Jocelyn's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Jocelyn's Check-In

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Day 1 - SUCCESS!

Days 2, 3, 4 - S-Days (Memorial Day weekend)

Day 5 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - Cinnamon raisin toast with almond butter, banana, coffee with half and half and sugar

Lunch - Turkey sandwich with pepperjack cheese and guacamole on a roll, fresh cherries

Dinner - Vegetable salad with sharp cheddar cheese and poppyseed dressing

Exercise - Couch to 5K Week 1 Workout 1, 30-day shred level 1

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Day 6 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - Quaker oatmeal squares, skim milk, sliced bananas, coffee with half and half and sugar

Lunch - Turkey and pepperjack cheese on whole wheat bread with guacamole and spinach, fresh cherries

Dinner - London broil, baked sweet potato with butter, spinach salad with poppyseed dressing

Exercise - C25K Week 1 Workout 2, 30-Day Shred Level 1

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 am

As a Brit I'm intrigued, what on Earth is a London Broil? I've never heard of it before!

Also congratulations on such a strong start!
When nothing goes right...go left.

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:18 am

I'm from the Midwest and a London broil is a tenderized steak that is rolled jellyroll fashion and tied with string. Is that what it is for you?
Welcome to No S and best of luck.
I'm baaaack.