bluebunny27's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh, That's good! Funny guy! I wish I was that thin. Be sure to put it on my check-in :wink: so I can remind myself of how slack and lazy I've been compared to the one of Marc on his bike... It's a direct reflection of who's actually loosing and who's at a stand-still.

By the way... I can see the Marc "after" photo already... on a bike of course thin as can be with those green socks on and an emerald shining bright on his hand!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 pm

I entered 'Passed out girl pictures' in the search engine and that's one of the first pics I found ... ;-)

Rain annoyed me again today, It looked like it was about to rain, so I was on my way to the soccer field to do my running intervals ASAP ... and then ... it started raining pretty hard, just as I was getting there !

I turned around and came back home, still was able to do 10 minutes of cycling at least, going to the field and then back ...

I was thinking of trying to wait it out at the library (The library is right next to the soccer/baseball fields) but I didn't know if it would last 10 minutes or 10 hours so I gave up on that idea ... maybe it would have worked though since it turned out it was brief.

oh well, shovelglove and jumping jacks is a great work out too. I'll do that inside later tonight to make up for the missing training time ... 40-45 minutes.

It was annoying especially because the rain only lasted a few minutes (it was over 10 minutes after I got back home), but it soaked the bike path and ruined my running intervals before I even started.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/11/2009 : 206.4 pounds
( 8 months 11 days / -73.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 192.0 pounds ( 1 year / -88.0 pounds )

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Updated habitcal

Today I should do some yard work, planting small trees, etc. It should take me awhile so I'll see what'll do ... maybe it'll count as 20 minutes of 'exercise' ... and then I'll just do a yellow shovelglove day and call it a green anyway, 32 minutes (yellow day) + 20 minutes (credited) yard work.

Diet, I'm green, Baby !! ;-)

Wow, I weighed myself this morning too ...

205.8 pounds, yes ! first time I'm down in the 205's,
I was very good yesterday and I lost 0.6 pound that day.
Shovelgloving and doing jumping jacks for 50 minutes in the evening, sweating bullets.

I changed my objective to 205.4 on 7/16 am ... I should be able to do it pretty easily unless I fail during the next 2 days.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
07/11/2009 : 206.4 pounds
( 8 months 11 days / -73.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Congratulations Marc!!! :wink:
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:09 am

Thanks, Debs !

Rock n' Roll is here to stay, it will never die !!!! ;-)

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0
12-1-2008 266.0 ( Nov. 2008 Down 14.0, Total : 14.0 )
1-1-2009 254.0 ( Dec. 2008 Down 12.0, Total : 26.0 )

1-13-2009 250.0
2-1-2009 244.0 ( Jan. 2009 Down 10.0, Total : 36.0 )
2-19-2009 237.8
3-1-2009 234.0 ( Feb. 2009 Down 10.0, Total : 46.0 )
3-14-2009 232.2
4-1-2009 229.8 ( March 2009 Down 4.2, Total : 50.2 )
4-14-2009 224.8
5-01-2009 221.6 ( April 2009 Down 8.2, Total : 58.4 )
5-15-2009 217.8
6-01-2009 215.6 ( May 2009 Down 6.0, Total : 64.4 )
6-16-2009 211.6
7-01-2009 208.2 ( June 2009 Down 7.4, Total : 71.8 )
7-15-2009 205.4

My objective for july 2009 : I'd be happy to lose 5 pounds this month.

Updated HabitCal
Subject to a few changes.

Weigh in. july 15th am, 205.4 pounds.
Something came up (party planned for friday evening) so my official weigh in was a day earlier than I expected, I was on target though, I was gooooooooood.
Planting small trees for an hour today in the sun so I was losing weight, brandishing that SHOVEL high. Later I also did cardio exercices inside.

204.4 is my objective next time ... in a week, 7/22 ... battling the elements. I'll need the extra day later on to make up for a party or two ... yellow days hopefully no reds ... so it's all good anyway.

Future weigh in dates and objectives

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.6 ( Down 0.6 )
7/10/2009 206.4 ( Down 1.2 )
7/15/2009 205.4 ( Down 1.0 )

7/22/2009 204.4 ( Objective )
7/28/2009 203.4 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 203.0 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/15/2009 : 205.4 pounds
( 8 months 15 days / -74.6 pounds )

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Side note, I was feeling a lil' depressed after having had a bad evening, turned out to be red as I had not one but 2 extra bagels, a few cookies too ... booooing !!!!

I am back on track though, training hard, running intervals at the soccer field, all that good stuff ... I will work on getting down to 204.4 / 204.6 for the next weigh in, at least it's far away now ... 22nd

Lil' girlies showed up mid way through my work out while I was doing running intervals, jumping jacks.
It was pretty funny, I was wondering if some would start doing jumping jacks, lol ! There were about 10 lil' girlies (6 to 8 years old) there just sitting in the shade, running here and there. It's rare that I have an *audience* while working out, they were perplexed by my antics probably. ;-)

The field is next to some kind of building where kids hang out, I suppose, maybe some kind of summer camp activities, who knows ... they were supervised by an ADULT who was there as well watching from the 'bleachers' ...

I probably gained a pound or more from the cheating, that blubber !! .... I am so weak this month, unbelievable !! 3rd time I have a red, definitely not too impressive. I am not giving a very good example,
huh ?? ;-)

Already 3 red nutrition days and it's only the 15th day of the month ! :-( I had only 2 red days during the entire month of june ... THE WEAKNESS !!!

Dictionary.com

Weakness :

"1. the state or quality of being weak; lack of strength, firmness, vigor, or the like; feebleness.
2. an inadequate or defective quality, as in a person's character; slight fault or defect: to show great sympathy for human weaknesses.
3. a self-indulgent liking or special fondness, as for a particular thing: I've always had a weakness for the opera.

4. an object of special desire; something very difficult to resist: PIZZA, BAGELS and COOKIES were Marc's weaknesses (!)"

Ok, I usually try to have 2 greens after a red, so that's the plan now. I'll be lucky to lose 4 to 5 pounds in july the way it's been going so far... and that's basically because of the weakness in the dining room, I have been EXCELLENT with the training, over 90% compliance, barely getting to 75% with the nutrition habit.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:18 am

Marc, try not to be so hard on yourself. The problem really isn't the red day, it's if you let yourself completely spiral out of control. But if you beat yourself up, which you seem to be to me, it's easy to feed the vicious cycle of .... red day... feel bad... get angry at self... feel worse... get more down... etc... have more red days.. etc etc....

Try with *all* your might to just let those days pass, and focus your mind on how far you've come!!! Who wouldn't be proud of what you've achieved. Stay positive. Don't try to take revenge on yourself for a red day, just acknowledge it and learn from it.

I'm gonna paraphrase an audio tape I used to listen to for motivation before I found NoS, on the subject of failure.

Failure is part of the process. If you go into the executive board room of any Fortune 500 company, and ask their president how many failures they have had on the road to success, they will most likely have a list the length of their arm... Just persevere thru them, and even embrace them.. It shows you are trying to get somewhere.
Only people who do *nothing* can say they don't have failures, because they aren't even trying.. People who are trying to get somewhere, are *bound* to have failures.

Hope that made sense. :)

8) Debs

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks Debs, amazing advice !! Very inspirational.

I know it is silly at this point to be so hard and strict ... I am really close to my ultimate year long goal, 13-14 pounds down and I am there. It's tough to be strict for an entire year, I shouldn't have put myself in that situation in the 1st place, I should have done this 5 years ago when I 'only' had 60-65 pounds to lose, not 88 ... I would have been done by now after 8 months, my mistake, unfortunately. I had to wait until I (almost) looked like JABBA THE HUT to do something.... geesh.

I was thinking earlier today that it was silly to be depressed over a weight gain of a pound after I've lost 75, basically ... so it must be true, lol ! I mean I complain about only losing 4 to 5 pounds this month ... and THAT was really my objective on july 1st, I'm so stupid, or maybe I need to have my head examined !! I should be pleased about losing 4-5 pounds, in july 2009 ... not unhappy ... ;-)

I'll just work harder the next 2-3 days and then I'm right back where I'm supposed to be and in good shape ... It's just disappointing not to be 100% strong all the time and to fail ... temporarely at least ! I'm supposed to be perfect @ all times, right ??

Thanks for your support, Debs ! You're so nice and huh ... wise, awwwwwh !! ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 am

It's just disappointing not to be 100% strong all the time and to fail ... temporarely at least ! I'm supposed to be perfect @ all times, right ??
NO!!!

That is dangerous thinking Bunny... very dangerous thinking! Snap yourself out of it as quickly as you can, you hear?
Debs advice was right on - in fact pretty awesome. If you're not trying to accomplish something, you can't fail. Think of your slips as indications that you're on the right track towards reaching your goal.
Give yourself a huge pat on the back and keep going. We'll be cheering for you!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm

I had this great long speach typed in and my computer shut off. Just off!

So, I think I'll shorten it this time. I think that your self-discipline and control are just a reflection of your character and it's the reason that you've done so well so fast. You don't allow yourself to slow down until you get there. I wish I had that. I may have at one time, but I think it's worn down. You just need to be a bit forgiving of yourself and accept... maybe... a bit less... once in a while...maybe... and know that it will all come along with your overall plan. You'll get there. The way that you bounce back is amazing and will get you through, just don't be so harsh on Marc. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks, Mimi & Renee, words of wisdom !
You are wise !

I'll try to remember those things whenever I experience difficulties of course. One year is definitely a very long time so it's tough to be perfect all the time ...

I just need to do better in the next few days, a one day slip won't hurt me too much in the long run, that's something I should be proud of anyway, that I never have 2 red days in a row.

Whenever I have a red day, I am making sure not to do that 2 days in a row so the extra BLUBBER doesn't have the time to stick around for too long.

The training also helps me a great deal ... so it's not all about the diet either, diet & exercise, 50-50 .... since I am struggling with the diet part lately I make sure to be extra good in the other department to make up ...

Blubber :

Dictionary.com
"1. Zoology. the fat layer between the skin and muscle of whales and other cetaceans, from which oil is made.
2. excess body fat.
3. an act of weeping noisily and without restraint."

Thanks again for being so positive, y'all !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:BLUBBER
1. Zoology. the fat layer between the skin and muscle of whales and other cetaceans, from which oil is made.
2. excess body fat.
3. an act of weeping noisily and without restraint."
I like your definitions. And interestingly...
#1 is the fact
#2 is the problem and
#3 is the result.

Now define solution :wink:
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Oh, this should be good...I'm waiting with bated breath...come up with something good Bunny!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Marc, I agree. From the short time I have "known" you, I have found you to be a man of strong character and amazing will power.

You'll be fine,

Now, sniff sniff, I must stop before I begin to blubber.

:cry:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:09 am

On friday I took a day off training exceptionally (First day off training in a month ??), I had too many things going on at once to train, especially MENTALLY ... besides I was really strict with my diet today. I hardly had anything to eat before 6 pm except for an egg salad sandwich, a few almonds, a tbsp. of molasses, a tsp. of peanut butter (Lunch) half a banana and a glass of milk. (late afternoon snack) , nothing for breakfast today, except for a cup of coffee, I suppose !) For dinner, family time, it was ok though, the portion was not huge, and I went easy on the cake too.

Today, I probably only ate 70-75% of the calories I usually have on a typical green day, so it was super green, really, not just green. I am starving even now before bed time, but there's no way I'm eating anything before going to sleep, even if I'm very hungry !

I weighed myself minutes ago, friday night around midnight, The result was 206.4, so I expect to be around 205.0 tomorrow morning and in really good shape to make my next weight objective actually, (204.6 on 7/22 ??)

There was a family gathering tonight and people started to comment about my weight loss, all that ... A few people even said I was 'Slim' now ... well, maybe not very slim, but it's all good !

I usually don't like when my diet or training is discussed openly like that since a lot of people have all sorts of opinions, what to do and whatnot. Since I have been known to be an emotional eater, one annoying comment by someone could get me to have a red day easily.

I'll be happy when my diet & training stops being a subject being discussed by everybody at the dinner table. I don't like people spying on me and watching what I am eating, how I am training, etc. I'll like it better when being more 'slim' won't be a big deal anymore.

I'll quit my whining, finding excuses, having red nutrition days, goofing around and get the job done until the end of july. Tonight was the last 'planned' party or family gathering until the end of this month anyway, so the conditions are optimal now - - to get things done my way without people interfering or offering me big pieces of cake, pizza and whatnot.

Right now, my plan is to blow away my july objective actually, under 203 at the end of this month since I am sick of struggling to make it. I am ready to get ahead of my objective instead of having a hard time getting there as I have been doing in july so far.

Friday I was super good and I had a good result even without exercising, so I see that I just need to boost the compliance to my nutrition habit and I'm there. If I do both things at once, there's no way I won't make it under 203 by august 1st.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Ok, I was almost spot on with my prediction since my weight on saturday morning was 204.8, first time ever I am in the 204's, so I am pleased about that, breaking new ground.

I am planning a double green today. so I should lose some more, maybe getting in the low-mid 204's by tomorrow morning, wow ! 203.6 is my new objective on 7/22 am since I was blowing away my previous objective (204.6)

Plus it'll give me quite a few days left in july to finish very strong, low 202's by the end of july possibly ? Who said july was one of the toughest months so far.
Close to 6 pounds down in july would be better than my original objective anyway.

Then I'll finally be there with ... THE LAST 10 POUNDS (within the next 3 months, august/september/october
- - done.)

Shovelglovin' and jumping jacks inside today since rain is expected all day long saturday (But after that it should be sunny-ish for 4 days in a row)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Great news! Keep going! We had our rain yesterday and today is sunny...maybe I'll try walking this evening - I'll get hubby to go with me. I want to get back to exercising!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks, 'Mi. I was so close to being good this month and I had no clue, really. ;-)

I'll see how it goes but I may lower my final objective on 11/1/2009 to 190 pounds too instead of 192 ... that would make my weight loss for the year : 90 pounds ... Sounds a bit better than 88, heh ! I'll see if I am able to do that, especially during the final month.

I'll maintain after that ... remaining between 187 and 192 long term and working on getting stronger, more muscular and losing body fat instead of losing weight ... less cardio and more weight lifting starting in november. 2/3 strenght training 1/3 cardio .... the opposite of what I'm doing now. 2/3 cardio 1/3 strenght. (That's the system to lose weight, if you reverse this you build more muscles, lose less weight, which will be ok at that point)

I also took my measurements earlier today, something I wish I would have done before starting my weight loss journey so I could see big losses there, inches down ... not sure why but I never thought of doing that !
Another way to monitor your progress of course.

Chest : 42 inches
Waist : 39 inches
Hips : 40 inches

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:07 pm

http://www.csgnetwork.com/hwcratiocalc.html

http://j.photos.cx/Chestwaisthips-18juillet2009-2bc.jpg

Numbers are pretty good, and they should keep improving of course when I am still losing weight and toning up. Toning my CORE, I'll do all sorts of PLANK exercices too starting in november....

Another thing to monitor, so this helps to motivate me to behave as well, not just the numbers on the scale, the numbers on the measuring tape too (I'll only measure once a month with the tape though since the changes will be slower there probably ...

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 am

I have been doing awesome the past few days.

I shovelgloved and did cardio exercices for 51 minutes tonight, I was sticking to my diet all day long, no cheating, I wasn't that hungry, no problems.

I even saved some of my chicken BREAST I was having for dinner tonight. I saved a quarter of it to put in my salad tomorrow since it was too big to eat all at once, really.

I just weighed myself after another super double green day and I could hardly believe it ... 204.6, at midnight, late saturday night ... this means on sunday morning, 9.30am, I'll be at 203.0, 203.2, something like that ... wow, my eyes were popping out of their sockets as I weighed at least 1 pound less than I was expecting tonight !! Blowing away my 7/22 objective at least 3 days in advance.

I was surprised I lost that much today, I probably lost 1.6 / 1.8 pound today according to my calculations.
It wasn't all water weight or anything, I drink plenty of water every day and today was the same, no more no less ...

Surprise, surprise, I'm making a come back after a so-so start this month, 2 awesome days back to back and I'm super motivated now to ATTACK the fat in the remaining days of the month ... I could lose 7-8 pounds this month if I keep rock n' rollin'

It feels much better to be GOOD and succeeding instead of struggling to make it. I'll wait until the end of the month but it is likely now I'll change my final objective to 190 pounds instead of 192 ... if I have a good end of the month in july of course, ending up at 201 or less ...

Unbelievable, In just 2-3 weeks if all goes well, I should see a '1' as the first number on the scale. It will have taken over 9 months to make it there, 250,000 jumping jacks required (!), 200 hours of shovelglovin', cycling, running, weight lifting, sweating ... and DIETING non stop except for a few glitches of course, but not a single slide lasting more than 2 red days in a row (that happened twice, not since march) :-)
10 year low on the scale, huhuh.

Double green planned again for sunday - monday - tuesday ... then double yellow on wednesday ... phew !
If I am really that focused I should be at 202.0 or less on wednesday morning before taking a lil' break that day with a double yellow.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:55 pm

My weight, sunday morning, am.

203.4 pounds.

:-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:46 am

Woo hoo!!!! Look at you!!!!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:50 am

Thanks 'Mi ! You've been an inspiration as well, battling through adversity, that is impressive !! :-)

Yes, another solid day ... Sunday.

I was gooooooood, running intervals for 51 minutes and also following my diet closely, only eating what was written down on my piece of paper so I know I should be alright tomorrow morning ... I should have lost a bit more weight.

Probably not a huge weight loss this time ... I can't lose 1.4 pound every day, heh ! 0.4 to 0.6 pound down
is my usual weight loss for an ordinary double green day .... But it's midnight now and I feel hungry, that's usually a good sign .... the sign I am in the process of losing weight right *now*, lol !

I don't feel like cheating at all though, even if I am hungry ... so that's positive. Mental toughness, yeah !
I am done eating for the day, so I shall not have anything more, not a single bite, not an almond, not a cracker, nothing.

I am in the zone these past few days, really focused on what I am supposed to do ... hence the good results. This month is turning out to be just like march for me, struggling in the first half of the month and then getting in the zone in the 2nd half ... or even better since I only lost 4 pounds in march ... I should lose 6 or 7 this month, those are tougher pounds as well compared to the pounds from march, (more blubber weight back then)

I expect to be around 202.8 - 203.0 by tomorrow morning, monday. If I haven't lost anything, I'll just work hard again but I have a feeling the number will be lower than 203.4, my weight on sunday morning, no reason why it shouldn't happen, I've been good all day long, Sunday.

Monday and tuesday, double green days ! Then I can take a lil' break with a double yellow and prepare mentally for the final dash to the end of the month ...

I wouldn't be too surprised if I was under 202 by the end of july, maybe even under 201 if I keep this solid streak going during the final 7-8 days ... under 202 is a pretty sure thing though, I'd bet the farm on that prediction personally. I think getting closer and closer to the magic number, 200 is a real motivation for me, I don't think I've been under 200 in the past 12 years or so, that would be a good achievement for me, to finally see a '1' as the first number ... I'm so close to seeing that '1', it should happen in early august probably.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:30 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:My weight, sunday morning, am.

203.4 pounds

Incredible!!!!!!!! Good goin'! We're proud of you!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks, Renee !

Actually I was surprised this morning cos' my weight remained the same, 203.4 exactly on monday morning ... even STEVEN. I was sure I had lost weight because I had been very good yesterday, oh well ! I lost 2 pounds since 7/15 so I can't complain too much. ;-)

Sometimes there are weird things going on, hard to explain ... One day I lose 1.4 pound, the next one I don't lose anything even if I was green all day long, lol !

I suppose there are many factors ...

I'll work hard today again to break through the 203.4 'barrier', heh ! Training, 51 minutes (why not 50 ?? ... not sure !!) Running intervals probably ... and then I'll be green as well for my diet,

Close to 80% compliance for the diet now. Took me 3 weeks to go back up to 80%, that'll teach me to behave. ;-) 90% for the training, smooth sailing.

I have also been watching short videos on the computer, I had many STEVE TURANO you tube videos in stock ... he's giving all sorts of tips and tricks, how to train, diet, lose weight, etc. Short capsules,
2-3 minutes each but I must have 75-100 to watch so I do that a bit every day ...

http://www.bodyperformancetv.com/

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:18 pm

It seems to me that you've already got it down and you should be writing us information. We still want to know how your mind works when you give it your all and don't accept slowing down... let alone quitting. I hope you know that I am going to give it my all in September. I'm also watching myself closely until then so I don't slip. I was feeling a bit too much pressure of the wrong kind this month. I was tempted to call little snitches o.k. so I wouldn't have to write them on the challenge page :oops: , and that's when I start to cheat myself. At the end of March, remember I discovered that I "snitched" over 2000 calories doing that. I cheat myself. I can't allow any cheats now. Anyway, I will gear up for September and be supercharged!!! You'll be in the 190s by then you brat. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks Renee ! It's always nice to get complimented !
;-) I am proud !

I like watching the Steve Turano videos, of course what he is talking about I was already doing in a lot of cases ... but I like picking up a few tricks here and there. I am not an expert either, but I have researched all this quite well, how to eat, how to train ... so I would get good results rather quickly.

It's tougher when you live with lil' kids of course, in august I'll be babysitting my nephew 5-6 days in a row I think ... starting around the 7th, so that should be an experience. ;-) It'll be tougher to eat well and exercise too then, but I'll try to be good.

I weighed myself this morning, tuesday, 203.0 .. down 0.4 from yesterday after a double green day, gooooooooood.
(Change of plan, instead of running intervals I shovelgloved and did cardio exercises last night, I was running out of daylight time to go to the soccer field)
;-)

I would be happy to have the same result today, losing 0.4 pound. Ending up at 202.6 on wed. morning and then I can take a lil' 'break' that day with a double yellow. Tomorrow morning is an official weigh in too.

Recent numbers .......

July :
01 208.2
06 207.2
10 206.2
14 205.2
18 204.8
20 203.4
21 203.0

22 202.6 ( Objective )
28 202.2 ( Objective )
01 201.8 ( Objective )

Running + J-Jacks : 51 minutes today
Diet, Green of course, I don't have a big margin of error for the diet since I struggled early on, I am barely hitting 80% compliance this month due to my sluggish start so I can't afford another red if I want to make it to 80% for july.

I also found this tv show on Discovery Health called 'Diet Doctor' ... the lady was giving all sorts of good tips, what to eat, etc. I noted a few things down. She was talking about this diet that was featured, explaining how it worked, etc.

I forget the name of the diet now. It was the name of the inventor ... There were good ideas in there but it excluded a lot of things, no bread, no pasta, no this, no that ... also she was sayin' you should eat salmon every day basically. The inventor said he ate salmon 10 times per week ... :-)

The inventor of the diet was also pushing those really expensive supplements you were supposed to take. Oh, they may be good, but 500$ each time to buy supplements 3 or 4 times per year ?? Not too many people could afford that.

The doctor was sayin' they weren't necessary anyway. The show is on once a week, it was the 1st time I watched it, I suppose every week they feature a different diet and they also give more general tips.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Goal : 11/01/2009 : 190.0 pounds ( 1 year / -90.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:11 pm

I've changed my mind (imagine that!) and I will be doing a challenge in August. Just thought I'd tell you so you can reserve your spot. :wink: It should be a real challenge for you...HA! I can't wait!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh good, hopefully it'll be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry challenging !!!! I need a challenge ... right *NOW* !! ;-)

My weight this morning, 202.8, double yellow today,
I need a lil' break. 32 minutes shovelglove + J-Jacks today.

7/01/2009 208.2
7/06/2009 207.2 ( Down 1.0 )
7/10/2009 206.2 ( Down 1.0 )
7/15/2009 205.4 ( Down 0.8 )
7/22/2009 202.8 ( Down 2.6 )

7/28/2009 202.2 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 201.8 ( Objective )

I should be under 202 at the end of this month ... maybe even under 201 if all goes well. Anything under 202 would be alright though.

Just yesterday I was looking at myself in the mirror and I thought I looked thin. It was like a different person there really.

My journey ... Getting closer to the end ... :-)

I made a SpreadPro file to monitor my weight yesterday too ... here's a picture :

It'll be helpful especially when I am maintaining my weight in a few months. I can enter my weight on a semi daily basis and the average for the week is indicated right away. This way I can see if I need to step it up in case I start gaining some weight, etc.
Easy to post the picture here as well + I can see 10 months' worth of daily weigh ins at a time with the font I selected ....

Using the average weight of the week is a good idea (especially when you are trying to maintain) cos' I know on a daily basis my weight can go up or down a pound easily but it's not really permanent. Geesh, if I had thought of doing all this back in the early 1990's (when I lost 35 pounds within 100 days) I wouldn't have gained all this weight from 2001 until 2008, I would have had all these tools to prevent this from happening instead. That's why I have to work so hard, so long, now, my bad. That'll teach me to behave.

It's based on this chart somebody made, I found it online. (This young man went from 290 to 200 within a year, very similar to my own journey, 280 to 190 within a year.) I indicated august instead of july by mistake, but I corrected that just now.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/22/2009 : 202.8 pounds
( 8 months 22 days / -77.2 pounds )

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Simple day today.

Double green.

I'll try to run intervals and do a bit of cycling too. (It may rain but I think I'll probably be able to do it before it starts since it'll rain in the evening if it does at all.

Diet, green as ALWAYS. ;-)

My weight this morning, 203.2 pounds. I gained 0.4 pound yesterday with a yellow training day. The good news is now I have greens lined up until the next weigh in as usual, so I should go down closer to 202.2 until my next official weigh in on the 27th in the morning
I believe.

Updated habitcal

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey Marc,

Where's the party when you break 200?

And are we drinking cheap red wine?

Please?

:D

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Berry, you're naughty even without drinking any wine at all, so it's mineral water for you, darlin' !! ;-)

Hey, It'll be weird to be under 200 pounds ... It should happen between the 10th and the 15th of august according to my MASTER PLAN (!)

I've been imagining it, lol ! Finally I'm not on the DARK SIDE anymore, not over 200 pounds ... I almost made it to the OBSCURE SIDE, over 300 but thankfully I started my journey before goin' there.

No party, I'll probably rejoice for 30 seconds and then I'll get right back to running, cycling, shovelglovin', jumping jacking (?), dieting ... what I usually do ! (I was running like crazy at the soccer field just a few minutes ago, sweating bullets. Those running intervals are tough, but my speed was spot on today, I was surprised, even by the end of the work out I was still quite 'speedy' ;-) ... I guess I run more efficiently when I haven't done it the day before ...

When I try to run intervals 2-3 days in a row it's definitely harder, my PUNY legs seem to have a tough time getting going on the 2nd or 3rd day) It would probably be a good idea to alternate, running, cycling, shovelglovin' ... if I can work out outside on consecutive days. I may look into that.

I won't be able to relax a bit more until nov. 1st 2009 actually ;-) ... I'm on the dead run until then. It'll be weird to be in the maintenance mode too but I'm sure it'll seem rather easy compared to what I'm doing now.

PUNY :

Dictionary.com
"1. Of inferior size, strength, or significance; weak: a puny physique; puny excuses.
2. Unimportant; insignificant; petty or minor: a puny excuse."

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Okay mineral water (spritzer) it is!

I'm cheerin' ya on buddy.

:wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Alright, good result this morning on the scale, better than I anticipated ... 202.0 pounds exactly. Down 1.2 pound from yesterday. ;-) I worked out really hard yesterday, it was intense so I am glad it paid off. (Also I had a yellow nutrition day before that so I was probably a bit over yesterday for that reason)

I am getting good at burning calories, even after I'm done working out ... I was losing weight while watching the Canadian football league on tv last night, that's nice. Plus our team won easily, heh. Montreal Alouettes vs Hamilton Tiger Cats. :-)

Interval training, yes ! Whoever invented that training method, I salute you. :-)

When I do that at the soccer field, this is my routine :

Cycle to the soccer field, 8 minutes. (Counts as a warm up too) The place is usually deserted, if there's a game going on I can always use the baseball field right next to it, I only did that once so far though)

- 35 sec. jumping jacks, Rest 25 sec.
- 10 sec. run at about 85% of my top speed, walk back quickly to where I started running. Rest 25 sec.

- 35 sec. jump rope, Rest 25 sec.
- 10 sec. run at about 85% of my top speed, walk back quickly to where I started running. Rest 25 sec.

- 35 sec. squats, Rest 25 sec.

I do that for 45 minutes ... going from one exercise to the next, then starting over ... then the last 6 minutes, I only do running intervals but I run for 15 seconds at 85% intensity instead of 10 and I rest for 40 seconds in between sets.

Total : 51 minutes. My pulse is usually in the 150's once I am done with a running interval, goes down to 120 after I am done walking back and resting 25 seconds, goes back up once I start working out again.

I rest 30 seconds ( and drink some water) after the first 20-30-40-45 minutes.

Stretching. I stretch my legs for about 5 minutes after I am done working out, helps to prevent problems the next day, sore muscles, etc.

Cycle back home, 8 minutes. Cool down.

Running non stop would be very hard, so that's why I mix in other calisthenic exercises, I alternate so I'm not running the entire time ... plus it's not jogging, I run harder than that to get more benefits in less time.

I actually changed my routine today and I'll only do a yellow for the exercise instead of a green ... I'll slow it down a lil' bit there since I am already blowing away my initial objective to lose 5 pounds in july, I could lose 8 if I went a bit nuts :-) 7 would be alright though ...

Shovelglove in the evening, 32 minutes.

August will probably be a bit tougher as I'll babysit my nephew for many days in a row starting on the 7th ... 5-6 days in a row, not sure now, but it's harder to eat well and exercise when I am babysitting so it's good if I only have to lose 4 or 5 in august.

Diet's still green today though, it hasn't been that hard to resist the temptations. It feels good to be so focused finally after a terrible start in july. I'm making up for naughty behavior early in the month by being super good since the 16th-17th

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Hey marc, serious question for you.

You obviously love to exercise so when you reach your target weight, how will you keep from losing more?

I know you won't eat "bad" foods, so will you just try to add more snacks, exercise less or what?

I have always felt (in my own experience) that losing was the easy part. There is a set goal, something to strive for.

Maintenance FOREVER just seems, well, endless.

:roll:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Hum, a bit of both probably ...

Eat a bit more (GOOD FOOD !), exercise a bit less ... that should be enough to maintain long term. 1 year is a long time, long enough to learn what I should do ... how to train, what to eat, etc.

The 2nd phase of this journey, after I am done with the weight loss, will be the TONING UP, so I'll switch it around ... instead of doing :

2/3 cardio, 1/3 weight training as I am doing now, it'll be the opposite ...

1/3 cardio, 2/3 weight training. This should last for an entire year probably. (Again, I don't know how it'll turn out, I predict that now, but I may change the % ... when you are trying to lose weight, you do a bit more cardio then weight training though, not as much cardio when you are not trying to lose pounds, but trying to gain muscles instead)

Nov. 2010, that's when I should be at my best basically, 187-190 pounds ... but some of the weight related to remaining fat will have turned to MUSCLES so even though I'll weigh the same, I should be even more fit, buns of steel that sort of thing, lol ! ;-)

I'll weigh myself 4-5 times per week when I am in the maintenance phase to make sure I don't gain weight and I'll monitor my habitcal, % of compliance to both my training and diet to make sure I am on track ...

Right now my target % for both of those habits is 80%
(I am at 89% on the training habit this month though, 81% for the nutrition) and I am losing 6-7-8 pounds per month lately.

I think lowering these to 65% - 70% will be enough to remain at the same weight, but this is just a guess, I don't really know for sure ... I can adjust any time though, up or down 3-4-5% compliance, training a bit more, a bit less, same with the diet ...

Green day = 1 unit
Yellow = 0.6 unit
Red = 0 unit
Divide by the number of days to get the % of compliance. With all these tools I see this working forever, really.

That's why I was thinking it was a good idea to monitor my weight more closely using my new SPREAD PRO file, I can crank it up at will if my weekly average starts creeping up again ... over 192 pounds for example. Using the average makes sense and it's less pressure on me too.

New weight maintenance file picture, I use it already but it'll be even more useful when I am trying to maintain.

It sucked being overweight so I doubt I'll be bored being in good shape, even in the long run. I maintained between 1993 and 2001 easily ...

I only started gaining weight from 2001 to 2008 because I stopped training and I was eating too much bad food on a regular basis overnight.

I was in really good shape before gaining weight though, from 1993 to 2001 ... I just made a big mistake to quit everything back in 2001 ... I gained 20 pounds the first year after that and then probably 10 pounds per year.

Took 7 years to go from 190 to 280 ... and now it'll take me 1 year to do the opposite, lol ! I don't plan on ever having to do anything like this again. It's my 2nd time already (I lost 35 pounds within 100 days back in the early 90's)

I also didn't have any of those tools though, habitcal, spreadpro files, etc. Those will help me a great deal to behave. Live and learn.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Sounds like a great lifestyle plan to me, marc.

You sure are organized,

love all those charts and graphs...

Very interesting to know ya, my friend.

I've been experimenting with eating more today - taking a purposeful red day. Nothing nutty, just healthy food more often.

May have to tweak the system a bit, go out on the limb a little as you did, to stay a No Ser but maintain my 140 weight. Probably add a mid morning snack and midafternoon. Can't really eat three HUGE meals as I don't like that stuffed feeling.

Was reading another health board where they were talking about Kelly Ripa, how she looks too gaunt at her weight - don't really know, don't watch her. However, the discussion was about as she ages she cannot expect to keep her pretty face with an 89 pound body.

Luckily, I am a long way from 89 pounds. :roll:

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Bunny - you're an Iron Man! What determination...

IRON MAN:

1. A fictional character, a superhero that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics.

2. A powerhouse Canadian otherwise known as Bluebunny27 - often seen cycling madly or tearing up the local soccer field with various forms of interval training.

Wow!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Mimi, you made me laugh, hehe ! Good job ! RoadRunner - beep beep !

Berry, thanks again for your positive attitude, always nice to see ! Don't worry about your weight too much, you're already *HOT*, I'm sure. 140, come on. You should be proud.

Ok, weigh in this morning, 201.6, nice ! I only did a yellow training day yesterday, and it should be the same today .... 32 minutes, either running or shovelglovin' depending on the weather. I'd like to run today since I didn't do it yesterday (I Shovelgloved)
so that would be ideal ....

Diet, still green. I am surprised because it was really hard early in the month but now I am not even micro biting or anything, I am 100% there, eating only what I am supposed to be eating at the moment. That explains my good results this week.

I need to SLOW DOWN or else I'll drop under 200 before the end of the month, :-) That's why I changed my training from green to yellow 2 days in a row. I still get benefits from a yellow training day of course and my % of compliance to that habit was 89% yesterday so I am overdoing it this month as I am supposed to be closer to 80% ... this means I can afford to relax a bit more and take 4-5 intentional yellows until the end of the month and I'll still end up over 80% ... nice ! It's good when you have options !

Updated Photo :

Next official weigh in is on the 27th .... my objective was supposed to be 202.2 .... but I'll be around 201.4 instead ... then a short dash to the end of the month ... hopefully I'll be around 201 by the end of july. That would be great, losing 7.2 pounds in july after a rocky start. After that it'll be the final stretch for me ...

I plan on losing 4 pounds in august, 4 in september and 3 in october .... 201 - 11 pounds in 3 months = 190, yes ! I'll adjust if necessary of course, but I'll definitely do everything I can to be there, 190 on nov. 1st 2009.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 am

Change of plan, I did a green running interval day today ... I should do my yellow training day tomorrow instead (They switched places) I'll see how I feel anyway, I was feeling good today about working out hard for 51 minutes, not just 32 ..., if it's the same tomorrow and it's nice outside I may do the same ...

*** UPDATE, I was just reading that it's actually not a good idea to work out for 51 minutes straight on my cardio as I was doing, it can lead to a loss of muscles since your body is stressed for a period of time that is too long (especially the way I did it, with intervals,
lol ! At least I make sure to eat something an hour before and after work outs, so it gives me some energy to perform the work out and then replenish my system, less chance of having problems and losing muscles that way.) ... Anyway starting tomorrow I'll reduce the number of minutes I work out (Cardio).

A GREEN DAY will now be a training session that lasted 40-42 minutes instead of 51. A YELLOW DAY will now be a work out that lasted 25-27 minutes instead of 32. I was just reading about this and most people were agreeing that it was better to work out harder for shorter periods of time. So that's what I will be doing. I'll try to crank up the intensity and shorten the training time since that's better to improve the cardio, burn more calories, etc.

I'll save a couple of yellow days for the very end of the month instead of having 'em this weekend ... Plus when it's finally SUNNY outside I have to take advantage ... instead of having an intentional yellow and then complaining that it's raining again the following days and I can't train outside. :-)

Diet's been a bit on the yellow-ish side earlier today actually ... it could have been better. I am considering giving myself a yellow, but I cut some things I was supposed to have in the evening, so it'll make up for the way I was cheating a lil' bit during the day (nothing excessive though) Maybe I'll decide the COLOR I deserve depending on what the scale says next morning, lol ! If I am above 201.4 / 201.6 pounds, it'll be a yellow for sure) I am super good in general though, I could have had pastries with vanilla ice cream when I visited a friend earlier tonight but I chose not to ... I just had a 2nd cup of coffee instead, no dessert at all, not even a cookie. I wasn't even tempted to have a bite of the fancy french pastries, crazy !

I also cut down on the ALCOHOL again recently. I find that since I have lost some weight, it takes a lot less alcohol for me to have a nice lil' 'feeling' ... I can drink 25% less now than I did just 3-4 months ago, no problem. Having less alcohol also helps me to lose weight of course, lots of calories in beer/wine/vodka
so it's a double benefit. It's the 2nd time since I started this journey that I cut down on the alcohol, now I probably only drink 50-55% of what I used to drink when I weighed 280 pounds last year. Once a week, usually the day of an official weigh in, I may have a few drinks, 1 beer and 2 glasses of wine, something like that ... (automatic yellow !)

The Tabata Protocol !! Yes !! ;-)

This is the way I'll train starting next april/may probably (When I am more fit and I want quicker work outs) ... that's even more intense than the intervals I'm doing now but the big advantage is the entire work out only lasts 14-16 minutes and then you are done for the day. The middle part where you are in maximum overdrive is the Worst 4 minutes of your day though. ;-) I'll see if I can handle it ... but I read there were benefits even starting this with a 1:3 work rest ratio instead of the pro athletes' 2:1 ratio, you just have to do a few more minutes then ... at least when you are a beginner with this method. ;-)

More info below.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Alright, 202.2 this morning so I gave myself a yellow for yesterday ... I knew I had eaten a few salty things so I am not too surprised actually. I didn't eat a lot yesterday but I ate some salty things that I would not normally have, hence the result.

This really proves to me the effect of 'SALTY FOOD' on my weight actually, cos' I had trained hard for 51 minutes in the sun that day, on a normal day doing that would lead me to lose around 0.4 pound (sometimes even more !) but I gained 0.6 pound that day instead, a 1 pound difference, the effect of the salty food, no doubt.

I cut quite a few things I was supposed to eat later in the day and I gained 0.6 pound, so I was very hungry last night and it was not enough to make up for the slip up earlier in the day. I was starving all evening long and I still gained weight. That sucks ! ;-)

I should have a better result tomorrow morning and get back in the 201's.

I'll see if I can work out outside today, chance of rain in the afternoon. If it does I'll do a yellow shovelglove & jumping jacks day inside, 27 minutes.

Diet, green, this time... I'll avoid SALTY things today, lol !

Official weigh in tomorrow morning, I would like to be around 201.2 - 201.8, losing some of the water related weight I gained yesterday.

My 1st week using my new Weight file on the pc, works really well. 202.6 pounds is my average for the week.
I should weigh 4-6 days per week on average.

Correction, I think I'll weigh every day instead, so I am not tempted to avoid entering a higher weight after a red day, this way it'll be easier to compare my weight from week to week. I'll mostly pay attention to the average for the week, not the individual numbers. The average is a more significant number. :-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:Alright, good result this morning on the scale, better than I anticipated ... 202.0 pounds
:shock: ...and that olympic ski slope is quite impressive!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:20 pm

.... and the irony is that .... I don't even SKI !! ;-)

I will be glad when this month is over because it'll be my last 'tough' month, really ... I am almost reaching my final objective now and in the next 3 months I will only have to lose 3-4 pounds per month on average.
That will be easier than the 6-7-8 pounds pace I was keeping in april-may-june-july ...

I'll only have to lose half those numbers during the final 3 months to make it ... which doesn't mean it will be a walk in the park, but at least I'm not stuck with 25 pounds to lose during the final 3 months to make it, it'll only be around 11 pounds if I behave the last few days in july.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 pm

bluebunny27 wrote: I will be glad when this month is over because it'll be my last 'tough' month
Ha!!! :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6
7-15-2009 205.4

My objective for july 2009 : I'd be happy to lose 7 pounds this month.

Updated HabitCal
Subject to a few changes.

Official Weigh in. july 27th am, 201.0 pounds. Excellent ! Even better than I expected. I knew I was retaining water from the day before because of the salty food I ate ... ;-) Today, I should shovelglove and do jumping jacks inside since it'll be raining all day. 40 minutes, the diet should be yellow, I need a lil' break before the big finish in july, going under 201.0,
yes !

Side note, I had a diet related dream last night, it was funny. I was drinking some SODA POP (Pepsi !) after a work out, and then I turn the bottle and I see the label ... I see that it was the REGULAR full-of-sugar kind not the DIET kind as I thought, so I am all pissed off I was drinking all that sugar right after a work out ... I throw away the rest of the pop in the sink and then I start working out again, I am pissed off at myself for not checking the label properly. ;-)

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.2 ( Down 1.0 )
7/10/2009 206.2 ( Down 1.0 )
7/15/2009 205.4 ( Down 0.8 )
7/22/2009 202.8 ( Down 2.6 )
7/27/2009 201.0 ( Down 1.8 )

8/01/2009 200.8 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/27/2009 : 201.0 pounds
( 8 months 27 days / -79.0 pounds )

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 am

I can so relate to your car story, Marc, unfortunately...I am the queen of lock-out...my car, my house, my classroom - you name it, if I have a key to it, I'll be locked out. :oops: BUT - I never thought of such a simple remedy as yours! My remedy always was to make another set of keys and hide them somewhere - usually in my car...and then I'd lock myself out of it.
Anyway - I love your solution...jiggling your keys in your hand BEFORE locking...well, I guess not only are you an Iron Man, you're a mastermind!

masâ‹…terâ‹…mind
dictionary.com
–verb (used with object)
1. to plan and direct (a usually complex project or activity), esp. skillfully: Two colonels had masterminded the revolt.
–noun
2. a person who originates or is primarily responsible for the execution of a particular idea, project, or the like: the masterminds of company policy.

It's all good!

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 am

bluebunny27 wrote:I will be glad when this month is over because it'll be my last 'tough' month, really ... I am almost reaching my final objective now and in the next 3 months I will only have to lose 3-4 pounds per month on average.
That will be easier than the 6-7-8 pounds pace I was keeping in april-may-june-july ...
You think?! I hope it is the last tough month for you and I wish you well but I think you will find you'll have more than a few tough months ahead yet. It's the last few kilos (or pounds) that are the hardest to remove. I dropped 8 kilos in a few months easily and I've been sitting at my current weight and body fat for almost 2 years now. Admittedly I'm reasonably lean but trying to remove the final 2 or 3 kilos and show my 6 pack is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than anything I've lost so far.

It also takes a bit of attention to keep the weight off once you reach a goal. I'm sure you've met a few yoyos in your time just as I have; weight comes off, weight goes back on, and so the cycle repeats.

I've got to say though, your results so far have been awesome and it's great to see the hard work paying off. You definitely put more effort into it than I would ever bother with. Good luck to you Marc. :D

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:28 am

'Mi, you are doing my DEFINITIONS now, lol ! I've created a monster !! ;-) 'It's all good' ... yeah. using my peculiar phrases as well ... naughty. You should behave - - more !
:-)

I like your ideas though. Hum, yes, the jiggle, I came up with that on my own ... I was sick of always forgetting my keys ... once I forgot 'em in there with the radio on and I think even the WIPERS were on since it was raining ... crazy ! I think it was the day I had an exam in college so my mind was elsewhere ... thinking about the test ! ;-)

I haven't forgotten 'em in years using this 'jiggle' trick.
(But I still keep an extra key in my wallet just in case !)

Bushranger, sorry but I am very confident .... I am so used to doing this by now I have a lot of confidence, it's not like I want to drop to 160 or something, I still have a bit of blubber I can lose pretty easily, especially the way I monitor myself, to make sure I do what I'm supposed to be doing, you see.

No yo-yo's for me ... as long as I've got my mind made up ! I am so close to my goal now, seems like there's no way I can't achieve it ... I'll have to SLOW DOWN, on the contrary, mate. 179 messages in less than a month, you're a human dynamo ! :-)

Good luck on your journey, Sir. I'll be cheering for you too.

I was just looking at my face in the mirror and I was thinking I looked quite THIN, it's pretty shocking when you lose 79 pounds in less than 9 months ... the other day I met someone I hadn't seen since february and she said I looked like a different person now ... hum, is that good or bad !!?? ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Ok, I weighed 201.8 this morning ... not bad actually.

I had a beer, a glass of wine last night, also 3 chocolate chip cookies ... that was my 'Extra' food for the day. Counts as a yellow.

I should be closer to 201 by tomorrow morning again.
Losing some of the beer/wine/cookies related
weight, ;-)

Running intervals on tuesday ... but only for 27
minutes (Yellow). Shorter and more intense work out. Good.

To make my work out more intense, I cut down on the resting time in between intervals. 5 seconds less each time, it makes it more challenging.

I have to go to the library to bring back a book ... it's convenient since the library is right next to the soccer field, so I can do my intervals after bringing back the book.

Green diet today.

I updated my weightchart.com profile yesterday ....

Prognosis .... ON TARGET ! :-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:51 pm

I've created a monster !!
Yes...he, he, he! :twisted:

Remember...it's all good!!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Monster–noun
1. a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2. any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3. any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
4. a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
5. any animal or thing huge in size.
6. Biology. a. an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure, as from marked malformation or the absence of certain parts or organs.
b. a grossly anomalous fetus or infant, esp. one that is not viable.
7. anything unnatural or monstrous.

Which one are you guys? Not #5... Ha! Yea, it's all good? :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 pm

"He did the mash
He did the monster mash"

;-)

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/page ... tmash.html

Song Lyrics: "Monster Mash"
Recorded by: "Bobby "Boris" Pickett and The Crypt-Kickers"
Written by: (Bobby Pickett and Lenny Capizzi)
Single: Released in 1962

"I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

From my laboratory in the castle east
To the master bedroom where the vampires feast
The ghouls all came from their humble abodes
To get a jolt from my electrodes

They did the mash
They did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
They did the mash
It caught on in a flash
They did the mash
They did the monster mash

The zombies were having fun
The party had just begun
The guests included Wolf Man
Dracula and his son

The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds
Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds
The Coffin-Bangers were about to arrive
With their vocal group, "The Crypt-Kicker Five"

They played the mash
They played the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
They played the mash
It caught on in a flash
They played the mash
They played the monster mash

Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring
Seems he was troubled by just one thing
He opened the lid and shook his fist
And said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?"

It's now the mash
It's now the monster mash
The monster mash
And it's a graveyard smash
It's now the mash
It's caught on in a flash
It's now the mash
It's now the monster mash

Now everything's cool, Drac's a part of the band
And my monster mash is the hit of the land
For you, the living, this mash was meant too
When you get to my door, tell them Boris sent you

Then you can mash
Then you can monster mash
The monster mash
And do my graveyard smash
Then you can mash
You'll catch on in a flash
Then you can mash
Then you can monster mash "

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

friscobob

Awesome!

Post by friscobob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 am

You have achieved some awesome results, Marc. Keep it up!
Health Is The Greatest Wealth!

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:26 am

~reneew wrote:Monster–noun
1. a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2. any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3. any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
4. a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
5. any animal or thing huge in size.
6. Biology. a. an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure, as from marked malformation or the absence of certain parts or organs.
b. a grossly anomalous fetus or infant, esp. one that is not viable.
7. anything unnatural or monstrous.

Which one are you guys? Not #5... Ha! Yea, it's all good? :wink:
Ha! You're very funny Renee...but, yeah, it's all good! :wink:
And Bunny -
"He did the mash
He did the monster mash"
???????? Don't you mean *She* did the mash
*She* did the monster mash

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:39 am

Thank you, Frisco, Mimi, Renee ! ;-)

I've been thinking if all goes well in august/sept. and I lose another 9 pounds (Weighing 195 on sept. 1st and then 191 on oct. 1st.) , I may try going under 190 on nov. 1st actually ... I might aim for 187-188 possibly, if I keep rollin' like this of course. Then I'll maintain at that weight (187-190) and my CEILING WEIGHT will be 190 (average for a week) If my average weight for a week is getting close to 190, I know I have to kick it into high gear and lose a couple of pounds ....

92-93 pounds down in a year ? Anyway I am thinking about it now, it will all depend on how it goes in august/september ... I need to lose around 10 pounds in 3 months but if I lose 9 in 2 months, I might change my goal so I have a lil' challenge left for the final stretch instead of having a '1' pound goal for the final month, that's maintaining my weight, really ! ;-)

I am strong these days, earlier tonight I felt quite hungry, so instead of grabbing cookies and whatnot I had a few handfuls of plain pop corn instead, drank some water and then I was fine ... no cheating, especially so close to the end of the month, I want 4 green nutrition days in a row to finish the month under 201, I'll probably be very close to 200 ...

I was good all day long today ... I only did a yellow training day at the soccer field but it was very hot & humid, so my t-shirt was soaked by the time I finished my 26 minutes (Running intervals) It was a long 26 minutes let me tell you, lol ! I made sure to drink plenty of water, so I wouldn't pass out. :-)

I expect to be in the low 201's by tomorrow morning, maybe even lower than that ...

I am longing to see a '1' as the first number on the scale, it should happen very soon ... probably during the 1st week of august ... unless it happens TWO DAYS FROM NOW (!) On wednesday I am planning a double green day, so that could be the one ... the day where I finally see a '1' ...

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:39 am

Marc, have you experienced any fatigue issues with the constant intensity you apply? I know for myself that if I don't have a mix of hard and easier days I tend to burn out if it's all just hard days and eventually need to rest a few days to recover. This was especially evident when doing powerlifting and other heavy lifting training. I did know some guys who seemed to be able to go hard all the time though. Are you one of those lucky types?

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 am

Hi BushRanger !

Hum, no ... I'm not tired really.

I mix the yellow and green training days lately ... so it almost feels like a vacation ;-)

If I get really tired I just do a few yellow days in a row ... or I take a day off, no training ...
but that is very rare for me ... I took one day off during the entire month of june and one in july as well. ;-)

I am pretty young, 37 years old and I eat really well now ... so maybe that could an explanation. Plus I don't lift weights other than my shovelglove at the moment, so it's not heavy lifting ... My shovelglove weighs 14 pounds, if I trained with more heavy weights it would be a different story. I can train using my shovelglove many days in a row, no problem.

Also I am used to working out hard, before gaining weight I was training all the time, from 1993
to 2001 ... I was lifting weights, running, cycling, on a regular basis.

My current Work outs :
Yellow day : 26-28 minutes
Green day : 40-42 minutes

I have been reducing the number of minutes lately in fact ... at one point a green day for me was 65-70 minutes of training.

What I do now is I train less minutes but they are more intense, apparently you get more benefits that way too, losing more fat ... my work outs are quite intense but they don't last for too long, so it's not like I'm training incredibly long hours every day either.

You get a lot more benefits that way since you keep on burning calories for hours after working out ... That doesn't happen if you don't push yourself hard, even if you work out twice as long.

I go hard all the time,
I just change the duration, if I am a lil' tired, I only do 26-28 minutes (Yellow day) .... still a good work out of course.

I am not really a beginner now, I've been doing this non stop for nearly 9 months ... but when I started
back in november I could hardly work out 15 minutes and I was done. I increased the minutes and the intensity slowly a few minutes more each week, each month ...

This is not a contest or a competition either, this is just what I do personally. It's true that I always try to push myself, even when I am running, I always make the 5 last minutes the toughest ones !

Training helps a lot to be focused on your diet too ... because when you have trained very HARD that day you don't want to ruin your efforts by eating muffins, cakes and donuts when you get home ... it's a pretty good incentive not to cheat !

Good luck on your journey, Sir.

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Ok, 201.0 on the nose this morning.

Good score, good score. ;-)

Today should be double green hopefully and this'll lead me to go down to the 200's ... that's the plan !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Ok, 201.0 on the nose this morning.

Good score, good score.
Wow! You'll soon be seeing that *1* Bunny!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:29 pm

number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1.... :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:49 pm

;-)

Renee, That's *Crazy* !! Patience is a virtue. 199.8 or less is coming up soon, in early august hopefully.

Mimi, Yeah, I'm going down under 201 by tomorrow morning ... then, change of plans ... all of a sudden guests are expected on thursday evening. I'll try to be good but it should be a double yellow, glass of wine, etc. ... I'll end the month with a double green ... as long as I am under 201.0 by the end of this month, I'll be very happy.

Updated habitcal.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Crazy shmazy... We wanna see the number 1 :D
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 pm

...and it's so nice to see so few reds on your chart this month... next month aught to be fun :shock: :shock: hint hint
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 am

No reds for me ... cos' I try to behave ! ;-)

Uh oh, I had a pretty good day ... I should be under 201 tomorrow morning, (thursday morning) It'll be a surprise to see the number, I'll be anxious to see if I made more progress. I should have since I was good on my diet and I exercised hard for 42 minutes.

I nearly lost it today though, I was feeling really hungry in the evening and I almost didn't exercise as planned ...

I was thinking I should have some cookies, sit on the couch and do NOTHING, lol ! I was thinking of eating cookies but I had a bowl of plain lettuce instead ... ;-)

It was a close call, I think if it had been the beginning of a month, I would have failed possibly and grabbed the bag of cookies, but since it was the 29th in the evening, I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to pig out on cookies 2 days before the end of the month. I didn't have any cookies, just plain lettuce with nothing on it at all, a small bowl of raw plain lettuce ... that wasn't an EXCITING snack but at least it only contained about 15 calories ... 1st time ever I have a plain bowl of chopped up lettuce by itself. :-)

Mmmmmmmmmm !! :-)

In the end I just started exercising as planned even if this time I really felt like taking the day off ...

I was thinking I'll stop exercising early if I keep feeling this way, but I ended up doing my regular green training program ... The hardest part was to begin the training session, after that I was fine.

42 minutes shovelglovin' and doing calisthenic exercises : Push ups, jumping jacks, etc. I was sweating profusely, hopefully it'll show on the scale tomorrow morning. I'd be happy with any number under 201.0 at this point. I haven't seen a 200-dot-something yet, maybe tomorrow morning ???????????

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Alright, 200.8 pounds this morning.

It's a struggle to get in the 200's ! I barely made it today even if I was quite good yesterday. (Double green)

First time I see 200.x pounds so I am pleased about that of course. I hadn't been under 201.0 before.

Guests are expected tonight in the evening.

I'll try to be good ... green or yellow nutrition day, depending how it goes.

Training will be yellow today, 26 minutes, running intervals probably ... I'll push myself hard since the work out will be short - - so I get the benefits.

Tomorrow, I should finish on a high note, double green.
I just hope to be under 201.0 on august 1st now.

I'll end up with a loss of around 7.2 / 7.8 pounds in july, depending on the last 2 days : Better than I expected especially after having had 2 red nutriton days within the first 3 days of the month, so I am happy about that, battling through ADVERSITY... ;-)

My plan for august : Lose 5 pounds. Taking it one month at a time before making big changes to my ultimate goal.

I usually say ; "This is my last tough month" - - - bla-bla ... but I've been saying that for about 3 months in a row now, lol ! Seems like it's always 'The last tough month' ... I think the last tough month will really be Oct. 2009, when I am done trying to lose weight, and I just try to maintain starting on nov. 1st. :-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Alright enough showing cookies!!! We're yet again having company and my daughter made cookies... on a Wednesday... now I have cookies in the freezer right next to my apple crisp and my Godfather's combo pizza. Shhhh... still hidden. So quit showing food photos! I prefer the see-food diet! And...
Challenge issued... I guess you may have 1 more tough month. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....number 1... number 1.... number 1... number 1..... number 1..... number 1.....number 1.....number 1...number 1....number 1...number 1....number 1....
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Alright, I had a bad day yesterday ...

There was a party and I cheated left and right, so it turned out to be a red day. Disappointing, especially when I weighed myself this morning ... 204.2 pounds ??
Geesh ! It was 200.8 the day before.

;-) Up 3.4 pounds in a single day ??!! Yeah, I'd say that deserves a red, lol ! I guess I deserve it since I had too much pasta, meatballs, wine, beer, cookies, pie, etc. It was GOOD though.

I guess I was tired of depriving myself and it had been 16 days since my last red nutrition day, trouble was expected soon. It's rare I can go more than 10-12-14 days in a row without having a red, I almost made it to the end of the month before failing terribly last night.

At least, this is not permanent weight of course ...
I should lose most of it within 3-4 days. 2 double green days in a row are definitely on the menu now.

Actually this is the first time I weigh myself the morning after having had a red day, and this was a terrible red day so now I know on a typical red day I would gain 2 / 3.5 pounds possibly (nothing permanent at least, that's a relief !) ;-)

Oh well, I'll just change my august objective to 6 pounds instead of 5 since there's no way to get back under 201 by the end of july now with just one day left ...

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Sure, you just wanted to make August a bit easier, right? I had a cookie yesterday and called it an "S event" and kept it green so I wouldn't continue and really blow it. That way my mind won't get another freebee day with one more red... I have enough of those! You, on the other hand sound like you really lost it. :wink: I remember May... mine was all green! At least I'm still where I was weight-wise. On track with my new plan. :wink: You'll be seeing the 1 soon! Just be careful to not jump up and down on the scale!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:28 pm

Yeah, now I can lose the first couple of pounds in august easily .. wow, I hadn't thought of that ! :-)

There's a way to make my month easier... Lose only 6 in july and then 6 in august ... instead of 7.5 and 5 ... :-)

Oh well, my bad. The problem is not failing sometimes cos' I know it'll happen ... I'll just work harder the next 2 days and I'll be very curious to see the result actually, I never used to weigh after a red day ... I would usually work really hard 2 days in a row and then weigh myself the next morning. Since I monitor my weight more closely now it gives me this new data.

Plus I have made so much progress, I don't really want to be miserable now over having had one red day ... I was miserable last night and then I thought it wasn't the right attitude, so I snapped out of it and just vouched to get back on track ASAP instead of whining about having spilled the glass of milk.

I'm already thinking long term now since I have lost most of the weight already, almost 80 pounds out of 90. I already pushed myself for 9 straight months in a row so I definitely need and ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT if I am depressed over a single red day, especially if I can do something about it. ;-)

Side note :

I put the scale on the hard wood floor this morning and the result was 204.2 then I put it on the CARPET in the bedroom just to see the difference and the result was ... 198.4 ! Now I like that 2nd number better. ;-)

I hadn't done that before, I guess it's true you should always put the scale on a hard wood floor.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Yep, I think you're always supposed to put it on a hard floor for acuracy. I, on the other hand, think I should weigh on really soft carpet. :wink: It would sure give me incentive! False incentive... but still incentive.
Please pray for me

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Marc, I can't remember reading this in your thread, but wondering if you actually take S days on the weekend, and for special occasions?
That comment about getting tired of depriving yourself and referring to a special day and meal as you did, with the word "cheating" just seems that you are sticking with old, un-useful "diet" mentality.
I mean, I know you are doing an "extreme" version of NoS, but I think perhaps you can still be hardcore, on N days, and include S days as well, at this point, and still do well?
As for the small weight blip, you will lose that back quickly I'm sure. :)

8) Debs

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 pm

marc only gained a couple pounds to postpone the party because he knows he will have a hard time controlling us wild wild women....

:roll:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 am

Ha! Maybe!!! Maybe he's picking a date to "reveal" his number 1... Maybe his birthday, or at least a weekend... and he'll make a huge announcement of course (he'd better!) :wink: We're waiting Marc! Remember, I'm impatient!

Impatient:

–adjective
1. not patient; not accepting delay, opposition, pain, etc., with calm or patience.
2. indicating lack of patience: an impatient answer.
3. restless in desire or expectation; eagerly desirous.

O.K. ignore # 3... my hubby might get mad.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6
7-15-2009 205.4
8-01-2009 206.0 ( July 2009 Down 2.2, Total : 74.0 )

Objective, August 2009 : Lose 7 pounds.

I had a terrible end of the month of july and gained 5 pounds within 2 days, I crashed and burned ... my worst 2 days in a row since november 2008 basically.

It was one bad news after another in a row for me on thursday and friday and my emotional eating took over, late evenings. It was odd though, how can I gain weight back so fast ? Is it possible when you lose a lot of weight, it's also much quicker to gain some pounds back, something with the fat cells in the body being able to 'absorb' new fat quicker ?? I mean I was bad, right ... but it's not like I ate an extra large pizza all by myself eaither, it surprised me how quickly some of the weight came back on.

Anyway, this wiped out nearly all the progress I had made in july, ending up with a loss of 2.2 pounds for the month instead of a loss of 7 / 7.5 pounds as I was predicting just 2-3 days ago. I'm embarrassed actually, it was a miserable failure. Live and learn.

This sets me back 2-3 weeks probably, unless this 'new' weight is easier to lose of course, I'll see how it goes. Anyway, 1st of the month now, time to be good again ... Some of the new weight should be easier to lose hopefully so I should drop 2-3 pounds within the next 3-4 days, at least that's the plan now, I need to be super green 3 days ina row at least and then I'll see how much true weight I really gained.

This sets me back big time but I am still confident of getting to 190 by nov. 1st, it's just a more challenging goal now. ;-) I'll take it one week at a time now instead of planning 2-3 months in advance ! Baby steps, first thing is to get back on track right now, I don't want to gain another 5 pounds by the end of the weekend ! ;-)

08-01-2009 206.0
08-04-2009 204.0 ( Objective )
08-10-2009 203.0 ( Objective )
08-16-2009 202.0 ( Objective )
08-22-2009 201.0 ( Objective )
08-28-2009 200.0 ( Objective )
09-01-2009 199.0 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/01/2009 : 206.0 pounds
( 9 months / -74.0 pounds )

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear this Marc, but take it as a learning lesson.
Yes, it's very easy to gain.
So even *maintaining* is a big challenge once we lose our weight.
Don't look for physiological abnormalities to distract you from what happend. Your fat cells are same as anyones I'm sure :)
But you recognise that you ate out of emotional stress in response to the bad news you got.. Sorry by the way, about whatever happened.
Anyway, it was a setback. Don't think of it as "undoing" all your good work for the weeks before, and feel bad. If you think like this, you can fall right back into a vicious cycle of bad feelings and then bad behavior.
Think of this setback as a *blessing* actually.. You really learned something, both about your own emotional eating habits, and also about how *easy* it is to gain weight.
ps.. When I have pms, I can put on four to five pounds of water weight in less than a few days. It's murder and stinks, but it's temporary.. your gain won't be permanent, unless you let it stop you by psyching yourself out.
Also Marc, sorry, but I have to say, I just think you are being a bit too inflexible about absolutely *having* to lose the weight you want to in *exactly* a year. If it happens in December, would it be so terrible??
I just think it's putting extra unnecessary pressure on yourself to lose weight "on cue".. Focus on your habits and the weight loss will follow :)
Hope you don't mind me saying all this okay? Please realise that it comes from a good place, not trying to be critical, just protective.
That crash and burn experience comes from not doing things in a balanced and moderate way.

Be positive and don't let this minor setback psych you out.
Have a good weekend :)
8) Debs

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks for your support, Debs. You are so nice ! ;-)

Yeah, I was annoyed all day long thinking about my weight gain, 206.0. It'll take me a while probably to go back down to 200.8 where I was before, frustrating. I was so close to going under 200 and now this happened.
I think I had a few too many salty things too, so part of the problem is probably water related, not really sure ...

I guess the one year thing is important to me, but it's not written in stone either ... It's just a goal, goals can be changed, if I need an extra month at the end to make it, I won't feel bad of course, that would be crazy ! I already lost quite a lot of weight and people compliment me left and right about my appearance.
85 pounds within a year would be awesome too, but my goal is 90 and I'd like to achieve it if I can.

I was getting too cocky anyway, thinking it would be easy and all that, talking about changing my goal before I even achieved the original one, this teaches me a lesson. ;-) July was a crazy month for me, I struggled early and then I was goooooooooood for a long while in the middle part and then crashing and burning at the end ...

It wasn't anything major that happened to me .. just a succession of small annoying things, one after the other, piling up ... I am definitely an emotional eater sometimes, especially when I am annoyed.

I think when I push myself hard, initially everything works fine, losing weight, then I start feeling deprived after 10-12-14 days of being REALLY GOOD ... and then ... the flood gates open. Red day. It was more severe this time though, 2 red days in a row and a huge weight gain. Oh well. It's not the end of the world either, I'll just work hard again starting today.

I'll be curious if it'll be harder or easier to lose those 5 pounds I gained within 2 days, hopefully it'll be easier and it won't take me 2-3 weeks as if it was 'ancient blubber' ... I think when you lose weight, it's easier to put it back on as well, I might try to research info about this on the net, maybe my body was deprived for such a long time, weeks and months, that when I started eating extra pasta, sausages, bread, wine and beer .... my body was holding on to all the sugars/fats/nutrients as if there was no tomorrow ...

Today was a beautiful sunny day so I was running intervals for 40 minutes and sweating a lot as usual, trying to make up for my naughty behavior .. but I know it'll take me a while ... not just 1-2-3 days of course. Hopefully I'll have good results tomorrow morning.

I know I can't deprive myself too much either in the next few days or else there's a chance I might fall again, if I cut half my calories tomorrow it can lead to more problems, so it's better to eat normally as I was doing before rather than crash dieting trying to lose those few extra pounds
within 3 days.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:42 am

Okay you sound in a good state of mind Marc, and I'm glad you weren't offended by my feedback.
Thanks for your kind words :)
Yeah, eat *normally* please!! LOL
Crash dieting is just a plain old waste of energy.
It is stressful, and just causes yo yo'ing up and down.
Enjoy your weekend!
8) Debs

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Good news today : My weight this morning, 202.8 pounds... Down 3.2 pounds after one single double green day (!)

I weighed 206.0 last morning, so I lost more than half what I had gained the past 2 days already ... phew !

That's a relief, I see the new weight is easier to lose than the ancient blubber. Quick to come on but quick to go as well, good thing.

Double green today. It's raining so I'll train inside. I am very curious to see what my weight will be after 3 double greens in a row following 2 bad days ... I've never monitored my weight so closely, weighing daily ... in the past when I had a red day I wouldn't weigh myself at all the next morning. I'd have at least 2 double green days in a row before even thinking of weighing myself.

Side note, last night I was visiting a friend and she was offering me these delicious pastries, I said No thanks of course, they looked FANTASTIC though ... It was hard but I didn't touch 'em, especially after what happened 2 days in a row !

Then I look at the side of the box, the nutrition label and it was like a horror show .... there were about 1,000 calories in a single one of those pastries (The recommended serving was 1/3 of one cake and that was still more than 340 calories !) My friend ate a single cake all by herself, lol ! So basically you eat 2 of those pastries and you can't eat anything else all day long (!)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, the scale beat me to it. I was going to say that it had to be temporary water gain or something because a pound is 3500 calories (as you know) and you certainly did not add enough calories to equal that many pounds in such a short period.

I weighed 140 two days ago, weigh 136 this morning after eating at a MEXICAN restaurant yesterday...

It comes, it goes, just stay the course.

You can't do right and go wrong.

Berry :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks, Berry !! ;-) You're the wiz !!

Yes, Thinking about it I had had 2 days in a row where I was eating salty food (excessively) .... so it wasn't really true blubber on my body, just extra water weight.

I wasn't starving myself yesterday, I just ate what I would normally have on a green day exactly and I still lost 3.2 pounds ... Typical green day exercise as well, it's not like I trained for 3 hours straight, just 40 intense minutes as usual ... losing that much in one day is not normal unless it was water related.

I'd like to lose 1 pound today, double green day again ... so I wouldn't be too far ( 201.8 ) from where I was when my problems started ( 200.8 ) ... This will still have delayed my progress around 8-10 days of course but I am pleased I wasn't stuck for 2-3 weeks trying to get back to the low 200's again.

Fighting through adversity !! Wow, this is a real challenge now.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:22 am

bluebunny27 wrote:Then I look at the side of the box, the nutrition label and it was like a horror show .... there were about 1,000 calories in a single one of those pastries (The recommended serving was 1/3 of one cake and that was still more than 340 calories !) My friend ate a single cake all by herself, lol ! So basically you eat 2 of those pastries and you can't eat anything else all day long (!)
And you just know you wouldn't feel close to full eating just those. It's scary how many empty calories we can all pack away and still feel quite literally empty.

Congrats on the loss again. Such a blow out in only a few days was a surprise for me to read to be honest. Did you eat obscenely or do you just naturally pile on weight very easily?

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 am

And which pastries were they again... exactly... they sound good!

Just kidding! Kinda... yea, I am. really. :roll:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am

Hey there !

Bushranger : Yes, I was surprised actually, since the box was there I just thought I would check the nutrition label ... I didn't think it would be so high ! I said 'No thanks' before seeing the number but once I saw the high number of calories, fat, sugar... I was glad that I did, I wasn't even tempted to have one anymore, instant cure for the craving, seeing the huge number of calories in there ! It looked so pure and innocent, awwwh !! Looks can be deceiving.

I don't know who would cut the lil' cake in thirds anyway as the recommended serving suggested), you can't do that cos' then the rich cream would oooooooooze from everywhere inside, making a mess on the plate ! You can't have just 1/3, impossible ! ;-)

I don't think I ate so much really those 2 days, it was more what I was eating that was the problem ... I didn't prepare the spaghetti sauce, maybe there was a lot of salt in there, also in the sausages that were included, the sausage meatballs ... tasted awesome at least ! ;-)
It wasn't normal to gain 5 pounds in 2 days, it had to be water related ... scared me a bit though even if I knew it wasn't possible ... I would have had to eat 15,000 calories over 2 days to gain that much TRUE weight ... seems like a lot ! A week's worth of food within 2 days ? I don't think so.

I did eat more than I normally would, the plate of spaghetti was probably twice as large as I would normally have, I also had wine, beer and some cake that day, it was clearly red ... I was naughty (cheeky)
2 days in a row, but I think the salt content hidden in the food was probably responsible, especially since I drink a lot of water every day ...

I did lose 3.2 pounds right away the very next day (Aug. 1st.) and I am working on losing more now on the 2nd, I would like at least a pound right away, but any loss would be good at this point ...

Renee, it was a bit like this one, only thicker and ... with cream piled sky high everywhere inside, there was a lot more cream in between the layers compared to the one in the photo, lol ! ... MILLE FEUILLES, those french pastries are fantastic, as long as you are not on a diet of course. I was proud that I didn't even have a lil' bite, nothing.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Alright, good news again this morning ... I lost another pound, 201.8 ... I'm just 1 pound away from where I was before the 2-day-end-of-july slip ... I think this is my true weight now, so I'll use 201.8 as my last of the month / first of the month number.

My objective for the remaining of august is to lose 4 to 5 pounds, that would be ideal.

Double green again today, then tomorrow it'll probably be green for the training and yellow for the diet.

If all goes well, I'll crossover to the other side of 200.0 pounds around August 12th, crossing fingers, so my end of july issues delayed me around one week... I'll try to work HARD now instead of being too cocky when I am about to crossover this time ! This turned out to be a good learning experience, you always learn something new, huh ??

Objective, August 2009 : Lose 4 to 5 pounds.

08-03-2009 201.8
08-10-2009 200.4 ( Objective )
08-16-2009 199.4 ( Objective )
08-22-2009 198.4 ( Objective )
08-28-2009 197.4 ( Objective )
09-01-2009 197.0 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

08/03/2009 : 201.8 pounds
( 9 months 3 days / -78.2 pounds )
Last edited by bluebunny27 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm

There oughta be a law against posting pastry pictures like that!
But, it's all good!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm

:evil: I shouldn't have mentioned it... that cookie visual helped to lead me to that cookie I had, and it was only the wrapper! Absolutely no more visuals of over the top good stuff. You can do stuff like fish heads or pig snouts... yum!
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:15 pm

OH NO! I hate to see what's coming now...

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm

lol ! Glad you liked the pastry picture !

Here's a different one to curb your hunger ... mmmm.... grub !! ;-)

Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmern, I really like watching that TV show. I record it every week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Zimmern

I also really like watching THE THIRSTY TRAVELER with Kevin Brauch.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Yuck... that show is disgusting, but I do watch it. I'd die before I ate that! How did I know you'd find a gross one? :wink: That... following the other one... kind of neutralizes the damage. Thanks. Next time I want a cookie, I'll find that one!
Last edited by ~reneew on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Marc, I totally understand how you felt the other day. One day I'll be 137, then 140 a couple days later. Salt is definitely a culprit and so it dehydration. But I'm glad to see you're back on track. I had a crazy day on Saturday myself that I'm still recovering from.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Haha!! I *LOVE* that show!!! :lol:
I think that guy is one of the coolest people ever!!!
8) Debs

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 am

Thanks, Renee, Nichole, Debs. Nice Trio !! ;-)

Hum, I think given the right circumstances, people would eat just about anything, really ... when it's a life or death situation, you basically have no choice.

Reminds me of my dad actually, he never wants to eat anything if someone else has touched it ... even my
mom ! ;-) I'm not talking about spaghetti or something that would be a bit on the messy side, anything, really ! The other day I finished his glass of wine since he said he had had enough (and I didn't want to waste it !) and he was almost throwing up seeing *ME* drinking from his glass of wine. He said : "I would never do that in a million years !!" Well, it was excellent wine, lol ! That doesn't bother me much, I would eat spaghetti even from other family members, it's all good. With a stranger it would be tougher of course, but I suppose if I was REALLY hungry I'd eat the food anyway ! ;-)

Nichole, yes, I see now my weight fluctuates more than I thought it did ... I know this because I weigh myself daily now, I used to never weigh myself for at least 2 days following a red day, and often even after a yellow, I wouldn't step on the scale the next day ... maybe I would have been shocked before if I had known I was gaining 2-3 pounds on red days (and maybe 1 on yellow days !) At least I know now this NEW weight is coming off quite rapidly too, I lose most of it in just one day or two when I am *GOOD* I will have to get used to this, my weight fluctuates ... When I am trying to maintain I'll mostly pay attention to the weekly average, not so much the daily weigh in results, that's what I should do now to avoid freaking out if I happen to gain 3 pounds after a red. the other day I saw I had gained 3.2 pounds in one day and this caused me to have another red the very next day and gain 1.8 pound more (because I was really annoyed by my weight gain the 1st day, isn't it ironic ?

Debs, yep ... I really like to watch BIZARRE FOODS, great tv show and you see what people in other parts of the world are eating, sometimes it seems weird to us in north america but they have been doing it for a long time, no problem. I'd try anything, it's food, yum ... I'd even try BALUT (Fertilized duck or chicken embryo egg, they love to eat that in Asia) !! I would worry more about the CALORIES than the food itself, lol ! ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/b4ncd5

I had a good day today again, double green ... diet : I was behavin' like an angel. :-) I trained for 41 minutes at the soccer field. Running intervals of course. Went quite well. I was pushing hard all the way through.

I should lose a bit more weight by tomorrow morning ... I would be happy with 0.4 / 0.6 pound, that's a typical loss for a double-green day ...

Tomorrow it'll most likely be a yellow day for the diet since I'll be going out in the evening, I may have a couple of glasses of wine, something extra to eat ... I'll try to be green for the exercise but if I can't, I'll still do a yellow day ... 26-27 minutes, high intensity. Something is better than nothing !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Wow, surprise surprise this morning ... my weight ...

200.2 !!

Down 1.6 from yesterday morning ?? I guess I still had some extra water left, :-) I knew I had been really good yesterday, angelic behavior, diet & training, but I didn't know I had been *THAT* good, lol ! I drank plenty of water as usual and I ate normally yesterday. Hard to explain why I would lose 1.6 pound overnight. Normally on a double green day I lose 0.6 / 0.8 pound ...
I guess all this is very unpredictable after all, so many factors.

I'm almost there under 200.0 in any case, woo hoo ! This is the closest I've ever been ( My previous low was 200.8 on july 30th. )

Unfortunately today will probably be a double yellow so I may gain a lil' bit, I won't be under 200.0 by tomorrow morning ... but I am almost there now, in 3-4 days, who knows, the big crossover ! :-)

I haven't been under 200.0 pounds in so many years I can't even remember, It's probably been 12 years, something like that. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 pm

200.2! Great job!!! :) Definitely give yourself some sort of non-food-related reward when you get under 200...! Though I'm sure the number will be reward enough for all your hard work.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Point two????? That's all? You're just trying to hold us in suspense!
Well, budy, it's working!!!!

But o.k. planner guy, what's the big number one reward? You have to tell all of us you know! We're waiting!

number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...number one...
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks, ladies.

;-)

Yes, it wasn't a real surprise to be close to 200.0 this morning actually ... I had weighed myself late last night and I knew I would be close ...

I weighed 201.8 pounds when I went to bed last night. That was still pretty shocking because I was expecting to be around 203.0 pounds, not under 202.0 ! 1 pound was missing somewhere. Where did I put it ? lol !

Then I lost my night time weight, it was 1.6 pound last night .... ( 1.2 - 2.2 pounds is the weight I usually lose at night, doing nothing except sleeping)

I was thinking this could be the day where I see a '1' as the first number ... that was exciting, lol ! Don't you sleep better when you expect good news in the morning, awwwwh. :-)

I should be close within 3-4 days probably but this is really hard to predict at the moment. I'll probably gain 1 pound on tuesday, yellow day ... then it'll be time to finally crossover.

I'll update my 'After' photos soon .. so I can post 'em here .... the last time I posted pics I weighed around 208 I believe ...

I'm not really big on REWARDS for reaching goals ... I bought myself a new bicycle a month or two ago, that's about it ... a few lil' things, fitness equipment I needed, Oh, I bough some new clothes, I guess that counts as a reward ... My main reward is when I look at myself in the mirror or when I have to punch new holes in my leather belt because the existing ones are not making the belt tight enough anymore ... as I did this morning !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

No reward? You have to!!! O.K. everyone, lets think of some non -food rewards for getting under 200... ummm... all I come up with is food... well, maybe new clothes (a lady would think of that, or a purse) or maybe a concert, or a movie at least (but then I'd need popcorn) Maybe a new kitchen appliance that can make some healthy food (there we go with the food again) or... a new CD or green socks!!! That's it! Or a new bright green riding jacket, wasn't that it? Any other ideas?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Funny, the other day I was thinking it would be nice to have a hand mixer, I could easily make smoothies or vegetable purees with ... since I like yogurt so much and I often eat veggies too. Eating purees helps curb your hunger too, better than eating raw vegetables to curb the hunger.

The other day a friend was even ACCUSING ME of being a vegetarian now, huh ... no, I do eat meat, but filling up on veggies rather than meat is usually a better idea ... ;-)

Something like this :
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/bamix.aspx

I could have the INDUSTRIAL STRENGHT hand mixer, one that is as huge as a JACK HAMMER, lol ! Mixing a huge barrel of nutrients/vitamins all at once. ;-)

Being a TYPICAL guy I didn't do anything about this mixer idea though, it was just a thought. I could investigate this though ... sounds like a good idea !

I still make yogurt every 5 days, one big POT, 7 and a half cups at once ... I fill 3 containers with that and then I have some twice a day, in the morning with my cereals (half milk, half yogurt) and in the afternoon as a snack ... mixed with bits and pieces of fruits (banana or apple usually)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 am

Hand blenders are great Marc. :)
Excellent for making refried beans.. After cooking the beans, you can just blend them right in the pot they cooked in.
Have fun with your new carni-vegetarianism. :wink:
8) Debs

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Great idea! You need a hand mixer!
I think that should be your "getting to number one" reward. :wink: Are you there yet? Are you there yet? (I thought I'd give you a little sample of our car rides ) :wink:
Please pray for me