Sweetness' "daily" check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Sweetness' "daily" check in

Post by Sweetness » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm

I started the No S diet on Sunday Aug 21, 2011. Sunday was easy! LOL. I decided I have to lose 20 pounds last Thursday Aug 18, so today is my weigh in day. Hurrah! I lost 3 lbs!!! This week I have been taking the author of the diet's advice and loading up my plate at mealtimes. I've also been eating lots of veggies; huge delicious salads at lunchtime. I find that I have to resist the temptation to snack, but its easy to resist because I know I can eat what I want at the next meal and I can have ice cream on the weekend. I am loving this!!

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:35 pm

OK I just looked at Reinhard's sample check in and decided I would number my days... So today Thursday is my day 5, and going from memory...
Day 1 S day
Day 2 Success- note: when I say success, I do have to take my evening supplements with food, so in my book this does not count as an "S" or a snack. I take about 15 separate supplements in the evening, and I just can't get them down with plain water. Before the no S diet, I tried to just have a banana or some yogurt, but often it would get me going on a snacking track and I would go have some chips and salsa, nuts etc... Today I just had a banana with my supplements.
Day 3 tuesday Success I had some yogurt with my evening supplements.
Day 4 Success
Tomorrow I will give day 5 check, reporting on today.
Last edited by Sweetness on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi sweetness, welcome to NoS :) Sounds like you're doing really well so far!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, sweetness!!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 am

Nice to meet you!

What are you taking all those supplements for? (Or is that too personal a question?)

Sweetness

Day 5 Success!

Post by Sweetness » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome!

Day 5 success

funny stuff: It happened again that after I took my supplements with a little yogurt, that I wanted to eat everything in the kitchen. I had a half glass of milk and went to bed, that's a victory. I think the problem was that because we had an all evening meeting that started at 5:45, I had to eat dinner at 5:00, and I wasn't very hungry yet, so I ate just a very small plate.

Question? Does milk count as a snack??

Who Me? asked me why I take supplements. My husband and I have a doctor of nutrition friend that has prescribed supplements for us, Dr. Beth Ley. Why? Mostly because our soil is so depleted its almost impossible to get the nutrients we need from our food. Along with a healthy diet, I take Chlorella, coral calcium, fish oil, vitamin D, vitamin B 100, garlic, resevetrol, MSM for my joints, and a couple supplements to calm my mind so I can sleep better. At age 56, I feel very good and rarely get sick. I think I had one mild cold last winter. I used to get several colds and the flu every year. We also pray a lot which also keeps us healthy.

Bride

Post by Bride » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Welcome, Sweetness! I'm pretty new, too.

NoSnacker

Re: Day 5 Success!

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Sweetness wrote:Question? Does milk count as a snack??
Hi I don't think milk counts as a snack, some people have milk in the evening if they get hungry..could you take your supplements with milk, or keiffer drink which is really a yogurt drink, instead of eating something.

I'm the same way, if anything touches my mouth after my meals I just want to keep eating and eating...

Sounds like the supplements are making you feel better...I heard about our soils not having much nutrients in them..

deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 pm

no snacker Deb,
Thankyou, Yes I used to use kefir to take my supplements, and it's very good for you... I'll have to get some. I think that will help.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Milk does not count as a snack and is a good tool to use if you are struggling with hunger. However, drinking a lot of milk could interfere with weight loss.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Sweetness

day 6 S DAY

Post by Sweetness » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 am

DAY 6 S DAY

I decided to switch my S-saturday for today (friday) because its our date night and I really wanted popcorn at the movie. I also had an ice cream bar after lunch, and I squirted whipped cream on my yogurt tonight, and had a seconds. Next week I might just have popcorn for supper, and maybe bring a little sandwich with me into the theater and keep friday as an N day. But i have to work tomorrow so making it an N day seems more natural.
:-)

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 am

Congratulations on a great strat with No S SWeetness. You seem to be doing really well.

My only thought might be maybe sticking to fruit only for your evening supplements, the advantage of fruit is that you can SEE that there are no hidden sugars in it. Reinhard addresses it in the book that it's not a bad idea to eat extra fruit outside meals on 2 conditions, that you remember to keep including healthy foods in your meals and you don't let it lead to a slippery slope of then continuing to snack on other food because you ate the fruit.

You seem pretty aware of this though so I would think you're ok to have the banana with the supplements.

Do they have to be late in the evening though? Is there a reason you can't take them with your last meal of the day?
When nothing goes right...go left.

Sweetness

supplements

Post by Sweetness » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Sky Kitty wrote:
My only thought might be maybe sticking to fruit only for your evening supplements, the advantage of fruit is that you can SEE that there are no hidden sugars in it. Reinhard addresses it in the book that it's not a bad idea to eat extra fruit outside meals on 2 conditions, that you remember to keep including healthy foods in your meals and you don't let it lead to a slippery slope of then continuing to snack on other food because you ate the fruit.

You seem pretty aware of this though so I would think you're ok to have the banana with the supplements.

Do they have to be late in the evening though? Is there a reason you can't take them with your last meal of the day?

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know about the fruit part, I just thought it was an ok exception cause I have to take my supplements. There are 3 of the supplements that are better to take at night, two to help make my brain wind down to sleep, and one has a laxative effect and is better right before bed. I tried taking the others at dinner time, but then I would forget to take the rest at bedtime, better to just take them all at bedtime. By the way, the yogurt that I eat is plain yogurt mixed with a little "simply fruit" jam, it has no sugar or artificial sweetner added.

I love this that ppl are so helpful to answer my Qs.

Sweetness

Day 7 Success

Post by Sweetness » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:00 am

Day 7 SUCCESS!

A minor problem with lunch today. Our co-director scheduled a class that lasted from 11 to 2:30... hmm... what to do about lunch. DH packed a lunch and suggested I do the same, but I didn't want to eat in front of everyone without sharing, so I brought extra food to share. We took a break, I shared part of my sandwich I really wanted to eat, then didn't have time to eat some of the other food I brought. I was still a little hungry, but lunchtime was over. I toughed it out till supper time without snacking!! Yay for me!!

Sweetness

S day thoughts

Post by Sweetness » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Today, an S day for me I ate something I had not eaten for months -a burger and french fries. I ate half of a large 10 oz burger with cheese and most of the fries. I knew I would feel miserable afterward...my stomach still aches a little.My body is not used to so much unhealthy oil and fat. I did enjoy eating it, but I enjoy the feeling that healthy foods give me more. Hmmm I know how to eat healthy and know how good it makes me feel, but having no rules for the day made me want to break with my healthy eating patterns, already established. Do others have similar experiences?

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:13 pm

I find it easiest to stick to the same basic strucure as weekdays, and then add in S treats as I want to. I keep exactly the same breakfast, 2 slices of toast, a yogurt and a banana and have a clearly defined lunch and dinner. This helps prevent S days turning into a snack-athon all day, although I do still enjoy the treats I do have.

Sweetness

day 8 S-day

Post by Sweetness » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 pm

SkyKittty wrote:I find it easiest to stick to the same basic strucure as weekdays, and then add in S treats as I want to. I keep exactly the same breakfast, 2 slices of toast, a yogurt and a banana and have a clearly defined lunch and dinner. This helps prevent S days turning into a snack-athon all day, although I do still enjoy the treats I do have.
Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. I had less for breakfast than usual yesterday, then was very hungry after church and went for the snacks someone had put out- popcorn and cake, two kinds. (Usually someone brings fruit, but not this time) Then we went out for lunch, and there were healthier choices, but I was in this different mode and chose the burger and fries. Then at suppertime I wasn't even hungry. I had a handful of celery, my ONLY veggies for the whole day, and then went for my sundae I had been promising myself all week. I enjoyed it, but it didn't make me feel good. I hope I learned my lesson! I'm so glad to go back to a N day today!! LOL!

Day 8 S- day (too much esses!)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm

I figured out how to reset my profile with signature, lets see how it looks...
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

Sweetness

Day 9 SUCCESS

Post by Sweetness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 am

Day 9 SUCCESS

Funny stuff
I planned my lunch, but had to eat it in stages. I hope that's OK. I was out shopping, and brought a salad in a bag to eat on the way between stores, intending to buy a piece of chicken to go with it. But I got hungry before I got to the store with the chicken. I would have waited but had to go to a grocery store first, and its not good to shop hungry. So I ate my salad, then later ate my chicken.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

Sweetness

Day 10 SUCCESS!

Post by Sweetness » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 am

DAY 10 SUCCESS!

I especially enjoyed dinner today. My DS wanted me to teach him how to cook. We had poached salmon with dill sauce, oven baked sweet potato "fries" and asparagus. Yum!
It was also a beautiful day today even though it was cloudy. Went for a walk by the lake, about 2.5 miles.
Patty

Sweetness

Day 11 success!

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 am

Day 11 SUCCESS!

Love it! :-D
Patty

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:57 am

Good Green streak!!!!!!!!!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Sweetness

thanks

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

herbsgirl wrote:Good Green streak!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou, today is my weigh in day- any more than once a week is not good for me. I lost another pound!! Yay!
Patty

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Yay! good for you! :D
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Sweetness

day 12 Success

Post by Sweetness » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 am

herbsgirl wrote:Yay! good for you! :D
Thankyou, another green day for me.

Day 12 SUCCESS!

I'm going to start tracking exercise. I walked around the lake by my house today= more than 3 miles. I have done some exercise every day since I started, walking; but some days only about a half hour. I think I walked all the way around the lake 4 times in these 12 days.
Patty

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:46 am

"only about half an hour"?

Half an hour is excellent sweetness.

I was going to say that I wish I had a lake to walk around then I remembered we have a beautiful glen not 5 minutes from the house and I almost never go to walk there any more.

Must take advantage of it again, very, very soon.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 am

SkyKitty wrote:"only about half an hour"?

Half an hour is excellent sweetness.

I was going to say that I wish I had a lake to walk around then I remembered we have a beautiful glen not 5 minutes from the house and I almost never go to walk there any more.

Must take advantage of it again, very, very soon.
I had to look up glen, couldn't remember what it was, does it have a brook running through it? I also had to look up Isle of Man, so now I know where you are.

I live in the USA in Minnesota, nicknamed "Land of 10,000 Lakes" Most of us Minnesotans live within minutes of a lake. I grew up next to one, and we had a little strip of property down the hill on the lake shore and went swimming every day all summer as children. Now I live about 3 blocks from a pretty lake in the city that has paved walking and biking paths all the way around it. You can walk or bike all around Lake Phalen without ever crossing a street, or having to stop. I'm blessed, its beautiful.
Patty

Sweetness

Day 13 SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:55 am

Day 13 SUCCESS!!

I didn't take a walk today, but I did one of my housecleaning jobs, the house with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, its a big house, and it takes me about 6 hours. But even after dropping only 4 pounds I have more energy. I'm looking forward to losing 20 more and see how much more energy I have.

It was our date night tonight, and we saw a movie "The Help". It was very good. I love to have popcorn with a movie, so does my husband. He buys his at the theater, but I make my own at home and smuggle it in to the theater. Not because I'm cheap, but because Ive heard that the oil they use is bad for you. I pop mine in extra virgin cold press coconut oil. Anyway tonight I also smuggled in two sandwiches, a bag of celery and an apple, all so that I could have my dinner together with my popcorn and keep today an N day! LOL! Would it have fit on one plate? Yes but only if I kept the popcorn in the plastic bag. Well, I'm still counting it a success.
Patty

NoSnacker

Re: Day 13 SUCCESS!!

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 am

Sweetness wrote:use is bad for you. I pop mine in extra virgin cold press coconut oil.
Oh wow this is a great idea..we use the coconut oil but have since run out and I never thought about making my popcorn with it...I'll give it a try I'm sure it gives a great flavor.

Sounds like a well planned out date night...

Sweetness

Re: Day 13 SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 am

NoSnacker wrote: Oh wow this is a great idea..we use the coconut oil but have since run out and I never thought about making my popcorn with it...I'll give it a try I'm sure it gives a great flavor.

Sounds like a well planned out date night...
Sometimes I put a little butter in with the coconut oil and it gives it a buttery flavor as well. I feel much better after eating this popcorn than eating movie theater popcorn.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 am

We don't go that often to the movies, but when we do I always end up with the bad stuff...so thankfully it might be once a year if that. I was doing spark people and went one time and didn't have it, but brought my own and that worked for me as well.

Sweetness

day 14, 15, 16 S Days

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Day 14 S day Saturday
Day 15 S day Sunday
Day 16 S day Labor day
Patty

Sweetness

day 17 tuesday SUCCESS

Post by Sweetness » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Day 17 SUCCESS!!

I'm getting pretty good about resisting temptation to snack. Mostly I want to make it to 21 days, otherwise I would have given in!!

I found that if I'll have some ice water with lime or a little OJ and stevia, it helps a lot.
=D
:P
I have been getting out for a walk at least 30 minutes every day.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 am

Awesome 17 days on track!!

I have OJ/club soda/squirt of lime juice/splenda most days of the week,,one glass that is. It helps with not feeling deprived.

Sorry I bombed out on our commitment to 1 s each on our S days last weekend...I guess over time it will happen for me. I think we all are on a journey and will find what is working for us and over time fix what isn't.

I do know that I'm finding not eating diet sized portions at my meals helping a lot in preventing snacking and binging. Ending my meals with fruit also helps a lot..

Have a great Thursday>

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Awesome 17 days on track!!

Sorry I bombed out on our commitment to 1 s each on our S days last weekend...I guess over time it will happen for me. I think we all are on a journey and will find what is working for us and over time fix what isn't.

I do know that I'm finding not eating diet sized portions at my meals helping a lot in preventing snacking and binging. Ending my meals with fruit also helps a lot..

Have a great Thursday>
Thanks no snacker!
If I remember right, you committed to "try" and I'm sure you did that.
Blessings,
Patty
Patty

Sweetness

Day 18, Day 19 SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 am

Day 18, Day 19 SUCCESS!!

I am beginning to really like the color green!

I had 3 delicious meals today.

I walked 30 minutes.

I did Flylady baby steps to start... today my kitchen sink is shiny, my dishes done and kitchen floor cleaned.

I am a happy camper.

God is good. We had a good team and prayed for 10 people at our North St Paul Healing Rooms tonight. God touched everyone in a special way. Our assistant director and team should be good to take over when we go back to Mexico in October.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 am

The power of prayer!!!

And sounds like an awesome day tooo...I love when I have the time to clean when I'm not too busy worrying about calories, or binging, etc.

Living and bathing in sanity...I believe this is what the Lord calls for..worry is something He says not toooo dooo...so why worry about snacks and sweets during the week.

30 minutes of walking is awesome...it is my favorite form of exercise....

Have a blessed day!

Sweetness

Sept 9 day 20 SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:43 am

Sept 9 day 20 SUCCESS!!

A good day!

No S book finally arrived. I like it.

Went for an extra walk to the grocery store, a little more than a mile away, so that's about 4 miles today.

Date night with my DH, to a movie, smuggled in my healthy popcorn and a sandwich again so I could make it an N day.

Tomorrow is a busy day... working, funeral, wedding then more work. I do personal care for one client. So I get him up in the AM, bath etc in the evening tomorrow.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:24 am

So glad your book arrive...it really has made a huge difference..something about having the actual book in hand...I'm browsing thru it again..

Kind of like reading the Bible, you always, always say wow something new and exciting..

Hope your date night was fun!

Here's to a great, busy weekend....

I have a babyshower today and birthday party tomorrow...food food everywhere...

deb

Sweetness

21 days!!

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

NoSnacker wrote:So glad your book arrive...it really has made a huge difference..something about having the actual book in hand...I'm browsing thru it again..

Kind of like reading the Bible, you always, always say wow something new and exciting..

Hope your date night was fun!

Here's to a great, busy weekend....

I have a babyshower today and birthday party tomorrow...food food everywhere...

deb
Thanks! I have a little break before work, having a good day. Today is 21 days! Here's what I posted:
I am so happy to say I am in the 21 day club. Today is day 21, I know its not over yet, but its an S day!! I lost 3 pounds the first week one pound the second, this week I gained a pound, but I'm working on habit not the scale. So I have lost 3 pounds and kept it off.

I am really enjoying No S. Telling my friends about it. My DH has been doing it with me.

I am walking every day, at least 30 minutes. The weather has been fantastic, and I have a beautiful lake 3 blocks from my house, so this has been a pleasure. I can feel my energy and metabolism kicking up a bit.

I am doing the daily check-in. The support of my new No S friends is encouraging.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 am

We are all definitely a work in progress! Yesterday was an over the top day, but a light seemed to turn on when I was in agony and not happy with the day.

I have come to love feeling great during the week and am coming to hate how I feel when I go over the top on S days...

Trying to pay more attention to how my body feels...is a starting point.

You are off to a wonderful start on completing your 21 days...

Here's to another 21 more!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm

NoSnacker wrote:We are all definitely a work in progress! Yesterday was an over the top day, but a light seemed to turn on when I was in agony and not happy with the day.

I have come to love feeling great during the week and am coming to hate how I feel when I go over the top on S days...

Trying to pay more attention to how my body feels...is a starting point.

You are off to a wonderful start on completing your 21 days...

Here's to another 21 more!
How did it go with the three meals for you? I planned my meals well and it went better for me this weekend. I did have sweets, 3 on Saturday and one on Sunday, but didn't want too many snacks cause of the meals.
Patty

Sweetness

Day 21, 22, Saturday and Sunday S days

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Day 21, 22 Saturday and Sunday S days

Saturday Funeral and wedding and work. Two desserts at the funeral. Wedding I couldn't make the reception because of work, so I sent DS to get ice cream just before work. Enjoyed it.

Birthday party (DH) with ice cream cake yesterday. Nice to be able to enjoy it. Before no S, I would have taken a really small piece and felt guilty about eating it. Nice to have no guilt. Not going to worry about the scale....

It was warm during the day and there was a football game, after dinner it was getting dark and I realized i wanted a walk. DH went with me, lovely watching the sun set on the lake. We are so blessed to be so close to such beauty. :)
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Sweetness, thank you so much for your encouragement on my daily check-in...not a good weekend for me, but hey there is always next weekend!

You are doing fabulous and sounds like you had the perfect weekend..that is we all want to see happen in our lives...

I feel fatter today from my weekend binges...but I'm sure by the middle of the week, I'll fee better.

You go girlllll, you are doing it!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:15 am

NoSnacker wrote:Hi Sweetness, thank you so much for your encouragement on my daily check-in...not a good weekend for me, but hey there is always next weekend!

You are doing fabulous and sounds like you had the perfect weekend..that is we all want to see happen in our lives...

I feel fatter today from my weekend binges...but I'm sure by the middle of the week, I'll fee better.

You go girlllll, you are doing it!!!
Thanks, I feel fatter too after my 4 dessert, seconds and snack weekend!! but its OK! I enjoyed every bite, and I'm eating healthy today!! I'm not getting on that scale till Thursday and Friday.
Patty

Sweetness

day 23 Monday SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 pm

day 23 Monday SUCCESS!! I love that green, it makes me happy! had 3 good meals yesterday and was able to make them considerably smaller and or healthier, and I did fine!

Today is an S day, my DH's birthday. He's 64, so he posted that old beatles song "... will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?" So I am feeding him his favorite meal for dinner and we'll have ice cream after. Oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli. I bought some boxed stuffing mix to go with it and some beets too. A feast. :)
Patty

Sweetness

day 25 Failure

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 am

I had a wonderful day today, but I have to post a Failure for the first time since I started. I was out clothes shopping and found what I was looking for at Kohls, jeans for my DH. Then I checked the clearance racks and got a few nice shirts and a sweater for myself for about $6 each. I was hungry so I went into Costco to get a slice of pizza for lunch. Then I went in to the store and of course they had samples. I suppose I could have said they virtually fit on my plate, but one of them was a sweet. Chocolate covered acai berries. 2 of them... Hmm. Was it worth it? No. I hate putting red here and on my habit cal.

But it didn't ruin my day. I practiced my contest speech with my DS coaching me, and went to the toastmasters contest. There were 4 contestants for the tall tales contest and I WON FIRST PLACE That was fun.

:D
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Sweetness, seems I've read a few posts where people had a red day yesterday..the first is usually the hardest to face...but the reds come and go, but mostly go if we forgive ourselves and move onward..didn't sound like a big slip...acai berries are small :).

Ahhhh, I work as a project manager and have to give presentations some times and am terrible as I had crowds...but wanted to check out toastmasters...you won 1st place..that is awesome.....I need to get moving on finding where they are in our building and sign-up!

K, now give yourself and hug and look for the green today.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Hi Sweetness, seems I've read a few posts where people had a red day yesterday..the first is usually the hardest to face...but the reds come and go, but mostly go if we forgive ourselves and move onward..didn't sound like a big slip...acai berries are small :).

Ahhhh, I work as a project manager and have to give presentations some times and am terrible as I had crowds...but wanted to check out toastmasters...you won 1st place..that is awesome.....I need to get moving on finding where they are in our building and sign-up!

K, now give yourself and hug and look for the green today.
thanks for the encouragement, definitely going for green today!

I love toastmasters, it has challenged me and I am much more comfy speaking in public. I have to do classes and also impromptu encouraging of our healing rooms teams, much easier now.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm seeing the green for you..and Herbsgirl..you both started around the same time....how nice....

I'm getting ready to go to dinner with a couple I don't know...how well...at least we are all Christians and have plenty to talk about :).

What kind of healing rooms..hands on and prayer?

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:42 pm

NoSnacker wrote:I'm seeing the green for you..and Herbsgirl..you both started around the same time....how nice....

I'm getting ready to go to dinner with a couple I don't know...how well...at least we are all Christians and have plenty to talk about :).

What kind of healing rooms..hands on and prayer?
Deb,
Hope your dinner went well.

Yes we have teams of ordinary Christian believers, 2 or 3 in each room, we lay hands on people, pray and see people get healed on a regular basis. Our healing rooms are part of the International Association of Healing Rooms. My DH and I are directors of two locations in St Paul and we help at a third. We also started Healing rooms in Mexico. Go to healingrooms.com to find out more.
Patty

Sweetness

Day 26 SUCCESS!!

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:02 am

Day 26 SUCCESS!!
Yesterday went well, except it was too busy, so I never took my walk.

Wow, I'm so tired!! I worked a couple hours in the morning then went to my cleaning job...big house. I really am having a low energy day today so it was a struggle. I promised my friend I would pick raspberries with her at lunch time. They were yummy, and I picked a couple quarts and ate a lot too (part of my lunch). Then back to cleaning house, didn't get done till almost five. But I still went out for a little walk after dinner, I made myself go so I wont have to post red on the habit cal again. I ache all over, maybe I'm fighting a cold. Today will be a green day all the way. I don't like posting red!! :wink:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 am

Hope you had a great Saturday!

Sweetness

day 28,29 S days

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:44 am

NoSnacker wrote:Hope you had a great Saturday!
day 28, 29 S days

Saturday went great, I had my 3 square meals and a little dish of ice cream with pecans, yum.

But today, Sunday... to much essing! We had a family party at 2 PM. So I had a little fruit after church and tried some potato salad my friend had made. Then stressful after church cause both our cars died in one day!! Arranging rides and more snacking, trail mix. Then at the party ate one plate and seconds, and dessert, little cheesecake squares, but I think I had 4 of them then snacking and grazing till about 6. Then my son and his girlfriend brought us to a home meeting. They had snacks and some yummy 7 layer bars, which is my absolute favorite dessert, so I had one.... My tummy hurts now. Glad I have 5 No S days to look forward to!!

This is what I like best about this diet, I always am happy to go back to No S on Monday!!
:lol:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 am

I there..just wanted to let you know I'll be off the No S website for awhile, at least until January 10 my yearly check in. I seem to spend a lot of my time in the morning on here..when I could be working out, sleeping in a bit, etc.

I will be living life. Oh ya, I will be using my HabitCal as I truly love it...and it is a great tool.

You have a great holiday season, and see ya in January!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:14 am

NoSnacker wrote:I there..just wanted to let you know I'll be off the No S website for awhile, at least until January 10 my yearly check in. I seem to spend a lot of my time in the morning on here..when I could be working out, sleeping in a bit, etc.

I will be living life. Oh ya, I will be using my HabitCal as I truly love it...and it is a great tool.

You have a great holiday season, and see ya in January!
Deb,
I'll miss you, my best cheerleader! Totally understand, have a great season, many blessings and lots of green days!
Patty
Patty

Sweetness

Day 30 Success!

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:17 am

Day 30 Success! :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Day 31 Success!! one month on NoS!!

Post by Sweetness » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 am

Day 31 Success!! one month on NoS!! :mrgreen:

I'm firmly in the habit of no snacks sweets or seconds during the week, only one red day so far.

I'm learning a lot about what works on S days.

I lost some weight, gained it back so far I think I'm down one pound, but if I can continue a pound a month... that would be 12 pounds in a year, much better than gaining 5 pounds a year which is what I've done for the past 4 years.
Patty

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 am

I'm losing at about the same rate. 5 pounds down in about 5 months. I'm OK with that, I realise it's not as quick as some others but I also know that I can confidently say that I am eating properly, with a sensible routine and normal, healthy meals. Possibly for the first time in my life; or well since I was a tiny baby anyway.

Keep up the good work...

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 pm

SkyKitty wrote:I'm losing at about the same rate. 5 pounds down in about 5 months. I'm OK with that, I realise it's not as quick as some others but I also know that I can confidently say that I am eating properly, with a sensible routine and normal, healthy meals. Possibly for the first time in my life; or well since I was a tiny baby anyway.

Keep up the good work...
Thanks, scale was down 2 when I checked this am. But we're at a conference for a few days in another city, so we'll see how the no S goes!
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:57 am

Day 32 Success or Failure??

I'm at this conference and they had a reception for us directors with all kinds of very yummy cookies. My DH declared it an S day for himself and I watched him eat several. I had a cup of tea and focused on meeting people and greeting old friends. Enjoyed myself and this was definitely success as I LOVE cookies.

Then we went out to eat. I had the "endless soup and salad" Homemade chicken corn chowder and a very nice small veggie salad and bread with home made dressing. I wanted more soup, but didnt, I had more salad and another piece of bread, which was seconds, and maybe would have fit on one plate with the soup, but it was seconds, so I guess that's failure.

All in all a good day and I feel good about what I ate, 'cause before I would have had the sweets, at least 2 and seconds, I also would have had snacks on the plane today. :?
Patty

Sweetness

Back from conference

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 am

Well I'm back after five days in another city, eating in hotels and restaurants. I did much better than I would have before no S, but I have to say that I failed 2 of the 3 N days, and then had 2 S days, so I'm expecting something of a set back with the scale. I did stay away from sweets and snacks on my N days, just had seconds. Its hard to not eat the bread first when its hot and fresh and they bring it and I'm hungry.

I did mark Day 32, Wed Sept 21 as a Failure
Day 33 Thursday Sept 22, Success :mrgreen:

Day 34 Friday Sept 23 Failure Dinner at the italian restaurant, ate extra bread. Otherwise I did OK. :oops:

Day 35, 36 Saturday, Sunday Sept 24, 25 S days

One good thing, we did lots of walking at least a half hour each day. 8)
Patty

Sweetness

Day 37 Monday Sept. 26, 2011 SUCCESS!

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Day 37 Monday Sept. 26, 2011 SUCCESS!

It was a good day, good to be back, went to the grocery store and cooked dinner. I like my own cooking. We had ground beef stroganoff and a nice salad. I'll have the leftovers for lunch. 8)
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi there,,thanks for stopping by my daily posts..I really appreciate all the encouragment...to stick it out...

If I can make it thur today I'll be better off for it.

You are doing great!!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 am

Big victory today! I went to my division speech contest, they had lots of yummy food, but I had already eaten dinner. I grabbed a bottle of water and enjoyed the contest, especially giving my tall tales speech. During the break people were getting food while we waited for the next contest. I fixed a plate for lunch tomorrow, even took a couple cookies I will eat on Saturday. Didn't even eat grapes or carrots. At the end of the meeting I found out I won 1st place!!!!
Day 40 success 8) :lol:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Congrats on such an award..You must be an very well accomplished speaker now!!

And also a congrats for your 40 days of success!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 am

NoSnacker wrote:Congrats on such an award..You must be an very well accomplished speaker now!!

And also a congrats for your 40 days of success!!!
Thanks, I had a good, green week. Checked my weight, down 2 lbs for the first 40 days. Would like it to go faster, but I'm enjoying food so much more than ever before. I like it that I'm hungry for each meal. Before I did so much snacking, lots of times I wasn't hungry for dinner, but ate it anyway.

I sent you a link to a video of my speech in case you are interested.
Blessings,
Patty
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 am

Hey Patty, nice to meet you..

Loved the video........you were so cute and fun loving!

And that is awesome about the 2lbs...girl it is a heck of a lot better then the other option...like me putting on the weight I lost...but you inspire me to move forward!

I did okay yesterday but had too many desserts..but all the desserts are gone now...I know today is Sunday but I really need to tame it down a bit..and stop saying I will.

Have a great Sunday,
Blessings,
deb

Sweetness

day 41 Success

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 am

Good weekend! I'm getting used to my 3 square meals and it carries over to S days. I did have snacks and desserts but not overboard. I thought I would try what someone said they do and start my weekend at 5 PM Friday since its our date night, and end it a 5 PM Sunday. I liked it! By suppertime today I was more than ready for no S again.
day 41 Success (Friday)
Day 42, 43, S days
:wink:
Going for the green this week!
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:04 am

Sounds like a great plan you have!! I love the scripture you have in your signature line..hope in what is set before us...

Today is a clean slate as far as the green goes..I'll have to do a 21 day challenge to myself...

Here's to a great October...

deb

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 am

hi Patty....thanks for the green congrats.....it was a bit of a struggle but I made it after a good solid + 2 weeks of binging...

thanks for checking in on me...

deb

hope you are doing well...
Last edited by NoSnacker on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:28 am

Hmmm... I don't know what happened to my post for last night. Maybe I posted it on someone else's thread?? I had a good day yesterday. Success!! Day 44

Today is our 26th anniversary so we went out to a movie and then dinner.S day We saw Courageous, both loved it. I had popcorn at the movie, but wish I hadn't because I wasn't hungry for dinner. Oh well, I took most of it home and will have a yummy lunch tomorrow. What I like most about No S is always being hungry at mealtimes. I snacked so much before, lots of times I wasn't hungry at dinnertime but ate anyway.

It was a good S day. I'm so happy I have my DH and am more in love than ever! It keeps getting better, and we have God to thank for that. :)
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:39 am

Sweetness wrote: 26th anniversary....I'm so happy I have my DH and am more in love than ever! It keeps getting better, and we have God to thank for that. :)
Okay, glad you can't hear me sing, but here it goes happy happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happyyyyyyyy anniversary...happy anniversaryyyyyyyyyy.

Christian marriages can be quite amazing when we love and respect our spouses as God intended.

You did great on listening to your body and not eating all your dinner..

And that darn movie popcorn, ya just can't beat it..I have to have it every time we go...

Have a blessed day,
Deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 am

NoSnacker wrote: Okay, glad you can't hear me sing, but here it goes happy happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happyyyyyyyy anniversary...happy anniversaryyyyyyyyyy.

Christian marriages can be quite amazing when we love and respect our spouses as God intended.

You did great on listening to your body and not eating all your dinner..

And that darn movie popcorn, ya just can't beat it..I have to have it every time we go...

Have a blessed day,
Deb
thanks Deb, you too!!
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:42 am

Hi, how did you do yesterday...hope you had a green!

Me not so goood, but that is okay..my goal for October is green with no more than 2 red's...I did not put up a good fight yesterday...kind of just gave in..

All is not lost, right....

Have a blessed day!
deb

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Sweetness....Happy Belated Anniversary!!!

Janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks Deb and Janie,

Wednesday was SUCCESS!!!

I had a good day yesterday but have to say I failed
There was a goodbye potluck dinner for us at our healing rooms that didn't start till 6:30. I knew ahead of time it would be a bit of a problem for me cooking a yummy dish at 5:30 and then not eating it till almost 7. I could have made it an S day, but I already had one of those on Tuesday. I had some milk and almost made it out the door, but I was putting the rotini with its yummy meat sauce in the crock pot, and there was about a half cup that wouldn't fit. Guess what I did with that? I ate it!! :oops:

But then at the party, I was proud of myself. Even though I knew I already had a fail, I resisted eating the brownies someone had brought. :lol:

Getting packed and ready for 6 months in Mexico. We leave Tuesday Oct 11. My DH bought me a rolling bag for my computer today. I am so blessed not to have to carry that heavy backpack that hurts my neck again. :D
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Wow 6 months in Mexico..are you going on vacation or a missionary trip?

I work from home a couple days a week and was carrying my laptop in a laptop shoulder bag and boy they sure are heavy when you have paperwork to go along with them.

My husband bought me a roller bag for xmas and I love it and wouldn't leave work without it :).

Enjoy whatever it is you will be doing in Mexico..that surely is a lonnggg time. :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 am

NoSnacker wrote:Wow 6 months in Mexico..are you going on vacation or a missionary trip?

I work from home a couple days a week and was carrying my laptop in a laptop shoulder bag and boy they sure are heavy when you have paperwork to go along with them.

My husband bought me a roller bag for xmas and I love it and wouldn't leave work without it :).

Enjoy whatever it is you will be doing in Mexico..that surely is a lonnggg time. :D
Deb, Thankyou! We do missions work in Mexico. We are healing rooms directors here, and healing rooms trainers there. We hope to be able to start some new healing rooms while we're there, as well as encourage the existing ones, which we helped to start some of them before. We were full time in Mexico from 2000 to 2006. 2 years ago we started doing the 6 month thing and will continue this way till God shows us otherwise. It was really nice avoiding the snow especially last year. Our sons shoveled it all for us!
Patty
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:00 am

I had two good S days. My weekday habits are rubbing off on my weekends. I find that I like having regular meals, not constant snacking. I did have some snacks and treats, but not too excessive. I am loving this new way of eating, enjoying food so much more than before.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:06 am

That is so great that God called you to mission of healing! Do you speak to large groups of people or small groups? My husband is a Pastor and an evangelist at heart..Not sure if I mentioned that to you?

We know a couple in Brockport NY that travel to other countries and speak to large groups of new Pastors....

It will be exciting to hear how things are going when you are there.

God Bless,
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm

We made it down to Mexico yesterday. It was raining hard right when we got here last night but its beautiful today. Flying yesterday could have made it an S day because traveling is hard to have regular meals, but I decided to at least try to do No S. We were able to get a good breakfast and lunch at the 2 airports. It worked till about 6PM on our bus ride, when I decided to eat the nuts and pretzyls and cookies they had given me on the 2nd flight. Our neighbor friend fed us after we got home, but it wasnt till about 8:30! So yesterday was a FAIL , but could have been much worse!

Deb--
We mostly have small groups when we train teams for healing rooms. [/b]
Last edited by Sweetness on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Ya traveling is a hard one...when I was traveling for work by myself..I put on 15lbs and boy that stunk...

But overall it doesn't sound that bad what you had on the bus, but I know, I know it is snacking between meals.

So maybe count as a Special S day so you don't say you failed...due to the circumstances :).

I'm hoping to make today green, we'll see :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Ya traveling is a hard one...when I was traveling for work by myself..I put on 15lbs and boy that stunk...

But overall it doesn't sound that bad what you had on the bus, but I know, I know it is snacking between meals.

So maybe count as a Special S day so you don't say you failed...due to the circumstances :).

I'm hoping to make today green, we'll see :)
I thought about making it an S day, but I was much more in control with it being an N day. Besides, my husband is doing this with me and it was an N day for him. When we had our late dinner, we were offered seconds. I would have accepted, but he said "No thanks,"and he explained about our diet. He saved me from more food, which was yummy and plenty already. He had a green day.

Yesterday was GREEN! Going for the green today! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 am

Awesommmmeee...so glad you have your husband doing this with you..I for sure would have said no in that case ;)

How are things going in Mexico, are you there yet for your 6 months or just went to check out where you will be?

I'm sure you know to be very careful there, my husband read some stuff on the yahoo news about all the killing going on there and the 16 journalists over years that never made it home.

My prayers will be with you guys that a for hedgerow of protection during your travels as well as God's precious blessings upon you both.

deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 am

NoSnacker wrote:Awesommmmeee...so glad you have your husband doing this with you..I for sure would have said no in that case ;)

How are things going in Mexico, are you there yet for your 6 months or just went to check out where you will be?

I'm sure you know to be very careful there, my husband read some stuff on the yahoo news about all the killing going on there and the 16 journalists over years that never made it home.

My prayers will be with you guys that a for hedgerow of protection during your travels as well as God's precious blessings upon you both.

deb
Thanks, yes we are here for 6 months. We feel really safe in our own neighborhood and places we normally go, but we really appreciate the prayers.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 am

Yesterday and today: SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:06 am

My hero! I plan on reporting ALL green next week! Not sure how I'll get there but I will..I think I'll have my hubby tie my hands and feet together so I can keep going to the kitchen,,,or better yet, I'll use some duct tape and keep my mouth closed.. :)

Have a great Sunday!
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:24 pm

I had a good weekend, ate too much at the pot luck yesterday, but otherwise it was good. I had an ice cream bar on Saturday, but didn't enjoy it very much, it was way too sweet! I think my taste is changing.

We made a decision coming to Mexico not to have our extra dark chocolate except on S days. I had been allowing it with my meals, because the chocolate I eat is 85% cocoa, and definitely does not get most of its calories from sugar. Most people, on tasting it say it's bitter, not sweet. But the chocolate we can buy here costs 3 times as much, and doesn't taste as good. I have to go with the 70% here. Also it may be a reason why my weight loss has been slow. So only on S days. My first week without chocolate on N days went well. I was surprised that I didn't miss it all that much. I thought I was hopelessly addicted!! I enjoyed having my chocolate this weekend, but didn't really want more than 2 or 3 squares of it each day. So this move will save us money and calories.

Our scale here in Mexico is in kilos, and as far as we can tell it's off by about 3 kilos (6.6 lbs.) We know we didn't both lose 6 1/2 pounds in one week!!! So we set it up 3 kilos, and I will continue to weigh once a week, well really twice, two days in a row Thursday and Friday. I've lost 3 or 4 lbs since starting No S. I think I'm maintaining, but never want to weigh on Monday! I always feel a bit bloated and fatter after 2 S days, and I'm always glad to get back to N days.

I am so happy I found No S!! 8) :lol: :D :!: :P :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

NoSnacker wrote:My hero! I plan on reporting ALL green next week! Not sure how I'll get there but I will..I think I'll have my hubby tie my hands and feet together so I can keep going to the kitchen,,,or better yet, I'll use some duct tape and keep my mouth closed.. :)

Have a great Sunday!
deb
Aw, shucks! You can do it! Go for the GREEN!!!! :mrgreen:
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Sweetness...

What a great adventure you're on! I spent a couple of years overseas in the late 80's & it was such a blessing. I truly hope your 6 months are fruitful & wonderful...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:32 pm

determined wrote:Sweetness...

What a great adventure you're on! I spent a couple of years overseas in the late 80's & it was such a blessing. I truly hope your 6 months are fruitful & wonderful...

janie
Thank you! We have been doing this Winter Mexican thing for 2 years now, 6months here in Cuernavaca, and 6 months in Minn. We lived here full time for 6 years, from 2000 to 2006, so its really home both places for us. 8)

Where were you overseas?
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 pm

I was in Austria & traveled into Eastern Europe regularly. It was an amazing couple of years....such a privilege...

Blessings...janie
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 pm

determined wrote:I was in Austria & traveled into Eastern Europe regularly. It was an amazing couple of years....such a privilege...

Blessings...janie
I'm sure it was amazing, have never been to Europe. It really broadens your view of the world to visit another country.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 am

That is so great that your taste buds are changing for the better and that you lost weight since starting..but more importantly you are having a normal relationship with food and enjoying life!

Blessings,
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks Deb

Yesterday was SUCCESS!!!
Going for the green this week! :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:39 am

Today was a SUCCESS!!!
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 am

Patty...

Yee ha!!!! Well done...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 pm

determined wrote:Patty...

Yee ha!!!! Well done...

janie
Thanks, It helps a lot to know someone is reading my posts, keeps me accountable and its encouraging.
:)
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

How did today go for you?

janie
Winnie the Pooh