Vicnic's Daily Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

vicnic

Vicnic's Daily Check in

Post by vicnic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Right, cancelled my WWers subscription. I am in such an obsessive/negative cycle regarding food and weighing myself (2-3x/day :shock: ) something has to change. I am 14lbs above where I would like to be but in the last 2 years I reckon I have taken those pounds off and put them back on about 5 times.
I have made a pact with myself not to weigh myself until just before Easter when my husband and I are taking a holiday with friends without our children. The not weighing will be a big deal for me and very tough but I have to break this obsession as it affects my mood so dramatically. I have a pair of US size 8 shorts which I can do up but wouldn't be seen in public in, I would like them to fit well. They will be my guide.

Today was obviously an S day and by saying that for the first time in months I don't feel guilty about being slightly off the rails this weekend.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Keep checking in here. We're all pulling for you.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Saire

Post by Saire » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey it's me - Vicnic's biggest supporter and best friend - so we can do this together (she said hijacking your thread!!!!!) - all I can say : Go Vicnic Go!!!
ETS : I have lost 2st so far on no S and I am delighted to see anyone joining me......
I am only responsible for my efforts, not for my my results.

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Good day 1 - SUCCESS Having to eat without my husband otherwise I would never make it. Cannot go from 1pm until 8.30pm.
Had lunch out with a friend and enjoyed it.
:)

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Day 2 SUCCESS
No exercise as had to pick DS up from school mid morning as he is sick.
Ate nutritionally balanced meals and plated up my pad thai and couldn't finish it all, so that's my lunch sorted for tomorrow. :lol: Weighed myself only once so that's an improvement. Will try for a day of no weighing tomorrow. I think I need to take small steps where that is concerned. My aim is to get to a point where I only weigh in monthly.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am

Weighing yourself won't slow down your weight loss, so don't worry about it, just don't convince yourself that it means anything. Glad you are doing well!
vicnic wrote:Day 2 SUCCESS
No exercise as had to pick DS up from school mid morning as he is sick.
Ate nutritionally balanced meals and plated up my pad thai and couldn't finish it all, so that's my lunch sorted for tomorrow. :lol: Weighed myself only once so that's an improvement. Will try for a day of no weighing tomorrow. I think I need to take small steps where that is concerned. My aim is to get to a point where I only weigh in monthly.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:40 am

DAY 3 SUCCESS
Good day yesterday although very hungry late pm. Managed to ignore by focusing on the fact I was going to have a really nice dinner which on a 'diet' I wouldn't have been able to have - homemade lasagne, one slice of homemade garlic bread and salad. All fitted nicely on a dinner plated without being piled high :lol:
Thusday is my official WI day and I have lost 3lbs this week so very happy. I gained for some unknown reason last week so this is that plus a little extra.
Aim for the week, is to steer clear of the scales until next Thursday. I am not at a point where what they say doesn't bother me. But I am keeping in a mind something Saire sent to me - There is no ideal weight, only ideal behaviour

Saire

Post by Saire » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 am

Well done! I'm really glad that you enjoyed your lasagne so much. Did you wait for Mr Vicnic? I really enjoyed my chicken enchiladas as well - made them with fajita spice instead of chilli powder and they were very good.
I am only responsible for my efforts, not for my my results.

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 am

Day 4 was a success until I went out with a friend wo doesn't eat so I only had half a bowl of chips for dinner (and wine) so surprise, surprise I ate crisps when I got home. So FAIL

Day 5SUCCESS
Day 6&7 S days and not too bad at all, no sweets but a couple of snacks and take away on Saturday evening.

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 am

Day 5 FAIL
Was fine until about 7pm and then decided to virtual plate my dinner so I could have something before waiting for DH. Big mistake, just ate for England then.

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 pm

FAIL

Feel rubbish today so have just not been on track at all. Off to bed soon.
Not beating myself up just start again tomorrow :)

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 am

SUCCESS

vicnic

Post by vicnic » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 am

After many days of being completely off the rails, I am back on track. New day, new start.