StrawberryRoan's daily check in.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

StrawberryRoan

StrawberryRoan's daily check in.

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Morning,

Weigh 152 today, lost a couple pounds since I found you guys.

But, better than that - I now actually stop and think before I eat food, rather than just sticking it in my mouth.

If it isn't an S day, I ask myself,

Is this a sweet, a snack or a second?

If the answer is YES IT IS YOU NUTCASE -

then I smile (another S I love)

and pass it by.

SUE

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Forgot I had a daily check in,

Good to read that I weighed 152 on April 30th thought because I weigh 145 today. Thanks to No S.

I have weighed 145 for about six or seven days, that's great. I like to stabilize at a weight my body REALLY wants to hold on to, then lose a pound or two because then it will REALLY hold on to that weight (which I predict will be 143)

Tried on some really skinny cut jeans last night and they buttoned right up. (not that I am skinny - they are men's Wranglers (like the mens cut better) so the legs are thinner. There was a time that they were REALLY tight.

That said, I am not worried about the weight so much, it will come off when it is ready because I am doing all the right things.

And one cannot go wrong when they do right.

Love this site and love this board. (Now have to remember this thread)

SR :?
Last edited by StrawberryRoan on Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu May 28, 2009 1:37 pm

For a two-post thread, yours says a LOT! :)

Congrats on the progress you've clearly made.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 4:55 pm

It sounds like you're doing really well, congratulations!!! I'm at 146.6 now, I hope to be with you at 145 very soon!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri May 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks guys.

I remembered my DAILY check in today...

Well, I weighed 144 this morning, let's see if it holds or jumps back to 145.

I ate fatfree blueberry yogurt for breakfast with a spoon of flaxseed. Actually I just ate it and it in eleven oclock so maybe it is lunch.

We shall see. I will probably eat about three and seven, so even out the day. I am having leftover broccoli/cheese soup (from a can but I made it with water instead of milk - don't like milk in my soups). I also had one corn muffin with it. I made a dozen and bagged them up individually and popped them in the freezer or I would have eaten about six or seven.

Seriously, I LOVE cornbread. This way I can have one with soup or beans or something without overdoing.

Altho I do remember I froze Christmas cookies so I wouldn't eat them.
Who knew frozen cookies taste just fine?

:roll:

Curious to see how the weekend goes (tonight is pizza night) and what I will weigh on Monday.

SR

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat May 30, 2009 11:37 am

Well, it is Saturday.

I weigh 143 this morning and feel thin. Isn't it funny how a few pounds can make a difference, especially in our clothes? Well, I guess it is actually eleven pounds as I started at 154 when I joined here on April 28th.

This has been the easiest, most rewarding eating plan I have ever encountered. I am very grateful to Reinhard and all the posters on here.

Here's what's funny, I quit thinking about food all the time. I was outside mowing the lawn yesterday afternoon, about five oclock. It dawned on me that I hadn't eaten lunch. I ate my yogurt and flaxseed at eleven and that was it.

So, while the pizza was cooling a bit, I ate my leftover broccoli/cheddar soup with one cornbread muffin. I then ate one slice of pizza and watched Walk the Line with the hubby.

I ate nothing else and I was satisfied.

Don't know the plans for today. But plan to stay sensible. I still have so many snacks bought earlier in the month that haven't even been opened. I KNOW I am saving money on this plan.

Hello to all journalers.

SR :oops:

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat May 30, 2009 11:44 am

YEA STRAWBERRY - I'm SOOOOOO happy for you! Woo hoo!!

You go girl!

Mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Wow, 11 pounds down in a month is a lot, especially
for a woman who wasn't so heavy in the first place.
That's a great achievement.

I lost 14 pounds my first month but I weighed 280
when I started last november. It was much easier back then,
I feel I was working only half as hard as I do now and
losing twice as much weight.

Congratulations on your success, Berry !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 05/29/2009 : 215.4 pounds
6 months 29 days / 64.6 pounds

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sun May 31, 2009 12:17 am

Congrats! That is very inspiring to me, since we have similar stats. I was 145.6 this morning! :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks guys..

Today I weigh 142, which would make it 12 pounds.

Kinda odd as I ate at a Mexican restaurant with my DIL yesterday. However, I think the plan has gotten into my brain. Instead of ordering the platter I normally do with the chile relleno, rice and chalupa - I just ordered the chalupa and it was plenty. Naturally I ate some of the chips and salsa, as many as I normally would have I suppose.

But, I also spent the entire day shopping, didn't eat any dinner as the lunch was plenty and mowed the yard for an hour and a half.

Even drank a glass of wine last night and it "hit" me, made me all drowsy as I haven't been drinking wine much anymore. I slept great.

I was surprised by the scale tho, mainly because I thought the sodium alone from yesterday would add weight. Maybe that will show up tomorrow. :roll:

Bought a dozen yogurts at WalMart yesterday, plan on having yogurt with flaxseed for breakfast each morning. Also bought SunMaid raisin bread. Will probably toast a slice of that each day as well. There sure is a lot of difference in the calorie count for various lowfat/lowsugar yogurts. Went from about 150 to 80 or so depending on brand. I naturally got the 80, lots of great flavors. They are GreatValue, the store brand, Light.

Happy Sunday all - looking forward to the June challenge.

Thanks to all, this board has been a godsend. Literally.

SR :?8

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:11 am

Tuesday check in,

Weigh 142 still. :o

Ate very well yesterday, my yogurt with flaxseed for breakfast/brunch then a HUGE salad with mixed greens, spinach, boiled egg, shredded colby/pepperjack cheese, green onion, peppers, tomatoes, croutons and balsamic vinegar dressing. Couldn't finish it all but it was yummy.

Did my indoor exercises but didn't get to mow as we were expecting company - I feel mowing is the perfect exercise, walking with weight!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

That salad sounds delicious! I keep meaning to boil a couple eggs for my salads during the week but I always forget. You're doing soo well! :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks to you all.

I boil a dozen eggs at a time and keep them in a covered container in the fridge. Very easy to grab a healthy bit of protein.

Sometimes I will eat a container of yogurt with flax seed, a boiled egg and a chesse stick for a breakfast or lunch. Wrap the cheese stick around a slice of deliturkey or ham or roast beef, even better. Less than three hundred calories and very good for ya.

:wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm

We had hard boiled eggs for dinner last night, along with some other bits of stuff on the plate.. Was really nice comfort style food, and not very expensive.
This is a great strategy Strawberry.. I'm probably gonna try the same.
Even if you eat *four* eggs at one sitting, if you are really famished before your meal, it's still gotta beat choosing a quick fix like fast food or caving in and having a pint of ice cream.
Have a good day.
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 pm

ps.. I just read back on your thread and you are doing fantastic!!!
Congratulations on your first very successful month!! :D
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:23 am

Morning journal and fellow journalers.

I weigh 141 today, the lowest I have weighed this year. I only know that because I also check in at CalorieCountPlus website (I have been a member or a couple years - actually weighed 162 when I joined there. I was steered to NO S by an article posted by their nutritionist giving this plan a thumbs up.)

They have a chart and a graph showing your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly progress (depending on what you pull up). I have it on monthly but was curious so I pulled up the year graph. The lowest this year was 142 back in early January. I remember weighing 138 at Thanksgiving last year. That is the lowest I can remember being in years and years.

Mowed the yard again last night and it was great exercise. I mow a lot because we have a really big place here (actually a horse ranch but we have a couple acres that is yard/flowerbeds/ etc. ) I made the hubby salmon cakes and mashed potatoes. I ate my huge salad, drank some unsweetened iced tea, watched the Mentalist, took a hot bath and hit the sack. Slept with the window open and it felt great.

SR :wink:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 am

Morning all.

Weigh 141 again. Exercised a lot yesterday and had planned a big plate of spaghetti with garlic bread for dinner. Ended up wanting a spinach salad instead so put the spaghetti in the fridge to eat today.

Found a huge homemade banana/bran muffin in the freezer yesterday. Stuck it in the fridge to thaw, think I will eat half with my morning yogurt both today and tomorrow. Before I would have eaten it all as soon as I found it (well, maybe microwaving it a bit to thaw.) Maybe...

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 am

Morning!

142 this morning, did yard work then came in and ate about half a head of steamed cauliflower with nothing but salt....Lots of salt..... :roll:

Also ate some salad. I eat salad about twice a day.

Looking forward to wearing some new pants this weekend that have been too tight FOREVER.

I wondered why I hurt last night then I remembered, I did the stair stepper for about fifteen minutes yesterday, just to vary my biking and Gazelle routine. I can tell it in my knees but that's, as Martha would say, a good thing.

Have some fresh peaches so plan to chop one of those up and put it in my peace yogurt for breakfast. Yep, I am a gourmet cook.

SR

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Good work, Berry. You rock n' roll. ;-)

It's nice to see someone working so hard and it motivates *ME* to keep goin' as well. You have to ease up on the salt though, lol !

I remember the first time I started doing squats, I worked them too hard for a good 10 minutes and I wasn't used to it at all .. for the next 2-3 days it was very painful to go down stairs in particular, I was walkin' like a lil' ol' man. ;-) I should only have done 2-3 minutes at first since I wasn't used to it.

I weighed 214.0 this morning, my lowest in about 8 years. Updated signature below.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/05/2009 : 214.0 pounds
7 months 5 days / 66.0 pounds

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:58 am

Wow, Marc, lowest in eight years. You are doing amazing-ly well!

Yeah, I love the salt. I actually have pretty low blood pressure, usually about 85/55 or so - I have been given carte blance as far as eating all the salt I want.

However, it does show up in retained fluid and puffiness at times.

141 this morning - still a bit sore. But, that's great. Shows that I "shocked" my body a bit. I shall continue to try and be as shocking as the law allows.

Have a great Saturday fellow journalers.

SR 8)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:37 pm

I like following your check in because we're so similar in heigh and weight... You're doing so well - congrats!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks, Nicole. Happy to have you aboard. I am glad to have someone with similar stats to bounce off of.

I am 141 this morning, ate pretty well yesterday considering it was a Saturday. I made ham and beans with cornbread for my son who was visiting. I only ate one normal sized serving, one piece of cornbread. (and we know I LOVE cornbread.) I could have had "seconds" but didn't.

For afternoon snack, I could have chosen from the many packs of Little Debbie snack cakes I bought the hubby but chose air popped popcorn instead with a Diet Dr Pepper. After going all week without snacks, trust me, the popcorn tasted decadent.

I am trying to be very careful to not undo on the weekends what I worked all week to do yet still indulge a bit if I choose do, just wisely. My problem has always been getting to a desired weight, then throwing all caution to the wind.

No more, this plan has made me think.

What a concept.

Happy Sunday all.

SR :lol:
Last edited by StrawberryRoan on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 pm

That's true, Berry. A month ago I went to a thai restaurant and the dish was quite salty, the sauce, etc.
Then for 2 days straight it seemed I was struggling to lose weight despite my best efforts. It took a couple of days to lose the extra water I was retaining.

75% of the human body is made of water, right ? So if you retain 1% more than usual, it could mean an extra 1.5 / 2 pounds on the scale all of a sudden the morning after a salty dinner.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/05/2009 : 214.0 pounds
7 months 5 days / 66.0 pounds

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 am

Happy Monday morning all.

Had a great weekend, weigh 142 today.

I got in a lot of yardwork exercise then got on the glider for almost an hour last night as I watched The Next Food Network Star. Had some of those little Quaker rice cake caramlecorn snacks yesterday afternoon, even the hubby said they were yummy.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Happy Tuesday :lol:

141 this morning, a thin feeling 141.

Yesterday's 142 felt fatter... :roll:

Just gonna stay the course, everything is working out well. I am eating all I want to and just not paying any attention to the snacks. That part has actually gotten so easy now - it doesn't really bother me.

I am almost ashamed that I put so many mindless chips, cookies, snack cakes, etc. into my body.

Got in lots of exercise yesterday, mainly outdoors as we had company during most of the day.

To your good health all,

SR

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Lookin good!! I was 143 this morning, so I'm almost with you!

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:11 pm

You ladies are inspiring! Keep up the great work!

Mimi :D

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Morning guys, missed my check in yesterday. I weighed 141 yesterday, but today I weigh,,,,,

Ta Dah,

140... My goal weight.

However, here is my plan. I am going to try to maintain my weight between 138 and 143.

On January 1, 2008, I weighed 162 pounds :oops: I joined Calorie Count Plus and have been checking in daily so I have seen my progress since then. It didn't take me too long to lose the first ten pounds, the second ten - down to 142 took months! I actually weighed 138 (my lowest in recent memory) last Thanksgiving and was really too thin, judging by the photos. Although I am 5 foot 4 (or 5), I have a lot of muscle weight so there is no way I could way 120 or whatever the charts say.

So I gained a bit - back to 142 and stayed there until Feb. when my husband had serious surgery and I spent a total of fifteen days, over two hospital stays, eating junk out of vending machines and drinking too much diet soda. Obviously got no exercise other than walking the halls.

Once I got home, I got back on track with CalorieCount, that is where I saw this site mentioned. Their nutritionist gave the book excellent reviews. So I came here in April at 154. Immedately grasped the concept, kicked up my exercise and have never felt better.

I am sixty years old and feel and look better than so many half my age. It makes me sad sometimes to see the generations just getting more and more unhealthy,.

It has been not only easy, but life changing. I still have the same boxes and bags of snacks, unopened, in the pantry as I did in April. They are there, if I need them - I imagine their shelf life is years. However, I need to be thinner and healthier right now more than I need snacks,

or sweets

or seconds.

Healthy Thursday to you all.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Great post!!! Congrats! I really hope to be with you soon...!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks Nicole,

I am sure you will (probably pass me up - regardless, trust me, you will look better in the tankini!)

It is interesting to watch how our body really tries to hold on to a certain weight, isn't it? I can remember being 157 for a long, long time then suddenly I was 154 for a long time. Even lately, I went back and forth from 142 to 141.

However, just stay the course. One cannot do right and go wrong.

Your body has to accept the fact that you are not going to hold onto the extra weight, you are going to eat right and exercise - so it finally says.

OKAY! It then adjusts to the new lower weight. I would be surprised to be 141 or even 142 again but the graph will always move downward not upward if we stay committed.

Luckily you are learning this at a much younger age than 60,

thanks again for all your kind comments,

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:58 am

Happy Friday all,

140 this morning, tried on clothes last night to celebrate my goal, rather than eating.

This is sure a good time to be a bit thinner, this is the summer of the long sundress - or so they say. I love long flowy dresss and skirts with a little short sleeved jacket for church and lunch with girlfriends, etc. Many were actually too snug to wear a month ago but glide right on now.

I shall stay the course.

Enjoy your weekend, fellow journalers.

To your health,

SR

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Tis Saturday. YEAH....

And even bigger YEAH, there isn't a single thing in my entire closet (well, okay, my three closets, that doesn't fit. I don't have to try on ten different tops to make sure my "roll" doesn't show, don't have to wear an overblouse.

I can put on my skinny jeans and any little top I want to, YEAH again.

140 this morning. For some reason yesterday, I got REALLY hungry between my ten and two o'clock meals. But, I stayed strong - I thought, well those Quaker caramel corn rice cakes are very low cal.

But, guess what? They are still a snack.

So, I held out.

And I survived.

Have a great Saturday all

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Happy Sunday all.

Weigh 141 this morning. Ate whatever I wanted yesterday, snacks were air popped popcorn (well, made in microwave dish that doesn't use any oil with the butter flavored cooking spray and LOTS of salt.) Also ate some animal crackers in the afternoon. Had pizza for dinner - two slices - with a huge salad, lots of SALT again. Hubby offered me his last piece of pizza but I said No, I have had enough, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge, it can be part of my lunch.

Managed to get in enough exercise yesterday - sometimes I don't on the weekends due to doing stuff or going places or company but I did my running around early in the day.

Hoping for another good day, One thing I am going to change is, no diet sodas. I feel puffy this morning, probably the combo of too much salt and several glasses of Diet Dr Pepper. I don't really need the soda so it can go. I don't drink it all week and honestly it wasn't that great yesterday.

Health to all,

SR :?

jenglish

Ezekiel Bread

Post by jenglish » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:39 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:
Bought a dozen yogurts at WalMart yesterday, plan on having yogurt with flaxseed for breakfast each morning. Also bought SunMaid raisin bread. Will probably toast a slice of that each day as well. :?
Have you tried Ezekiel Bread? It is an organic sprouted whole grain bread, very dense and filling. http://www.foodforlife.com/ There is also an Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread that is WONDERFUL!

I am getting back to having a slice with my yogurt and walnuts in the morning. I also like an egg white omelet with spinach and feta cheese and a slice of Ezekiel toast. Either ke ptme full and satisfied until lunch.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks jenglish, sounds great. I will check it out. I love the hearty whole grain breads.

Happy Monday all,

139 this morning, ate all I wanted to this weekend but also exercise very heavily, both my regular biking/gliding/stepping but also a lot of yardwork like mowing, weeding, transplanting.

Plan to stay the course. It felt great to just pull a top out of the closet Saturday morning and throw it over jeans, not worry about my "roll"....

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

139 - how awesome is that! Now you're BELOW your goal weight! That gives you a little cushion so you can see how your S days will affect your weight. Looks like this weekend's S days didn't hurt one bit! I'm sure the heavy exercise helped. You're my hero Strawberry! It will take me a *little* longer to reach my goal having 30 pounds to drop - but I'll get there too!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 am

Aww, thanks Mimi. Sure you will get there! I am actually surprised as all get out that I have kept eating three healthy meals a day and lost 15 pounds in a little less than seven weeks. However, that is on par with the two pounds a week so I guess it's all good.

What's funny is how my mind has retrained itself. Our house is filled with potato chips/onion dip - Cheezits - tortillas and cheesesauce - cookies - a dozen varieties of Lil Debbies - ice cream - candybars - etc... (They are trying to fatten my husband up after recent surgery).

So, what did I eat on my anything goes days? Airpopped popcorn with nocal butterspray and a dozen animal crackers.....

Love it.

Thanks again. :D

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:55 am

Great job and thanks for all your support!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Well, I weighed 140 this morning and luckily the scale is battery operated not electric... (See my thread on the home page)

Trust me, I will weigh more tomorrow.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 am

Maybe not...maybe it will just be a blip that your body won't notice! In any event, don't give it a second thought!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:46 am

Well, then, okay mimi! Thanks.......

:D

Weigh 140 this morning but feel awful, too much stuff my body isn't used to. Ice cream, diet soda, two glasses of wine last night. No formal exercise, just sloshing around in the rain picking up debris...

However, back on track.

Thanks for the kind words.

SR

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:56 am

Happy Friday All.

139, all is good.

To your health,

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi! Good job! Hope all is well.

I wanted to ask your advice for something. I am 5' 4" and currently 142 lbs. I had been trying to eat about 1200 calories a day. Is that too little? I work out as much as possible, about 4-5 days a week, alternating 40 mintues on the bike one day and 25 minute Jillian Michaels DVD the next. Should I be eating more like 1400-1500 calories or so? I ask you b/c you have done calorie counting in the past. My weight loss has slowed down so much, which is why I am asking. I hear so much about going into starvation mode and I don't know what to believe.

emd1212

Post by emd1212 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:03 pm

I just wanted to say great job, strawberry! You're an inspiration. I'm also 5'4'' and only in my 20's, and am so glad to read about your progress.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm

You're doing great!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

I weigh 141 this morning which is fine except I haven't been eating very well, which is NOT fine. Gotta get back on track. My blood pressure has been very low - like 89 over 51 so I have been pretty weak and dizzy. I have been trying to eat food with lots of salt so probably have been eating stuff I shouldn't. Guess I could eat salted celery instead of nacho chips w cheese, huh?

Oh well, today is Monday - hopefully I can stay the course.

Nicole, I honestly never bought into the whole "starvation" below 1200 calories concept. I would gain weight at 1500 or 1800 or whatever they would recommend for someone who exercises, etc. like I do.

So, for me, 1200 calories is plenty. However, you are a lot younger and don't have the whole post-menopausal thingy going on so you might be different.

I do know for sure that the closer you get to your body's ideal weight, the more your rate of progress will slow.... :roll:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks!!! I don't know what to believe. 1500 calories seems like so much for a shortie like me. It just seems so hard to lose these last 2 lbs all of a sudden and it's really annoying me. I'm trying to find a reason or something.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

And weak is not good!!! Eat some chicken ;)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:36 am

Well, back to 139. It felt good to eat normally again. And you are right, Nicole, weak is not good. I think I was just dizzy from doing so much outdoor work cleaning up from the tornado in the hundred degree heat. All the bending over, etc. is hard on my blood pressure - it has always been very low.

We still have a LOT to do, the adjuster is coming today to view the mess.

I am glad the weekend is over, I actually ate a WHOLE pizza on Saturday, granted it was one of those little 99cent Totinos pizzas but still.....

It felt good to be below 140 this morning. I am trying to average 140 for the month - that will let me know that I can maintain at this level..

We shall see, I don't think I will have any problems today as I already have my meals all planned in my head.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:01 am

Is it Wednesday already? :roll:

141 this morning, feel great. Everything went fine with the adjuster, better than we had thought it would.

I added a mod yesterday on a trial basis. I had been only eating at 10, 2 and 6 or seven but was pretty weak in the late afternoon so I added a mini meal at 4 - however I wasn't terribly hungry for the meal at 7.

We shall see. It was only a couple caramelcorn ricecakes and a few cherry essence prunes (they are yummy, so are the lemon and orange ones).

However, when it was time for my spaghetti and salad - I couldn't eat the salad (ate the spaghetti first while it was hot because it was sprinkled with cheese which was all yummy and hot, of course.)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Weak is definitely not good. I like to eat yogurt and a granola bar in the afternoon. I buy 90 Calorie Chewy Bars. They're delicious! They really help me keep my energy up so I can exercise and cook dinner. Vanilla No S was too hard for me for the whole reason of getting weak. Not only do I hate the feeling, but it makes it impossible to concentrate and then all I can think about is food. Good luck with your experiment!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Morning all, sun is shining brightly into the breakfast nook. Let me grab my glasses - 8) - there, that's better!

140 this morning, feel great but didn't get to do my exercises yesterday. Had just started on the glider when friends came by - had just started on the bike when insurance adjuster called, then we had people stopping by to look at the downed trees in our yard to give us an estimate on cleanup - jeez, don't these people care if my jeans fit or not?

But, back on track. Hopefully will get in the exercise today. I really miss it when I don't.

Happy and Healthy Thursday all. Didn't need my 4oclock minimeal yesterday but it was good knowing in was "there" if I did.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:35 am

It's Friday!

141 today, got all my exercise in yesterday and that felt great. Happy that the maintaining is going well this time, losing and then quickly regaining has ALWAYS been my downfall.

Still have lots of work to do with the yard to clean up the tornado debris but the heat index is going to be 105 today so I will only work in the early morning or late evening. Expecting a break in the weather this weekend, down about ten degrees with lower humidity so that should help.

Enjoy your weekend all,

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 am

Remember lil' Berry even 10 minutes of exercise (3 times a day) gives you great benefits ... if you are interrupted after 10 minutes, nothing prevents you from getting back to exercising later on, again and again if required.

It is better to do the whole 30 minute straight for the cardio but it's not a total waste of time to do
10 min. X 3 either, it's still excellent for you in
the end.

I feel guilty too when I don't exercise, especially since my main exercise now is cycling ... so if it's sunny, I know I have to do the full 51 minutes, I can't waste precious sunlight not exercising or only doing 34 minutes, full 51 required !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/23/2009 : 211.0 pounds
7 months 23 days / 69.0 pounds

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:22 am

Great point marc. I am like you, tho, and have it "planned" at least in my mind. I get cranky when I get interrupted and that's not pretty!

Weigh 140 this morning but feel all puffy. Ate pizza, macaroni and chips. All on my one plate but it still felt like WAY too much food. It will probably show up on the scale tomorrow.

Even drank diet soda.............

In the interim, I will try to be good today.

Or, at least, better.

Happy Saturday All.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:54 am

Good Sunday Morning Journal...

Weigh 139 this morning, ate whatever I wanted yesterday but noticed that I didn't "want" the ice cream, candy bars, 'Lil Debbie snack cakes, etc.

I wanted pretzels, a handful and a bowl of air popped popcorn. Drank some Diet 7 Up, ate normal food. Felt like a normal person in control.

It feels SO good.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 am

Happy Monday. Rise and Shine.

Had a great weekend. Weigh 138, new low for the year. Ties the lowest weight I can remember being for the last decade or so. I was 138 last Thanksgiving (for one day :roll: )

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:47 am

Tuesday, June 30th - another month gone by.

Weigh 137 today, the lowest I can remember weighing for a long, long time.

Feels great, except some clothes are getting too big - but that's okay - some others are finally fitting.

To your health,

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Wow! I don't know how you do it, but great job!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks Nicole.

I actually have never had a problem losing weight - if I eat sensibly and exercise, however the minute I eat just a few bad day's worth of food, five or six pounds reappear.

SO, I am trying to eat well every day, not go crazy on the weekends, etc.

I also have been doing a lot of outside yardwork, cleaning up from the storms. Yesterday I did my 45 mins on the bike, 60 minutes on Gazelle AND then mowed with a regular push mower for two hours....

Was too tired to eat much dinner but did drink a glass of wine and the crust from the hubby's Marie Calendar's potpie (the best part, of course.)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Wow, you do get a lot of exercise! The most I'm able to squeeze in is about an hour at the most. My schedule: Get up, 45 minute commute, go to work for 8 hours, 45 minute commute, 45 mintues of exercise, make dinner, eat dinner, then I have only about 2-3 hours left of me time to do what I really like - embroidery and drawing/painting. I don't know what I'll do when I have a kid in a couple years! lol!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 pm

2 hours ... that lawn must be huge ! ;-) No wonder you are getting slim, all that exercise ... good work, B.

I mowed the lawn yesterday, took me about 30 minutes ... maybe I just walk faster ! ;-)

I think I credited myself with '5 minutes' of exercise for that. lol ! I could really have credited 10, come
on !!

Same during the winter season, when I have to shovel snow ... if it's light snow I split the time it took me by 2 and that counts as exercise time ... if it's heavy snow, no splitting.

Yard work and chores like that really count as exercise, right ? I know when I was doing yard work intensively I was losing weight as well.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/29/2009 : 208.2 pounds
7 months 29 days / 71.8 pounds

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 pm

I mow 3 hours with a rider and I don't do the ditch. I suppose if I pushed, I'd be thin. As for the kids... I have 4 and some days the only "me" time I get is when on that mower! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm

I no longer have to mow...I used to, until a few years ago I tried to back the mower up, but put it into third gear instead of reverse, jumped the whole thing up onto the front porch and hit the brick wall of the house. The mower quit, the front-end nose of it was hanging - and I didn't know how to get it off the porch...I knew I couldn't get down the same way I got up!
Needless to say, hubby wasn't very happy and is very content to do the mowing himself these days!
I'd probably be thin too, if I had to push mow our yard!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am

mimi - There's a plan for ya! Maybe I'll borrow the riding mower.

marc - we mow several acres as actual yard. We own a farm and use all our various pieces of equipment to get it done. The Massey tractor, the John Deere tractor, the John Deere riding mower, the Poulon push mower, the gas weedeater, the electric weedeater, the leafblower, the edge trimmer, etc.

But, we LOVE our yard....I actually am doing more of the work right now as my husband is recovering from VERY serious vascular surgery. He has been more or less confined to the house for 19 weeks now.

Nicole, I am blessed to be retired from the work a day world, owned a daycare center for over twenty years. I also had four kids of my own (in five years) so let me tell you, if you think you don't have much "me" time now,

well - just sayin' (Right reneew?)

Weigh 135 this morning.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:16 am

Wow, amazing! Are you doing "vanilla no-s"?

(Almost makes a girl not want to have kids, btw! But that was my point of my last sentence..)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Yes, I am pretty strict. I haven't had one single snack or sweet or second since I started unless it was a weekend (and don't go overboard then.) I still have bags and boxes of goodies unopened since April - hubby doesn't snack much. Hubby is almost six feet tall and weighs 170... :evil:

Only once did I add a fourth meal between lunch and dinner because I didn't feel good.

I have eaten three good sized meals a day, usually breakfast is yogurt and fresh fruit with flaxseed - lunch is a huge salad with chopped boiled egg, shredded cheese, lots of veggies, homemade dressing (half low cal dressing/half apple cider vinegar) lots of croutons, dinner is whatever I am making that night. BUT only one plateful.

I LOVE the structure of No S, I seem to be okay at this weight, maybe a little thin in the face but it has been 19 pounds! Funny thing, nobody has said a word because nobody thought I needed to lose weight. Hmmmmm.

SR

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 pm

LoL, well the people I see often (ie work people, husband, etc) didn't notice my weight loss, but the people I don't see often, like my sister, noticed. But 19 lbs is a lot, I can't imagine that they haven't noticed!

I'm kind of interested in trying "Vanilla" No-S, but that will take some adjusting. Thanks for writing out your usual food!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Noticed ... or not. ;-)

Funny today I saw a girl I hadn't seen in about ... 9 years.
(A friend of my sister's I rarely see.)

She didn't notice I had lost weight ... but that's because to her .... I hadn't ! ;-)

The last time I saw her I weighed about 205-210 pounds ... that was 9 years ago ... and today I weigh the same, 208 pounds, lol ! I hadn't seen her all the years I was HEAVIER you see. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
( 8 months / -71.8 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 193.0 pounds ( 1 year / -87.0 pounds )

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

Morning all.....

136 this morning, worked really hard last night in the yard (picking up sticks in preparation of future mowing), didn't feel like eating too much when I finally came in and got cleaned up as it was pretty late.

I need to eat more - so tonight I am going to make comfort food I love - chicken and eggnoodles in cream of chicken soup and cornbread.

I will only eat one plate but I am savoring it already.

Have a huge homemade mango waiting for me to gobble at breakfast-time.

Enjoy your day all,

SR :roll:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:12 am

Morning all, Happy Friday.

Feel awful (posted my saga on the main page.)

All puffy, weigh 139, eyes are burning, throat is scratchy. Did a couple hours of weedeating and I guess I over pollinated.

Add that to overeating and I have a severe HEADACHE.

But, I shall recover, never fear.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:11 am

Happy 4th.

140 today, felt great yesterday (after the headache faded).
'
Eyes are kinda swollen this morning, coughing a bit - slept with the window open so that's it, but it was worth it.

:lol:

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:40 am

Happy Fourth to you too Strawberry! Glad you're feeling better!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks mimi, you're a sweetie. I love that this board is so supportive. Trust me, I have been on some boards that are - shall we say, MEOW!!!!

However, you are not so sweet that I won't chase you down for that emerald ring, just sayin' :D

Weigh 138 today.

Had a great 4th, spent most of the day outside - it rained out the local fireworks display but that was okay, we watched the Boston Pops special on tv.

I ate what I wanted, realized I didn't want too much. Ate a bit of this and a bit of that, no huge plates full of food. Didn't eat any dessert, bought some Washington State Bing cherries at the store and they are so yummy, ate a handful of those. Was going to have a root beer float last night but had a bubble bath instead .

Drank a glass of wine before bed, slept great, ready for another day.

Health to you al,l

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Ah, but I'm trainin', I'm trainin' Strawberry! Nobody's gettin' my emerald, ha-ha! :mrgreen:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:36 am

mimi :lol:

Happy Monday All. Weigh 138 this morning. Have a cute story, was browsing the SlimFast website just for info last night. It had a section where you could type in your current weight, height, and the date of an upcoming event you would like to get into shape for - it said choose birthday, anniversary, reunion, etc or choose "other". Well, I chose "other" as I really had no event coming up to lose weight for. It said to put in your current weight, pick the date and it would tell you what you would weigh if you stayed the course. I put in 138 and the date of July 21st. It said

You do not need to lose any weight to attend your "other". Enjoy yourself. That struck me as funny. Love computer speak.

I bookmarked their site to read some of their forums, etc. I get motivated by other's success.

Beautiful morning here, last cool day for a while - going to be back in the high 90's in a couple days. It was so cool yesterday, I had to put on a flannel shirt over my blouse most of the day.

Ate fine all weekend, preparation had a lot to do with it. I bought yogurt, salad fixings, bing cherries, nectarines, etc. at the store. No chips, cookies or candy.

Had veggie pizza last night, it was yummy.

Enjoy your day all,

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Happy Tuesday Journal.

Weigh 138, didn't have a great day yesterday. Was pretty nervous waiting for some medical results from tests my husband had taken so didn't really eat at all until about three oclock. Ate part of a big salad.

Good news is that the tests are fine, so I made lasagna. Ate a big (yes I said big) plateful. It was yummy. Almost made garlic toast but I was too lazy.

Got in part of my exercise, 45 minutes on the bike but got interrupted on the Gazelle by company so did some floor exercises later to make up the deficit.

I hope.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am

Morning all, gonna be a hot one today.

Weigh 137, ate great yesterday - even went to Sonic and had their Oh so Good onion rings and a Route 44 CherryLimeade. Very refreshing.

Have a wonderful day all, I have mowing to do tonight......

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:11 am

Watch working in the heat Berry! Drink plenty of fluids!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks mimi, I do love my water! Luckily we live on a farm with good cold well water cause I drink a LOT...

I usually wait until after six or so at night to mow (would mow in the early mornings but the dew has been pretty heavy - looks like it has rained almost every night.)

I got pretty much done last night, good thing because it is going to be ten degrees hotter today - 101 or so. :shock:

Didn't feel like eating too much after I came in so I just had a salad, didn't even finish it. Made me a wine spritzer with chunks of fresh lime and slept great.

Must have been the lime, ya think? :roll:

I weigh 136 this morning.

SR

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Looks like you're doing great! Sounds like you had something similar to what I had. I still have the cough though. Ugh.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 am

Is it Friday so soon?

Well, party on! :lol:

Thunder rumbling in the distance so we might get a shower or two. That would be fine, the yard work is all done so a nice rain would be refreshing.

Added two pieces of garlic bread to the last of my leftover lasagna and salad meal last night - loaded with garlic salt as my blood pressure was really low yesterday. It was 91/51 - about the same today.

Weigh 137 this morning, trying to keep the weight at this level, not much lower. Not much higher.

Maintaining is actually trickier than losing.

Enjoy your day all. :roll:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Happy Saturday.

138 this morning, purposely ate more yesterday as I am trying to stay above 135. However, I really feel better if I don't eat as much. What a dilemma, I am trying to eat healthy foods like salads, etc. which I LOVE and I added some salty foods like pretzels with my lunch and dinner because my blood pressure is plummeting.

Oh well, I shall figure this thing out, I am sure. I have a few health issues that I have controlled over the past couple of decades - they seem to be rearing their head again since I started No S, how strange as it is such a normal health way to eat.

Didn't sleep too well, lightning and thunder all night! :shock:

Enjoy your day, all.

SR

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Sunday already?.

138 today, ate quite a bit yesterday - blood pressure is 82/41 this morning :roll: but I feel fine.

Had an impromptu pizza party yesterday, had people over unexpectedly, the guys started watching a Bruce Willis move called 16 Blocks and got into it at lunchtime so I just threw some frozen pizzas (Tony's) in the oven, made a huge chef salad, set out some chips and baked beans - made a big pitcher of cerry lime-ade (got fresh limes ten for a buck this week at the store) and ate to my heart's content. Enjoyed every bite.

Yes I did. :wink:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:27 am

Tis Monday - gee those weekends go fast, don't they?

Weigh 139 this morning, ate a lot this weekend, had a lot of fun.

But glad to be back on track today, back to the yogurt and salad kinda eating. Need to purify a bit from pizza and overlysweet Rte 44 Cherry Limeades..

That is the beauty of this program, salvation is always waiting in the wings.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Daily checkin' in here,

Raining hard today, the grass will need mowing again before we even get a chance to sit at the patio table and have a drink :shock:

Oh well, at least we aren't in a drought.

Gotta see the bright side - always!

Weigh 137 today.

Still on track,

la_loser

My Sonic Tonic!

Post by la_loser » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Ah, the Sonic Route 44's. . . gotta love 'em. Here's a post I wrote last year about my fervor for my Route 44 Diet Cherry Coke! It's crazy how excited I got when I discovered last week that they're building a new Sonic really close to my house. Woo Hoo!
. . . that line, I have another "secret weapon" that really keeps me going. My disclaimer--yes it has fake sugar plus a little real sugar--and caffeine--but it's always been my "get me through the day" solution-and it doesn't lead me down a bad path either as far as wanting other foods. It is a Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke with Cherry. Ah, I can nurse one of those all day long. If you don't have a Sonic Drive-in, you may not understand. . . it's a 44 oz. diet coke with a small shot of cherry flavoring, lots of crushed ice--a la the old days when we ordered cherry cokes and vanilla cokes. When my son was little, he dubbed it my Sonic Tonic. I don't have them on a regular basis, but yum. I'm not much of a coffee drinker so I guess this is my substitute.

Once upon a time, I took a new job that was much more attractive because I could see a Sonic Drive-in from my new office! How silly is that!? (That was when, by the way, at a very stable weight-much lower than I am currently!)
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:37 am

Love the story LALoser... I grew up in a small down about an hour west of St Louis. There was an old drugstore in the "downtown" district - cool and dark, tin ceilings, LONG counter with red leather covered barstools, etc. You could get a large Coke for a dime and add vanilla, cherry, lemon even chocolate flavorings. Loved 'em all.

There was even the prerequisite elderly town librarian that lived above the drugstore with her cats, honest!

Happy Wednesday all, Weigh 137 - ate lots of yummy food yesterday. Had yogurt with fresh peach chunks and flax seed for breakfast, a giant salad for lunch and the end of the leftover pizza for dinner. Didn't stress one single moment about food.

I have been able to get in all my scheduled exercise so that's a plus. I hate when I get off track with my exercise.

Drank lots of icewater with lemon slices in it, today I will do lime.

What a normal way to live.

To your health all,

SR

Edited to add, We live in a very small town now but are blessed to have a Sonic. It is a lot of fun - they have classic car shows once a month (we own a 69 Camaro and a 72 Chevy Cheyenne as well as a 82 ElCamino so we love that kind of stuff. We try to make a "date" night at least once a week and go to Sonic, sit out at their picnic tables and have a bite to eat. We had been a bit confined due to hubby's surgery but things are on the uptick again.

I LOVE their onion rings (and, yes, their CherryLimeade - and you can upgrade to the Rte 44 for FREE this summer. so what's not to love?)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 pm

They show Sonic commercials where I live but we have no Sonics around here. It's so annoying!!! I hardly ever eat fast food but their commercials are so tempting... *sigh* lol.

Glad to see you're doing well :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 am

Happy Thursday Healthy Eaters!

Gonna rain again, then it is going to cool off for a week or two. :lol:

137 this morning, it sure it good to step on the scale - morning or night - and weigh in the 130's.

Now I have gone and jinxed it, I will weigh 140 tomorrow.

Last edited by StrawberryRoan on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am

ALMOST COLD here!

Well, it is in the fifties but I had to put on my velvet robe to sit by the open window. I could close the window but heck - the breeze feels good. :D

137 this morning not 140 Whew..... Made the hubby tacos last night - I ate salad. :wink:

Enjoy your weekend all.

SR

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 am

Morning Journal and Journal Readers..

Didn't sleep too well, had a bad No S day yesterday. Had some emotional issues - the hubby is scheduled for serious surgery on August 7th and he insisted on discussing the "what if's" should things not go well - final arrangements, etc. Cried so much I got a splitting headache.

However, everything is taken care of now, we are praying for the best outcome and moving forward.

Unfortunately, that gave me an excuse to forage through the pantry for some odd reason. I ate two orange slices in a plastic bag leftover from who knows when, Christmas? Which Christmas even? They were stale and rubbery and tasted awful, but I ate them! And their friend who was sitting nearby, the S'More's granola bar as well as a couple handfuls of pretzel sticks.

And of course, my three meals yesterday..

And of course, two big glasses of wine last night.

I weigh 137 this morning, feel heavier, feel puffier (uh, the pretzels and wine).

But, the good thing is, I didn't enjoy the food at all. Had I eaten it today - a S aturday, I might have. SOOOO, this plan is working perfectly.

Have plans with my DIL today, a full day of shopping. We will eat at a great little bistro that has wonderful salads with dried red tomato vinaigrette dressing and veggie sandwiches loaded with avacado and sprouts, etc. on seven grain bread. Looking forward to it all....

And, of course, the shopping 8)

Hope you all have a wonderful day as well.

Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh, Berry! I am so sorry for the news you and your husband were given. Please know that I will be praying right along with you for the best outcome. You hang in there. I hope you have a wonderful day of shopping today - that will certainly do you a world of good to get out and clear your head a little.

Love and prayers,

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Aww, thanks mimi, you are such a sweetie.

We do believe in the power of prayer and are grateful for all of those who take the time to send a little word up on our behalf.

I DID enjoy my day yesterday, turns out that the little place we had planned to eat was closed due to some family event they had to attend (what nerve :lol: )

BUT - the family run pizza joint across the square was having Customer Appreciation Month, pizza/salad bar buffet for 2.99... Uh, yeah we went there.

I ate a nice salad and two slices of pizza (actually pulled off the toppings and ate them, left the crust as it was thicker and doughier than I like so why waste the calories eating something we don't like? So, I ate some of the dessert from the salad bar - a dab of chocolate oreo pudding and a few cling peaches. I drank Diet Dr Pepper and had a great lunch with my DIL. Guess what we talked about? No S... She is following the plan as well and loves it.

I didn't eat breakfast, ate my buffet lunch and didn't eat dinner. ON A S day. I didn't have any snacks or anything. Didn't want any. Isn't that odd. The whole "knowing I could have whatever I wanted - and I spent almost two hundred bucks at the grocery store - and I didn't want anything.

Love it.

Weigh 136 this morning.

Hey guess what, went to a consignment shop that was having 50pct off. Got a beautiful cream colored brocade-like lightweight Sag Harbon blazer, fully lined - new with tags AND a pair of Etienne Aigner basic black heels with a great toe, not too square not too pointy for eighteeen bucks total. Gotta love it...

Thanks again mimi, hope you are feeling better.

Berry

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Happy Monday...

Had a great day yesterday.

Ate earlier than normal, a mixed berry lowfat yogurt with a strawberry cereral bar crumbled in - flax seed sprinkled on top.

Made the hubby pancakes and bacon a bit later - I normally would have eaten a couple pancakes while I was cooking his, seriously - just rolling one up with a dab of butter and a spoonful of strawberry jam inside. :roll:

However, the meal just didn't appeal to what I "wanted". I wanted spaghetti!
So, I made spaghetti, mixed in some salsa and sprinkled cheddar/pepperjack shredded cheese on top and popped it under the broiler until it was crispy. Sprinkled it with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Thoroughly enjoyed every bite.

Later in the afternoon I wanted a snack so I ate popcorn and had a Diet Dr Pepper.

Then later I thought I wanted a rootbeer float, made one and only wanted a few bites. But, enjoyed every bite.

Didn't really want dinner but did eat a sliced tomato, a boiled egg and a few of those new crackers that are pretzel on one side/cheddar on the other. They are very crisp and quite good.

Weigh 136 this morning, ate exactly what I wanted to all weekend and enjoyed every minute.

However, today is Monday - back on track. No Snacks, Sweets or Seconds.

It's all good!

Berry :wink:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Sorry about the upcoming surgery... but it sounds as if you're doing well. That speghetti thing you threw together sounded awesome! Mmm.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

THanks so much Nicole, you're a sweetie too :D Everybody is so nice on this board. Trust me, I have been on boards where if a person posted that their husband was facing serious surgery, a dozen people would say -

What are you, some kind of attention wh*re? Who cares :shock:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weigh 137 this morning, didn't sleep very well, it rained all night long. Nothing wrong with rain, my plants are very grateful, but after just cleaning up from a tornado - we're a bit leery of storms.

However, all is fine this morning, the grass is very green and it is STILL raining. But, nice and slow. My tomatoes will be very happy.

Speaking of tomatoes, I made the hubby BLT's yesterday with extra bacon from the bacon/pancake feast on Sunday. They looked yummy - I'm not a real big meat eater so I just ate a sliced tomato.

For dinner last night, I made my broccoli cheese rice concoction. I take a pack of the Knorr mix, cook it, add some roasted chicken chunks (always leftover from when I roast a whole chicken), put it in a casserole, top it with crushed Tostitos white corn chips and cover it with shredded cheese. Pop under the broiler (only has to melt and crisp up the cheese as the rice mixture has already cooked.)... Do you see a trend here? Top anything with cheese, crisp it up and eat it. Luckily we don't have cholesterol problems. Cheese is great protein..... and Yummy! I pick the chunks of chicken out and throw them at my husband's plate - sometimes I miss :roll:

Luckily we have a cat!

Have a great day all,

Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Wow, people say stuff like that? I can't imagine. Rain- it's raining pretty hard right now here.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Yeah, Nicole, there are some cyber people that are - as my daughter would say - crazy nutty!!!

However, I have yet to encounter an unkind person on any of the health/fitness boards I visit. :wink:

Maybe because we are all in this thing together!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Wednesday Journal.

Time flies when you are eating right!

Weigh 138 this morning, still find it hard to understand how easy it is to eat well and maintain. Always before I would lose weight, start eating how I did before, gain weight, lose weight, repeat... repeat... repeat.

This is really a new experience, and a very enjoyable one. To step on the scale morning or night and weigh 130something is a good feeling indeed.

Now gotta stay the course....

Rained all night again, it is cool and foggy this morning. Looks and feels like Fall. We live near a huge sailing lake and can see the mist rising. Very pretty.

Have a healthy day all,

Berry :wink:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 am

Damp cool morning here, almost a record low - 54 I think.

So, take that Al Gore :D

Weigh 137 this morning, ate quite a bit more than normal yesterday. Made homemade apple cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast... Yummy

Had a friend tell me that she could tell this whole hubby surgery thing was wearing me down as my face was looking a bit "drawn"... I actually think it is the weight loss because I agree with her.

I think I actually look better (as far as my skin goes) at 140 but sure don't want to start on the eating/gaining bandwagon again. One wouldn't think a few pounds would make a difference but it really seems to. Why is it that our faces and our jeans want to be at different weights?

We shall see. :roll:

Enjoy your Thursday fellow Journalers.

Berry