midtownfg's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

midtownfg

midtownfg's daily check-in

Post by midtownfg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 pm

This is my first time posting. I really just need a way to hold myself accountable and to remember what made me mess up. I started the HabitCal yesterday, filling in what I remember of the last 2 weeks that I have been doing No S. I actually started during a week that I had off from work which would normally be a recipe for disaster but the plan worked perfectly by limiting me to just 2 real meals before my husband came home instead of the all day grazing (and lying) I would have done in the past. I even went to Target and Walgreens and didn't buy any candy. My first weekend I didn't go overboard at all. I have read several new posters say that they didn't gorge on their first S days either. I think it is bc you realize that this is so easy and that gorging doesn't actually satisfy you in any way so it is easier to continue with a normal N day routine.

So, since I began on March 17th, I have had one red day - last Friday. I didn't eat enough for lunch and then worked out for more than an hour. By 6:30, I was dizzy and almost passed out so I had to eat something. My husband was setting up his DJ gig and didn't plan on eating dinner so I had to just go to the closest restaurant and get something. I ordered a really amazing salad with steak strips but then the waiter put the bread basket and plate of olive oil down and I went to town. It was so good. I could have just stopped there, even pretended that the bread was part of the "one plate" but when I went back to the club they had donuts and cupcakes set out. I had 2 donuts and one mini cupcake plus 2 small glasses of white wine. I could have had a lot more and normally would have so in general I was proud of my restraint but - it's still a red day.

I will start tomorrow with my actual "daily check-in". Besides No S, I plan to exercise for 45 minutes 5 days a week so I will be documenting that as well here and on the HabitCal. I am a habitual weigher which I am trying to get away from since my weight varies so much from day to day but since it is the first of the month we will put this down for posterity. I am 5'10" and 196.8 lbs today. My highest weight was 260 in 2001 and I am still trying to reach my goal weight of 170. I am happy with the way I look now but I can tell as I am getting older that sugar and alcohol are affecting me differently - more migraines and insomnia - so I really believe this plan will help me break that sugar addiction.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:10 pm

April 1
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Added more veggies to my dinner and for today's lunch.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:24 pm

April 2
No S = success. This was one of the hardest days for me as far as wanting to snack in the afternoon but I made it thru. Dinner was a bit questionable since the side salad that I ordered to replace the fries that came with my burger did come on a separate plate. But I didn't eat all of the salad - leaving mostly cheese - and I only ate half of the burger so that definitely would have fit on one plate. It is strange going to the same restaurant we have been going for years and not grabbing a candy on the way out. But I still grabbed one for my husband.
Exercise = success. 30 minutes on the elliptical, 4 laps around the track in 16 minutes, random half-a$$ attempts at the weight machines.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm

April 3
No S = EDITSuccessEDIT - I am changing this to a FAILURE. It is hard to maintain No S on a Friday night since it is already the weekend. We went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants where 2 of us would normally go thru 2 baskets of chips. But I asked the waiter for a small plate and put a single layer of chips on that plate. I always get just the tortilla soup since it is the best. I actually had chips leftover that I didn't need to eat - but I did. Hopefully soon I will get to the point where I don't have to eat everything I put on my plate but I'm not there yet. But a little plate of chips and a not-huge bowl of broth-based soup is a success. EDIT - It really didn't occur to me until later that having a big margarita makes this a RED day. Not bc of the alcohol but bc it is a sugary drink. So, since I have had 2 failed Fridays in a row and I know that it is only going to get worse with the Spring/Summer arts scene starting up and so many things going on on Friday nights, I am officially going to change my S days to Friday and Saturday. I never do anything on Sunday anyway.
Exercise = Success

April 4
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success. I am counting 2 and a half hours of yardwork as my exercise here. I am still hurting from this Monday morning. Lots of squating, shoveling, hacking, sawing. And I tried to use both arms so I wouldn't feel lopsided later. Very statisfying. Lots more yardwork to go before I am done.

April 5
Exempt for both. I bought ice cream but didn't even really want it. Again, I ate what I served myself bc the idea of not getting to eat it again for a week was scary. It will feel really nice when I can listen to what my body wants and just throw away the food without guilt. Next time I will just put it in a smaller bowl to reduce the waste. I hate waste.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:25 pm

April 6 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill without falling down. YAY! I usually avoid the treadmill bc of that danger (vertigo issues) but walking the track at the gym is lonely and boring now that I have lost my workout buddy. And I get jittery trying to avoid the soccer balls coming at full speed from the field below - I have been hit twice in the last year. So I am giving the treadmill another try since I can adjust the incline and speed and hopefully get a better workout. Yest. I mixed it up with the bike and rowing machine.

I edited my post for Friday, 04/04, and added a modification. I know that it is better not to modify so soon into starting the plan but Fridays are just too busy for me.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:51 pm

I added a new HabitCal for Alcohol. I have noticed since starting No S that I am drinking wine every night as a distraction so I won't eat anything after dinner. That seems pointless and counterproductive. So I will mark Success if I have no alcohol, Exempt if I stay within the 2 drink rule, and Failure for the obvious. The goal will be to have more green than yellow days.

April 7 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt

April 8 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt - just wasn't feeling well enough to workout. Went home and took a nap instead.
Alcohol = Success

marleah

Post by marleah » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 pm

It sounds like changing your S days is the best scenario for you. I have that same weakness for the chips and salsa at restaurants, and it is really a struggle. That's a good idea to ask for a plate and then just have that many - even if you eat ALL of them! I think I will do that next time.
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, Marleah. I am really liking how the HabitCal and the Daily Check-in make me consider what I am doing - really consider it. I can see the habits forming. Yay!

April 9 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - worked out even longer than usual. Yay!
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 am

April 10 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

April 11 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

April 12 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt

Had kind of a strange weekend since I unexpectedly decided to stay in a hotel. It was a mini-spa vacation. I brought slimfast and some grapes and apples with me and hoped to just relax and spend a lot of time in the hotel fitness center. I had lots of easter candy on Saturday (exempt) but I also worked out for over 2 hours and had lots of fruit.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:53 pm

April 13 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - I have reached the stage where I am actually sweating and my face doesn't turn bright red. Yay! That is from being consistent. No obvious weight loss yet but I am pleased with myself. My husband is even getting used to me going to the gym 5 days a week.
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 glasses of wine

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 pm

April 14 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt - I have claimed an exemption twice already this week so that means that I have to go the next 4 days. Why can't that calendar go Monday to Sunday? Drat. It would make things so much easier but I will adjust to it soon enough.
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:47 pm

April 15 - Wednesday
No S = Success - Takeout Chinese last night but I put a reasonable portion on a plate and put the rest away.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 big glass of wine. Not like a tumbler full but more than I usually serve myself. That's what husbands are for.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 am

Missed a few days here but I have still been keeping track of everything.

April 16 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

April 17 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt

April 18 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt

April 19 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt

Very good weekend. I don't worry about recording Sunday now. I have never been one to eat after 8pm unless I am in a social situation. Already in my pjs so nothing to fear.
Last edited by midtownfg on Fri May 08, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:19 pm

April 20 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - I can definitely see on my HabitCal that I am still drinking more days than not. Not a big deal but not necessary either.

I need to work on reducing my meal sizes. This is my 5th week and I am still eating the same amounts. The last few days (especially on the S days) I have felt really full and uncomfortable after my meals. Take the hint.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

April 21 - Tuesday
No S = Success - One of my students handed me 2 plates of cookies yesterday as I was leaving the office. I tried to say no thank you so he would just take them away. Then he made me feel like a fool - he said "You don't have to eat it all. You can share with some of the other people in the office tomorrow." I seriously never would have thought of that. Sharing is not my thing. But I put a few from each plate into a baggie so my husband could try them (cool looking stuff from the Ukraine) and wrapped up the rest for today- for other people.
Exercise = Exempt - I had planned to take Tuesdays and Saturdays as my rest days. Then I remember as I am going to bed that I have a late afternoon event on Thursday that will prevent me from going to the gym. (It doesn't have to, of course. That is just an excuse.) This event will also be my first time at a food free-for-all since I started No S. I don't usually do well at those. Where I would normally eat as much as I can while moving around to different tables so no one notices that I am eating more than one meal, this time I will have just one plate of food, no dessert, and socialize as much as I can - to distract myself from the food. It will be hard. I'm not used to passing up free food. And if I tell myself that I will go to the gym right after then I will have an even bigger reason to watch what I am eating.
Alcohol = Exempt

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

April 22 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success
All good. Still trying to prepare myself mentally for the event tonight. I will be good. I will be good. I'm really just hoping that they have food I don't like.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:17 pm

April 23 - Thursday
No S = Success - The event went very well. They had only tiny plates and no veggies but I had 2 chicken tenders, a wedge of spinach quesadilla, some chunks of cheese and bread rounds. I added some melon and pineapple to my plate after that. Since it was such a small plate, I am counting that as one plate. I walked away from the dream bars, the choco chip cookie bars, the cheesecake bites, the huge bowls of chocolate and cream to dip the fruit in.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt

Still having trouble with my S days. Since I do Fridays and Saturdays, today is my S day and I have already had a big frosted cookie and it is only 9:15am. Why? I had a big filling breakfast. But the cookie was there and I had to eat it. I will get better at this.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:59 am

April 24 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Failure - 2 margaritas at a restaurant

April 25 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Failure - made a whole pitcher of margaritas at home - drank half

April 26 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I do feel like I am getting better about eating less at meals. Still trying to come up with easy and healthy lunch ideas for work. Made burritos 3 days this week with beans, cheese, grilled mushrooms and peppers, and raw zucchini on a high fiber tortilla. Not prepped well for the upcoming week. Exercise is going very well and people are commenting that I look slimmer.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

April 24 - Monday
No S = Success - Started with my new morning smoothie. It was tasty and kept me satisfied until noon.
Exercise = Exempt - bad weather so I didn't go to the gym. I felt antsy all night. My triceps are still killing me from Saturday's workout so I have been trying to stretch those out.
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 beer

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm

April 28 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

April 29 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - Trying to incorporate more weights using the machines at the gym. They are very intimidating but I am trying.
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 glass of white wine

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri May 01, 2009 7:21 pm

April 30 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - 5 days a week is really a lot. It is affecting my ability to make a good dinner more than I would like. If I planned better, it would be easier. But I don't. I can really only cook on Sundays and Tuesdays. Every other day we either have leftovers or go out.
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 glasses of white wine. It was getting pretty close to becoming a glass ceiling failure. I think that if I drink while I eat, I drink more. I need to wait until after the meal to start on the liquor, if desired.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

May 1 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 pomegranate martini

May 2 - Saturday
No S = Exempt - Husband and I planned to go out for a special dessert Friday and Sat nites but both times we decided against it at the last minute. I still feel like I am eating too much on S days but ... maybe it is getting better.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 beer that gave me serious gas pains - otherwise I would have had another.

May 3 - Sunday
No S = Success - I hadn't slept well and was practically falling asleep on the couch at 5pm. I really considered taking a red day (or calling it a sick day) and just snacking for dinner but I finally got off my butt and made a simple salad. Then I went to bed at 8.
Exercise = Success - why do I always get stuck with the faulty machines at the gym? If I wasn't so obsessed with keeping track of exactly how much time I spend on each machine it wouldn't matter.
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue May 05, 2009 8:04 pm

May 4 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success
Yesterday was probably my hardest day ever. I just really wanted to eat and I couldn't see any way around it. I had to take it 10 minutes at a time - If I can make it until 2:00 then I will reconsider having a snack. I kept that up until dinner but I had to skip the gym. I felt like I was going to go mad but I made it.

Down to my lowest weight in more than 14 years today - 193.2

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm

May 5 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success

I am home sick today - woke up with a migraine then fell back to sleep until 10am. I had my smoothie and some tea when I got up. Then I had the lunch that I had prepared to take to work plus some fritos. Even though it wasn't that much food and I could probably still keep today as a successful no-S day, I am going to call it a sick day now so I don't have to think about it anymore. I would still like to go to the gym but it feels strange since my gym is where I work. Maybe I should just do an exercise video at home.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm

May 6 - Wednesday
No S = Exempt - sick day - I felt really weak and tried to fix it by eating a little more but it didn't really help.
Exercise = Success - I only did 35 minutes of a video but it was a pretty hard pilates video with lots of ab work and ballet stuff. I was sweating a lot so I will count it even though it doesn't pass the 45 minute rule. It's close.
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri May 08, 2009 1:39 pm

May 7 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon May 11, 2009 1:07 pm

May 8 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Failure - 2 big margaritas at a restaurant. I need to stop doing that.

May 9 - Saturday
No S = Exempt - red velvet cake for dinner. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really sick. I don't think my body likes sugar that much any more.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success - No alcohol

May 10 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - 1 hour plus of yardwork. My back and shoulders are killing me today.
Alcohol = Success
Last edited by midtownfg on Tue May 12, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 pm

May 11 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt - or is this a failure? I had no real reason not to go to the gym other than the fact that I was at work a little later than usual and I wanted to make a good dinner that I could have as leftovers for the week. I did make dinner and packed up the leftovers but I could have still worked out too. But then I would have missed House. That is my real excuse.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed May 13, 2009 1:02 pm

May 12 - Tuesday
No S = Success - Another day when I really just wanted to quit but thinking about having to put a failure on my HabitCal stopped me. It didn't help that my lunch sucked. I need to work on planning that better.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Nothing exciting to report. I feel like this is getting boring but the HabitCal is really the only thing that keeps me honest. But I also feel like I read this board too much. If we all claim to feel liberated from having to think about food all the time, why are so many people always on this board?

May 13 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri May 15, 2009 3:25 pm

May 14 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I am really going to try to make my S days more reasonable this week. Starting today (I do Friday and Saturday), I had an event this morning that included breakfast. I was really hoping there would be muffins so I was very excited that there were - and they were already cut in half. So I had half of a big blueberry muffin, some honeydew melon, orange juice and water.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 pm

May 15 - Friday
No S = Exempt - Resorted to my old bingeing as soon as my husband went out. If it had been a No-S day I probably could have controlled myself but I haven't mastered the S days yet. Drat.
Exercise = Success - I did my usual gym workout plus a lot of walking at work helping at graduation. I had more than 13,000 steps on my pedometer - the most ever for me.
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 margarita and a sip of Kahlua

May 16 - Saturday
No S = Exempt - Another excessive day. I had been craving soft-serve ice cream all week and didn't want to pass up the opportunity for another week so, even though we had a big meal and a cupcake and piece of baklava, we still went to get ice cream too.
Exercise = Exempt - I did help my neighbor paint his garage door but that doesn't really count. It was fun though.
Alcohol = Success - No alcohol

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 pm

May 17 - Sunday
No S = Success - 3 regular meals - I felt really hungry after dinner but I made it. It was a good healthy meal so there was no reason to be hungry. Husband had some chocolates but I was good.
Exercise = Success - I am trying to train myself to jog/run more on the treadmill so I decided to pretend I was doing a 5K. Since the machines only show miles and I didn't do the research ahead of time, I translated that to 3.5 miles (should be closer to 3.1) but it's better to do more than you need instead of less. I finished in 56.5 minutes going back and forth between 3.5 mph and 5 mph. Next Sunday I will try to finish in less time. I don't really want to be a jogger but I want to be able to run when necessary without feeling like my heart is going to pop out of my chest. I have arthritis in my knees and hips (and my ankles have been hurting lately too) so I don't need to wear the joints down unnecessarily. I just feel like I exercise too casually sometimes.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue May 19, 2009 1:35 pm

May 18 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - some vodka in my OJ. I'm more concerned by the amount of OJ I had yesterday. I need to watch that.

I weighed 192.0 this morning. My weight still fluctuates so much from day to day that I won't really count that as a success until the scale stops going above that number. But my pants definitely feel loose and I am happy with that number. My shirts are still too tight though.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

May 19 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I have been really tired lately. Getting a good 9 hours of sleep most nights, exercising regularly, eating reasonably balanced meals. ???

I have a baby shower to go to in 2 hours. I will have cake and other goodies - that has been decided. I don't have these kinds of events often. If I did, I would have to come up with a better plan. I remember a former co-worker who always turned down desserts at office events. He claimed to be diabetic but I wonder if that was just his way of keeping people from pressuring him. You know how people can be when one person won't have cake.

Even though I already declared this a special occasion day, I had my usual breakfast and just ate a small lunch (half a PBJ sandwich and some pineapple). I ran out of protein powder for my morning smoothie and I could definitely feel the difference. Normally, I can easily wait until 12 or 12:30 for lunch but today I was starving at 11am.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 pm

May 20 - Wednesday
No S = Exempt - Went to the baby shower. There was nothing that looked really good but I got some tortilla chips and some carrots and ranch dressing. As the party was clearing out I grabbed two frosted cookies and a cup of gummie bears. Ate both of the cookies within an hour and grazed on the gummie bears most of the night. My husband told me to stop eating them at one point - "You know they'll give you a headache." - I had trouble falling asleep because of all the sugar. Yuck.
Exercise = Exempt - I had to work later since I went to the party during work hours.
Alcohol = Success

I just want to get to the point where I can eat one cookie and feel satisfied and not like it is my responsibility to make sure that no food goes to waste.
Last edited by midtownfg on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri May 22, 2009 1:37 pm

May 21 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - I did 50 straight minutes on the elliptical. I didn't mean to. My toes usually fall asleep after 20 minutes but this time I just kept going.
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 glasses of red wine

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sat May 23, 2009 6:44 pm

May 22 - Friday
No S = Exempt - I ate a normal breakfast and lunch at work without the need to add any sweets so that was nice. I did have gummie bears when I got home though. And margaritas. Yum.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Failure - Those margaritas - I didn't use a pint glass like I usually do so I felt like I was being better but I felt really drunk so it obviously didn't make a difference.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue May 26, 2009 12:22 am

May 23 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Exempt

May 24 - Sunday
No S = Failure - It was almost dinner time but I was too hungry and had to eat something. Poor timing. But at least I didn't make that an excuse to indulge the rest of the night.
Exercise = Exempt - I should have gone but I didn't feel like leaving the house again. Now I have to make sure I go the rest of the week.
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 glasses of sparkling wine.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm

May 25 - Monday - Just a regular day with nothing planned.
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 glass of sparkling wine

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed May 27, 2009 1:20 pm

May 26 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 glass of sparkling wine. That is it for the liquor though. I haven't slept more than 4 hours for the last 2 nights. So no more drinking. We'll see how long it lasts.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 pm

May 27 - Wednesday
No S = Success - Dinner was a little excessive but it still fit on the plate.
Exercise = Exempt - I was really just too hungry. No excuse.
Alcohol = Success - Unfortunately, it was not enough to help me sleep. It was better than the 2 nights before but I still tossed and turned for a while. I have a doctors appt coming up but hopefully this will pass before then. Last time I mentioned sleep problems my doctor said that is what happens as we get older. Great. I feel like a zombie today but I will definitely go to the gym.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri May 29, 2009 2:32 pm

May 28 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sun May 31, 2009 3:00 am

May 29 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - It is hard to resist on the weekend but I only had a couple sips of my husband's drink.

May 30 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Failure - I didn't go to the gym or work out at home like I planned. This is my first failure in 2 months.
Alcohol = Exempt - More sips but at least I didn't have my own glass.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 am

You are doing really well for just starting. Keep posting to your checkin, it helps so much :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Thank you, Tiffani. I definitely feel like this post helps me keep everything in perspective. And I truly feel like I am losing weight - very slowly but it is coming off more easily and less painfully than it has in years. I feel like 200 is a distant memory and will never be seen again. Even 195 is drifting further away. 190 will be here shortly. My weight isn't fluctuating as much as it used to when I would eat such big meals. But even if the weight doesn't come off as I hope, I really feel like this eating style is helping me be a more stable and healthy person.

May 31 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success - no temptation

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 pm

June 1 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I was reading an old journal last night. I have never been a consistent journaler so it was funny to see the long breaks between entries. Also interesting to see that I actually reached my breaking point and started losing weight a whole year before I thought. I will document some of the entries at a future date. I also want to make a graph of the weight loss. It is quite sad to see how long it has taken me to get this far but at least I know that it is sustainable. It would take a catastrophic event to push me back over 200 pounds at this point. And I have had some pretty stressful times over the last 4 years without backsliding too far so that is good.

Today could be a bit weird with eating times since I have to take my car in for service at 12:30 and then wait for them to shuttle me home. So I am going to allow this to be a NWS day if necessary. I might need to snack if I end up having to wait too long or if I never get a chance to have a real lunch. I have a soyjoy bar in my bag in case of emergency but I will wait as long as I can.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:16 pm

June 2 - Tuesday
No S = Exempt - I am going to count this as an exempt S-day since I claimed it the day before but it is really a personal, mental failure. I didn't get home from the car dealership until 2 and I used that as an excuse to have cupcakes and truffles for lunch. Seriously? :| At least I realized how pathetic that was and just had a small dinner - no additional snacking or sweets. But the whole thing was really uncalled for.
*EDIT* - I don't deserve this so I am changing it to a FAILURE. Making these excuses is what has prevented me from forming solid habits.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

I created a cool graph in Excel last night showing my weight loss over the last 9 years. If I can figure out how to paste it in here I will. But I haven't figured it out yet.
Last edited by midtownfg on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm

June 3 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I will be taking a lot of random days off work during the summer and I was a bit worried about my ability to stay in control without the workday structure - especially after Tuesday's incident. But yesterday was a wonderful success - I went to the gym and had a great workout, then I went to lunch with a friend and had a huge avocado burger. No fries and only half the bun. I still wasn't hungry at 7 but I felt like I had to eat a little something before bed so I had half of a small canteloupe. This morning I weigh 190.8. After seeing my weight chart for the last 9 years, that is my lowest weight if I don't count the time I did the Master Cleanse. I am very excited and ready for a great summer.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Things like your Tuesday incident happen, unfortunately...but look at the great *save* you pulled off! Congrats! Well done!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks, Mimi. I am feeling really committed right now. And I am looking forward to my doctor's reaction at my appt in 2 weeks. I hope she will be proud.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm

midtownfg wrote:June 3 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I will be taking a lot of random days off work during the summer and I was a bit worried about my ability to stay in control without the workday structure - especially after Tuesday's incident. But yesterday was a wonderful success - I went to the gym and had a great workout, then I went to lunch with a friend and had a huge avocado burger. No fries and only half the bun. I still wasn't hungry at 7 but I felt like I had to eat a little something before bed so I had half of a small canteloupe. This morning I weigh 190.8. After seeing my weight chart for the last 9 years, that is my lowest weight if I don't count the time I did the Master Cleanse. I am very excited and ready for a great summer.
That is great!!! :) I'll be less than my next dr's appt. too. I just realized that. She'll be proud b/c last time I was there I was asking about what I could do. She suggested South Beach and eating Total for breakfast. No SB but I HAVE been eating Total!

You be sure to post about what he or she says.... :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:41 pm

June 4 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt - I had a migraine and just didn't feel like I could do it.
Alcohol = Success - This is so easy once I get out of the habit of drinking every day. I don't even think about it. But the weekend is coming up again and I may allow myself some sips. Maybe.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 pm

June 5 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - I drank more than I planned - an entire small margarita instead of just a few sips. Woke up with a horrible headache at 4am. I think my drinking days are really over.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 pm

June 6 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

June 7 - Sunday
No S = Success - I only had 2 meals Sunday. After my workout at noon I really wasn't hungry for lunch so we had dinner at 4:30 and that was it for the day.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

188.8 lbs today. My husband's first comment - "Maybe you're sick." He was just upset because he gained 4 lbs.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 pm

June 8 - Monday
No S = Success - I was tempted to eat after dinner but I didn't. I actually felt very tired and went to bed at 8:30. Maybe I am sick.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I was tempted last evening too...and very tired! I wonder if the *wanting to eat* is residual from coming off a two S day weekend or possibly from my body's inability to distinguish being tired from being hungry? People often say that sometimes when you want to eat, you're really thirsty...might be the same type of phenomenon. Maybe I was thirsty too because drinking a full glass of milk did the trick. Just some observations...

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm

No more sleep issues. I guess it was just one of those days.

June 9 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

June 10 - Wednesday
No S = Exempt - I took an NWS day since there was a luncheon at work that was really good last time. I had a plate with mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken tenders and green beans. It was all tasty. I felt guilty about not taking any salad on my initial trip (they hadn't brought any utensils to serve the dressing) so I did get a second plate of salad and a biscuit. I could have probably shoved it all on the same plate anyway. The dessert was a disappointment but I did have some. I was good the rest of the day - I didn't make it a free-for-all like I have in the past. I was really tempted but I distracted myself with computer games. I think I may have to start a new habitcal for the computer games. I probably played for 6 hours straight. Mind you, I was not doing this at work. I actually went all the way to work (only 10 minutes away) just to go to the luncheon. I was taking a vacation day.
Exercise = Exempt - unless computer games count. Drat.
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:21 pm

June 11 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

All plain and normal. Looking forward to a great workout this afternoon. No weekend plans so I will try to stick to 2 or 3 meals and just a couple sweet snacks if something comes up. I have been seeking out sweets on S days before but I think I am ready to just take what comes along instead.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:02 pm

June 12 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

June 13 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt - just a few sips of margarita

June 14 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt - 2 days in a row without exercise - not good
Alcohol = Success

My S days didn't turn out as planned. Even though I ate way too much at dinner on Saturday I still felt like I had to have a sweet before the day was over so I bought a pint of ice cream. I only had a small scoop but it was way over the top.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:59 pm

June 15 - Monday
No S = Failure - Yesterday one of my favorite people at work brought homemade goodies. I tried to tell her that I couldn't have any but she pouted and whined about no one wanting any of her treats so I had some lemon pound cake. It was excellent so I had some more. I don't often get homemade sweets since I don't bake. So even though I feel this was justified to make a friend happy and I enjoyed it thoroughly, since I didn't plan it ahead of time I will call it a red day. I had a regular lunch and dinner.
*EDIT*- I wasn't totally honest here and have been thinking about it ever since. I am glad to see that I did give myself a failure for this day (otherwise I would have had to change it). Not only did I eat the first piece of cake that she gave me but when I decided I wanted more I snuck into the lounge and took it when no one was looking and ate it without telling anyone else. This has to stop.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success
Last edited by midtownfg on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:34 pm

June 16 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

Had my doctors appt this morning. She didn't say one thing about my weight loss. It was very disappointing after I was looking forward to some praise and approval. Grrr. I will try to be good the rest of the day but I feel a failure coming on.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Don't fail just because of your doctor!

Here's some praise and approval -- you rock! You have been doing so well.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Be your own cheerleader, midtownfg, or let us help you! Don't let the insensitivities of someone else through you off course...really I'm sure she meant no harm. Folks who don't struggle with weight, food, or eating issues have no clue, do they!

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks, guys. I am feeling better now. I knew that posting would help me get over it since everyone is so supportive and I wouldn't want to let you guys or myself down by giving in. I had half a pbj sandwich after my last post, since I had been fasting for my lab work, and I will have a regular lunch soon.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:56 pm

June 17 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

Well, I made it. No drama, no problems except that I didn't have time to go to the gym since I had to wait around for the A/C tech. But I did accomplish 2 of my other unwritten/unstated goals for my days off this summer - I didn't play any computer games and I didn't turn on the tv until after 4 so I got a lot of creative stuff done.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 pm

June 18 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

I'm looking forward to the weekend but not to the A/C guy coming out again. I hate people trying to sell me things.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:49 pm

June 19 - Friday
No S = Exempt - I don't think I even had a sweet or a snack. There were brownies in the staff room but I was expecting sweets at a meeting later so I didn't have any. Then there were no meeting treats anyway. I felt full after dinner so I didn't have any extra treats.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - margarita

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:54 pm

June 20 - Saturday
No S = Exempt - not a single veggie all day except some green olives - plus a big strawberry and a slice of kiwi with my pancakes. Pathetic. I had a big slice of cake and a scoop of ice cream around 8 and felt so full and uncomfortable. This has been happening for the last few weekends but I still haven't learned to stop eating so much. I'm glad to be back to N-days.
Exercise = Failure - This always happens when I don't go to the gym on Sunday. I could have made it to the gym yest but I just didn't feel like going out in the heat again. No excuse.
Alcohol = Exempt - just a couple sips of some new beers to try them out.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

June 21 - Sunday
No S = Success - Hubby had more cake and ice cream for dessert but I was fine without it.
Exercise = Success - Did a pilates video at home instead of the gym. It is just too hot to go outside.
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm

June 22 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - I am really feeling the effects of the Pilates on the Ball video I did on Sunday. Yowee. I should do that more often.

I had to stop at the drug store on the way home from the gym yesterday. I was so hungry. I decided to pick up some chinese food so I wouldn't have to cook but even with that waiting in the car I still struggled to stop myself from buying snacks to eat on the way home. I managed but that is why I thought I deserved the beer with dinner.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Looks like you're doing good! Keep it up!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:08 pm

June 23 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

June 24 - Wednesday
No S = Failure - I won't go into details. It's not pretty.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt

Well, Tuesday I did well but yesterday was a complete failure. And once I failed I took the opportunity to continue to fail. But today is a new day.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:41 pm

June 25 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

Yesterday was all successful but I was just waiting for today when I could continue the binge that I started on Wednesday. I didn't fail myself there - had the rest of the bag of orange slices (not real fruit) from Wednesday as my breakfast today. Healthy - :shock:

I really need to start over and re-establish my habits . Candy has always been my downfall so I need to avoid it on S days as well. If I want a sweet treat, I need to stick with some really good ice cream or a fancy cookie or my favorite - greek yogurt with honey and berries. No more candy - or no more buying candy. If I just have one little-something I am fine but if I buy a bag I will eat the whole thing. And usually in private - like the orange slices that I bought when my husband wasn't with me and ate in the car before I got home then hid in my purse to save for later. Pathetic, seriously. This is the behavior I have been trying to get past for years. Decades. I am so sick of this.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I hear you Midtown! Maybe you could keep a habitcal for eating all your food, including esses in the company of others- no hiding food from everyone or eating it in the bathroom, car, etc. Maybe that would help?

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm ready, Mimi. Like everyone says, you have to fail in order to refocus and get back on track. I had been doing really well so I know I can do it. I really felt like those habits were established so I am disappointed. But I am ready to start fresh and get to my goal.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 am

Woo hoo! That's the spirit!

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:04 pm

June 26 - Friday
No S = Exempt - Had a nice big salad for dinner.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:24 pm

June 27 - Saturday
No S = Exempt - I had cake and ice cream after 8pm again, even though it was a much smaller portion than last week, but it still made me feel overly full and I couldn't sleep until after 2:30. No more eating after 8 - that has always been a rule that I just don't follow strictly on the weekends but it has really been making me feel sick lately so I will work on it more.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 small margarita

June 28 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

189.6 lbs today. It is time to change up a few things since my weight loss has stalled and backed up a bit. I haven't made any specific mods - I am just going to watch my portions more and watch the sugar intake on S days. I have had more N-day failures recently so I need to watch those. I have been getting lazy with the exercise lately too so I need to ramp that up again. I changed my smoothie this morning - took out the almond milk and added prune juice so we will see if that makes a difference. It tasted nice and refreshing.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Well, sounds like you've identified all the areas that you need to improve on Midtown - but there are four! Don't make it too hard on yourself! Maybe you can just start with one or two and then incorporate the others?

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Until you said that, I didn't think about the fact that I had mentioned 4 different things to moderate. That is a lot. I think I can watch them all at once but really the most important 2 are the excessive sweets on weekends and the lazy exercising. I changed up my mp3 player this weekend so that should help motivate me more at the gym.

So, I have a bit of a dilemma too. I had lunch today with one of my students. He wanted to take me to one of his favorite authentic Indian restaurants and tell me how it differs from what he eats at home. I read a lot of Indian fiction and he likes to make fun of it even though his sister just got her PhD here researching the exact books I like to read. It is strange to read a book's description of a meal having no idea what they are eating so I was trying to remember everything. This wasn't my first time having Indian food but it was a better opportunity for me to ask specific questions of someone I know well who wouldn't be offended if I didn't like something. Anyway, it was a buffet and I had 3 plates worth. So it definitely breaks the rules but I don't think it was a failure. It was a cultural learning experience. I don't want to consider it a Special day though because that sets me up for failure the rest of the day. So, for now, I am going to count this as a successful day. I am going to continue following the no-S rules for the rest of the day and tomorrow I will decide how the day went.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 pm

I think some folks on the boards refer to that as an S-event, mark their habitcals yellow, and go on from there with strict NoS.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:17 pm

June 29 - Monday
No S = Exempt - I decided to count it as an S day. I had a small bowl of cereal for dinner and nothing more.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:16 pm

June 30 - Tuesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

July 1 - Wednesday
No S = Success - I was proud of myself for not snacking today. I was really tempted. But I started planning dinner early and that helped distract me and make me willing to wait for a nice meal. 186.4 this morning. So much fluctuation but this is the lowest weight I have been since college. I should try on my wedding dress.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 pm

July 2 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 glasses of white wine. Now I remember why I stopped drinking wine. I had a very strange night's sleep - I remember waking up a lot and tossing and turning but I know I slept because I had very vivid dreams - and woke up with a horrible headache. But it was nice to have some cold wine anyway. I enjoyed it at the time.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:57 pm

July 3 - Friday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - margarita

July 4 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - 2 beers

July 5 - Sunday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success

I didn't sleep again on Saturday night. I had half a piece of carrot cake at 7 after a light dinner so I didn't expect the problems but maybe I just really shouldn't have any sweets after dinner. I'm not really good about learning my lesson, as you can see by the 4 straight days of alcohol even though I know it messes with my sleep.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:18 pm

July 6 - Monday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - Feeling good.
Alcohol = Success - and slept like a baby. Duh.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:33 pm

July 7 - Tuesday
No S = Success - It is really hard when I am home from work alone but I did a good job of distracting myself - mainly with computer games so not the most constructive choice but at least I didn't eat.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 am

It is really hard when I am home from work alone but I did a good job of distracting myself - mainly with computer games so not the most constructive choice but at least I didn't eat.
Whatever works! :lol: Beats eating snacks! Keep it up!

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 pm

July 8 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Exempt - half a glass of white wine. It was just enough to relax me - but now that I think about it more I did still have very restless sleep and strange dreams. I actually got out of bed 45 minutes earlier than usual because my dreams were disturbing me. So much for trying to find an acceptable amount of alcohol. What really sucks is that I don't drink because I need to mellow out - I drink because I love the taste - so I hate the idea of having to quit forever. And no, I don't want a virgin daquiri or a non-alcoholic beer. Yuck.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm

July 9 - Thursday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success - I still slept funny though. Maybe it is just age-related insomnia. I don't want to get old :cry: . That is really my main motivation for all of this exercise and weight loss and the creation of sensible habits that will last me a lifetime. If I don't start them now, how can I be healthy when I am older? I don't want to live forever but I would like to avoid hospitals for as long as I possibly can.

I have been thinking a lot lately about habits. I have had some bad habits and some habits that reached the point of obsession. Over the years I have worked hard at breaking habits and preventing new ones from forming by intentionally doing things differently everytime out of fear that unchecked habits could become out of control OCD. So it is strange for me to be now working on creating habits. It is a little different since I don't have to eat the same things every day and I do get a break from it on S days. But the word HABIT is negative to me so it gets confusing sometimes. I haven't read the book still so I won't bring this up on the regular discussion board but I do worry that the book and Reinhard's insistence on habits could turn me off the plan so I just try not to think about it.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:58 pm

That is really my main motivation for all of this exercise and weight loss and the creation of sensible habits that will last me a lifetime. If I don't start them now, how can I be healthy when I am older? I don't want to live forever but I would like to avoid hospitals for as long as I possibly can.
There is so much truth to that midtown...it's admirable that you are attempting to live a healthy lifestyle now to avoid later health problems...not that we can avoid ALL health problems, but many are directly correlated to our eating and exercising habits.
Having watched my mother-in-law over the course of the last few years, and all the health problems and medications that she is on to deal with them, I KNOW I don't want to end up like that! It is scary, like you noted, and if there is something that we can do to prevent some of these later health problems, then we owe it to ourselves to do it. And the time to begin is when you're young. Sorry to get off on a tangent, but this is something that I feel very strongly about! I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself!

Mimi
:D

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

July 10 - Friday
No S = Exempt - No snacks, nice healthy dinner, and a small bowl of Toasted Coconut Sesame Brittle HD ice cream. I've been craving coconut a lot lately. Yum.
Exercise = Success - Definitely looking forward to my Saturday break. I have been working very hard at the gym lately and my muscles are tired.
Alcohol = Exempt - one glass of white wine while gallery hopping

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:53 pm

July 11 - Saturday
No S = Exempt
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Exempt - 1 and a half glasses of white wine

All exempt. Trouble sleeping again but I think that had more to do with my decision right before bed to start Shovelglove so I was designing the "glove" in my head and eventually just had to get up and draw it out. I know it's not supposed to be complicated but since I like to sew I figured it would be fun to make something nice. We'll see how it goes. When I mentioned to my husband that I wanted to buy a sledgehammer a few minutes ago he was very negative. At least it is a funtional tool that we can use for something else even if I end up not liking the exercises. It's not like I am buying another silly ab machine.

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:04 am

Hi Midtownfg! I am really enjoying your check in. You are doing so well. I loved your alcohol monitoring system, I thought it looked so helpful, so I sort of stole it for my own check in :shock: I hope that's ok!

Moxie

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:00 pm

July 12 - Sunday
No S = Success - Big plate for dinner but it was mostly veggies and was super tasty.
Exercise = Success - I need to work on my abs more instead of so much cardio. I really need to improve my upper body strength too. I can't even do one push up. I think ShovelGlove will really help with that but I didn't make it to the hardware store yesterday.
Alcohol = Success

Hi Moxie. I am definitely happy to share. I don't think it was my idea anyway :wink: . Reinhard tracks his alcohol too. It is helpful to see it on the HabitCal. Not as many green days as I would like but I haven't had a red one in a while.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:54 pm

July 13 - Monday
No S = Success - Way too much for dinner. I really should have boxed up some of it but I didn't. I'm going to cut down today. I need to watch my portion sizes since my weight has not been going down for a couple weeks. I need to watch the Mexican food on weekends too but that is really just something I can't do without. There will be cookies at a meeting I am going to in 3 hours but I will eat my lunch right before and I will not be tempted.
Exercise = Exempt
Alcohol = Success

Happy Bastille Day. Vive la France. Not really - but I do have fond memories of Bastille day - Paris at night, climbing the steps of the Tour Eiffel in the dark in the pouring rain b/c I was too cheap to pay for the elevator. Fun times.

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:28 pm

July 14 - Tuesday
No S = Success - Resisted cookies with no problem. I was actually surprised that at least half of the ladies in the meeting didn't eat the offered cookies. I am still having serious problems craving sweets but I know I can have them on S days so I manage. But I can't stop thinking about them. I almost bought a dessert cookbook the other day and I don't bake. I just wanted to look at the pictures. Sad.
Exercise = Success
Alcohol = Success

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 pm

July 15 - Wednesday
No S = Success
Exercise = Success - I almost didn't exercise but since I won't be able to tomorrow I knew I had to. I had to make myself go to the gym. When I was trying to do a pilates video I just laid on the floor instead. Not exactly exercise.
Alcohol = Success

I have to go to an all-day conference tomorrow so I was thinking I would take an NWS day but then I remembered that it is my S-day anyway so I won't have to worry about whatever they offer me for breakfast and lunch. I won't go overboard either. Unless something is really good :twisted: . I won't get home until 8pm or so. I need to eat enough to last me that long or stop at a fast food place. I don't like to eat in my car so I don't usually do that unless I am taking it home to eat.

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Haha! I work out early morning and sometimes when I am doing my Callanetics video (similar to Pilates) I find that I'm so tired I'm really just sort of flopping around :wink: