 4 from last month. Duh...
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Off to a fresh start and green yesterday. I have no real problems coming up on the ol' calendar so I don't foresee any problems. I need to recover from my week of gluttony and stay green! The key for me to get back on track is to be really strict for a week or so and then it seems to catch on and become a habit again. The longer I stray, the longetr it takes to get back in the groove. :roll: Well, I'm on the right track today with the right mentality.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:19 am

I had a green week.

I was notified that Sparkpeople started a NoSDIET sparkteam and so I've joined and plan on continuing NoS 100% but visitng on there too for health info and support.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Well, school starts tomorrow and I have very high expectations for the coming month. I am giving it my all as far as eating right and exercises go. Starting tomorrow. I can't wait! :D
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 pm

I am just so ready to eat normally! Christmas messed me up when I started the first time and when I got going again in April, I knew I'd have a hard time when school let out. So, here I am with 3 months before the Christmas season again and I'm cracking down...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: very strict NoS! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I revised my goals on page 1... and copied them here. I have a goal fast approaching!!!

10/02/08 - starting weight 0
11/??/08 - down 20... then I got over-confident and it was Christmas time! I seem to always make it to 20, then bounce.
12/xx/08 ------------duh
1/xx/09 -------------duh
2/xx/09--------------duh
3/16/09 - start 0 again
4/3/09 - down 10
5/1/09 - down 14 (but I got a new scale that reads 3 pounds off of the last, so actually 3 more lost from now on)
5/29/09 - down 16
6/26/09 - down 18 Slowing, so I reset my goal got to 20 and bounced.. again...and again...and again. I have for years.
7/31/09 - down 18 I seem to only be able to maintain this summer. Difficult temptations when the kids are around.
8/28/09 - goal: down 20
9/25/09 - goal: down 25
10/30/09- goal down 30
11/27/09- goal down 35
12/25/09- goal down 40
1/25/10 - goal down 45
2/26/10 - goal down 50
3/26/10 - goal down 55 I'd like to be down 55 by St.Patrick's day.
4/30/10 - goal down 60
5/28/10 - goal down 65
next summer's ultimate goal - down 70
Last edited by ~reneew on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Renee, I totally believe that you can do it!

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 am

Well hi back at you, Renee! :) How's it going?
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:29 am

Hum, the last 5 goals will be in 2010, not 2009 as indicated there ...

It's always good when you have goals though, especially long term.

Good luck !

5 pounds per month is a tough goal, especially for a woman in the last months, next year, not during the first few months of course. (Men lose weight more easily)

Also, a 2nd thing I notice is for most people it is easier to lose weight in the first months, then it gets harder as you don't have as much of the easier blubber weight to lose ... might be easy to lose 5 in the first months for you but then it'll be tough near the end.
I work much harder now to lose 6 pounds in august than when I lost 14 pounds in my very first month. That's why I would question the '5 pounds per month every month objectives' ...

Plus are you sure you can achieve this ? It seems high, I was just reading in a book earlier today about setting goals that are realistic. Goal like that, 50 pounds in 10 months for a woman is like 70-80 pounds within 10 months for a man, basically what I've done ... that requires a LOT of work, let me tell you. I'm not sugar coating anything, I'm just being realistic cos' I've been through most of it. I know what it takes to do something like this.
It takes A LOT of elbow grease and discipline. Might be easier if you have 100 or more pounds to lose though, I don't know the details.

More power to you if you can do this though, that'd be awesome.

People can't believe it when I disclose how much weight I've lost, even my sister the other night ... she was guessing 55-60 pounds ... I said 'No ! - - 84 pounds within 10 months' ... Of course I'm exaggerating a lil' bit, rounding up the numbers, it was really 83 within 9 months and 24 days, but I was looking ahead.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

"Hum, the last 5 goals will be in 2010, not 2009 as indicated there ... " Duh, thanks!

Thanks for all the support and advice! I am going to loose 5 next month... watch! :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:17 pm

That's what I like to see ... someone who is motivated, 100%.

I didn't want to sound too negative but losing 50 pounds within 10 months is not a walk in the park for anybody, especially a woman. (Lower metabolism than a man by default due to a lesser muscle mass)

Not impossible to do of course, I just did it or even better. Thousands of people are doing it right now too. ;-)

If you are willing to put in a lot of time & effort and you work hard who knows what you can accomplish.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:46 pm

So, here's the month at a glance...

Aug. 1: S day and its a good thing... I don't do well with company.
Aug. 2: S day That didn't go so well. Munch munch munch...
Aug. 3: green and a good green it was!
Aug 4: green and I've recovered from my rollercoaster weekend early!
Aug 5: green
Aug 6: green with a much needed S event Bubble bath with wine and fritos
Aug 7: green I'm planning on switching my S days around so I can avoid inevitable reds for the next 7 days. Wish me luck.
Aug 8: green and a good one! And it was Saturday!!!
Aug 9: red there goes the 21 I'd have been at Thursday!
Aug 10: S day
Aug 11: S day
Aug 12: no comment
Aug 13: no comment ... I'm bang-your-head frustrated with myself
Aug 14: S day
Aug 15: S day
Aug 16: Well that went real well! Someone hit me!!! At least I have no company, vacations or trips planned until next weekend. 4 reds, Oh-oh...
Aug 17: green! and a great green it was! I need to recover from my week of gluttony.
Aug 18: green
Aug 19: green
Aug 20: green
Aug 21: green with a planned S event.
Aug 22: S day
Aug 23: S day
Aug 24: green!
Aug 25: green School started today and I will have a much easier time now!!!
Aug 26: green
Aug 27: green
Aug 28: green and I'm quite proud of my little green streak!
Aug 29: S day
Aug 30: S day
Aug 31: going to be green! This is sure a long month!

It seems like I'm all or nothing, doesn't it?
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I made my goal for the month!!!

I'm officially down 20 (unofficially 23 because of that new scale I had to get.) I always bounce at this weight and have for years, so pray me through this hurdle please!!! I lost a whole whoppin' 4 pounds all summer, but hey, summer is as bad as Christmas season for me as far as food goes. And this is the best time of year for me to jump this hurdle, so here I go! :arrow:
Please pray for me

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Way to go!!! :)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:36 pm

School's out for summer !! ;-)

Great work !

I hope you can improve your weight loss in the next months.
Good luck !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm

I've issued my challenge for September. I'm still thinking about what I should concentrate on. I want to stay completely green... and maybe work on weekends or volume on plates, or water, etc.
Please pray for me

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Congrats on making your goal!
5'9 -- Laura --

Started July 23, 2009 -- 246.6
Restart: June 13, 2010 - 241.6
July 18, 2010 -- 235 .... - 11.6 lb loss in ~1 yr.
Back Again: January 13, 2012 -- 242.2 lbs

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Thank you very much frugal! i like your name as i'm about the most frugal gal I know. :wink:

I sure enjoy getting "back to" the week and normal eating... you'd think I'd just go ahead and do it on weekends too! That's what I'm going to attack in Sept.... yea, that's it!
Please pray for me

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:42 pm

Renew...

You're down 20 lbs!!! YEAHHHH.....congratuations!!!! That's a wonderful accomplishment! That's 4 BAGS of flour! Just imagine carrying 4 bags of flour around every day. You've done great!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:54 pm

Yea Janie, or a huge Thanksgiving turkey!!! Woohoo!

I'm so motivated that I plan on doing double, yes double greens all week through Friday. Thanks Emily for your quiet vote of confidence. :wink: I'm also thinking about trying to take 3 s-events a week instead of my Sunday S day. I know that when I plan whole S days I go hog wild, and this might help out my weekends. I'm concentrating on my rollercoaster weekends this September and need all the help I can get. Telling myself that I will just have 3 s events on Sunday didn't work before, but I could try again... Any thoughts anyone?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm

That's good because motivation is the no. 1 thing you need to have to lose weight. You must not be in SHORT
SUPPLY. ;-)

I'll be very curious to see your progress in the next few months. (Woo hoo !)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I also just noticed that I'm on day 16 of the 21. That will be another little goal. I had a mild weekend, and so I'm off to a great start as far as the scale goes... should be down by the end of the week. :D
Please pray for me

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:13 am

So happy for you! Keep going!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 am

You're doing great!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks guys... that means a lot when you come on here and see others' support!!!!!!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 am

I'm giving great effort this week and feeling great!

I'm planning to adjust my thinking of S days. I've re-read and listened to the S days gone wild pod cast and taken notes and I'm going to make a master plan for this weekend. I'll update here when I figure it out. :wink:

Edit: I think I've got it! I am going to:
- pre-plan S events... one desert daily, 1-2 snacks daily, popcorn Sunday eve.
- still do the 1 plate thing
- put the S on a plate of its own
- make the event as fancy as I dare without looking rediculous
- sit down and enjoy!!!

So, that's my big plan. We'll see how it goes.
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 am

reneew,
Be careful --- It's the S Days that make perfect N Days possible. Remember blueskighs' advice -- "Keep the N Days green, and the S Days take care of themselves."
Kathleen

BELOW IS FROM BLUESKIGHS' LAST POST ON HER BLOGSPOT:

I have decided that I have come to the end of my NO S Diet blog journey. I have kept my N days green for nine plus months and built a very strong foundation of habit that got me through the holidays. I have grown tremendously in this past nine months and my passions are moving onto other areas of my life. These other things are where I want to focus in 2009.

I am so glad that I used the majority of 2008 to build my habit. If I have anything to say as a result of my NO S Diet journey thus far, it is take the time and make the commitment to build a period of solid green N days.

That will do more to alter your internal eating cues than you can imagine. It was very hard in the beginning. It was ESPECIALLY hard to stop on mondays in the beginning. But after a few months I am actually glad when Mondays roll around.

I am so THRILLED that losing weight is not one of my new year's resolutions in 2009. The only related resolution I have is to continue building my NO S habit!

Here's to actually living life!
Happy New Year!
Posted by Blueskighs at 8:31 PM

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Thank you for that Kathleen. I needed to hear that. That's true. I'm now thinking that what I need to do is to just take Saturday as an S plain and simple... then Sunday will be a preplanned lowercase s day with s events. I was kinda dreading giving up my capitol S. I tried once in a whole to only have 1 S day like you, Kathleen, but its hard! I am doing so so good now that school has started again that I need to have a happy medium on the weekends.

Oh by the way... I've lost 3 pounds this week!!!
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:17 pm

reneew,
That's great about losing 3 pounds, but remember that it's permanent weight loss rather than immediate weight loss that is the big prize. If you ever are struggling, look back at blueskighs' posts.
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 pm

I have an ongoing saga with my scale... long story short... The kids ruined 2 since October (one toilet flood zapped it and one scented oil spill on the screen and made it unreadable) so I bought a nice digital one that has memory (which I didn't want) but I don't use that part. I also used to struggle with scale abuse and weighed several times a day. I then tried to kick that for 2 weeks and gained quite a bit just weighing on Fridays. I have now come upon a solution that is working with me instead of against me. I weigh morning and night because it keeps me focused and I immediately write it on a calendar in the bathroom. I record the final weight once a month on the last Friday of the month (my lowest time of week) on my daily check in page 1. I then can see the daily and last week comparison and it gives me tremendous encouragement! I feel things turning around since doing that. Marc weighed unofficially every day and that is why I started to. I like to copy successful people.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:35 pm

WTG Renee :D :D :D Way cool 8) 8) 8) 8) Have a good weekend, enjoy a few treats and I'm hoping for good things (for you) next week :!: :!:
Last edited by ~emilyr on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Crud! I just remembered that this is a 3 day weekend and we will probably be having company... twice! I'd better plan one for Sunday. I could take Monday (Labor Day) as an S day. Hmmm.... more thinkng to do. If I could just spend 5 months in solitary confinement I'd be thin. :roll:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Well... I did 3 S days for the long weekend. I'm officially up 5, but that's normal for a 2 day weekend so I guess not so bad. I'm back to double green this week if I can. Hubby has 2 days off and he eats deserts anytime. :roll:
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 pm

reneew,

Like you, I have weighed myself more than once a day. I've got a record of weight back to November, 2005, with averages for the month since then and averages for each week since last September.

My scale broke last month. Honestly, it was like having a noose taken off my neck. Not only did I have the scale but I spent more than $100 on a carrying case for the scale, something that is used by medical professionals making home visits to weigh people. I used the carrying case so that I could take the scale with me on trips.

Well, I just now interrupted my post to you to go find the carrying case and take it down to the garbage can in the garage. Gone.

Tracking weight fluctuations, especially on No S, makes for a lot of volatility since it can be expected weight will go up on the weekend.

I'm done with that.

Originally, I thought there was no harm in weighing myself as long as I followed No S. Now I think there's actual harm, since it can be a distraction from forming the habits of no snacks, sweets, or seconds during the week. You are judging your success not only by the habit tracking but also by the number on the scale. You are using two measures rather than one to measure your success.

Consider ending the long saga with the scale. I'll go weigh myself once per month at the gym. That's enough. I ended my saga. It feels great.

Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Kathleen, good going on tossing the carry case! That probably was a little over the top... taking it along. :wink: I have limited myself to weighing 2 X a day and it doesn't bother me at all during the day like it used to. I always hit a plateau when I get to a certain weight and I have for years. Weighing twice a day is getting me past that plateau and I'm now loosing again. I need to keep doing what I'm doing because it gives me great incentive to continue to stay strong in doing those new habits. When I don't weigh, I loose my incentive and all of my days are red. I've tried it twice when my scales busted. Thanks for your input and I hope you're finding what works for you.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:44 pm

After reading about Thalia loosing 10% of her weight... I've figured that I'm exactly at 10% lost too! Woohoo!
Please pray for me

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Yaaaay! Me too :) It's great!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Reneew,

I've always gained weight when I've stopped weighing myself, so it's really scary to give up the scale. I think that intellectually it's the right move because weighing myself has distracted myself from just following the No S habits. Have I found the answer for me? I don't know. Time will tell. All I can say is it's scary to give up that scale.

I'll be following your story to see how things turn out for you, but I think that it was definitely over the top for me to be carrying a scale to public bathrooms at state park campgrounds!

Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Kathleen wrote:I think that it was definitely over the top for me to be carrying a scale to public bathrooms at state park campgrounds!

Kathleen
Ha... I can see it now. But you know what's just as bad? Taking off jewelery and spitting for good measure before you weigh... :roll: I've done that. HA! The things we do... its all mental garbage.
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm

reneew,

Ha. Ha. I wear a retainer at night. It ALWAYS came out before I weighed myself. I would stand on that thing and get off up to 20 times if I didn't get a weight I liked. The reason why I liked the scale so much is that the variance in weight was no more than 1/2 pound. It makes me laugh right now to think of all the time I have spent in the bathroom standing on the scale. Done. Done. Done!

But -- in the back of my mind, I wonder: Is the weight loss done as well?

Time will tell!

Kathleen

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi Rene and Kathleen!
I just had to chime in here about the retainer story..
That is hilarious!!!!
Don't worry Kathleen, just keep tabs on a scale somewhere at least a few times a month.. I really recommend keeping a tape measure as well.
I've really not missed my scale in the apartment, and I'm not checking repeatedly as I used to.
Remember, you are the one doing the work losing weight.. The scale itself doesn't make you lose, so just stick to your habits and exercise a bit daily.. You will keep losing weight. You've done great this far!! Don't worry :)
8) Debs xx
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness