The Daily Dandelion

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Octavia

Re: The Daily Dandelion

Post by Octavia » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi Dandy - I just stopped by to do a quick check-in myself, after many months of absence! Good to hear that you’re doing well. Congratulations on the ‘little guy’’s graduation! Mine went to college, didn’t like it and came home! :roll: She’s working though, so all’s good. Keep up the moderation! 👍

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:09 pm

I guess it's my yearly attempt at sanity. At least with eating/weight/self.This past year has not been kind to me. It's been a parade of illness, injury and death. Literally.

I long for simplicity.
'I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. Above all, have a good time.' Julia Child

WINhappy

Post by WINhappy » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:05 pm

Hi dandelion -

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles over the last year. I hope the upcoming year brings you sanity as well as much more peace and happiness. It's nice to "meet" you! WINhappy
Sometimes the coolest thing when you were a kid- remains the coolest thing.

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:35 am

Nice to meet you as well! Love your sunset photo!
'I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. Above all, have a good time.' Julia Child

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:54 am

Welcome back, Dandelion - I hope you find the simplicity you are seeking - so sorry to hear you've had a rough year.