mrsj daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 pm

6 Jan: Green
7 Jan. A good S day. didn't go wild even though we had guests for dinner.
8 Jan: A lazy day at home, but a good S day. Can't even remember my treat.

Today, Green. Haven't moved that much, but plan to tomorrow. House needs cleaning.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm

10 Jan: Green. Not much else to say.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:35 pm

11 Jan: Green
12 Jan: Green
13 Jan: Red
14 Jan: S
15 Jan: S

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Green until yesterday. I caved and ate some sweets. Back on track today. I have to learn that life just sometimes happens for whatever reason,

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:57 pm

It's been awhile since checking in last. Life has kind of gotten in the way. I've been mostly green, but have had some reds too. Not too bad, but reds never the less. The good news is I haven't gained.

Since taking my protein shakes I have more energy and therfore move more. I'm not ravenously hungry either.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 am

It's been a long time since I've been here. I've had some red days and some green days. I'm not really thinking about it. I have maintained my 94 kilos. At least I haven't gained. But, if I want to win my challenge to myself, I've got to get off my fanny and move more.