Crazymom's "ME" time

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

crazymomx4

Crazymom's "ME" time

Post by crazymomx4 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:23 pm

I think I am close to the 21 days... I feel great and ready to start logging my SUCCESS. Thank you for bringing me back to earth. I needed a major wake-up call.

:D

crazymomx4

Post by crazymomx4 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 pm

I wasn't sure what day I joined. It has been actually 21 days today and I was not aware of that until after I created my daily check in. Hip hip hooray..21 days....I have been very successful and so very motivated. No stopping me now.

Tracy

crazymomx4

Post by crazymomx4 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:45 pm

ooops.. i did not account for yesterday but had a great success. Was a very hard day. Family wanted to go to a fish restaurant known for their fried fish. I was dying for it but decided on a broiled fish and it was very good. :o

Today I may treat myself to something sweet. I try not to indulge on s days unless I absolutely cannot help it.....

crazymomx4

Post by crazymomx4 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 am

Today is Monday... I forgot to post yesterday. I had a greeeeeen day. I haven't really missed the snacking which is a major miracle for me. I am working on portion control as well. It is so great how this diet works on the mind set. I love the freedom I have and I have lost 10 lbs and have not denied myself much. Another great thing is that I never drank water like I should. Since joining I am a water drinking machine and I feel 100% better.....Love it.

As for today.. A green day. Success with a capital "S".

Tracy

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Congratulations on such a great start!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Hey Tracy,

That is wonderful. Did you post on the '21 Day Club'?

Resting

crazymomx4

Post by crazymomx4 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:52 am

Thanks Janie and Resting for your replies. It is nice to know someone is out there dealing with the same type of issues and feeling my pain..lol

I had another green success day. It is hard at times at work with all the people around you eating constantly. It is getting better though. I love the fact that I am in control of this part of my life. I love feeling the hunger and being able to deal with it now. I know I will get to eat eventually.

I have not posted to the 21 day club as of yet but I will.

Thanks again

Tracy

crazymomx4

Post by crazymomx4 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 am

Another green day.. Getting a bit easier but sometimes I get impatient and want results fasttttt... I know that I will lose in good time if I just stick to what I am doing and stay strong but patience has never been one of my fine points.

Tracy