Andrea's first check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

abarkley

Andrea's first check in

Post by abarkley » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:42 am

my friend recommended this site for me. sounds good so far. i have smaller plates that i am going to use. i have started walking the past 2 weeks and now i think it is time to get in control of my eating. so tomorrow will be my first day and we'll see what happens. i currently weigh around 250 and hope to lose some weight and get healthy to maybe have another child.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:03 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find plenty of useful advice and make new friends here.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Welcome!! I think you'll really enjoy this normal way of eating.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Pamela

WELCOME!

Post by Pamela » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello, Andrea!

Welcome! You'll find many kind souls here willing to share their experience and wisdom ... I know I have! I've been at it about a month or so, and am learning so much!

Glad to have you here!
Hopeful and grateful,
Pamela