Lightfm's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lightfm

Lightfm's daily check-in

Post by lightfm » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 am

Well,decided to start it today, cooking school student here so plenty of temptation but I'll manage ;),will check-in later, cheers.

Okaybear

Post by Okaybear » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:37 am

Good luck to you! I work at a dessert cafe, so I understand you on the temptation front. I know you can do it. Welcome aboard.

lightfm

Post by lightfm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:32 am

Haha someone who understands me, thanks.
Since I barely had time to even think about cravings during the school christmas party service ,the first day was a success. :D

lightfm

Post by lightfm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Ok decided to start fresh this month,due to there being a few slip-ups during the holiday season :D.

Monday:
Was a success , some simple corn flakes for breakfast, turkey and rice for lunch with an apple, and then some salmon with boiled potatos for dinner.

Tuesday:
So far so good,just had dinner (8:38 pm here),a steak with fries,rice,some salad and a fried egg.
Going out to the coffee house with friends,will probably have some tea or coffee (does that count as a snack? haha).

lightfm

Post by lightfm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Wednesday: Success

Tuesday was a success , this might not be that hard after all :).

Got up at 08:00 am.

Breakfast:
Protein shake and an apple, went to the gym for a couple hours.

Lunch:
Had a can of tuna,an omelet,some white rice,pineapple salad and fresh water.

Dinner:
Codfish pastries with bean rice, some salad and an orange

lightfm

Post by lightfm » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Thursday:

Breakfast:
Quite a big breakfast today,but then again I was kinda sore from yesterday's workout lol.

Bowl of cornflakes with 1 scoop of protein powder
3 buttered toasts
1 orange

Lunch:

Codfish pastries
Bean rice
Boiled vegetables
Salad
Fresh water
1 orange