New Strawberry Roan Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

New Strawberry Roan Daily Check In

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm back! And desperately need to be here. I posted on the main page about my trials and tribulations but, of course, I have just been a slacker

But, no more.

I am back, dedicated, anxious to go. Tired of not being able to wear what I want without pulling and tugging to make sure everything is covered up.

I weigh 158 today, want to get back to my desired weight of 145 so it isn't a massive undertaking but that 13 pounds makes a big difference in how I feel.

Last time the weight just fell off and I got too thin, I need to figure out how to eat enough but not too much.

I can do it.

:lol:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:42 am

Got too thin, huh? You have my sympathies...

Okay, I don't even know you and I'm being such a smart-aleck! Sorry.

Welcome back. So happy when there is anyone who represents the non-calorie-counting crowd.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:58 am

Hi oolala,
Nice to meet you.

I think I am one of those obsessive control freaks, once I start something I get way into it.
It was just so simple to eat the No S way, I just kept losing. I got down to 132 which doesn't doesn't sound too thin at 5 foot 5 but at my age (and build - I have exercised my whole life and have muscle weight (but not Arnold muslces :lol: ) I just looked old.

They say as we age our butt wants to be ten pounds thinner than our face!

I told Reinhold when I joined that my problem has never been losing, it has learning how to sanely maintain.

I shall try again.

Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 am

At 5'5", I can understand how 132 might be thin. Our culture is so used to models that are very light, but the average slim woman at 5'5" weighs a lot more than they do, I'm sure.

I am still struggling with my S days, which has me hovering about 173 lbs. I'm 5'6". You might freak out a bit over that! My first and possibly last goal is to get to 154 lbs., which would put me just inside my normal BMI range. I haven't been close to that in several years and even then it was only for a few minutes. So getting too thin is not one of my worries.

I hope maintenance is not outside your grasp this time, but as Reinhard points out, we're all only at during.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Happy Wednesday all, feeling great today.

Weighed 157 (yes I am one of those who weighs every night and every morning. Always have. Has it kept me thin? No

Has it made me fat? No

Has it kept me honest? Yeah probably

Brought a can of Progresso low sodium soup to work today, I will eat the entire thing with a crusty roll. Didn't eat breakfast, rarely do. If I feel the need I will eat yogurt out of the work fridge (our bosses stock the fridge with all kind of healthy foods and stock the cabinets with green teas, etc.)

Wishing all a happy healthy day,

Berry :wink:

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 am

Happy Thursday Journal and Journalers!

Up birght and early, off work today and going shopping with friends. We will eat at Wendy's, I will have a small chili and salad. It stormed here all night and I hear thunder rumbling right now.

Weighed 156 this morning, feels good to look forward to the scale again. Ate my whole can of Progresso soup at lunch yesterday with my crusty roll and I was more than satisfied until dinnertime. We went out to eat breakfast for dinner, I had one biscuit (two halves) and gravy - it was good but I purposely didn't eat it all as it was pretty darn big.

Wishing all a great day, :wink:

Berry :roll:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Just wanted to say I get a little bit of a chuckle from how you say "a whole can" of Progresso soup. "I ate the whole can!" Not sure if you do because you want to convince yourself you're getting to eat SO much. (I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing) or just to remind yourself of the amount. Some of those cans are only about 200 calories, not that we're counting...

Yeah, I like your posts. Glad you came back.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks, yeah eating the whole can seems decadent somehow. I got three more kinds yesterday and will eat them at work next week. Soup is certainly filling.

Did great yesterday, had a wonderful time with friends - ended up going to a senior center where one of the ladies's grandma was having a birthday party. They were serving fried chicken dinners, I don't eat meat of any kind so I had the mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a whole wheat roll with butter. Passed on the birthday cake although it was pink and the icing looked fluffy - think the filling was strawberries and whipped cream :shock:

I had a salad for dinner last night with boiled egg, shredded cheese, chopped green onion, tomatoes and cucumbers. Ate it with a piece of crusty bread and it was great. I had most of the stuff out of the fridge anyway as I made the hubby six tacos. :wink:

Enjoy your day all,

Oh, I almost forgot - I weigh 155 this morning. It is funny now that I am back on track how many times I reached for the red licorice or the Cheezits or something before. I haven't even had a diet soda, although I could. They really can't have anything my body really needs. I drink a LOT of water and green tea.

To your health -

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Saturday's here...

Weighed 154 this morning, spent a few hours doing some work out on the patio, in the yard, etc. Came in and made the hubby Jimmy Dean sausages and pancakes. I ate two pancakes, they were fine.

Had a big salad and a small square of lasagna last night. It was the Stouffer's frozen lasagna, never tried it before but it was highly recommended. It was pretty good. Probaby will be better tonight as leftovers. Will add some garlic cheese bread.

Not sure if I will go off of my strict No S plan for the weekend or not, can't think of a snack I want right now but that could change.

Enjoy your day all.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Highly recommend no snack if there isn't one that you can think of without much effort. Part of the blessing of No S. (I'm trying to convince myself.)
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:26 pm

True, oolala, too often I snack because the stuff is there or because someone else in the room is.

My husband just ate Cheezits but I said, No thanks.

Did fine yesterday, stayed on track and didn't do the S day thing. Ate pizza and salad last night, four slices - not BIG slices 8)

Didn't eat breakfast today, went out to lunch after church and had a small dinner salad - will eat after church tonight, another salad and a small square of lasagna wiht a piece of garlic/cheese bread.

Still no diet soda, I think that has made a big difference in how I feel.

Weighed 154 this morning.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Oops, forgot my daily check in yesterday.

I weighed 153, ate great all weekend and all day yesterday. No junk at all.

Weighed 154 this morning, four pounds down since this time last week, feeling strong.

And healthy. Getting ready to have lunch at work, soup and grilled cheese with sliced tomato.

A WHOLE can of Campbells' Select Harvest Light Minestrone with Whole Grain Pasta (reading off of label, not from memory trust me journal). Total calories 160. The grilled cheese will be on one of those Sara Lee whole grain small buns or whatever they are called. Looks like a soft brown English muffin to me, slice of cheddar cheese, fresh tomato.

Another thing I have noticed is that I am looking forward to and enjoying meals so much more.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:20 am

Happy Wednesday,

Weighed 153 this morning, didn't eat breakfast but ate a square of leftover lasagna from the freezer for lunch with a sliced tomato sandwich and a really big granny snith apple. It was all great.

Haven't eaten dinner yet as hubby is outside mowing and we will eat on the patio to admire his work when he is done.

I am making quesadilas with the jalapeno cheddar tortillas, they are yummy. Will add a salad and tomato soup I think. We can drink the soup out of mugs.

Finished working for the week, I work part time and love it.

Going to a big volunteer lunch tomorrow so I will probably be eating more than I do at work but I will still stick to the one plate NO S.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Is it really Thursday already?

Weighed 153 this morning, just got home from my luncheon (didn't eat breakfast, probably won't anymore unless it is brunch ot something).

Worked out great at lunch, they serve the food sorta cafeteria style where you tell them what you want, I didn't want any of the meat entrees so the servers insisted that I eat twice as many vegetables (a great combo of braised cabbage, mushrooms, onions, red peppers and broccoli.)

I didn't want the dessert of banana cake heavily iced, so I got cantelope and had a homemade dinner roll and a side salad - everything fit on my plate. Seemed like a lot of food but it was really

salad, vegetable medley, canteloupe and dnner roll. Unsweeted iced tea to drink.

Had a great time and was so glad there were food choices that I could have that were healthy. Sometimes there really are not.....

Not sure about dinner but it will be something good I am sure....

Oh yeah, last night hubby and I sat out on the back deck and admired the yard, he drank two beers, I drank decaf coffee. Normally I would have had two glasses of red wine but decided against it. I think it adds to the puffy factor as well. I can really REALLY tell the difference since I gave up the diet sodas (haven't had any since I restarted NOS.) Good news is I haven't had to lug any home from the store either. Hubby drinks very little soda. We both drink a LOT of water and green tea.

Enjoy your day all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:33 am

Saturday morning , 5:30 a.m. Love the early mornings.

Weigh 151 this morning.

Ate french toast with the hubby yesteday (one slice), finished the frozen lasagna off for dinner - now that I am just eating to live not living to eat, a bit of leftovers is fine. He had leftover ham and beans from the freezer so we are all ready for some new food.

SO, today is the chicken and dumplins (maybe).

Had plenty of time to exercise yesterday so that was good. I really feel great.

One thing interesting, yesterday afternoon my husband was getting some Cheezits and asked me if I wanted some. I said No thanks.

He said, You never eat anymore.

I said, I never eat snacks or sweets or seconds anymore. :wink:

Just went to my Calorie Count Plus website. I started posting there again on July 4th, a little before I started here - I weighed 159, so I got to post a weight loss of 8 pounds. Yeahl......

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Sunday Morning Coming Down (my ode to Kris Kristofferson)

Weigh 152 this morning, had a great day yesterday. Went shopping for a while, ate noting while I was out (for a change), ate soup and a piece of cornbread for a late lunch and then ate a small dish of chicken and dumplings and more cornbread for dinner. Love cornbread, by the way.

Will eat lunch after chrch, probably just a salad then will eat more chicken and dumplings for dinner. Always better the second day.

Sat out with the hubby until late, late last night. He drank two beers and I would have normally had two wines, Had water instead.

Had no snacks yesterday and probably won't today. It is just AMAZING how little food we need to buy at the store which only tells me how much I ate before. Rather embarassing really. :(

I straightened the pantry yesterday and we have,
coconut cookies
pecan sandies
iced oatmeal
three kinds of Pringles
Cheezits
Cheese Nips
tortilla chips
pretzels
about ten kinds of candy including two big bags of my favorite red string licorice
Ritz Crackers, Wheat Thins
etc etc etc (and that's just the dy goods, also have the frozen treats)

I will be eating none of the above.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 am

Early Monday morning,

Back to work, busy day ahead. I work for a law firm and we have a client scheduled for every hour today so I hope there are no emergency hearings at the court to disrupt the schedule.

Weigh 151 this morning, stayed exactly on track all weekend. At lunch yesterday while eating my salad (with salsa on the side for dressing), my husband offered me his fries and Diet Dr Pepper from his cheeseburger/fries/soda special - he only wanted the burger and his coffee. I said No thank you, I am off the sauce right now. :D
Drank several glasses of water, as a matter of fact.

A friend at the table tried to get me to eat the two pieces of buttered Texas Toast from her chicken strip basket, I said No thank you.

Actually very easy.

Ate my leftover chicken and dumplings and cornbread for dinner, got in all my exercise, everything felt great.

Speaking of feeling great, slipped right into the dress/jacket combo for church yesterday. No tugging, pulling, adjusting to make sure no bulges were showing.

Amazing that just a few pounds makes such a difference, probably because they are all right at the middle. 8)

Think I will have soup and a big crusty roll for lunch at work today. With water, of course.

Happy Happy Monday All.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Tuesday's here, home from work, a bit tired

Weighed 151 this morning.

Feel a bit puffy, what's that all about? Probably too much salt or maybe because I drank a gallon or more of water and tea today. It was a hundred degrees today....

Ate my Progresso soup and a fresh sliced tomato sandwich today on whole wheat toast.. Also had the end of a loaf of cheddar onion bread. More than I normally eat at lunch time. And definately more bread than needed. :roll:

Making spaghetti for dinner, no meat. I put salsa on mine instead of sauce Sprinkle it with fresh oregano and basil then cover it with cheese and melt it.

Getting ready to go exercise now, haven't mssed a day since I started here.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Thursday's here. Off work, going to spend the day shopping with the hubby. That means we will probably eat at the Mexican restaurant which means I wil be taking a planned S day (actually the first one this month even on the weekends) because I have to eat the chips and salsa 8)

Weigh 151 this morning, did great yesterday - ate leftover spaghetti and cheese garlic bread for lunch with red grapes, ate the end of the leftover chicken and dumplins for dinner. We LOVE leftovers.

I am going to buy a bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables at a farmers market today, that should be fun.

Exercised even a little more than normally last night as I had some free time while hubby was outside mowing the yard. We actually didn't eat until about nine.

Think I will see if my skinny jeans cause a muffin top, if not I will wear them today. If so, I will not!!!!!!

Have a great day all,

ETA, Just noticed I forgot to post yesteday, weighed 152. My body is trying to decide if it wants to be this weight. We shall see.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Chips and salsa are S's for you?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

oolala53 wrote:Chips and salsa are S's for you?
HI there, glad I stopped back by.

Yeah, chips and salsa would be S because they would be separate from my one plate of food - they would be snacks. I will try to just eat a few instead of a few dozen. :lol:

The jeans zipped right up (they are actually men's Wranglers, the kind I wear when I want skinny jeans, not dressy jeans).

HOWEVER, a bit of extra fluff around the middle so I am wearing an overblouse. But, my husband did say - You look great today.

Motivation to stay the course.. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am

Friday monring, weigh 150 pounds.

Survived yesterday just fine, managed the Mexican restaurant. Ate just ONE chip with salsa - there they were sitting there all warm and crisp saying eat me, eat me - I'm free anyway. They will throw me away if you don't. I said, Bye.... :lol:

Ordered a chalupa instead of my usual platter of food, left part of it.

Got lots of healthy frutis and vegetables yesterday, had a bunch of sliced tomatoes with dinner last night.

Got in my exercise, rearing for a brand new day.

To your health all,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm

5 lbs. to go!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:26 am

ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!

I now weigh in the 140's.

okay, okay it is 149 :D but it IS 140 something......

Ended up having two chef salads yesterday, one for lunch and one for dinner! Had planned to eat leftover spaghetti but the lunch salad was so good and I had all the fresh veggies, I just couldn't help myself.

Love all the fruit and veggies.

Not sure what I will eat today, usually make the hubby a big breakfast on Saturday, if so I will just eat scrambled eggs or something.

Got in even more exercise than normal yesterday, indoors and out. I am beginning to notice the bit of weight I have lost, no more of the little rolls of fat on the back and all the clothes I put on fit better. I tried on an outfit for church that I couldn't wear a couple weeks ago because it sorta clung to the hips - it looks fine now so I will wear it tomorow.

Still a little flab around the middle but I will tackle that as well.

I am in it to win it 8)

Have a healthy Saturday all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 am

oolala53 wrote:5 lbs. to go!
Yeah, I'm getting there.. I find NO S to be very effective if one follows it to the letter.

I love having a roadmap, structure, etc. It is when I am on my own that I lose direction.

Well, I USED to, I am a reformed person now.

Don't I look it? :roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 am

Sunday morning - raining, foggy, muggy - bet my hair will look so fluffy for church :D

149 pounds, had some great food yesterday. My son brought over a homemade peach/blackberry cobbler - from fruits in their own yard. I had a big hunk with Cool Whip he also brought. It turned out I hadn't eaten anything, it was about noon - so the cobbler was breakfast/lunch. I also ate a couple fresh tomatoes, yummy all around.

Exercised for an hour in the afternoon, ate a normal sized serving of chicken/noodle casserole for dinner. No bread (normally would have eaten cornbread or a crusty roll but think I am eating way too much bread.)

Still have had no diet sodas. so proud of me 8)

Enjoy your day all. We will eat lunch out with friends after church (I will have the small dinner salad with salsa) then think we will have pizza after church tonight. I will eat a couple pieces and take any leftovers for lunch tomorrow. There was a time I would have eaten the whole pizza. Seriously.

Feels good to know that I wn't have to mess with the clothes I am wearing today, adjust to cover any flaws. Will just slip them on.

Well worth giving up the extra bread :wink:

TO your health
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:38 pm

You sound great. Nice that you have events to have natural ways to punctuate the day with food.

Regarding eating the whole pizza: tell me about it...
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks a lot oolala..

Weigh 150 today.

Everything went as planned yesterday. Didn't over do anything, managed to get in some exercise even though we were pretty busy.

Ate two pieces of pizza last night, will take the other two (hubby and I split the pizza in half - veggies on mine, sausage on his). pieces to work with a cucumber and tomato for lunch.

Haven't eaten any more of the cobbler yet 8)

Healthy Monday to you all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:39 am

Tuesday morning, a bit puffy - weigh 151. Think it is all the salt I am putting on the cucumbers and tomatoes. :D But worth it. And I need the salt, blood pressure is very low. Yesteday it was 94/58.

Ate as planned yesterday, lots of fruits and veggies - ate the leftover pizza for lunch and leftover noodles dish with salad and extra tomatoes on the side.

Walked on my lunch hour as it had cooled off a bit, exercised last night on the bike 30 mines, glider 15. Love to be able to get my exercise in.

Taking cucumbers and tomatoes to work today, not sure what else.

But it is only 5:39 am, lucky I can think that clearly. :wink:

To your health.....
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Crazy. Crazy day at work :shock:

Eating well - lots of fruits and veggies, had a cheese quesadilla last night on those new cheddar/jalapeno tortillas. Yummy. Used to eat one made with two of the tortillas, last night made it with one folded over. It was plenty as I added a salad.

Have cucumbers and tomatoes to eat in the fridge at work but haven't had enough time to enjoy them......

But I will!

Weighed 149 this morning, a blouse that I hadn't worn in a long time (because it pulled at bit at the buttons) fit great this morning.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Happy Thursday,

Off work today after a couple really crazy days. I was almost too exhausted to eat last night. Got the hubby some fried chicken from the deli as I had to go in and get some skim milk anyway. Added some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers as well as a side dish of some kind of shell noodles in Alfredo sauce. I ate a bit of everything but the chicken.

Wasn't even hungry, just wanted a bubble bath and bed.

BUT - I didn't want to break my streak of not missing a day's exercising all month so I hit the bike for 30 hard minutes and then cooled down with 15 mins on the Gazelle - which I find very relaxing.

Then, the bath and bed. Slept great.

Weigh 149 this morning, will try to do good today as there is some celebrating this weekend. Our best friends (who stood up for us when we got married) are taking us out for dinner tomorrow night for our anniversary. Probably to the Mexican restaurant we all love. I did okay there last time, stuck to the chalupa and had only One chip :D Think I might expand on the chips and salsa this time.

I really am committed because I just feel so much better, I touched my stomach yesterday for some reason and it actually felt much firmer.

Next week we will be going to a church revival each night so I am glad that a lot of my summer skirts and dresses fit bettr.

Have a great day fellow journalers,
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Sounds like you're doing really well!! Already in the 140s, that's great :).
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks Nicole. :wink:

149 today. Kinda surprised as I ate quite a bit yesterday - mainly vegetables but also the last piece of cobbler. I hated to see it go to waste as my son picked the blackberries himself as well as the peaches off his own tree. His wife went to all the trouble of making it so the least I could do is eat it. It was good but honestly I would not have eaten it had it ben something I had purchased.

But, today is a new day. Have to face the Mexican restaurant. I say Bring "er On... I know whose boss of this body now.

I will drink water and eat no dessert.

It's all good.

Happy Friday all. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:46 am

Happy Saturday.
150 this morning, survived the anniversary celebration just fine. Ate NO chips and salsa - just put a little salsa over my chalupa. Had a great time with friends, talked for several hours. Hubby and I are actually going out one day next week to celebrate by ourselves.

Got to wear my skinniest jeans and a blouse my husband really likes ( it is sorta the color of my blonde hair :D )

Even got in my exercise. We ate out early so split a pizza late last night. I ate a tomato and cucumber as well as my share - probably 1/3 of the pizza. Enjoyed it all.

Not sure what I am eating today, will make the hubby a big breakfast so I might eat a pancake or two, maybe some scrambled eggs.

Wnat to have a chef salad for dinner - think I have some leftover spaghetti in the freezer.

Still no junk, no diet soda.

Ready for August, I started July at 160 (started back here at 158 on the 6th). Just ten pounds but a real difference.

Enjoy your day fellow journalers,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Still Saturday here, having a bit of a rough spell. Just seems that I want to eat something but don't know what.

So, I ate one pancake for breakfast. Then I ate a big salad, then I ate a dish of air popped popcorn with butter spray and lots of salt.

Nothing really bad, of course, but it just has thrown me off a bit.

We shall see if it throws off the scale as well. My blood pressure has been very low this week in the 90's over 50's so I have to eat the added salt - which of course makes me a bit puffy.
Do I look puffy, especially around my eyes? :shock:

Not sure about dinner, making the hubby a grilled pork steak, corn, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. I will probably eat the vegetables.

:wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 am

Sunday Morning, HAPPY AUGUST !!!
149 pounds.
Made it through yesterday, surivived the "This house is full of snacks, what should I eat crisis" As a matter of fact, last night my husband was eating a Fudgsicle and said, These are getting kinda sticky. I ate a banana and the popcorn. Guess those are technically snakcs but I could have had candy bars, cookies, chips, etc.

I said, That's because they've been in there for several weeks.
(didn't add because I am not eating them any more 8) )

Ended up eating a chef salad last night along with the end of the noodle dish. Hubby ate his pork steak with just a side salad. Nothing else. FIne by me, I hate to see other adults push food on each other.

Today we will eat lunch after church, I will probably have a small salad. We gather in a small diner so the choices are not that healthy. If I am hungry when we get home, I will eat some Progresso soup or something.

Keeping up with the exercise, haven't missed a day. It feels great and I can see the middle flab disappearing. While we were in the restaurant booth Friday, my husband slipped his arm aruond my waist and I was glad that it felt relatively firm. :roll:

And, still no diet soda. I walked right past it in the store the oter day. Have a 12 pack that hasn't been opened all month.

Enjoy your Sunday all.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:13 am

Happy Monday.

149 This Morning, enjoyed the weekend a lot. It was very interesting on Saturday to fight through the snack wars - making a salad rather than grabbing some cookies or candy or Pringles.

Will take cantaloupe, tomtatoes, cucumbers, a couple boiled eggs, maybe a little chunk of pepperjack cheese to work today. Will be eating out after work as we are going to a church revival - might eat a biscuit and gravy at the diner as I never eat that at home. :wink:

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Happy Tuesday Journal and Journalers

149 this morning but it feels like a thin 149, closer to a 148 :D (Now I've gona and jinxed it - will weigh 159 tomorrow.....)

Ate great all day at work, didn't eat out after work - went and voted absentee and that took a lot longer than planned. That's great, love to see democracy in action.

SOOOO, we didn't eat anything until after church, which was at 10 p.m. I was going to make a veggie quesadilla but hubby said no, just something real simple, you've been on your feet (and in 4inch heels) for 16 hours or so.

Well, there isn't a whole lot simpler than veggie quesadillas but I managed to make nachos with hot cheese sauce poured over them (I added salsa on top of mine.) I just ate a saucer sized plate, made him a bigger plate but he didn't want it all. Tried to give it to me but I said, No thanks I have eaten all I wanted.

YES, you heard me right. I turned down hot cheesy nachos.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I didn't get to do my exercise last night. :( It was after eleven before I got done with the bubble bath, etc. First day I have missed all month but nothing I could do about it.

Will try to get it in tonight, I sleep so much better if I exercise earlier in the evening.

Have lots of healthy food with me today at work, green grapes, cantaloupe, tomatoes, cucumbers, boiled eggs, chunk of pepper jack cheese - much like yesterday as a matter of fact....

Yummmmmmmmm

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 am

Wednesday's here !!!

Weigh 148, managed to eat as planned yesterday and get in my exercise. Right on track. Love it...

Made the quesadillas last night, used the jalapeno/cheddar tortillas - put shredded cheese in mine, cheese and pepperoni in hubby's. Mine was one tortilla folded in half, his was two - but he only ate half :roll: So he told me to take the rest to work today, I probably will because I do everything I am told. honest 8)

ALso have to have my fruits and veggies - think I will take grapes, cantaloupe cubes, a couple tomatoes and a zucchini.

Last night I made some fresh decaf about eight oclock. I asked the hubby if he wanted anything with it like cookies or snack cakes. He said sure, cookies sounded good. So, I gave him one of each of the kinds I had in the cupboard - coconut, pecan sandies, iced ocatmeal and soft oatmeal raisin. He said, You should have some of these.

I said, No I should not.

That was the end of that conversation. :wink:

To your health alll,
Berry

Graham

Post by Graham » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:35 am

Hi Berry, just stopping by to say "Hello". I was curious, you mention that you were "too successful" with No S last time round - how were you feeling in yourself apart from the "over-thin" look?

I remember the first time I dieted, as a chubby teenager, and people started grabbing my shoulders and saying "oh you're too thin now, you're overdoing it" - rumour was my dad thought I must be on drugs - and it was his nasty jibes that set me off dieting in the first place!

Isn't nature mean sometimes? Why must weight go where you want to keep it (face, for example)

Anyway, I see you're making rapid progress - and on vanilla No S too!

Take care, Graham.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks for stopping by Graham :wink:

To answer your questions, I lost from 154 (I think) to 132 in a couple of months - probably too much too fast. My face and neck looked much too thin and I aged at least ten years. I was eating plenty of food but no junk. I was also exercising a lot - I have my entire life.

SOOO, enough people told me that I was too thin that I started eating more (vanity, thy name is woman). You know - the size four jeans are better than size six jeans thingy) At 61, I don't need to age my face or neck - I have avoided the sun my entire life so I don't have many wrinkles or skin damage or anthing so that's good.

To answer your question, aside from the aging factor, I felt great with how I looked and I am certain that a young woman at my height (five four or five) would have looked great.

I actually did find that the majic number was about 145 as far as my body and my face bieng in agreement. I also have hypoglycemia and hypotension - I actually had a spell last Fall where I passed out cold twice in the same morning, EMT's came the whole deal. This was during the whole flu crisis :shock: but they said that I didn't have the flu - I just had some sort of virus and was probably dehydrated. THe others at work had been very ill so I wasn't surprised to hear that. I was fine but promised the EMT's that I would see my regular doctor the next day. Which I did - once I explained a lifelong history of fainting, etc. they said for me to just be careful to stay hydrated, get enough rest, blah blah blah.

My husband, of course (we had only been together 5 years so he had no idea that I have dealt with this my whole life) insisted that I was too thin and needed to eat more. You are right - others are always invested in our "well being" sometimes to our disadvantage. Sorry about your dad's comments. :(

Today I weigh 148 and don't see any signs of the aging factor with the face or neck, etc. so I shall continue to stay the course.

Thanks for your insight, very interesting.

Ate fine at work yesterday, last night I ate some of these taquito things - the long skinny rolled tacos. I didn't really even like them but they were in the freezer and now they are gone. So, that's a good thing.

Got in my 45 mins of exercise, 30 on the bike - 15 on the glider to stretch out my muscles.

Not sure what I will eat today but definitely will include a big chef salad (minus the meat). I am off work today so might put something in the crock pot to eat after church tonight.

We shall see.

To your health all,
Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Hey Berry! I've been wanting to stop by your thread and say hi! since you've been back! So here I am!
You are so awesome! Look at the progress you're making again! I really admire your drive to keep your eating sensible and get in your exercise. I have been doing all right with my eating, but not so good with exercising. I've been babysitting my grandchildren for the last three weeks at my son's house while he and my husband worked on building a humongous barn building.
He has a 3 year old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old. They kept me busy and wouldn't let me sit much, so I guess I can count that for some exercise! :roll:
Now it's back to school - my husband went with me yesterday and helped me and today my husband and son (and 2 of the grandkids) all helped me. I had to move classrooms this year, so I had a HUGE mess. We made some headway, so I feel a little better. We don't officially start back until next Thursday and the kids come back on the 24th.
Anyway, I haven't been posting much lately, but I usually check the boards daily so I have been keeping tabs on you!
Keep up your great work!
Mimi
:D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 am

Morning Mimi, So good to "see" you. Sounds like you have been getting lots of exercise with the little ones. Can't believe it is almost time for school to start again!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday All.

146 today, officially a month on the plan - down 12 pounds.

Yesteday I made the hubby a real breakfast, as he calls it :D
Fried eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast, juice..

I ate one piece of toast and a bit of hashbrowns.
It was already eleven o'clock, so about two or three I ate a big bowl of canteloupe/green grapes (as did he).

For dinner I made open faced hot roast beef sadwiches with brown gravy and cauliflower with melted cheddar cheese. I just ate the cauliflower and cheese - a big plate of it :roll:

Yummy.

I got in even more exercise than normal, 30 mins on the bike, 30 mins on the glider and about 10 minutes on the Stairstepper (I can't do it very long as it makes me dizzy for some reason, always has).

Great day overall.

Going shopping with friends today and doing some volunteer work. We usually stop at Hardees or somewhere. I will get a salad I am sure.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Saturday morning, 7 a.m. Up and at 'em... :D

Feeling great again today, 147 pounds. It feels good to step on the scales at night and see the 140's, it was 149 last night. I always weigh morning and night. Always have. A month or so ago, the night readings were 161 or so :roll:

Had a good time yesterday, shopped a couple of hours, went to a committee meeting for a group that I am secretary/treasurer for then went to lunch with the "girls". We went to Hardees because it was near the meeting. I had the salad and lowcal Italian dressing. The gal next to me had the six dollar angus burger!!!!!!!!! and fries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought lots of healthy food - fresh white peaches, white nectarines, black plums, salad fixings.... Cut up some plums and peaches and ate some as son as I got home. Also cut up another canteloupe. So much easier to eat well if the prep work is done ahead of time.

Made pizza for dinner - our Friday night ritual if we don't go out. I ate one piece, saved my others as I also had a huge salad first and wasn't really hungry.

Got in my 45 mins of exercise, 30 on the bike, 15 on the glider - I also walked at least 90 minutes shopping but that wasn't really aerobic. 8)

I got out about four pair of summer slacks last night and tried them all, they all fit perfectly so they will get ironed today and put into my work clothes rotation.

Enjoy your day all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am

Happy Sunday All, Do I look nice and chipper? :D

147 this morning, ready to slip into a nice summer dress that was a bit sng around the hips last time I tried it on, feels great now. I ironed it yesterday and slipped right into it.

Lets see, what did I eat on my "S" day? Well, I ate cantaloupe and peaches for breakfast/brunch, air popped popcorn later in the afternoon, perhaps for "lunch" sprayed with Butter Pam and lots of salt - normally would have had a diet soda but NOOOOOOOO, I am still soda free 8)

For dinner I had two pieces of leftover pizza and a giant mixed salad with egg and cheese for extra protein. Lots of different fresh veggies, it was a lot of food, I actually had three pieces of pizza that were leftovers but only ate two - so still have one. I cannot believe that I went from eating a whole pizza to having to take three days to finish half a pizza.

But, I love it!

Got lots of exercise in yesterday, an hour of structured exercise - 30 on the bike, 15 on the stairmaster, 15 on the glider - as well as easily a couple hours of yardwork/housework. Slept great.

Will not eat breakfast, will eat a dinner salad with salsa for dressing for lunch with the church gang, probably fruit in the afternoon and not sure about dinner - have to eat up that lonely piece of pizza of course :wink:

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:35 am

Monday Morning - Back to Work :shock:

146 today, everything went right on track yesterday.

Ate no breakfast, didn't have a salad in town - had hot nachos and cheese instead, they were great. Got a LOT of fresh produce from the folks at church at a good price FREE :D . So, didn't want a salad then. Came home and ate a giant plate of cucumbers and tomatoes sprinkled with croutons and olive olive/balsamic vinegar and fresh oregano and basil from my son's garden. YUMMM.

Ate the final piece of pizza at 11 last night, after church.

Exercised 90 mins - 30 bike, 30 stairstepper, 30 glider.

Ready for a new day, taking fruits, veggies, boiled egg and cheese chunks to work with me.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:07 am

Tuesday morning.

Busy day at work planned.

147 this morning, ate lots of fruits and veggies yesterday,

white peaches, white nectarines, cantaloupes, plums, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. etc. etc. A virtual farmer's market. :D

Exercised 30 mins bike, 15 mins glider - 30 mins yardwork (but it is a necessity, have to take care of my plants, etc. during this 100 degree heat.

Have another healthy day planned - the boss went out to buy supplies yesterday (bottled water, etc.) She said I will stock you up on Diet Dr. Pepper - I said, No thanks, water will do. 8)

To your health all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Happy Wednesday Journal and Journalers :wink:

Another successful day, even had a blip in the daily plans.

Daughter in Law called and wanted to take me to lunch, I told her that I had lots of fruits and veggies that I really would have to eat because I didn't want to drag them home and would be bringing more today so I didn't want to leave them in the fridge.

She said, well just come along and we will catch up. So, that I did. We went to a little place that makes - are you ready - HOMEMADE ice cream. And they had my favorite, butter pecan.

But, guess what I had, raspberry peach tea - unsweetened 8)

We talked for almost an hour (we both work within a couple minutes of the place so we had plenty of time to visit).

So, I then ate my planned food in the afternoon, last night I ate a lot of tater tots - and I don't even particularly like them. But, I had made me a few and hubby some to go with his oven baked fish. Well, he said he only wanted 8, yes 8 tater tots. So I ate mine and his. They were okay but if they weren't there I would have not eaten them. I can never eat them out because I prefer mine VERY crispy if I am going to eat them and they have to be the genuine ones, not some faux Tater Tot (which is probably an oxymoron).

Exercised 30 mins on the bike, about 10 on the glider but had to cut that short as the hubby was yelling for me to come watch a fight on the ballgame (Cards (go Albert) v. Reds). So, I did and stayed to watch the game with him and the Cards win...

Feeling so good in general, I have always hated the old Nothing tastes as good as thin feels - but gosh it is true. My boss went out yesterday and came back with about 15 bags of different kinds of really good candy. My assignment was to fill a bowl to put on the reception desk (uh, MY desk) as well as the conference table and all the other desks.

I have not eaten ONE piece.

honest.

honest :roll:

ETA, I forgot to say that I weighed 146 this morning.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Thursday here, 147 pounds.

Ate a lot of fruits and vegetables yesterday (and a LOT of salt), thus drank a lot of water. :shock:

Made a huge salad for dinner with shredded cheese and sliced boiled egg for protein last night, ate a about half of it. Will eat the rest later today.

Got in a half hour on the glider and 15 mins on the stairstepper, bypassed the bike for a change. Also spent an hour or more walking around my son's property so that was fun. He was showing me all his fruit trees and a new little park like area he has made on the far side of his pond. It was dark when we got home so I was watering my flowers with the help of a flashlight. :D

Planning another day of eating right and exercise, actually that takes very little planning. Went to the store this morning and barely needed anything. Just got a loaf of bread and a few health and beauty items as well as some stuff for the ktties.

Thinking about making some fettucini alfredo for dinner (with grilled chicken strips for the hubby)

Might go to church tonight for a revival, not sure as the hubby went to the chiropractor and is feeling a bit sore.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:04 pm

What? No champagne, No balloons, No Flowers, Not Even A Single Little Card ?

GOAL WEIGHT !!!

It has been, let me see, 38 days or so since I rejoined at 158 pounds, I am 145 today.

Feels so good and I truly could not do it without this board and the accountability here.

And, of course, I want to thank all the little people. The little people who keep giving me free fruit and vegetables :D

Gonna stay on track, now the real work for me begins. As I said, I never have trouble losing weight, I just keep losing and then HAVE to start eating more.

I ate my salad yesterday as well as the noodles and alfredo sauce last night (no meat, no bread). Even had some of an orange soda/ice cream float last night - but not a whole one. It was fine, could have done without it but it didn't hurt me to have it either.

Got in an hour of exercise, 30 mins on the bike - 30 on the glider.

To your health all, and thanks for this board Reinhard.
Berry

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:44 am

Congratulaitons Strawb!! :D
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:50 am

osoniye wrote:Congratulaitons Strawb!! :D
Thanks a lot :roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:54 am

Early Saturday morning here, rained all night - MUCH needed as I had been spending about 45 minutes at night unrolling the huge garden hose, watering lots and lots of flower beds, baskets, pots, then rolling up the garen hose again (I HATE to see a hose unrolled on the lawn and the hose is too big for any of those hose caddies). The gardens will be very happy today I am sure.

145 this morning, will stay the course for now - haven't noticed any aging of the face or neck yet that concerns me so I will see what a few more pounds lost looks like. I can remember being at the doctor last fall and weighing 143 fully dressed and they said that my weight was perfect - that would probably have been about 140 without clothes (which is how I report my weight here). Well, I weigh without clothes, I am dressed when typing :D

I ate cantaloupe for breakfast, air popped popcorn and a about three of the hubby's CheezIts for lunch and had a chef salad (no meat) and some leftover noodles and sauce for dinner.

Got in all my exercise with a little extra on the stairstepper. Felt great.

Think I will have a veggie burger with cheese and all the toppings for dinner tonight. :wink:

Enjoy your day all.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:52 am

Sunday Morning,

144 pounds :wink:

Finally cooling off, should only be in the low 90s today, which is a break from the 103 we had yesterday.

Ate cantaloupe and plums for brekfast, had a few Cheezits midday and had a veggie burger for dinner with the works. It was really good.

Got in 30 mins on the bike, 45 on the glider.

Think I will have nachos and cheese for lunch, then make spaghettit for dinner - without the meat for me, I just add salsa or picante sauce and cheese and melt it until it is all gooey......

Enjoy you day all - What fun to just go to the closet and get out wahtever I want to wear to church, knowing nothing will be too snug 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:34 am

Monday morning 5 30 am. :shock:
Back to work.

143 pounds, didn't get home from church revival until almost midnight. Ate a little spaghettit with picante sauce and cheese but not much - will take a big container of it to work today. Also will finish off the plums.

Exercised 30 mins bike, 30 mins glider.

Still have the end of the futtucici, may have it for dinner. Yes, Pasta twice in one day. Does it get any better? But, never fear I will throw in some veggies along the way. Still have lots of fresh tomatoes.

Enjoy your day all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

Happy Tuesday :D

145 this morning, ate some leftover spaghetti (made enuogh for all week, I always do) at work yesterday with picante sauce and melted cheese. Also had sliced tomatoes and cucumers.

Hubby made ham and beans in the crockpot yesterday, the house smelled great when I walked in. I made cornbread to go with it - had one bowl and one slice of bread. There was a time I would have eaten twice that much, easily... Easily 8)

Exercised 30 mins bike, 45 glider.

Think I will about the same foods today as I did yesterday, love leftovers.

To your health,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Congrats on your goal weight! I'm so envious, yet it doesn't stop me from pigging out on the weekends. Maybe this coming one for me...
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks so much ooala. I think a person just has to be in the right mindset - I did well last year, but suddenly at the beginning of this year I just went a little goofy. Starting eating non-stop, even if I wasn't hungry. Red string Licorice, cheez-its, cookies, tortilla chips and cheese/salsa, ice cream sundaes, lots of crazy stuff - not all at once :D of course...

But, I just got tired of having to suck in my middle, adjust my clothes, wear an overblouse all the time. It is only 15 pounds or so but it has made a world of diference to how I felt about myself.

You will find that right mindset, I am sure.

I also think that exercise is an important component, if I didn't exercise it would affect no only how I feel but how I look.

Good luck to you.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Happy Wednesday all.

Forgot to check in this morning, I actually can't remember what I weighed, 145 I think - not over that I am sure or I would remember that.

Ate lots of veggies and leftover spaghetti yesterday. Will be eating more veggies with leftover ham and beans/cornbread. Leftovers are my freind on days that I work.

I am off work tomorrow, going to a luncheon with my volunteer group. I will eat whatever meal they are serving and I am sure I will enjoy it all.

Got in all my exercise yesterday, plus some yard work and I walked a half hour at lunch as the weather was beautiful.

Off to do today's exercise right now. :roll:

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Thursday morning, 143 pounds.

Off work, lounging around until I have to get ready for my meeting Will probably do a load of laundry or something light.

Ate as planned, exercised as planned.

Love it when a plan comes together :D

Will definitely be eating a big salad and some knd of soup for lunch as that is always avaialble. Not sure about the entree - will probably just take the veggie sides. We shall see. Will eat light for dinner if I eat a lot of lunch. Might have the dessert if it looks tempting.

To your health all,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I just keep looking at your goal weight and the fact that you got to it in one month! but trying not to be too envious. It's esp. impressive since it's usually those last 10 lbs. that are hardest. Frankly, I'd be thrilled to be at your before weight. I see that you're exercising a fair amount. Oh, that will feel good when I start doing it!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks again.

Exercise DOES feel good, I get very stressed if I can't exercise. Love how it makes me feel, I am lucky enough to have an entire extra bedroom filled with the exercise equipment and various other items that I have bought. It also has a tv/dvd player and stereo system. I usually listen to talk radio on my headphones while on the bike as it is rather noisy but then just listen to the radio or tv on the glider or stairstepper. About to head that way, as a matter of fact.

The luncheon went fine yesterday. I actually found myself making some wise decisions, without even thinking twice about it. The soup was some cream of something so I didn't have it. I had a salad with lots of fresh veggies, croutons, dressing, etc. then I skipped the baked ham (rarely ever eat meat). I had some wild rice mixture, a piece of sweet potato (which I was happy to see was pure, not all glazed and sweetened) and some fresh green beans. I passed on some kind of corn/cheese souffle thing, it looked a little "buttery".

It was all great. I buttered my dinner roll and took a bite and then just sat it down. It didn't taste good enough to waste the calories on. Had it been hot and fluffy, I would have indeed enjoyed it.

The dessert choices were chocolate cake with chocolate icing or spiced pears. I got the pears. :wink:

I drank unsweetened iced tea and fat free milk.

Great meal, lots of food yet I wasn't stuffed or anything.

Wasn't hungry last night so I just ate sliced tomatoes.

Got in all my exercise, 15 minutes extra as a matter of fact.

To your health,

8)

ETA, forgot to post that I weighed 144 this morning, the fact that I am forgetting is a very good thing. I am concentrating on the entire process, not the weight loss now.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Morning all, a beautiful Saturday here, rained last night and the flowers look gorgeous this morning. The birds are chirping, the butterflies and fluttering by and I am a happy poster.

Weigh 143, ate quite a bit yesterday actually. Ate leftover ham and beans for lunch with cornbread. Ate a few small chunks of pepperjack cheese and satines in the afternoon and ate leftover spaghetti with salsa and shredded cheese (melted) for dinner. Also had a giant sliced fresh tomato. In the old days, I would have eaten two servings of each of the above as well as a couple slices of galric bread with the spaghetti.

However, that was the past, this is the present and the future.

Gave the hubby a few cookies with his coffee last night, just put the lid on the container and replaced them in the pantry when I was finished - OKAY, I did inhale the aroma :D

Exercised a litle more than normal, I can really see the difference that is makng around the ab section - actually see some definition. SOME, not a six pack - more like a case 8)

Plan to finish the ham and beans for lunch today - no more spaghetti left, all the leftovers are gone :( Still have lots of fresh tomatoes so that's a good thing. (My ode to Martha)

But, I shall make something else equally as worthy of being leftover.

Enjoy your day all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Sunday Morning comin' down.....

Beautiful day here. Looks like it rained again, the sunflowers are all perky!

Surprised that I weighed 143 this morning, thought it would be more as I seemed to eat a lot of salty stuff yesterday. Especially popcorn!!

Had homemade veggie burgers for dinner (well I made four but had one). It was great, plan to have another for lunch today, I will skip eating in town and eat my own yummy food.

Ate one pancake for breakfast, it had bluberries in it so I didn't add any butter or syrup. Ate a handful of Cheez-its mid day, then ate the popcorn. Thought about opening my bag(s) of red string licorice but wasn't sure I had the willpower to eat one piece so I ate a butterscotch disc instead :D

Made the hubby baked chicken, ate a piece of the crispy skin.
Oh yes I did :roll:

Maybe all that decadent behavior will show up on the scales tomorrow.

Got in all my exercise, plan to do so again this afternoon.

Enjoy your day all

Off to church,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:51 am

Monday morning - Back to work :shock:

144 this morning,

ate a veggie burger, glazed carrots and baby peas for lunch yesterday,
with sliced tomatoes....

ate a veggie burger and sliced tomatoes for a late dinner after church.

Still have one veggie burger left so that will be what I eat for lunch or dinner today.

45 mins bike, 30 mins glider, maybe an hour of yard work total.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Tuesday here,

142, just starting to look a little too thin in the face. Will stay the course for now, however.

Went to lunch with my DIL yesterday, had a Subway Veggie Delite - got the 12 inch one and ate half, left the other half in the fridge at work.

Ate my final veggie burger and sliced tomatoes for dinner last night.

Ate the other half of the veggie delite for lunch today, will eat a couple slices of pizza and some sliced tomatoes for dinner. Love my fresh sliced tomoatoes, will sure miss them when they're gone.

Bought some cantaloupes and plums today. Yum.

Also bought some raisin cinnamon bread, might have to start eating a slice or two of it for a late breakfast. Don't want to drop below 140 I don't think.

Got in my exercise yesterday and am off to do it again right now.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

Early Wednesday morning,

142 pounds.

Made a peanut butter on whole grain raisin bread for lunch, will have the leftover pizza for dinner (before this plan there would have been NO leftover pizza for dinner :D ) Also will have some fresh plums and sliced tomatoes throughout the day.

Got in my exercise last night as well as about a 30 minute brisk walk at lunch (plan to do the same today as the weather has been gorgeous.)

Staying the course,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 pm

I keep forgetting about the possibility of a good ol' peanut butter sandwich for lunch! Or any meal. And on raisin bread. How sneaky. Given how much less sugar I eat these days, that's darn close to dessert. But legal!

Love hearing about your troubles keeping weight on. grrh! No, really, it's fun.

I talked to someone last night who practices partial range high intensity training. A person uses high weight, multiple fast reps, and multiple sets to train. Burns a lot of calories, builds muscle, and protects joints. The last one is my priority. I have to save my knees and shoulders so that I can destroy them in dance. But I get inspiration hearing about your workouts.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 am

Thursday morning,

141 pounds, off work - think the hubby and I are going out for breakfast (or lunch) depending on when we get an appointment to get the oil changed in the truck. I shall shop while he is doing that - of course :roll: Need to get a lot of salad fixings.

Ate my peanut butter on raisin bread for lunch yesterday, very filling. That will probably be my menu for a while for lunches. Easy, healthy and yummy. At least until the raisin bread is gone :)

Ate two slices of pizza and some sliced tomatoes for dinner, still have some pizza left (and it was only one of those little frozen Tony's pizzas to start with - I am ashamed to say there was a time that I could have eaten a whole Red Baron or one of the big pizzas myself. :shock:

Can't imagine that now.

Got my exercise in, some nights after work I am so exhausted I can barely stand - but I head to the exercise room and get on the bike. 45 mins later I am done and it was worth it.

Wishing all a good day.
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Hope your day was great! You're doing really well!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Friday's here.

143 this morning, ate a bit more yesterday on purpose as I am going to try and stay between 140 and 145 I believe. It would be easy to keep doing exactly the same and get down into the 130's but I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror in the store yesterday and thought that I was thin enough in the face.

I will continue to stay away from the junk food and the diet soda but add more healthy foods like fruit and my peanut butter on raisin bread sandwich.

We ended up going to breakfast yesterday, I had one biscuit and gravy. It was fine and plenty although I could have also gotten it as a breakfast with 2 eggs, 3 bacon and hashbrowns WITH the biscuit and gravy. I cannot imagine.

Ate one of my peanut butter sandwiches with a glass of cold milk about two oclock, then had the leftover pizza and a big chef salad for dinner (got lots of good veggies and fruits in the store).

Hubby wanted me to make us an ice cream float after dinner. I was neutral on the idea which is good. I didn't crave it but I wasn't afraid to have one either. I made purple cows - grape soda and Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream. They were fine.

Shopping again today but this time with friends. Got all the big stuff yesterday so today I will just be roaming around. Need to pick up a giftcard to Olive Garden for a friend whose daughter is facing chemo. I can't do much to help but they both like to eat there so I figure if they feel like stopping to eat while they are out, the card might be enjoyed.

We will probably eat at Wendy's or somewhere.

Got in all my exercise yesterday afternoon, plan to keep that up as it feels so good.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Saturday morning, up and at 'em :D

141 this morning, busy day planned. Going on an all day shopping trip with my daughter-in-law, hitting all the consignment shops. Love it.

We will eat out somewhere but I will do well, I am sure. I will probably have a salad.

Ate at Wendy's yesterday with my other shopping group (this is my third day of marathon shopping, good thing I work three days a week to pay for it all 8) ) Seriously, though, I look more than I shop.

Ate a large chili yesterday, that's all, for lunch. Well, with water and a couple packs of crackers. Made homemade chicken rice soup for dinner (had the chicken precooked from last weekends baked chcken), with carrots, celery, onions and parsley. Pretty and yummy. Made a lot so will send some home with the DIL today as she looooovves it too.

Also ate a cereal bowl with lot of fruits, grapes - cantaloupe - puirple plums, etc. as well.

Told my husband yesterday afternoon, I have to exercise soon. He said, No, you don't HAVE to. I said, oh yeah, I do.. :roll:

So I did,

Enjoy your day all -
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Sunday morning - perfect perfect day.

142 this morning (I think, I have already forgotten).

Shopped all day yesteday, got some beautiful fall/winter clothes. Several pair of dress slacks and several long dresses and skirts that will look great with boots.

Everything was either a Small or a size 8 or so - no problems whatsoever.
It is so refreshing to be able to put on a t-shirt (as I did yesterday) or a polo shirt with a pair of jeans and not have to wear an overblouse or tug at myself all day long to make sure no middle bulge is showing.

Speaking of that, I cannot believe how many people WANT their midriff bubge to show - and I mean a REAL bulge not just a little flab.
Oh well. :roll:

Ate some plums for breakfast yesterday, then we stopped at TacoBell (my least favorite place to eat on the planet, perhaps - but it was the choice of the driver. I just stood there and stared at their menu - I finally said Do you have anything healthy? The kid said, That's not a question that we are asked too often :D He pointed me to the fresco menu, or something like that. I got a plain bean burrito and water. It was okay. I love Mexican food but only at a real restaurant where I can have salads or a chalupa or something.

For dinner I was just going to have a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk but the hubby said I needed to eat more. I told him that he didn't need to be telling me what to do. 8) Then I ate a bowl of homemade chicken rice soup.

Off to church, won't eat before I leave - will eat a salad for lunch with lots of fresh veggies.

Not sure what dinner will be, thinking about making the hubby oven baked pork chops, fresh corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes or a salad.

I don't eat pork chops, don't like corn on the cob - love the tomatoes and salad however.

It's all good.

Enjoy your Sunday all -
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:37 pm

You seem to be satisfied with so little food that it's hard to imagine that you ever overate enough to get very heavy. Was this weight this bout with No S all the weight you had to lose or had you been heavier before?

In any case, clothes shopping sounds like it was fun!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 am

Morning all,

oolala, I was a very skinny kid, weighed 98 pounds when I got married 118 when I went INTO the hospital to have my first child. I had four kids in five years by the time I was 23.

Have been a size six most of my adult life - but slowly started creeping up to the 140 s and 150 s the last few years. I lost a son and a husband in a four year time span and perhaps that played into it, or perhaps that is just an easy excuse.

Luckily, I have loved exercise my entire life so I never got to the point where I had no clothes to wear or people were commenting negatively (as a matter of fact, I have lost what, 16 pounds, in the last couple months and not one person has commented. That's good.)

However, I have remarried and want to look and feel my best so that I can enjoy every second of this relationship.

The most I think I ever weighed was on Jan 2008 when I joined Calorie Count Plus (they graph your weight and I can still go back and check it there). I weighed 160 pounds then. Weighed 158 when I joined here the first time, got down to 132 in a few months - too thin. Gained it back but that was because I thought I had better eat a bunch of junk as I have lost too much weight.

WEll, I have a new mindset now. I don't need a lot of unhealthy food - I practice low fat, low calories, high volume and high nutrition. I eat salads and.or fresh fruits and vegeatables every day - lots of eggs and cheese for protein.

If I need to add anything this time, it will not be CheezIts and licorice. 8)

Today I weigh 142, ended up eating four slices of Red Baron cheese pizza for lunch as we came home after church to watch the ballgame and laze around.

Ate plums, cantaloupe and red grapes throughout the day and a big salad for dinner with tomatoes, green peppers, green onions, carrots, shredded cheese, sliced boiled eggs, croutons, vinagrette..... Yummy

Will take a salad for lunch today as well.

Got in all my exercise, will do the same tonight and will walk an hour during lunch if weather permits.

Enjoy your Monday all
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 am

So sorry about your first husband and your son. Congrats on finding new love, though. I think that would make a difference in my life, but I know I can't depend on that, so I've got to be a big girl. Sometimes better than others.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am

Thank you very much. :wink:

I also agree that we need to make our own happiness in life, if someone comes along who wants to join us, that's great - if not, we will just happily travel alone. When I met my new husband, I told him that I didn't need a man to support me as I was financially secure, raise my children as they were grown or take care of me as I was doing fine on my own.

I just needed someone to adore me. :roll: Which he does.

140 this morning, ate my giant salad at lunch yesterday, ate some more of my homemade chicken/rice/veggie soup last night. I will be taking some fruit and soup for lunch - not sure what dinner will be but something good I am sure :D

Managed to do some yardwork as well as my structured exercise. Didn't get to walk at lunch, very very busy yesterday. Mondays always are. Maybe today.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 am

Wednesday morning here, pouring rain - much needed as we were nearing a drought. My flowers will be very happy I am sure. Can't wait until daylight to see how they have responded.

140 this morning, had a great day yesterday. Ate my leftover chicken/rice/vegetable soup for lunch with some fresh plums. Ate two pancakes with butter and syrup and two veggie patties for dinner with a glass of 2pct milk and a bowl of fresh cantaloupe. It was very, very filling - slept great.

Walked briskly for a half hour at lunch up and down a lot of steep inclines (ours is a rather hilly little town). Felt so good, even though it was hot, I love to be able to move my body. SO grateful that I am able to.

Got in another half hour on the bike and 15 minutes on the glider later in the evening.

I might take soup for lunch again, maybe with a peanut butter on raisin bread sandwich - the bread is almost gone as well. Think I will go to the market at lunch and get some more healthy bread - maybe cheddar/onion or something like that.

Probably will get something at the deli while I am there for the hubby for dinner - maybe fried chicken legs. He LUVS those. :D
I will make a salad as well, that will be my dinner.

Hoping everybody has a happy, healthy Wednesday.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:50 am

I know what you mean about being grateful to move. I've injured my shoulders and knees at various times and had to visit a specialist or PT. Oh, the other poor patients in the waiting room! Pins and casts and braces, etc. And I didn't see the worst of them, I'm sure.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:25 pm

So true oolala,

My husband was flat on his back on home helath care for 32 LOOONG weeks last year, he would have walked twenty miles uphill both ways :D if they would have just let him goooooo.

140 this morning, off work - don't plan to go anywhere as I am going to do some housework. Plan to go through my pantry and freezer(s) to see exactly what's what. They are both full so I know that there is SOMETHING there. Going shopping tomorrow so I need to know what I don't need to buy. Can't imagine that I need much, really - other than fresh fruits, veggies, maybe eggs (hope the scare is over) :shock:

Didn't walk yesterday at lunch as it was pouring rain all day. DIL called and asked me to go out to eat but I told her that I would have to make it another day, we were reaaaalllly busy until later in the afternoon. I just ate my peanut butter on raisin bread sandwich with a bunch of grapes (get it, BUNCH of grapes :roll: ) and some fresh plums. Drank some hot peppermin tea as the office was pretty cold. Ate a huge salad for dinner, very filling. Bought the hubby some fried chicken legs at the deli and made him some macaroni and cheese. I ate neither of those but he will be eating the leftovers for lunch.

Did my structured exercise - 30 mins bike, 15 mins glider, added 15 mins on the stair stepper yesterday morning before work as I was in that room anyway listening to a radio program before work.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy day.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Friday's here Journal and Journalers!

Off to a day of shopping with friends, will probably eat a salad for lunch.

141 this morning, tried to eat a bit more than I have been yesterday, ate a huge fruit salad for breakfast with pineapple chunks, mangoes, plums, red grapes and cantaloupe. Made homemade veggie soup with about ten kinds of vegetables, literally. Ate a bowl at lunch and another one later in the afternoon. Will eat another bowl tonight - will be better after it has sat a day and after I make some cornbread to go with it! (Have to get some eggs while I am out to make cornbread, hope they are safe now :shock: )

THEN hubby said, We need a pizza! So I ate three or four pieces of veggie/cheese pizza.

I don' see how people can't get 5-7 servvings of fruits and veggies, I get about a dozen at least.
:lol: :lol:

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy day.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Happy Saturday,

141 here, eating some animal crackers with my coffee - I NEVER eat this early but somebody finally said yesterday that I was looking a bit thin in the face :shock:

And I found them in the pantry....

No, seriously, I am in control. It is actually vey easy - I walked down the aisles of the grocery yesterday, needing nothing at all in the cookie/cracker/chips/snacks section - except I did get some pretzel cracker thins in the deli - 10 calories apiece, very crispy and quite yummy. Ate a handful last night with a couple slices of pepperjack.

Had a salad at Hardee's for lunch with fat free Italian dressing. Funny thing about the dressing - there was an unopened packet on the table of Creamy Ranch or something that a patron had left - a friend (who ordered exactly what I did) and I were reading it - something like 150 calories or so, ours had 10. If I were going to eat that many calories in Hardees, it would be some onion rings or something, not salad dressing.

Bought some more beautiful fruit, BIG ripe peaches to add to my stash.

Made hubby tacos for supper, I made a variation using white corn tortillas and layered all the stuff on a plate except for the meat.

He siad, Uh, you've had salad for lunch and dinner.

I said, Uh, you are very observant :lol:

Got in all my exercise as well as at least an hour of walking while I was shopping and some yard work after I came home.

Enjoy your Saturday all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:43 am

Here it is late Sunday night, forgot to check in this morning, weighed 141 but forgot what I ate yesterday.

Good stuff I am sure, fruits and vegetables. Oh yeah, I ate Cheezits in the afternoon :D

Ate nachos and cheese for lunch today and veggie soup with homemade cornbread - two or three pieces, I lost count. Very yummy all of it.

Hubby ate vanilla ice cream with fresh sliced peaches, I just ate the peaches.

Haven't exercised yet, my son is over watching a movie with the hubby. I am not really watching the movie - something with Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman and the very world existance is at stake :roll:

However, I don't want to leave the room and exercise, that might be rude.

If I don't get it in, oh well, family is much more important.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Happy Labor Day :D

141 again (great, I dion't have to change my signature line) :wink:

Managed to get in my exercise at 9 last night, time went fast as I was listening to the radio - I had all the lights off in the exercise room and the window open so I could listen to the whip poor wills and crickets (we live on a farm) Great breeze, I could have stayed there all night.

But, I didn't - took a hot bubble bath and came to bed. I am reading a great book called The Wedding Ring, about three generations of women - the matriarch is a quilter, thus the title.

The hubby said last night we can eat our last remaining HUGE fresh peach with CHeerios for breakfast today, sounds like a plan to me.

I will have some more veggie soup and cornbread and a big chef salad (without the meat) sometime today - either lunch or dinner.

THought about eating some of that licorice that has been languishing in the pantry since I started back on this plan - didn't follow through due to lack of interest not the fact that I couldn't have it.

Wore a new dress for church yesterday with a belt! Felt great, didn't feel the need to cover it up with a jacket or anything like I would have in the past - regardless of weather. I always had on an overblouse, vest, jacket, sweater - now I can wear one less layer.

Should have started the plan in March or so instead of July, huh? Now that it is getting cooler, I will NEED the jacket :shock:

But there will be a Spring next year I am hoping, And I will still be on track, I am hoping even more.

Enjoy your day all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:15 am

Tuesday morning, back to work :roll:

Weight 142

So, let's sse - yesterday I ate HoneyNut Cheerios and sliced fresh peaches with a piece of raisin cinnamon bread.

Ate some mixed fruit during the day. Ate spaghetti with salsa and melted cheese for dinner.

Will be taking veggie soup with cornbread for lunch with a bowl of mixed fruit - pineapple, peaches and red grapes for a side 8)

Got in my full exercise yesterday.

Everything is working out easier than I thought it would as far as snacks, the diet soda, etc.

so far. :P

Enjoy your day all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

Wednesday already?

141 this morning, ate as planned yesterday and got in all my exercise.

It is such a good feeling to be in charge again.

Had chicken and dumplings with a piece of cornbread for dinner (canned, Sweet Sue - yes my husband likes it and I always do what he likes :wink: ) I tell him that it will be his fault that while people on here are posting about picking fresh arugula from their penthouse gardens and flying in raspberries from Argentina - sprinkling both over their chunks of goat cheese garnered from livestock roaming the mountainsides of Brazil with a few pomegranate seeds as garnish along side a bit of biscotti for crunch - I will be talking about canned chicken and dumplngs. :shock:

He said, Yeah, that's why I married you. You're real...... :D

Think I will take the end of the veggie soup and cornbread for lunch with some seedless red and green grapes. I got several pounds of each yesterday and they were nice and fat and crisp.....

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Thursday morning and it is POURING rain, POURING I tell you.
And I am going out with friends.
Oh well, it's only water. Supposedly the remnants from the latest tropical storm. I hear that Texas is really taking a beating, good thought sfor all.

Didn't eat my veggie soup yesterday, forgot to take it :roll: Foraged through the fridge and freezer at work, found some grapes and a Smart Ones (Or one of those brands) frozen meal, can't even describe what it was, something to do with rice and glazed vegetables and perhaps an apple type dessert. It was better than fainting but certainly not worth 440 calories, I could have eaten a lot of fresh food for that.

SO I ate a huge fresh salad for dinner - yummy and very filling.

But, later the hubby asked me to make us both Creamsiscle floats (orange soda and ice cream.) I didn't really want one but the ice cream was almost gone after his anyway so I plopped it in a little glass and sloshed some soda over it.

You know what? It was TOOOOO sweet. I couldn't believe it, it tasted very strange. I thought - oh my, my taste buds have been altered forever. :shock:

Then I realized, I had already brushed my teeth and mouthwasted with Crest 3D whitening - no wonder the float tasted funny.

So, a great diet tip for ya 8)

WIll be eating lunch out, ate a handful of animal crackers when I woke up so my stomach isn't totally empty - yeah, that's what I said!!!!!

141 this morning.

Enjoy your day all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Morning all,

Change of plans yesterday, sadly :cry:

My husband's mother died of breast cancer when he was 14, his best friend's mother told him, I am your mother now. A wonderful woman, who passed away yesterday at the age of 90. He was sitting on the side of her bed, holding her hand when she peacefully went.

Obviously food or exercise didn't enter my mind. A few of us went out in the middle of the day to get some late breakfast and bring back food for those who stayed behind. I ate a biscuit and gravy and nibbled on some of the hubby's toast.

After she passed, we all gathered at his best friend's house (their friendship is still going strong, over fifty years later.) They sent out for pizzas, we had some homemade macaroni salad, sodas, etc. It was fine.

I had some leg cramps due to no exercise but other than that everything is fine.

Very sad day, her death was not unexpected but still to watch someone literally die is both sobering and peaceful.

141 this morning, by the way.

My best to all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:54 am

Saturday 9/11 - a day we will never forget.

Purposely ate more yesterday, weigh 143 today (not from yesterday yet I am sure, probably more from Thursday's late night pizza 8) ) I was told by a few people in the waiting room that I had gotten too thin - and have been told by my husband daily.... One would not think that this weight at 5 foot 5 would be thin at all but I do exercise a lot and my clothes have gotten very losse.

I shall try to gain and maintain at 145 as that was my goal weight.

Can't even rememeber what I ate yesterday, things have been so hectic around here. BUT I did break open the licorice that has been in the pantry for over two months. Ate two pieces, it was okay but I could have survived without it. Amd I do seem to recall a big mound of nachos with extra cheese, salsa and sour cream :shock:

Drank a glass of wine last night, feel very puffy. I actually feel much better the less food I eat but that's not healthy I am sure :D

Will probably make pancakes or waffles this morning with scrambled eggs or something. And I am craving another big salad.

I did get in all my exercise, even a bit more yesterday.

To your health all.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Happy Sunday.

144 this morning, my face looks less drawn so that is good.
Amazing that one can gain back in a couple days what it takes weeks to lose, isn't it?

Busy day today, church this morning and tonight. Went out last night, funeral on Monday so I am a bit off schedule.

Had to go out last night, didn't get in the exercise but I slept okay so that's all right. I will have time to do it this afternoon, wll just add in a little.

Ate homemade waffles with butter and syrup yesterday. Ate noddles with Alfredso sauce and sliced tomatoes last night, had some snacks throughout the day - licorice, pretzel crisps, etc. Sweet tea.

Feel better eating less, actually but that is how I got into trouble last year.
Will ty to stay around 143 I believe, probably bounce from 140-145. Will not permit my weight about 145, will go back to what I know works.

Beautiful day, sunny - blue skies - fluffy clouds.

Will be going to lunch with fiends, will just have the salad I believe.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 am

Tuesday morning,
Survived the funeral, everything went well.
Ate a grilled cheese before I left so I wouldn't feel faint or anything (around all those flowers, I get a bit woozy for some reason).

Went out after the burial with friends to a little bbq place - I ate some homestyle fries, drank water - although I did drink a Diet Coke at their business before we left, forgot I was off the sauce :D It was fine.

142 this morning, will take a sandwich and grapes or something to work.

Ate some homemade lemon poundcake when we got home last night.

Yummy.

Didn't get to exercise because we got in too late but will be back on schedule tonight.

Won't get to walk at lunch as it is raining :roll:

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:22 am

Morning all,
Wednesday here - 144 pounds - feeling great.

Ate fine yesterday, sandwich and grapes for lunch, spaghetti and garlic bread for supper.

Walked for about 30 mins at lunch but didn't get in my other exercise last night as I had a splitting headache, had to sit still.

Very rare, must have been something in the air outside as hubby also had a headache.

All better now, so no excuses tonight :roll:

Will eat a sandwich again probably and a big salad for dinner. We are going out to a church function tonight so not sure when we will eat (or where).

To your health all
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm

Weird, though I'm watching your thread, I haven't been getting notices of your posts.

Sorry about your husband's "mother." How lucky he was to have her all these years, though. I missed my mother's death by just a few hours. I don't grieve over that, but there's just a little bit of a twinge when I think of it. It seems like a privilege to be there for it.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Berry ~ I just wanted to say a belated congrats for reaching your goal. I also end my condolences. Loss of life gives us perspective. Sending a ((((hug))))
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 pm

oolala and reneew, thank you very much. :wink:

It does give one perspective to see a little old woman who weighed about 70 pounds laying there dying when I am overly concerned with maintaining a 3-5 pound window of perfection :cry:

But, I want to live a long healthy life as she did so I shall continue on.

Ate a sandwich for lunch, ate a cheese quesailla for dinner - went shopping with my daughter in law and got a pretty Christopher and Banks sweater, tan with darer brown whipstitch around the sleeve edges and collar. Will go great with some of my dress slacks this winter.

Off work today (only worked two days this week and last due to the funeral and Labor day - I work Monday through Wednesday)

THe girl I work with said, Thanks for stopping by :lol: She would love to work part time but cannot do so right now financially. I already paid my dues, working sixty hour weeks for decades. Time to relax.

Hve a volunteer committee meeting today where they serve dinner so I am sure I will find something healthy among the choices.

To your health all,

and thanks again.

Oh yeah, 143 today.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Oops, forgot to check in the last few days, have been really busy.

Everything is going fine, weighed 142 this morning. Been getting in a lot of exercise, mainly outdoors as we are doing all the fall cleanup of the flower beds, raking, etc. - hauling sticks to the brush piles. Getting ready to do some painting.

Have been eating anything I want to, the good news is I want less. :wink:

My best to all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am

Tuesday morning, 141 here.

Ate cheese, crackers, etc. for lunch yesterday, even had a couple pieces of candy from the office.

Ate egg noodle dish for dinner with cream of chicken soup, buttered french bread.

Think I will have homemade veggie soup (from the freezer) for lunch with some more cheese and crackers (took some of those individual little rolls of Ritz crackers to work and a hunk of cheese :lol: )

Got in my 45 mins of exercise last night, felt great - had missed some recently but have been getting in plenty of exercise with yardwork, etc.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

Wednesday morning here, 142 pounds.

Ate a LOT yesterday, cheese and crackers and, a BIG bowl of the homemade veggie soup as well as pretzels for lunch, a huge salad and a macaroni/chili casserole with crumbled tortillas chips and sour cream topping thingy for dinner. Surprised I didn't weigh 152 this morning :lol:

Tomorrow maybe :shock:

What's funny is, we have three kinds of ice cream in the freezer - vanilla for floats, smoothies, etc - neopolotain and rocky road or some such with chocolate chunks and nuts in it. Haven't opened any of them and have had them a while. Just don't have the desire I used to.

Walked at lunch, worked in the yard last night, watering flowers and dragging the hose around, etc. AND got in my 45 mins of scheduled exercise. :roll:

Think I will eat some more of the cheese and crackers at work - and pretzels. That stuff is already there so I don't have to drag anything, except maybe some fresh fruit like grapes or peaches.

Not sure about dinner but it will probably include a huge salad with balsamic vinegar for dressing as last night's was soooooooooo goood.

Enjoy your "healthy" day all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Thursday mornng, 140 pounds.
Off work today, still lounging in bed watching the news and playing on the computer.

Ate my planned food yesterday, except for dinner - ending up getting a call from freinds as we were on our way home after work who wanted us to meet them at the diner for dinner.

Couldn't think of a thing I wanted to eat so I just had fries, they were fine - not great, not horrible. Gave me something to do while everybody else was eating their platefuls of food :shock: And, after all, french fires ARE potaotes which ARE vegetables (oh yeah, and they are fried in fat) :lol:

Later ate some of the rocky road ice cream with caramel sauce, it was yummy.

Didn't get in my scheduled exercise but did get in some walking at lunch.

Not sure what I will eat today, might make the hubby pancakes or waffles being I am home.

Maybe baked chicken with salad and some veggies for dinner. He likes that and I like to have a happy husband 8)

To your health all.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Friday, 142 pounds, went to lunch with friends - ate a bowl of chili and had water.

Made a cheesecake when I came home for the hubby (from a box mix) had to test it before it chills 8) Also ate a slice or two of amaretto soaked poundcake I also bought (hubby's birthday today but we are celebrating next Thursday with friends due to schedule conflict). So we will probably have pizza tonight as is our usual Friday routine and have some yummy dessert.

For his birthday I am taking him to see Secretariat and out to our favorite Mexican restaurant (but it isn't showing yet so that will be postponed as well). He needs nothing so this is what he wants. Sounds good to me.

Haven't exercised yet but I shall.

honest 8)
Berry