Jocelyn's Road to Normal...

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Jocelyn's Road to Normal...

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 am

Day 1 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - Quaker Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, banana, iced coffee with half and half and sugar

Lunch - Wrap with chipotle hummus, lettuce, avocado, and feta cheese, two black plums

Dinner - Beef and bell peppers in tomato sauce over rice, salad with oil and vinegar

Exercise - 5k Training (Week 5, Run 1), 30-Day Shred level 1

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:10 am

That's a seriously yummy looking day! And I WISH I could do those workouts you did. I'm working on it......

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Day 2 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - Whole wheat english muffin with almond butter and banana slices, iced coffee with half and half and sugar

Lunch - Salad made with mixed greens, cucumber, carrots, avocado, feta cheese, breaded chicken, and oil and vingear

Dinner - Scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese, whole wheat english muffin, watermelon chunks

Exercise - 45 minutes treadmill intervals

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:35 am

Sounds like your doing great!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 am

Welcome and good luck.
I'm baaaack.

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:18 am

Your meals sound delicious, well done on your successful days!