Barb's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Barb

Barb's Check-in

Post by Barb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Good morning all...I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted since last Thursday and I can tell. I totally fell off the No S wagon Friday night. I was just fine for breakfast and lunch and then I met some friends for a birthday dinner/happy hour and all of my No S rules went right out the window. Saturday and Sunday were not to bad -- I had a birthday party for my sister along with really great carrot cake that was my treat both Saturday and Sunday.

Okay, I should have been back on plan on Monday...well not so good. Once again breakfast and lunch were fine...last night at dinner I started snacking and picking and felt miserable by the time I went to bed. A red day for sure.

I am back....today will be a new day. I will post my food which I think will help me get back on track.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Barb
Barb
Austin, Texas
Starting Date: 09/26/11
Starting Weight: 251.5
Current Weight: 250
Goal Weight: 160
Height: 5'7"

Barb

Barb's Check-in

Post by Barb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Good morning...I hope everyone is already having a great No S Day.

Tuesday: SUCCESS

Food for Tuesday:

Breakfast:
Banana and Yogart

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
No-salt Pretzels
Orange Slices

Dinner: Luby's Cafeteria
Grilled fish with almonds on top
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans