Floridagirl's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Floridagirl

Floridagirl's check-in

Post by Floridagirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:24 pm

:roll:
Well I have been using the NoS diet since Oct 30th. My GREAT sister- howfunisthat got me started. Since I started I have had the total knee replacement on my left knee revised. I also have a 5 month old total replecement on my right knee. Obviously both of these issues as well as my diabetes and hypertension will be helped by weight loss. I am just like all of you out there and I have tried many other diets. I just could not see myself staying on the diets the rest of my life. My husband is retired and we moved to Florida to have fun. This system was hard for the first 2 weeks or so but now it is not so bad- I CAN do this. My clothes are getting loose and I feel GREAT!!!!I have started this topic because I realize the value of checking in and I also know that we can help each other. I have lots to loose but I know this will not happen overnight. I have weighed within 20 pounds of my current weight for 16 years.

Keep it up and hang in there

Floridagirl

Post by Floridagirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Sorry about the mistake-- I started Oct 6th after my 2 sisters and I came back from a "sister's week" in Vermont.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 am

Hey there!!!! How fun to see you post! I'm so proud of you! Green days & loose clothes...now THAT'S exciting! Just wait until the next vacation we take together....you'll need new clothes!!!!

Love you Sis...janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Floridagirl

New day

Post by Floridagirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:33 pm

It is a good thing that today is a new day. Yesterday I went shopping for the first time since my most recent knee surgery. When we got home our neighbors invited us out for ice cream in the evening to celebrate a birthday. This is part of the reason we moved to Florida when my husband retired- to make friends and have fun. Oh well! I know this is not in the rule book but I traded dinner for a chocolate sunday. It was good too!! I am just glad that everyday is a new one. :oops:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:06 am

Floridagirl,

Welcome! How's it going these past few days? That is wonderful both you and your sister are doing this and can understand and support one another. I've been nosing for almost eight months and have found it to be life changing and transformative ... whoops! now I am being redundant :D

Look forward to hearing more about you and your journey,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Floridagirl

Hello from Florida

Post by Floridagirl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Well I was not so very good over Thanksgiving. My three kids and my son's wife and my daughter's boyfriend were all here with us in our 1500 sq ft house. Crowded- noisey and WONDERFUL. We had a great time and My husband and I took all of them to Epcot as an early Christmas present. We went to the Beer Garden at the German pavilion!!! That is why I love NoSing so much. I had a great time- I was sensible not CRAZY! and I restarted again the following Monday. I think the holidays are going to be hard as we live in a retirement community and there are lots of parties and just evenings with friends to paly games and cards. That is what we are here for and we LOVE it. I would like to just stay on an even keel for the holidays and begin in earnest again Jan1st. BUT then there is the cruise in Jan. Life is short and I will just set some rules and be raesonable.
I hope everyone has a blessed and safe Christmas.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Floridagirl,

good to hear from you and sounds like you are having a lot of FUN! That is definitely the best way to spend the holidays :wink:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Floridagirl

Post by Floridagirl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Well here I am again. Starting over. First there was Christmas and New Year's and the :roll: n came the Caribbean cruise. I am just going to start again as if I did not fall off the wagon.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:49 pm

You're gonna do great...I just know it!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...