Mama LMT2PT's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lmt2pt

Mama LMT2PT's Check In

Post by lmt2pt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:35 pm

James is born and I'm now the proud mother of a three month old with colic. Thanks to No S I only gained 10 lbs during my pregnancy (don't worry, at 205 lbs pre-pregnancy my midwife was happy and my baby weighed 8 lbs 1 oz at birth). I even lost an additional 20 pounds after the birth. Then the colic kicked into high gear. I'm not sure what I weigh now, someone wouldn't let me weigh myself this morning. I'll have to try to do it tomorrow morning so I have something to compare it to when I have 21 SUCCESS days in a row. I did start yesterday (automatic SUCCESS on a S day) so:

SUCCESS
Heather

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 am

Welcome to No-S and congratulations on your new baby. The colic will pass!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank you, Jan.

Monday: FAILURE Only so much screaming I could take before reaching for a brownie.

Weight: 184.2 lbs
Heather

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:59 pm

As I remember, sleep deprivation and irregular meals made life difficult at this time. Keep us posted!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Heather, I'm sorry you're going through colic--it can be heck. I know--I have twins.

Be good to yourself while you go through this time. It seems like it will last forever, but it won't. When the baby stops fussing so much, you'll be more able to handle other things in your life, like No S.

Keep posting! We are all sympathetic.

buttercream
Natural Eater

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Welcome back! I remember you from the last time you were here.

Congrats on your new little one... and I'm SO sorry you're dealing with colic! I think that's much harder on the parents than the kids.

Hang in there!