Anne- Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

demonic_angel3

Anne- Check In

Post by demonic_angel3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:45 pm

Hmm, this idea seems so simple yet so hard. I have always been a grazer, and addicted to food. My sweet-tooth is definitely my downfall, which is why I decided I needed a change. I am incredibly active and am as addicted to excersize as I am to food. I rock climb competetively, play water polo, and weightlift 4-5 hours a week. I have lots of muscle mass, but I also have this extra layer of fat preventing me from being as toned as I would like. I really think that I just eat too much. Its hard being in college because the dining hall is an all-you-can eat sort of situation. I eat healthy foods, and I haven't eaten meat in 5 years, but I just eat too much of it. I am hoping that this no-s will get me the results I want.
-Anne

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:48 pm

Hi Angel...glad you're here! I agree that college dining is difficult, and I guess even being a vegetarian doesn't help because there is so much fat and sugar hiding in your non-meat dining hall foods. You have taken the right step in beginning the No-S diet. Just be firm but patient with yourself and you will conquer that layer of fat! Keep posting, too, if you can, so we can support you and follow your progress.

demonic_angel3

Post by demonic_angel3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:06 am

Day 1: SUCCESS! . Ok, so it was just day one, and I can't really count breakfast because I found this site after, but other than that everything worked out. I did have a serving size of Peanut Butter for emergency protein recovery after my 2 hour climbing session, but that is unavoidable. PB, or a protein bar a day is just going to have to fit into this schedule for me. Too much excersize and not enough protein...yay for me.
-Anne

demonic_angel3

Post by demonic_angel3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Day 2: SUCCESS!
Breakfast: Special K, Fat Free Yogurt
Post Workout Recovery: Protein Plus Bar
Lunch: Cheese and Broccoli Soup, two pieces toast
Dinner: Oatmeal, Fat Free Yogurt.
Ok, so not the healthiest day, but I wasn't feeling well so I didn't need to eat much (nor did I want to). The good news is that there was no snacking. Sweet. I was drinking lots of juice today. Hopefully this stupid sore throat thing will pass.
-Anne

demonic_angel3

Post by demonic_angel3 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:40 am

DAY 3: SUCCESS!.
Breakfast: Special K Cereal, Fat Free Yogurt
Lunch: Tomato soup, 2 pieces toast
Dinner: Roll, Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Strawberries, veggie sushi, banana and PB
Well, I guess this isn't going so badly so far. Although, it is only day 3. Snacking, surprisingly, has been easier than I thought to avoid. I have been writting a small black and red strike-out "S" on my hand so I have to look at it all day. That seems to work pretty well. Ah, well, just keep trucking...
-Anne

demonic_angel3

Post by demonic_angel3 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:36 am

Day 4: Success! Sweet!
Breakfast: Special K, mini bagel and PB
Workout Recovery: Protein Bar
Lunch: Black bean and veggie wrap
Dinner: Veggie Burger, Protein Shake
It was hard to avoid snacking today! But, I did it! Yay for me. Tomorrow is an S-day and I intend to eat chocolate. Awesome. I hope this will work for me, I haven't weighed my self since I got to school, but I think I gained lots of muscle because I started h20 polo and lifting harder. Hmm, I think I'll guage this by muscle definition.
-Anne