Thursday

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Barb

Thursday

Post by Barb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Good morning,

Wednesday was a "Success"

Breakfast: Chicken Thigh, String Cheese, Spoon of Chicken Salad

Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwich on Bun, Baked Chips, 2 Laughing Cow Wedges

Dinner: Pan Fried Talapia & Shrimp & Crab Chunks over pasta

Exercise: 6.5 Mile Walk
Free Weight Routine (always includes: wall push-ups, squats, crunches

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday and will make Thursday count.

Tonight out to eat for my niece's birthday....she picked Olive Garden. I will have to figure it out. I know they serve the salad first which I don't think I should do since everything should be served on one plate. So, I am thinking of not having the salad and saving my bread stick to have with my plate of food.

Barb
Barb
Austin, Texas
Starting Date: 09/26/11
Starting Weight: 251.5
Current Weight: 250
Goal Weight: 160
Height: 5'7"

Barb

Barb

Post by Barb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm

I think I posted incorrectly..oh well..
Barb
Austin, Texas

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

I eat a fair amount of protein and it looks like you do also. Olive garden is one of my least favorite places to eat because many dishes are high carb and low protein. They used to have chicken breasts that I would eat with the salad and skip everything else. I have not been there for awhile. How did it go?

You can just change the name on this and make it your daily check in. Or do you have another daily check in?
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Barb

Barb's "No S" check-in

Post by Barb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Good morning,

Thursday was a success:

Breakfast: Sausage/String Cheese
Lunch: Chicken Quarter, Pasta, 2 laughing Cow Wedges (melted on noodles)
Dinner: Olive Garden - 1 Bread Stick (with my dinner) and an order of Chicken Alfredo

Exercise: 3 Mile Walk

Temptations I resisted: Italian Cream Cake at work (my favorite!)
and bites of my niece's birthday dessert at Olive Garden last night.
I was so proud of myself for being able to resite eating either one.

r.Jean: Like you Olive Garden is not my favorite place and I also had not been there in years. I really wanted alfredo. I know how fattening it is. I am proud to say I did not eat it all...maybe a couple of bites over half, and I did not take it with me. I couldn't believe I was able to do that. A real victory. I also did not eat the pre-salad, yet I did take a bread stick, but saved it for when my dinner arrived..it did fit on my plate. I did not take bites off of everyone's plate (like everyone else was doing)...trying this and that...I almost did..and then remembered the simple No S rules!

I cannot believe how much more in control I feel just after 4 days doing "No S" . I really feel like with just a little thought, I can do this. The only thing I have changed is my weighing. I just am not comfortable going a month without weighing. So, I have decided to weigh in on Friday's (before the weekend). I did weigh this morning even though it will be a short week since I just started this on Monday. I am so happy to tell you that I am down 1.5 lbs!

I have several eating events coming up this weekend, but I have full confidence that I will handle each one. I have decided that my "treat" this weekend is going to be on Sunday. I belong to a movie/lunch group where we go out once a month. I am going to have a small buttered popcorn at the movies! I love buttered popcorn..the smell alone! yummo
Other than that I am going to strive to stick to my 3 meals....I might eat a little something extra in the morning (peanut butter fold over) before my 12 mile walk...

I will report in over the weekend. I wish all of you a very good weekend and I look forward to reading your success stories!

Barb
Barb
Austin, Texas

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:07 pm

AWESOME JOB, BARB!! Congratulations !

By the way - I like the Thursday check in name even if it was accidental - very coool ! :) 8) :wink: :D
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs