Whisper2701 Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

whisper2701

Whisper2701 Check In

Post by whisper2701 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:29 am

I've been trying to do the No S Diet for several weeks now but have not been very consistent. I really feel that the No S Diet is just what I've been looking for to help me overcome my obsession with food. I'm tired of all the exhausted wasted time I've spent contemplating what I should or shouldn't eat.

I hope to complete 21 consecutive days. I'm on the starting line and I'm not looking back!

Day 2 - December 9, 2008 - Success :D

Meal 1: Done
Meal 2: Done
Meal 3: Done
No Snacks: Done
No Seconds: Done

Feeling better just after two days.

Linda

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:16 am

Linda,

it is amazing how much difference two committed days can make! YAY YOU!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Linda,

Welcome! This is the place to heal from food obsessions....just hang in there & you'll find yourself being amazed at the changes. I know I have been.

Check out these two threads....they are both really encouraging...

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3998

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4356

Welcome again,
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am

No S Day

Day 3 - Successful :D

No Sweets: Done

Thanks Blueskighs and Janie for your encouragement!! It really helps!

I'm feeling so much more committed since I decided to post a daily check-in.

I,m just concentrating on establishing the habit of 3 meals a day with no snacks, no sweets and no seconds. If I need to make adjustments to what I'm eating I will deal with that latter. I'm not going to weigh myself for awhile, I'm more interested in getting over my obsession with food and to try and train myself to stop using food as a way to deal with my emotions.

Linda

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 am

No S Day

Day 4 - Successful :D

Exercise - Week 1 Day 1 C25K: Done

The desire was strong today to do some stress eating outside of one of my three meals but I talked myself out of it. :D :D

I'm noticing increased energy already! Not weighed down with food issues. Loving It!

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:14 am

December 12, 2008

NoS Day

Day 5: Success :D :D

Husband suggested after dinner that we get something sweet - I immediately said it is a No S Day. So we didn't get anything sweet. I was pleased with myself.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 am

I immediately said it is a No S Day. So we didn't get anything sweet. I was pleased with myself.

Linda,
that is wonderful!
Blueskighs

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Well done Linda! These first days are tough, but when you hang in there & feel those successes, it'll confirm what you already figured out...this is exactly the right way to make changes on the inside that will completely change your way of eating.

Good job on the 5 days of success!!

janie

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Thanks Blueskighs and Janie for your words of encouragment!!

December 13 & 14, 2008 - S Days

Looking back over the past weekend I realize I need to maybe make some adjustments to how I handle S Days. Allowing snacking on S days opens up for me issues I have with using food for comfort. I'm not saying I'm going to eliminate snacking but I just need to be more aware if I really need a snack. I think I can handle the sweets and seconds, it is just the snacking that seems to bring a feeling of being out of control and negative emotions.

I'm going to have to be more selective as to what I choose to snack with on S Days. I should try to keep to the 3meals a day and allow sweets and seconds just be really careful with snacking in between the three meals. I guess I'll just have to experiment with this, I definitely do not want my S Days to get out of control.

But it is Monday and I'm back to the start of a No S Week!
Linda

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:56 pm

No S Day

Day 8: Success

Really glad to get back to the structure of the No S Day. What a surprise!
Linda

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 pm

I've had some problems with "S" days over the past two months & have just decided that I need more structure. I don't want to change the plan, but I was just grazing and by Monday I was fighting feelings of discouragement. I've decided to allow myself one of every "S" on "S" days...one snack, one sweet, and one second. I'm not going to beat myself up if I choose to have two sweet or two snacks...nor am I going to feel deprived if I choose to have none of them...but I needed some goal to reach for on the "S" days & this seems to be working for me. I'm not saying that everyone should do the same...just sharing what seems to be helping me. As you think through the weekends, I'm sure you'll find a plan that helps you with the snacking too...

janie

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks Janie for the advice on S Days! I'm sure I will be doing some of the same things to better control my S Days and see what works.
Thanks again!

December 16, 2008

Day 9
No S Day: Success :D

My boss at work made some fudge and wanted me to try it. I just had one small piece at lunch so I could tell him how delicious his fudge tasted. But even though there was plenty more fudge and sweets left out I did not eat any. So I'm still going to call today a success. I'm sure this will get easier once the holidays are over. No one really brings any sweets into work except at this time of the year.

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:52 am

Day 10

Exercise - C25K Week 1 Day 2: Done

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:03 pm

December 18, 2008

Day 11
3 Meals: Done

I was very pleased that I kept focused today despite some stressfull situations arising and the constent array of sweets put before me. I'm surprised that the sweets really haven't interested me. I tell myself that come Saturday or Sunday I can have something sweet if I really desire. I tell myself if I eat it the enjoyment will only be temporary but the feeling of guilt and regret will last much longer. I just realize that eating the sweet just isn't really worth it.

Linda

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Linda,

I love your insights!

Blueskighs

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Thank you Blueskighs! :D

December 19, 2008

Day 12

NoS Day: Success :D

The more success days I have behind me the easier this becomes. I don't fight with myself as much as in the beginning. The little negative talk just fads away quickier than before. Just really becoming calm about food issues. Feels really good!!

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:47 pm

December 20 & 21, 2008 - S Days :D

These past two S days I tried to be more conscious of what I was eating and try to evaluate whether or not I really wanted something. I tried to ask myself do I really want this or am I eating this sweet or snack just because it is an S day. It really helped me to not going crazy with my eating and in turn I felt so much better for it.

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 pm

December 22, 2008

Day 14 - No S Day: Success :D

Struggling a little bit with temptations and stress but staying focused. Keep telling myself that eating out side of the plan will only add to my stress.

Linda