No-S diet blog on Tumblr..

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Corinneq

No-S diet blog on Tumblr..

Post by Corinneq » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:48 am

Hello fellow No-S'ers(:
I've recently begun blogging my experiences with the No-S diet.
I've been dieting my whole life and was looking for a healthy lifestyle change rather than a carb/fat restricting diet. I feel like the No-S diet is something I CAN & WILL do.

I also encourage you to blog your meals too! It's fun.. almost like a food journal but cooler.. think of how it will feel to look back on your 365 days of healthy living and eating!

So, FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR!! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/corinneq
Visit my No-S Diet Food Blog On Tumblr! Follow me! http://corinneq.tumblr.com/

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm

I like it!
And you are so young. How come you've dieted all your life? Hope that No S will help you to let go of the diet-mentality :)
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami