Rubyslippers Tries Something New

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BeingGreen

Rubyslippers Tries Something New

Post by BeingGreen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 am

Here I am again. I'm hoping to move at a much slower pace than I've tried in the past. I like reading that a few others on these boards are phasing in No S in their own time. As of right now, I can commit to no snacks and no seconds, but I won't promise no sweets. For me that takes a heroic amount of willpower and then by the time an S day rolls around, my willpower's spent and I binge all weekend ( and possibly don't get back on track on Monday).

I also plan on keeping this journal short and sweet!

Today (10/12/11)
B: Yogurt, PB toast, banana
L: Sesame noodles, tofu and mushrooms, cucumbers, coconut date roll, coffee with sugar
D: Baja Fresh Tostada salad: black beans, no cheese, no sour cream, extra guacamole, extra salsa, added roasted corn from home

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 am

B: Grapenuts, soymilk, banana
L: Tofu with sauce, salad roll, carrot salad, date roll and kettle corn
D: Ratatouille; edamame; roasted squash, dessert

No second, no snacks

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 am

Looks like you're doing awesome!!!

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Your meals sound lovely.

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi RubySlippers...

I started this adventure in 2008 too, but gave up, then started & stopped a few times...unsuccessfully. This time around I changed my username & started fresh. I'm absolutely Determined this time not to give up. After the first few weeks, I found that my battles weren't as difficult as they were a few years ago...I hope you'll experience the same...

Success to you...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:27 am

Janie, Who Me?, and tobiasmom--Thank you all for visiting and cheering me on!

This past week didn't go quite as I expected. I had a few "green" days and a very unfortunately red day :oops:

I'm very much trying to get my mojo back. These boards are truly wonderful and full of supportive and nonjudgemental people.

Look for some better reporting on my part for the next 21 days!

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 pm

RubySlippers,

You had more green than red...that's definitely a positive!

Hang in there...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh