Cynthya's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Cynthya

Cynthya's Daily Check-in

Post by Cynthya » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 am

Finally getting around to doing No S seriously ... Today was a great day -- actually threw a stray HoHo in the trash rather than have it sit around and tempt me. I'm amazed at how wholesome this way of eating feels. +

Joy

Post by Joy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I started yesterday too. Hope you have great success! :D

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Nice to "meet" you. I think you'll enjoy the kind supportive community here.

Cynthya

Post by Cynthya » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

determined

Post by determined » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 am

Welcome!

Congrats on conquering that HoHo!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Cynthya

Day 2: Success!

Post by Cynthya » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 am

Actually bypassed movie theatre popcorn -- even though my husband was having some! I feel fantastic!

Cynthya

Day 3: Success!

Post by Cynthya » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:57 am

I know I'm not supposed to weigh every day, but it's a habit ... I'm down nearly 4 pounds just from two days of doing this! It's amazing how much of a difference giving up random snacking and sweets is making. Unbelievable!

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am

Holy cats and kittens! That's amazing.

Cynthya

Post by Cynthya » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Yesterday was my first day back to No S after a weekend of "S"-ing. Not so easy getting back on the wagon. Especially when the Christmas fudge and gingersnaps I'd make on Saturday kept whispering, "Eat me!" all day!