My First Check-In....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Baseball11

My First Check-In....

Post by Baseball11 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:53 pm

I have been following this way of eating for a week now. Today was my first weigh-in. I hope to only weigh twice a month in the future, but I had to weigh today to see if this is working for me. I am a professional dieter since age 21. So, for 20 years, I have tried them all - you name it, I've tried it to lose weight. I bought this book and followed the advice exactly last week.

I only had a small amt. of sugar on Super Bowl Sunday (by choice - I need to wait a little longer as I am a sugar addict), and I had a nice-sized glass of wine. I did snack and graze some on that afternoon, but that day only. The other days, I ate 3 meals a day. I know I could have eaten differently on Sat., but the 3 meals were perfect for me that day, and I didn't want anything else.

My week wasn't as healthy as I'd have liked (working on that) due to how busy it was, but man, did I enjoy the foods I'd not had in ages! I had bagels, bananas, pnb, pizza, real salad dressing, real bread, etc. I also had a lot of fresh fruit - I ate like a normal person all week at my three meals. Wow, I've missed that!

I weighed in this a.m., really not knowing what to expect, but hoping for a loss of a pound. I'd lost exactly FOUR pounds! I am so thrilled! The only thing I did other than follow the plan, is that I started drinking more water. My goal for this week is to increase my exercise by 10 minutes a day.

Thanks for letting me share! :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:00 pm

way to go!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Good work! I once calculated that snacking provided between 30 and 45% of my daily calories, so getting to three meals makes a huge difference.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

r.jean

Wishing you the best

Post by r.jean » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Hope you continue to find that this lifestyle is the way for you. It is definitely working for me. The weight loss tends to be slow so your idea of weighing in twice a month is a good idea.