StrawberryRoan's daily check in.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Good attitude, lil' Berry. It's always good when you have .... GOALS. Seems like your weight fluctuates quite a bit. up n' down...

It must be hard to have tempting sweets right in front of you all day long.

I used to work at a place where they had this coffee machine that also served hot chocolate and it was delicious of course ... maybe too much ... I would have huge mugs of hot chocolate 2-3 times per day, with 10% coffee cream and whatnot. I wasn't really concerned back then, I just wanted the best
flavor/texture ! ;-)

My office was right next door to the break room with the machine so it was convenient to walk over there ... I probably gained 10 pounds the 6 months I was there, lol !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

37 Years Old. 5'10" Tall.
Nov. 1st. 2008 : 280 Pounds
Nov. 1st. 2009 : 190 Pounds (1 Year : - 90 Pounds)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:54 am

Yeah, Marc, fluctuate is a good word for it!!

Today I am 150, ate perfectly at work - even took my candy from home and threw in the big ole bowl on my desk (they added Dove chocolates today :shock: ) I told the boss I wasn't eating ANY. She said, Good, more for me.

Ate ham and beans and cornbread for dinner, now I will eat nothing more.

Off work tomorrow, going out with the hubby. We will probably eat breakfast and lunch out as we have appointments. Dinner will probably be leftovers from tonight.

Thanks for saying hi, my friends...

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Friday morning,

152 pounds. Ate at the Mexican restaurant, too much - then ate a veggie burger and tater tots for dinner last night (and I don't even like tater tots :roll: ) But, we had a great day and it had been quite a while since we had even been to our favorite spot for lunch due to all the severe weather.

Planning to go out again today, staying at the mall while hubby gets the truck serviced (oil change, etc) so we will probably eat at TGIF or Chilis or Olive Garden afterwards.

Did buy some healthy stuff yesterday for work, salad fixings, yogurts, etc.

Happy Friday all,

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Happy Saturday morning Journal and Journalers :D

Had a pretty good day yesterday, ate cherry vanilla yogurt with honeynut cherrios stirred in for crunch. Pretty good and something I could do at work, don't want to eat before I leave and don't want to drag milk for the Cheerios. I actually wasn't hungry at all until lunch. Ate leftover ham and beans and cornbread. Yummy. Will admit I ate a chocolate covered long pretzel out of a holiday gift basket (wasn't that great but at least it is now gone...) Ate popcorn for dinner instead of a meal as I wasn't really hungry.

Got in a full hour on the glider so that felt great. All in all, a pretty good day. Didn't go out as planned, just lazed around the house.

Being accountable is really helping, when I weighed this morning (150), I was aware that I would be posting it, regardless.

Have a nice day all

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Happy Sunday everybody.

Weigh 151, should be more as I ate way too much yesterday. And it wasn't even that good and I wasn't even that hungry. GO figure.

Today will be better as I will be gone most of the day so I can't shove random food all day :P

To your health,

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Checkin in - still trying to get back into the No S grrove.

Weight in the low 150's, a couple of skirts were a little snug this week so maybe that is the incentive I need. Spring is just around the corner and I won't have the advantage of extra layers of blazers, jackets, etc.

Think I will work harder this week and then try on the skinny jeans, see how much I still have to do. :roll:

Been eating too much in between meals, rededicating myself to the three square a day. Been getting in the exercise pretty well.

Happy weekend journalers,

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Happy Saturday all,

Doing great, it finally kicked back in this well - IT, ya know, when you start to make a sandwich and realize that you don't need it, just want it.

Feel back in control, I think until one does any program is really hard work. Once one says, Okay I get it.

It's easier.

Still a work in progress,

but progressing,

Best to all,

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Just checking in - all is going well. Hanging strong in the high 140's. Back in control, feels great. Some of my dress slacks were getting a bit snug - that won't do at all :roll:

Pretty big test next week as hubby is having surgery on both Tuesday and Wednesday. I will be staying at the hospital so will be eating the cafeteria food or picking off his hospital tray 8)

Will try to avoid the vending machines, or at least make healthier choices like pretzels, etc.

Hopefully it will only be for a few days.

Good health to all,

Berry

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 pm

It sounds like you are doing well. :) Sending positive thoughts for your DH's upcoming surgeries ...

Be Well,
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks so much, how sweet.

Surgeries went well. Still has stitches but they are the dissolving kind, so that's good.

Still fighting the eating at work demons, but now that the weather is getting warmer - I walk at lunch so that helps. I still eat, of course, but at least I have some exercise to balance it out.

I am holding steady at the high 140s (okay okay 149) 8)

Plan to stabilize at 145 for the summer, if possible. A few pounds makes such a difference in how I feel in clothes. Right now I am still wearing a lot of cardigans or blazers so my little "roll" around the middle is covered a bit.

A bit,

Berry :D

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

I caught up! I'm glad you are doing well now and that surgeries are going well too. You're only 4 lbs away from your goal! Go you!!!! :D
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille