BizzyBee X 2

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bizzybee

BizzyBee X 2

Post by bizzybee » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:39 pm

I decided I wanted a new topic thread to keep track in, all my hits and misses in the old one were bringing me down a little.

So, I am actually on day 3 today, trying not to make a mess of the S.

B- crustless quiche and whole grain toast with butter

L- ?

D- ?

yeah not much is known but it is nice that today I can't screw it up.

bizzybee

Day 5

Post by bizzybee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:41 pm

yay day 5.

I had a great weekend. I baked some goodies and made a beautiful panzanella... raked some leaves etc.

I woke up hungry.

I had a nice breakfast, blueberry smoothie and a bowl of ezekiel cereal which carried me through water aerobics and then just as I started to get ravenous lunch arrived, a lamb gyro and some bean salad.

Dinner tonight is chicken marsala, mashed potatoes and waldorf salad

I might have a sugar free hot chocolate before bed.

This week's danger Will Robinson area is Thursday night, DH and I are going to see a favorite singer and have dinner before hand. The Singer is performing in a bar, so while I don't want to make it an NWS day, I am going to feel deprived of beer and I had made a no alcohol on N days deal with myself. Guess I need to work that out ahead of time.

This weekend is girl's weekend away in Highland's NC. I am purposefully going down on Saturday instead of Friday and my struggle is going to be keeping my weekend idiot proof. They are a skinny bunch of girls but boy can they eat. At least we do a lot of hiking and it is all hills.
Last edited by bizzybee on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bizzybee

Day 6

Post by bizzybee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Feeling strong,

b- egg+ ham on english muffin, 1/2 grapefruit. latte

L- salad, minestrone soup, waldorf

d- salmon, brown rice broccoli

bizzybee

I'm back again

Post by bizzybee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 pm

I think this makes my 312 attempt at No S.

I am trying to focus on habit over food this time, so no menus. I am planning out dinner ahead of time but breakfast and lunch are whatever I feel like.

I am on day 2

Day 1 was a success and so far so good today.

I forgot what it feels like to be hungry. I am hungry before each meal now and a little peckish at bedtime.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm

day 1- Success
day 2- Success

walked this morning and did circuit training after I dropped off the kids.
Unfortunately, I twisted my ankle, so I am elevating and icing in hopes of it remaining walkable and not too bad. I have pilates tomorrow, yay mat exercises.

Last night I was hungry at bedtime had a bottle of no sugar added yogurt smoothie. But pre-dinner I was just fine, grilled cheese sandwich and soup stuck with me from lunch.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Just noting for myself that today has been really really hard. I have quite literally been inches away from my mouth and put down the snack twice.

The ankle-pain thing and first of day of school and feeling a bit lonely are making me really really want food.

But now I'm an hour away from dinner and there is no way I am messing it up after exercising my will power muscle all day. I have Italian chicken and potatoes with homemade wheat bread baking away. It may be a largish serving tonight but that's OK.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Good for you! :D
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks for stopping by Deb!

So let's see Day 3 was a FAilure, it was the smell of fresh baked bread, it undid me, fairly stupid 10 minutes before dinner after an entire day of resisting.

Then Day 4 was a success and I am feeling pretty confident about today.
I have turkey sausage peppers and onions roasting to put in Calzones, it smells wonderful.

My ankle is getting better, I think I'll be back at the exercise on Monday.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Here to report Day 5-7 are green.

The weekend was not over indulgent. I drank a little on Saturday and snacked a bit on Sunday.

I am still laid up with my swollen ankle but remembered deep water aerobics at the pool and will try to get there 3X this week.

I had raisin bran/milk and some cottage cheese for breakfast. Lunch will be am omelet and piece of oatmeal creme brulee. It is a healthy baked oatmeal, not sweet. Dinner is in the crockpot, black beans on one side and chicken taco mix on the other, I'll make some rice and serve taco fixings.

I am going to do an experiment this week and try to photograph a bunch of my meals and post them to my blog. I think I'll start at lunch today.
Oh Blog URL is- http://delinquentdieter.blogspot.com/

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Ok so this past week was not wonderful, it was stressful and I just didn't have my habits and skills in place to get through it without bingey food behavior to cope.

Today, however, has been a great S day. I ate healthy food in reasonable portions, enjoyed a chai latte and an oatmeal muffin for a snack and may have popcorn and watch a terrible disaster movie later.

I also did lots of prep cooking for the week. I made a veggie taco soup for lunches and spinach and egg breakfast cups as well as emergency apple and oatmeal muffins.

bizzybee

Fail, sweet

Post by bizzybee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 am

Food today end of day round up

one spinach and egg cup pre-workout, 2 pieces of toast with PB, greek yogurt. I came home from working out and my 9 year old had made me breakfast, so I ended up eating PB toast I hadn't planned on. He had put flowers on the table, I couldn't disappoint him, and the greek yogurt was a good pick, one piece of PB toast would have been a better choice though.

pineapple chunks, ham and cheese sandwich and soup, 2 kashi chocolate chip cookies, oy...

invented pasta- whole wheat fusili with a spinach and ricotta topping and a pesto cream sauce, all made healthy and low fat, also glass of 1% milk

I should not have eaten the kashi cookies. I put them on my lunch plate and they are more veggie than sweet (DH says they remind him of artichokes), but chocolate is an S day food.

I am exhausted right now and head achey, first workout in almost two weeks has left me body-achey as well. Tomorrow I hit the pool for an exhausting aerobics class. I need the cardio without the ankle impact of my usual.

But honestly I feel like I did pretty well today, I was close and the food I picked was healthy and filling.

I have taken some tylenol and am about to have a cup of decaf and tackle the dishes. My refrigerator overflows with all this food I've been making, oatmeal, soups, pastas, eggy things, muffins. But, I LOVED watching my kids dig into steel cut oats with apples and egg and spinach "muffins" this morning. And they have already called leftovers from tonight for hot lunches tomorrow. I really groove on feeding my brood.

bizzybee

Wednesday

Post by bizzybee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Perfect weather today, if it could be sunny, low humidity, slight breeze and a high of 70 every day... well that would be boring.

Breakfast was so good this morning. I make steel cut oats in the crock pot. I peeled and sliced 4 apples into it as well as various apple pie spices, evaporated milk and water, a little maple syrup and some splenda to taste. I made 3 quarts of oatmeal. Yes, really. Amazingly delicious and filling right till lunch time and plenty left for more cool mornings this week.

Lunch was a successful pick at the healthy Mexican place. A high fiber pita stuffed with a chipotle chicken salad, lots of greens and the chips that came on the plate.

I am thinking about a cup of tea in a few minutes while I prep my super turkey burgers and 3 bean salad.

I feel strong today. I wasn't able to work out and have called to make an appointment with my chiropractor. My ankle has been about the same for 4 or 5 days and seems a little worse today, faster to hurt and swell.

Tomorrow I have a mat pilates class I can totally do though.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Buzzbee....I just stopped by to say, "You're doing great!" I know the feeling of starting NoS at least 312 times....and that can be discouraging, but you're doing exactly what you should be doing...you're moving on! Every day you succeed is another day of health...another day closer to when you'll not even remember what it's like to have to start over! Sometimes I see my years & years & YEARS of bad habits in a big bucket and every time I have a good day, I can take one of those bad days out and throw them away. One of these days I'll be balanced and that bucket will be empty. Okay...so I'm a visual kinda person! :)

Anyway...you're doing great...hang in there!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 am

How do you keep your leftover oatmeal? Or does it all get eaten within a few days?

Also, what is your recipe for the spinach muffins? They sound interesting. :)
5'9 -- Laura --

Started July 23, 2009 -- 246.6
Restart: June 13, 2010 - 241.6
July 18, 2010 -- 235 .... - 11.6 lb loss in ~1 yr.
Back Again: January 13, 2012 -- 242.2 lbs

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 am

Hey, thanks for stopping by and offering encouragement, I read everyone's check in threads and I need to start posting as well. I always feel like I'm bothering people in their own journal even though I KNOW that is not how it feels at all.

On oatmeal, I keep it in tupperware in the fridge, it keeps for 5 days or so, maybe longer. We just nuke what we want. I'll have to dig up the recipe for the spinach and egg cups.

I am doing so well here. I don't know why, but I sort of relaxed about everything and now I just focus on life and not on food, 3 meals happen. I think about eating when I get hungry and while I'm preparing food but that's about it. Yesterday was kind of tough, ate too little for breakfast and lunch then ended up in a bakery at 4:00 with my DD, we ended up grabbing those Odwalla fruit juices and she bought a peanut butter cookie. I really wasn't even tempted to have a sweet. I drank some mango tango and that carried me through till dinner.
I'm not weighing myself really. I will weigh in at my gym and have them do measurements around the first of the month. That way it's not really in my hands. I have found that the scale can have bizarre effects on my motivation.
I am beginning to see this as a multi-year process. Some weeks will be excellent, lots of exercise really good food choices and others will be hard weeks when life gets in the way and there will be fast food and missed workouts and sick days and injuries. But as long as I have this structure, that's all allowed for.

Today is already a little challenging. I woke up at 4AM. I have no idea why. I think it was a cricket in the house that roused me. So, I am taking a friend to breakfast for her Birthday at 9:30. 5 1/2 hours is a long time to go without food. My plan is to have some coffee with milk and a little later, a yogurt drink. Its not ideal, but as long as its not a solid and its low sugar I think I'm within the law.

I have an "in case of emergency" plan for the afternoons that I have not had to use yet. If I am so hungry that I know I can not make it, or dinner will be really late I can have an Alba shake. My reasoning is that I have them in the cabinet leftover from WW days, they are sugar free and low calorie but blend up into a deceptively thick and pleasing milkshake consistency, they have some fiber and calcium and protein especially when made with milk, so they aren't an empty food. And I don't love them, so I'm not coming up with excuses to drink them. Its nice to have that default in mind. There is always the shake if I need it. maybe I never will.

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:27 pm

That sounds like a good emergency food to have - something you don't *really* like, but know that it is something you can have if the need arises.
5'9 -- Laura --

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:49 pm

You know what's interesting? The WHEN of feeling strong and feeling weak and what, heretofore, unknown situations pushes those feeling to the front.

Today for instance, feeling good, feeling strong then after a fast food lunch (which is allowable) I had to run errands with one very talkative 9 year old. All he talks about are his inventions. We had to go to the hardware store, so he talked non-stop about the wood he wanted but I was not purchasing, and could he please have half a truck, just the back end. And, I could not find fruit fly traps, or the right size basket for my sink drain and two stores were out of homeopathic flu medicine, and I started feeling like I really could use a snickers bar.
I didn't get it, I went to a third store, a little off the beaten track, and found the meds and bought a high end diet root beer in a glass bottle. I also bought the boy a trading card game with little round robots to throw and yell things at (don't ask, it is totally unexplainable) and it was a bit pricey and I felt guilty about it. That made me want candy even more. I came home and my darling made me take a nap, now I feel right as rain, cravings seem to have abated. Kids have finished their homework and tonight is leftovers night so it's like a plate full of snacks anyway! So, I don't know what button got pushed, the last 2 days have been fairly easy, hunger on occasion, but no cravings. Seems like I felt frustrated and wanted to treat myself.
Right now I am SO glad that I came home sans snickers.

bizzybee

trucking along- Sunday edition

Post by bizzybee » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 pm

So, Thursday I had to fire someone who had been my best friend for years but we should never have hired. It was AWFUL. The combination of feeling angry and taken advantage of and the sadness for a friendship gone never to return.
So, I caved and while maybe I can virtually plate a bowl of frosted shredded wheat, a serving of trail mix and a handful of popcorn and call it lunch... I was snacking. So, red day. And they served me real coke at dinner and I drank it rather than send it back and demand a diet coke.

Friday, I got back on the horse, and had 3 largish meals. Too much eating out this week for sure, I need to step that back to twice a week. But work was full of relief on Friday and it was even a little exciting to make new plans and fold some of her work into my schedule etc, get her giant computer for myself. Yes, my employees have better computers to work on than I do.

Yesterday was 3 meals + an apple and a brownie, totally non-idiot.
Today, I am planning 3 meals and some nutella on my toast and some red wine after dinner.

I have been watching a TV program called "cook yourself thin", where they make lighter versions of popular comfort foods and really emphasize technique and quality of ingredients. I have pulled down probably 12 recipes from the lifetime television website. I've made a couple as well and they have been really excellent. Healthy stuffed potato skins were a big hit, as was the pasta bake with white beans, sausage and broccoli. They are not typical diet food, they are often around 500 calories a serving, This works for me because I need to have substantial dinners but want them to be healthy as well, healthy not always equaling low calorie.

So I have a dinner plan for the next 7 days and should try to get the grocery shopping done today. Tonight we are finishing up leftovers with a big salad and I may bake some chicken breasts as well, for dinner and to add to salads at lunches this week. I am enjoying not journaling my daily food right now. But I wonder if I should make note of it somewhere at the end of the day, so not plan it, but record it. This week was a fairly good one but I had several fast food events, I might like to know that if I don't lose anything for a while as I seem to have selective amnesia.

yesterday- bagel and light cream cheese, Hardees burger, fries and diet coke, spanakopita casserole (phyllo sheets, spinach, mushrooms, onions, whole milk, mozzarella and parm) apple and a brownie

bizzybee

S day reporting

Post by bizzybee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 am

Sunday
2 pieces of toast with nutella
cottage cheese

healthy sloppy Joe mix on WW sandwich thin, peach yogurt

Leftovers round-up
One polenta round, one chicken tender, one serving of green salad, sliced kiwi, 1/2 portion of Spanakopita casserole.

One brownie

bizzybee

Monday

Post by bizzybee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 am

I woke up nervous and a little hungry. I'm not sure what either of those things are about. I'll plan a big breakfast.

I had another non-idiot weekend. They do seems to be getting easier. I feel less need to blow it up just because I can.

Today, I am doing a lot of work and then ferrying kids to Scouts and play rehearsals and there is an Open house in there as well.
It's week six since I twisted my ankle and I am still limping around, so back to the chiropractor today and then the traditional doctor if he can't offer me a strategy to rehab it. I've had bad sprains that have resolved faster than this.

Well I am putting out my intention to the universe to have a green week, I hope to get 3 days of exercise in as well. The ankle has messed up that habitcal for the month.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Yesterday's food was
hot ezekiel cereal with blueberries, low fat milk and maple syrup

chinese take out, one plate

Burger King - whopper, small onion rings and a diet coke

It was a poor eating day, too much fast food these last couple of weeks.

I'm officially off it.

Today I am planning healthier stuff, apple, greek yogurt and ezekiel toast for breakfast,

turkey and cheese wrap and broccoli bean soup

roast chicken with butternut squash and broccoli

The chiropractor thinks I have fractured my foot and thinks I need a compression boot and to stay off it for two weeks. No working out or anything else.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Just posting to note that Dh announced he's under 160 again. Since we don't snack together at night and he doesn't like to eat alone... He was already pretty slim and is now back to college weight. So, No-S by proxy is working for him I suppose.

For me, meh, I had a red day yesterday. I'm not entirely sure why, only that it happened. I need to focus in today on keeping busy and not snacking.

It's book club night, I'll eat before I go and have a decaf tea instead of dessert.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Friday check in
It was a pretty good week. I managed to curtail the junk food meals a bit.
I had a nice lunch today a roasted vegetable pita with cheese and a pumpkin beer. It was melty and delicious and now it is 7:00 and I am still not remotely hungry. I did make the kids dinner so its there if or when I become hungry, but will most likely be lunch tomorrow.

Actually, I'm having a glass of wine and contemplating a cheese and crackers and apple plate for "dinner", any excuse to eat those honey crisps.

I have no real craving to satisfy this weekend, maybe some ice cream. IDK.
It's pretty relaxed around here, no big plans.

I finally went to see the Dr. about my ankle, I have a torn ligament, and a snazzy boot to wear for 6 weeks, also industrial strength anti-inflammatory meds. No working out for right now, but I can get back in the pool in a couple of weeks for water aerobics. Also, I lost 6 pounds since Mid-August.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:33 pm

S-day reporting-
non-idiotic

Yesterday was shredded wheat for breakfast, an apple with PB and cheese crackers for lunch and Pumpkin French toast with bacon for dinner (actually a pretty healthy interpretation) I also had some popcorn at the movies and an Entemann's plain cake donut.

Today started with Greek yogurt with Blueberries and 2 slices of Ezekiel toast, green chili enchiladas leftovers for lunch and Eating Well's Lasagna recipe for dinner. I might have a small cup of ice cream after dinner.

I have dinners planned out for the week
Monday Cub Scouts and leftovers
Tuesday- bacon vegetable Frittata
Wednesday - Arctic Char on a bed of Kale with Mashed root vegetables
Thursday- soup and salad (soup is broccoli and white bean, salad will be roasted beets, walnuts and sliced apples with chevre)
Friday- chicken with peanut noodles and veggies
Saturday - make your own Pizza

bizzybee

Friday

Post by bizzybee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Reporting in with a good moment.

Today I was standing at a cash register with my husband and he saw me staring longingly at a bag a Jelly bellies. He tried to buy them for me and I said "No, it's Friday and Friday doesn't start with S." then he said, "Well you can have them tomorrow." I replied, "if I still want them tomorrow I will come out and find them, it might be a passing want."

For me, that's a big step, to understand that wants and desires and cravings pass, and that I can delay gratification without fear.

I have had pretty good days this week. Very busy, but no snacking really and I think one after dinner sweet slip-up. As a former binge eater, these weeks of moderation feel like a gift, even when they are not perfect.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:08 pm

That's cool!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:42 am

S-day reporting
Saturday

eggs with veggies

leftover spaghetti with meat sauce and a kashi granola bar

a ginger chew

1/2 rack of ribs, sweet potato, coleslaw and garlic bread followed by blackberry cobbler, unsweetened tea

one oatmeal porter

I'm stuffed, truly.

Nothing planned for tomorrow, indulgence-wise.

Sunday
one egg on an english muffin

turkey burger with cheddar on a sandwich thin
one pear

snack- 1/2 cup of chocolate espresso trail mix
chai latte with splenda

chicken tenderloins, butternut squash risotto and steamed broccoli

bizzybee

Sunday stylings

Post by bizzybee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Yikes, I think I'm getting a cold. DD is passed out in bed. I got her from a sleep over and she said she wasn't feeling well, asleep for 3 hours now.

So, I'm on October 4th and still green!
I have dinners planned and groceries bought.
Dinners this week;
Sunday- chicken tenderloins, butternut squash risotto, broccoli
Monday- sausage and cornbread, greens and pintos, corn, zucchini, onion saute
Tuesday- mexican lasagna (make bread for teachers)
Wednesday- soup and sandwich night
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- crock pot brown sugar chicken, brown rice & baked egg rolls
Saturday - Birthday
Sunday - healthy potato skins, thin pork chops & big salad

OK more vitamin C and elderberry

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:23 am

Hope you and your daughter feeling better soon!
5'9 -- Laura --

bizzybee

YAWN

Post by bizzybee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Its Tuesday evening and I am finished with eating opportunities for the day. It was a good day... albeit rather Mexican inspired.

Ezekiel english muffin and greek yogurt with blueberries

Ate at a new to me place, across from new office
Quesadilla - that contained whole wheat tortilla, cheese, pesto, black beans, kale and plantains. I know it sounds weird but OMG, it was delish.

Mexi-lasagna for dinner, a Rachel Ray recipe, ground chicken, low carb tortillas, Cabot reduced fat cheddar, very filling. I also made succotash with end of garden offerings and fresh corn. It was fast prep dinner, under 30 to table.

I also had a skim au lait today and one beer.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Wednesday- checking in

I just finished lunch, it is a half day so I have the kids home for the afternoon. I am anticipating feeling snacky later this afternoon. Something about being stuck at home. So, I am eating a big satisfying lunch, grilled cheese, tomato soup with goldfish and a sliced apple. I can have a chai latte later as well.

Dinner is going to be a skillet beef stroganoff over whole wheat egg noodles.

Yesterday was great, hoping today will be as well.

bizzybee

Still kicking around

Post by bizzybee » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I was on vacation for 10 days and took them all as S days. I know!!
But I'm back now and on day 4 of the good ol vanilla style No S. It seems like its a whole lot easier to get back on the wagon when you haven't been off it long.

I am trying to make fairly healthy choices this week especially as the week previous there was a lot of french fries and fried seafood, so, when I can I am eating super good for me stuff.

OK, off to make a healthy pot luck dish for Cub Scouts and have some tea, it's chilly out there today!

Oh, also, my ankle is about 95% healed now, I'm able to walk again and go to the gym.

bizzybee

Hello again

Post by bizzybee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:32 pm

So, lets see. I drifted for about 3 weeks after my last post and then joined weight watchers the week before Thanksgiving. Almost 4 months later I've lost about 15 pounds and I am growing really tired of points and the very slow rate of loss. Exercise has been good, I belong to two gyms and I received EA sports active for the Wii, for Christmas, I'm on my second 30 day challenge and it is tough. I've been consistent with 4-6 days a week for months.

I have been reading a lot about intuitive and instinctive eating and I am still trying to figure out how to lose 70 more pounds and keep it off forever without being a slave to points, calories and the gym. Maybe it isn't possible. But I need a break from counting points or I am going to scrap the whole thing and binge. So I'm here at NoS as it is a safe place for me to re-evaluate.

WW- I like the meetings, the common sense advice and I NEED the accountability of being weighed once a week. I also like their Core (now called filling foods) plan, but it doesn't work with food outside my house well. And in the end what I like about it is that I don't have to count anything with it and I feel good eating whole foods. Lesson learned.

South beach and every other low glycemic plan - I love losing weight quickly, who doesn't? But these are not livable for me. I have incorporated lower carb higher protein breakfast into my every day though, it's great to not be hungry for hours and have tons of morning energy. Lesson Learned (LoL - except this morning 2 muffins and cottage cheese with fruit)

NoS- The serenity, not having to think about food constantly but know that I am on plan, the structure, learning to be hungry and sit with it, how good food tastes when I am that hungry. But the drawbacks for me are, extremely slow to no loss and inevitable impatience leads to tweaks, leads to failure. Lesson being learned?

I don't know what the answer is, but I am here, bigger than when i first joined several years back, smaller than I was a few months ago, on Day 3 of NoS.

S -day
B- whole wheat banana walnut muffins (2)
coffee with skim and splenda
1/2 cup of white rabbit salad

L- vegetable chowder and turkey sandwich on ezekiel bread

D- Fundraiser benefit dinner, no alcohol available but I've heard tales of a dessert bar.

bizzybee

One stomach flu away from my perfect size.

Post by bizzybee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Ugh. The stomach flu hit my family hard. We hadn't had a gastroenteritis event in many years, my kids don't remember ever throwing up before. So I'm finally eating normally again, trying to get back in the 3 meals swing of things, hoping I can workout tomorrow.

In good news I'm seeing the 220s for the first time in... a very long time.

B- oatmeal + banana

L- homemade minestrone, 1/2 PB sandwich and an apple

D- lean meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach

I also may have a chai latte in a little while.

below is my brain dump----

I went into the week completely stocked on groceries to make 7 healthy dinners. No one has been eating so I need to jump in and make some dinners to freeze or lose all the meat and veggies I bought. Tonight I am making 2 meatloaves and a double batch of mashed potatoes to freeze. Tomorrow I'll make tamale pie to freeze and creamy sage polenta with italian white beans for dinner. Friday is supposed to be turkey burgers and sweet potato oven fries. That leaves me with fish that I'll freeze and Country Captain Chicken to make on Saturday and Pizza casserole on Sunday. I also have two bags of salad and 2 bags of spinach. And apples! like 12 apples.

Ok off to do more laundry - so many sheets and towels...