Strawberry Roan's 2012 Check In Thread..

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Strawberry Roan's 2012 Check In Thread..

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Hello All.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Doing fine but not about to weigh for a while :D Ate a lot of good food, haven't gotten to exercise as much as I normally did due to the fact that a lot of extra Christmas stuff, etc was shoved in the exercise room.

BUT, I am cleaning all day today and tomorrow, have been off work since the 22nd, go back on Tuesday - waited until today to do anything :roll:

Bought lots of fresh salad fixings and fruit yesterday so I am on track for the new year. Tried on a pair of jeans on Wednesday and was actually surprised they zipped at all. Probably gained five pounds since Thanksgiving but even the desire for junk is gone - my husband and I agree that we are ready for some healthy stuff. We enjoyed the holidays but Spring and Summer are around the corner and I plan to be 142 on my birthday March 2nd. I had a veggie burger and coleslaw for lunch (with vinaigrette not salad dressing.)

Depending on you guys to keep me honest.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 am

WELCOME BACK, BERRY! I too, am excited to get started again after a rather indulgent couple of weekends. I was able to follow No S somewhat on my N days....but I have been hindered by my recent thyroid medication. I am hoping this is only a temporary thing and I will get back on track after the holidays.

You are also an inspiration to me and thanks for posting. All the very best for your No S New Year!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 am

Same thing for me Berry - well, not quite the same...mine have been an indulgent couple of weeks, not weekends! But it's back on track for me too...I'm grateful for holiday times, but grateful also that they only come once a year!
We'll all keep each other honest, right?!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Strawberry Roan

!

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 am

Hi guys, You got that right Mimi!

That has been the difference the past couple of years, as I indulge and enjoyed the holidays, I KNEW that it was temporary. I prefer to eat better and exercise so I am out of my comfort zone when doing otherwise, that is the beauty of this plan. We can shake it off and regroup easily. Ate fruit during the day yesterday, drank hot lemon water, ate a huge salad for dinner with just pomegranate red wine vinegar, feel so much better today than I did over the weekend.

Onward my fellow Nosers !!!!

:D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi All.

Doing great, back in the groove, feel like I have lost most of the holiday excess. I am certain that I am in the 140's, if on the higher end. I am happy at 145, will see if I look skinny-faced at 142, if not will try to stabilize there for the summer months. Will weigh the beginning of February, by then most of the holiday damage should be gone.

Eating very clean, exercising, drinking lots of water - gave up diet soda AGAIN and my stomach almost immediately got flatter.

Hope everybody is doing GREAT,

Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Berry! Nice to hear from you again and thanks for the very inspirational and encouraging update! I certainly need it right now. Also good for you on giving up the diet soda. I've never really tried to do so myself. I think I tried once and found it VERY difficult at the time. I do 'pride' myself however on giving up the darker colored diet sodas i.e. coke, and favor the lemon lime variety (clear) diet sodas - this was after a dietitian once told me that the clear varieties weren't quite as bad for you. Not sure why but I think she said something about the kidneys being less affected :?:

As a child, I loved water and often drank it straight from the faucet. If I had soda, it was never diet variety (since I don't think it had been 'invented' then - ha :D ) and drank it very occasionally i.e at birthday or Christmas parties for example. I do rely somewhat on the diet sodas to carry me through my N Days - at the end of the day when I've eaten all 3 meals. Again, I suspect it is just a habit and I would probably do better with tea. I don't take milk or sugar in tea so it would be ideal.... but I just seem to have gotten out of the habit and the lazy part of me just finds it easier to grab a can of diet soda! :oops:

I am keen to give it a try and if it helps the tummy (now post menopause, it is a problem area for me) - then that would be fabulous!!

Berry - I hope you don't mind me asking: did you notice if you lost any weight by giving up the diet sodas? I have heard mixed reports about them: some folks swear that they put on weight and are just as 'bad' as the regular sodas whilst on the other hand, I've heard that as long as they are diet, they do not add weight and can be almost as beneficial as drinking water :?: Interested to hear your/other no sers views on this, please!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:45 am

Hi there.

I answered earlier but it disappeared :roll: :roll:

I am still diet soda free, even though there were cold ones in the fridge at work, I didn't touch them.

I honestly feel like I have lost five pounds, my stomach is so much flatter and my clothes fit so much better. I know it is not actual weight but the extra whatever my body held onto when I drank the stuff.

Luckily, I love water. We have great ice cold well water so that helps.

You can do it, NoSRocks, I know you can :wink:
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:09 am

Thanks, Berry! I truly need and appreciate the vote of confidence :wink:

Haven't attempted cutting down on the sodas YET.... but its certainly been added to my list of priorities. Congratulations on your recent weight loss, too, hon.... YOU ROCK!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks NO S...

I weighed a couple days ago and weighed 149 which means I was probably about 153 or 4 after the holidays. I feel back in control so that is all that matters. I am a control freak, you see. :D

Still off the diet soda, except for a recent small one out with friends at Burger King (I was eating the veggie burger). It tasted good which is something that is lost if I drink two or three of them every day.

Exercising daily, that has never been the problem, Christmas cookies were. :wink:
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Strawberry, nice to hear from you again. You will soon lose that holiday weight and feel your normal self again.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Pangelsue.. Funniest thing is I am still in the high 140s but the clothes I wear fit like they did at 142 or so. Hmm, I will stay the course and if the weight is supposed to come off I guess it will. I am trying to eat clean, drink a lot of water, sleep well and I definitely exercise every day. I feel great so that is the important thing. Still off the diet soda so I don't feel puffy anymore.

Psychologically, I think I want to weigh 145 :D so that is my goal.

I need to log my food again.

Breakfast today, One ruby red grapefruit, coffee, hot water with lemon.

Lunch, homemade cabbage.carrot/onion/celery soup. Green tea, water.

Dinner, huge mixed green/spinach salad and two slices of leftover pizza. Green tea, water.
Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 am

Strawberry Roan wrote: I feel great so that is the important thing.

Psychologically, I think I want to weigh 145 :D so that is my goal.
Remember, Berry, 145 is just a number! :wink:

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Hey Mimi, What's Happenin???

Ain't that the truth? I have a very small window of weight perfection. 142 is too thin, 149 is too heavy. With all the normal fluctuations going on, I am at my desired 145 about four days a year, if I am lucky... Hahhhhaaaa

Gotta love it. I do think this board keeps me honest, and on track.

Ended up not eating the cabbage soup yesterday. Just ate the grapefruit for breakfast and a big salad for dinner, didn't actually finish the salad. Wasn't hungry for the pizza. Gave hubby the last piece of the homemade coconut cream pie that I had made him for Valentine's Day and I ate some sliced peaches. I had been overeating the previous couple of days so maybe that evened me out a bit.

Did a lot of exercise yesterday, pulled out a few of the "things" I had bought over the years, the Body Blades and The FlexBar, used them both and they were fun. I can actually feel it this morning. Need to add some of the stuff I have accumulated to my rotation.

Not sure about food today. Think I will have another grapefruit while they are fresh and juicy. That is as far as the food though process has taken me this morning.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 am

Happy Tuesday,

Ate a grapefruit for breakfast yesterday, had a whole 12 oz bag of Green Giant carrot/broccoli/cauliflower in cheese sauce for lunch (135 calories total), it was so good. Had a huge salad for dinner. Got in all my exercise, slept like a lamb... :wink:

The plan for today is a grapefruit for breakfast, leftover cabbage soup and cornbread for lunch and not sure about dinner.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Doing great, feeling strong.

Been eating a grapefruit every morning for breakfast, soup or cauliflower/broccoli/carrot blend or something light for lunch, no junk, no snacks, still no diet soda :roll: . Dinner is usually a huge salad with lots of veggies, different lettuces and spinach, croutons, lemon pepper onion crisps, boiled egg, shredded cheese, with only red wine vinegar (different flavors) for dressing. Usually can't eat it all.

Loving the exercise, can't wait until six (I do my routine while hubby watches the evening news and Wheel of Fortune). I listen to Mark Levin (talk radio) and the time flies.

To your health all.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Berry! Those grapefruits for breakfast sound a delicious idea....and I did hear that grapefruit is supposed to be good for burning fat, just as a matter of interest. I used to eat a grapefruit halve years ago (My mom would give it to me, but as a kid I had to have it with sugar...lol... I also used to refer to them as a 'greatfruit' because as a kid I thought that's what they were called! Quite apt, now I think!

Anyway, sounds like you are doing great, Berry! Thanks again for keeping us posted! :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Great Fruit Indeed.. How cute :wink:
My late husband thought the plastic containers were Tufferware.... 8)

Went shopping today and bought LOTS of great healthy fruits and veggies. Mainly veggies. Nobody on Earth is more excited about salads than me, I fear. Also bought a giant bag of beautiful oranges. They will be my morning Greatfruit this week at work. Also bought three bags (I work Mon, Tues and Wed) of the Green Giant cauliflower,carrot,broccoli in cheese sauce blends. All natural, 135 calories for the whole 12oz bag - they will be my lunch each day.

Ate out with friends today after shopping, went to Wendy's - got the small chili, the jr. fries and had a diet Coke (the smallest cup). It was all fine, we had a great time.

Think I will have my salad tonight with a side plate of spaghetti with salsa for the "sauce" and sprinkled Mexican cheese blend melted on.. Yummmm....
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 pm

LOL at the Tufferware!

But don't you think Tufferware sounds better and more appropriate than Tupperware anyway? Just like the greatfruit! :D :lol: :wink:

BTW, your food choices today sound YUMMY - as always!!

Have a great weekend!!

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Berry! After listening to all your raving about fruits and veggies, I had to go out and replenish my supply! Bought some beautiful Fuji apples which are my favorite at the moment (an apple-a-day :lol: ), some salad fixin's, and a bag of the Green Giant frozen cauliflower-cheese medley to try for lunch today. If I like the frozen veggies as much as you, they will be an easy default lunch on harried days when I have no time to think of what to pack!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Veggie Lovers Unite :D

I bought the best sugar snap peas or whatever they are called, the flat ones you can just eat raw and they are yummy. Better than munch on chips, for sure.
(ETA, I just told my husband what we were talking about and he said, Hey I could eat some of those little peas and some sliced radishes for a snack right now. I never tell him he should eat better, I just let him see how much I enjoy my food.) A half cup of sugar snap peas and 2T light sour cream (sprinkled with Italian seasoning or garlic salt or whatever one wants) is about sixty calories or so and very filling. Fat free Ranch works as well, that is what he is eating right now.

Ate two waffle squares and had a small glass of milk for breakfast/brunch.

Ate my spaghetti last night, sans salad as there was no way I could eat both.

But the salad is back tonight. I bought some fresh blueberries to throw in as well. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Happy Sunday.

Ended up not having a salad last night after all, ended up eating the last of the cabbage soup and cornbread. A BIG bowl, it was so hearty and satisfying.

Won't do breakfast, will eat after church. Will probably have pizza and salad tonight as we didn't have our weekend pizza yet and THAT WON"T DO !!! Instead of eating half a pizza, I will eat two slices with a salad tonight ad the same tomorrow night. Sad to admit but there was a time I could eat a WHOLE pizza.

Got in some extra exercise yesterday so that was good. Have been adding an extra fifty AbCoaster Plus reps each day (150 total). It feels so good. Probably hiding somewhere under this flab there are some great abs :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Strawberry Roan wrote:Happy Sunday.

Ended up not having a salad last night after all, ended up eating the last of the cabbage soup and cornbread. A BIG bowl, it was so hearty and satisfying.

Won't do breakfast, will eat after church. Will probably have pizza and salad tonight as we didn't have our weekend pizza yet and THAT WON"T DO !!! Instead of eating half a pizza, I will eat two slices with a salad tonight ad the same tomorrow night. Sad to admit but there was a time I could eat a WHOLE pizza.

Got in some extra exercise yesterday so that was good. Have been adding an extra fifty AbCoaster Plus reps each day (150 total). It feels so good. Probably hiding somewhere under this flab there are some great abs :D

Ended up not going by the store, will go tomorrow after work. because the place we go for lunch was packed with some kind of birthday party. Made the hubby a small salad and leftover spaghetti, I made me a HUGE salad with mixed greens with pretty red lettuce, lots of fresh spinach, sliced boiled egg, shredded cheese, croutons, lemon pepper onion crisps, radishes, tomatoes, sugar snap peas and Lord knows what else. :D Slathered it all with red wine garlic vinegar and ate the whole thing. Drank a large glass of water and now I am happy, full of food yet very few calories or fat to worry about. Will do the same for dinner.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 am

Wasn't hungry for dinner at all last night so I didn't eat. Will take a grapefruit , apple and an orange to work for breakfast (will chop them all up in a bowl and eat them together) - and my GreenGiant veggie mix for lunch. So that is six fruits and vegetables by mid-day :roll:

And another eight or nine veggies and fruits in my salad tonight !!!!!

Got in my AbCoaster early which was a good thing as we had company come by about five, left at nine so I just took a hot bath and got ready for bed. :D
Berry

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Totally loving your check in! You have re-inspired me :D
Go veggies and fruits!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 am

Well, aren't you sweet? Here, have an orange :D

Had a GREAT day yesterday, ending with my huge salad. Went into the store to get the pizza (there is only one place in a three town area near us that has my husband's favorite pizza - Red Baron Fire Baked Thin Crust Pepperoni. WalMart used to carry it but no more :cry: . While I was in there I noticed they had just taken the fried chicken out of the pressure cooker to put in the deli bin - SO I got him two chicken legs (I don't eat meat for the most part). He ate those with his salad.

Out of grapefruit so I will take an orange , some pineapple chunks and some blueberries for breakfast and my veggie mix bag for lunch. Salad and maybe a nice baked sweet potato for dinner.

To your health all.
Berry

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey Berry!

Just a question. I'd like to have my diet include more fruits and veggies like yours. It seems your calorie count is very low - how do you feel? Does it really affect your weight? I'd be losing mad weight if I could eat like you! :) Do you feel very hungry?

Have a great day!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Sinnie wrote:Hey Berry!

Just a question. I'd like to have my diet include more fruits and veggies like yours. It seems your calorie count is very low - how do you feel? Does it really affect your weight? I'd be losing mad weight if I could eat like you! :) Do you feel very hungry?

Have a great day!

Morning. Actually I am rarely hungry for the food that I do eat. I get more calories in the dinner salads than it might appear as I also add egg, cheese (protein) and croutons, onion crisps, etc. I do eat veggie burgers, veggie chicken patties and nuggets, veggie sausage, egg salad, lots of different soups and pasta dishes, love wild rice casseroles, Mexican food, veggie pizza, veggie subs, etc. I DO love my fruits and veggies.....Eating this way does keep my weight in the range I like, right now I am getting off the holiday fat that I purposely didn't worry about (lots of good cookies and candies and mashed potatoes and gravy and dressing and candied yams :D ) But I couldn't eat that way all the time, my body doesn't feel good when I eat "heavy" nor does my body function as well. A doctor told me about forty years ago that if I could keep my weight at the ideal range on my birthday each year, I would be fine. (My birthday is Friday). When I get below 145 and my face and neck start showing the weight loss, I might add more snack/sweet types of food but not until.

I don't require the calories that one would say I do based on the guidelines for a person who exercises a lot. I do feel healthy as a horse, blood pressure this morning was 104/62/58. I haven't had a prescription for forty years or more (and the last one would have been for pain after a C.section if I even had it then as that was my last hospital stay.)

My theory is that millions more people are in bad shape due to eating too many calories, not too few.

Here is a paragrph from a link of a story from the homepage here that exemplies exactly how I prefer to eat.

For example, if Ms Restrainer ordered a low calorie dinner and ate oatmeal for breakfast but joined her work colleagues in (sensible) portions of pizza and ice-cream at an unexpected free lunch, she's probably not about to become disinhibited and obese any time soon.

There was a doctor on tv this morning talking about if he could prescribe one thing for his patients it would be fruits and vegetables, not medications.

To your heallth.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Happy Wednesday.

Still on traick, /ate exactly as planned yesterday, nothing extra. Got in my exercise with an extra fifty AbCoaster reps.

Brought an orange, a salad and my bag of mixed vegetables to work. Will eat them in some order resembling breakfast and or lunch. :D

Cut up my orange into chunks and added it to my salad, ate it about ten. Had some pretzel sticks about noon, a couple handfuls probably with my mixed veggies. For dinner had a couple veggie egg rolls and a few mozzarella sticks (both made in the oven. Knew I couldn't eat that and another salad so glad I had one for lunch.)

A little stuffed more so than I would like because the food was "heavier" than my normal dinner fare but the food was good.

On to Thursday, off work until Monday.

Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Hey Berry, thanks for your response! I admire your outlook and discipline. Have a great long weekend :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks, wishing you a great weekend as well. I love working part-time as I love the work (legal secretary) but also love the looonnngggg weekends.

Not sure what I will eat today, but it will be sane.
Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Haven't had a chance to tell you...I love the veggies (Green Giant Steamers with cheese sauce).
Thanks for spreading the word!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

mimi wrote:Haven't had a chance to tell you...I love the veggies (Green Giant Steamers with cheese sauce).
Thanks for spreading the word!!

So glad. Can you believe it, 135 calories for the whole bag and Yes, I can eat the whole bag for lunch. Less than two dollars, all natural, healthy, can't beat it. Thanks for letting me know you tried them.

Just had breakfast/lunch. It was a chopped fresh tomato, chopped boiled egg, half a dozen snap sugar peas, half a large cucumber, all put on a pretty plate and sprinkled with my lemon pepper onion crisps and red wine garlic vinegar. Drank ice water and loved it all.

Probably won't eat again until dinner which will be basically what I already ate but with the mixed greens and baby spinach leaves. Will add some fresh orange segments and dried blueberries to the salad as well.

Ate as planned - added half a large baked sweet potato, hubby had butter and honey on his, mine was plain , drank lots and lots of water today and got in extra AbCoaster reps as well. It is so much easier to exercise on my off days!

Going shopping with friends tomorrow, we will eat somewhere simple like Hardees or Burger King I imagine.

Bring on Friday. I am ready !!!
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Had a good time yesterday with friends, we went to Hardee's which has the most assortment of HUGE sandwiches I have ever seen. Got the small roast beef combo meal and brought hubby home the sandwich - it was actually a HUGE roast beef sandwich (he will make it into two and eat them today) with a small fries and drink. I had the fries and a Diet Dr Pepper, both were fine. We went there because one woman had to have their fish for her Friday meal :wink:

Had pizza last night, two small slices, ate a large salad first. Bought so much good food yesterday. Got some more varieties of the of the Green Giant Steamers, one is called Healthy colors and it is

"a Farmer's blend of cauliflower florets, sugar snap peas, julienne carrots and dried cranberries lightly tossed in a butter sauce -210 calories for the 11oz bag, less than two dollars, will be my lunch one day. Also got another bag of the broccoli/cauliflower/carrots in cheese sauce and one of cauliflowers, carrots, sugar snap peas in a basil butter sauce.

My new go-to lunches!!!!

Ate fresh fruit salad for breakfast/lunch with a glass of milk (need to use up the milk before he goes bad. I don't drink much, neither does the hubby, we buy 1/2 gallon of 2pct and often have to throw it out unless I am cooking with it or something. BUT I love my cheese...)

Got in some exercise already and will do more later.

Ate two slices of leftover pizza and a few chips along with my salad for dinner. Got in all my exercise and drank lots and lots of water.

Another great day, ready for tomorrow.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Happy Sunday All.

Just ate my breakfast/lunch (It is 2:30 but we had a young man join the church today and was baptized immediately afterward in the little creek down the road). We stopped by the store and then came home to eat, I wanted something healthy and that is hard to find in our little town.

I made me a faux chicken patty and put it on two of the flat sesame buns with sliced tomatoes, onions, dill pickles and mustard. A whopping sandwich and it was yummy and very filling. Ate some chips with it (they were out anyway as the hubby was having roast beef sandwich, potato salad and chips).

Ate a handful of animal crackers (I think about 13 are 100 calories or something like that) with some hot coffee about 5. They are a great snack, relatively healthy with no trans fat, no cholesterol, etc. I just like 'em.

Tonight I will make a giant salad and then later have a fruit smoothie to finish up the milk, I will make him an ice cream shake and me a fresh fruit smoothie.

Will get in my exercise a bit later.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Happy Monday.

Feeling good, actually felt so light this morning, not skinny - light. I put on a pair of beige dress pants that I remembered being a bit snug but they just zipped right up. So glad for this forum which enables me to get back on track each year by Spring. Thanks to you all.

Didn't eat my salad last night, niether of us were hungry for food so we just had our fruit smoothies which were yummy.

Brought mixed fruit for breakfast from the bowl in the fridge, also have a fresh orange as I needed to use up some of the fruit bowl .

Brought three bags of my mixed frozen veggies for work this week (M, T and W) - All set !

Going to walk at lunch today, first pretty day of the year where the wind wasn't about 60mph !!! Looking forward to seeing what is beginning to bloom in the neighborhood.

Got in my walk, ate as planned all day (had a cup of beef buillion broth and some peanut butter crackers in the afternoon and a chimichanga with my salad for dinner).

Ready for Tuesday....
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Happy Tuesday !

Just ate breakfast of a big, fresh, juicy orange and some pretzel twists (I was craving salt). Almost caved and walked over to the Courthouse and got a Diet Dr Pepper but I stayed strong and just drank hot lemon water.

Will have one of my veggie combo meals for lunch with a dish of cut up fresh fruit I brought from home. Didn't do as much formal exercise last night as we stopped by and visited some friends after work but I did walk briskly at lunch so it's all good. :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Happy Wednesday Nosers :lol:

Just ate an orange and a banana for breakfast. Last night's dinner was SOOO yummy. I was hungry for breakfast food so I made us hashbrown potatoes, scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese on top, faux sausage and whole wheat toast. It was exactly what I was craving and if I really want something, I eat it. :wink: I exercised a little bit more......

Will have my frozen veggie mix for lunch.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Happy Sunday.

Just checkin' in. All is going well. Weight is holding near goal range, clothes fit fine, face isn't too thin. Eating lots of fruits and veggies and getting in my exercise. Supposed to be in the eighties all week and clear so I will definitely be out walking each day.

Still eating my giant salads each night.

Bought six more bags of the frozen veggie mix for my next two weeks of work (three days a week). Very handy, very healthy, very yummy, very inexpensive. What's not to love?

To your health all,
Berry

CMThib82

Post by CMThib82 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Strawberry it sounds like you have got it down girl! So cool!!

How are the S Days going? I am not binging, but I have times when I eat when I am not really hungry.

Happy Sunday

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:50 am

CMThib82 wrote:Strawberry it sounds like you have got it down girl! So cool!!

How are the S Days going? I am not binging, but I have times when I eat when I am not really hungry.

Happy Sunday

Hi, thanks for stopping by. I don't really treat my S days any differently. I did when I first started here but I was always so glad to get back to Monday that I realized why didn't I just eat that way every day? If I want a little something, like a mini candy bar or some animal crackers or something, I will just eat them. I just rarely do, I think - Is this good for me? before I eat everything. I try to make the answer Yes most of the time.

I value my health about all else and want to be around, and active, for a long, long time. :wink:

Good luck on your journey, you will find your way.
Berry

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Strawberry Roan wrote:
CMThib82 wrote:Strawberry it sounds like you have got it down girl! So cool!!

Happy Sunday

Hi, thanks for stopping by. I don't really treat my S days any differently. I did when I first started here but I was always so glad to get back to Monday that I realized why didn't I just eat that way every day? If I want a little something, like a mini candy bar or some animal crackers or something, I will just eat them. I just rarely do, I think - Is this good for me? before I eat everything. I try to make the answer Yes most of the time.

I value my health about all else and want to be around, and active, for a long, long time. :wink:

Good luck on your journey, you will find your way.
I love this post! I need to adopt this attitude and quit my sweets. But I love to bake :(
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks Nicole. That should have been above all else, of course :D You are doing great.....

Haven't been able to post as much, recovering from a badly sprained wrist but staying on track. :wink: Haven't been able to do a lot of my exercise equipment due to the severe pain but I have been walking and stuff like that.
Berry

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:16 am

hey berry, it has been a few months since i left no s, but i'm back...looking for that peace i was interested in what type of mixed veggies do you use and do you put anything in them for your lunch? and your salads what kinds of things do you put in them. when you mentioned mixed veggies some came to mind immediately :)
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:10 pm

NoSnacker wrote:hey berry, it has been a few months since i left no s, but i'm back...looking for that peace i was interested in what type of mixed veggies do you use and do you put anything in them for your lunch? and your salads what kinds of things do you put in them. when you mentioned mixed veggies some came to mind immediately :)

Hi good to see you back :D :D

The bagged frozen veggies I was talking about are called Steamers from Green Gian, they are about 12oz bag, less than two dollars at WalMart, my favorite seems to be the broccoli/cauliflower/carrot in all natural cheese sauce - 135 calories for the whole bag !!!! They have several varieties, some with snow peas and cranberries, etc. Lots of options. You just stand the bag up in the microwave and steam it for however long it says. Be careful of the steam vent.!!! Here is a link to some of their products. Click on the Steamers banner.

http://www.greengiant.com/pages/ProductsFrozen.aspx

As far as my huge dinner plate sized salads, I use whatever mixed greens I have at the time(different types and colors of lettuces), baby spinach leaves, shredded carrots, red/yellow/green peppers, radishes, green onions, sugar peas, shredded cheese, chopped boiled egg, etc. that I have on hand. I also LOVE croutons (the little ones are the best, much crunchier but not hard), and they have these lemon pepper onion crisps at WalMart (next to the croutons) that are not too high in calories but add some crunch. They are not all fatty like the Durkee ones in the can that everybody uses on that dreadful green bean casserole :roll: One could also add meat if they chose to, I rarely eat any meat of any kind.

I only use red wine vinegar on my salad (they have lots of kinds, pomegranate, garlic, etc.

I also often put fruit like blueberries or cranberries (fresh or dried) or mandarin oranges or grapefruit segments in my salads.

My last meal on earth request would be a huge salad.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello friends,

Been SO busy lately at work and doing gardening, planting bulbs, etc. My daily thread has become a monthly thread :lol: .

Doing fine, staying on track, easier for me in the summer as more of me is seen and I don't want the rolls and flab too exposed. Trust me, nobody wants my rolls and flab exposed.

Still scarfing down my nightly salads, had a Subway veggie delite last night for dinner, told her to put every single veggie on there, even jalapenos, then splash it will red wine vinegar. Salad on a bun :P

Missed a couple weeks of some of my exercise routine due to my sprained wrist but I am back at it now and trust me, just laying off a couple of weeks, I can feel it. I HAVE to exercise.

It was great.

Just stopping by to check up on some of my pals, have some reading to do before I head out side to weed eat around my perennial beds.

To your health all,
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 am

Hi there, Berry! :D :D

Thanks for checking in and the marvellous update! Glad everything is well with your good self. We have missed you around here. But I know full well how the time flies!

Have a wonderful (upcoming) weekend and again, great to hear from you as always!

Lots of love, Roxy xxx

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Always good to see you Roxy :wink:

Been a slacker I am afraid, but trying harder. Too many snakcs, that's for sure. Probably closer to 150 than 145 but I can feel it in my clothes (actually have some new summer things that I am probably five pounds away from fitting in the way I want to so that is good incentive.)

Back to no breakfast, that is always my downfall. If I eat first thing - even "healthy" stuff like peanut butter toast or oatmeal, I am hungry all day. Today I didn't eat until lunch and had a sliced cucumber, a cubed tomato, a sliced boiled egg and a twisted cheese stick cut on the diagonal. Lots of food, pretty plate and filling. Trying to watch the carbs.

I will eat breakfast as brunch when I am off work - sometimes - but not early in the morning. I have never needed it and always do worse healthwise when I partake.

Still loving my exercise, walk at work when weather permit and do my routine at home for 30 or 45 mins at night.
Still eating my big salads at night, last night was chicken and dumplings and cornbread however.

It was good 8)

To your health all,
Berry

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue May 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi Berry,,,,ya know I read somewhere that it is not such a big deal to not eat breakfast that some people only eat 2 meals a day. I have a friend that was thin all her life until she started dieting and instructed "you must eat breakfast", well she did and today is heavier then ever.

My friend just started No S and was amazed at how much snacking she did while preparing meals...plus her 3 meals and the snacks they say we should be eating...

Glad you stopped by to say hi, just realized I never did try the veggie thing for lunch....I think I'll check that out again..

Have a great night.
deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello All, had to go back several pages to find my thread. :D

Good to see you NO S.

Hope everybody is doing well. Everything here is on track. Gained a few pounds and didn't like the feeling AT ALL so I was able to hunker down and lose them. I have upped the exercise and cut out breakfast (again)

yeah I know, 8) but I just do better without it.

Yesterday I was out with friends and we went to Dairy Queen. I have really been watching everything so I thought - What the heck, ordered from the 4 for 5 bucks menu, a small onion rings, a salad with fat free ranch, a diet soda and an ice cream cone. Well, I decided after eating the onion rings and salad that I didn't want (or need) the ice cream cone so when I went to get it I gave to someone at a nearby table.

SO grateful that there are lots of fresh vegges and fruits. Have been having my famous huge salad every night and love the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Also have had a running supply of cantaloupes, strawberries, etc. on hand.

To your health all,

ETA, Think I might start tracking my meals again, it kept me honest.

Saturday breakfast/brunch - about 11.
Honey Nut cheerios/2pct milk/half a banana

Dinner, a big salad with just applecider vinegar/garlic dressing, oven fries and three slices of leftover pizza.

Didn't eat nachos and cheese that I made the hubby this afternoon or strawberry shrortcake after dinner.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 am

Sunday -

Lunch - big salad

Dinner - two sweet potatoes drizzled with honey and melted margarine - Heaven!

Very small slice of banana cream pie - ate it in celebration of our anniversary tomorrow (made it today as I wouldn't have time after work). SO thankful for the husband I have. :wink:
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 am

WELCOME BACK, BERRY! :) :)

MISSED YA! :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks, and look at your stats !!! You go girl. I am so proud of you. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Monday,

Lunch - two really thick pieces of whole wheat bread, toasted with peanut butter and all fruit jelly for lunch with a Diet Dr. Pepper,

Dinner out - Mexican platter with assorted goodies.

Banana cream pie at home. It was all yummy :D

Been getting in all my exercise as planned, that is the easy part as I love to exercise.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Thank you so much my friend for your kind words. :) :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am

:wink:

Monday - lunch, fresh sliced tomato on toast, plums and cantaloupe

Dinner - veggie lasagna and huge salad, strawberry shortcake for dessert

Exercise
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Felt a little queasy when I got to work so I ate a strawberry cereal bar with hot tea about eight a.m. Ate some pretzels and a salad with a diet soda for lunch, another diet soda and pretzels for an afternoon snack.

Leftover veggie lasagna for dinner with banana cream pie for dessert :roll:

Exercise.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks for your note on my thread. I might still post here even after I try my focus shift, keeping a bit of a record of my new "obsessions."

BTW, when you said "a salad" at lunch in the post above, what does that mean? How does it compare to the side salad you might get at a restaurant? Or is it more of you plate-sized salads? (Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourself.)

I envy your ease with exercise. It's funny because I think of myself as fit enough for a day hike or dance class but can't get myself to do 14 minutes on weekdays.

You know, I don't think No S is supposed to be about treating yourself well all week and then abusing on the weekends. I think it's in line with what you do; find a way to limit yourself from overdoing food without resorting to copious recording and balancing calories in and out. Occasional overages might happen, esp. at first, but eventually the extras are just blips. Some people (ahem) take longer than others to get there. And it's probably true that the ones who drop out do because of not being able to handle that freedom soon enough for their own timeline. Or maybe the drop-outs actually do go find another system, but the odds are against them.

Given how lightly you seem to eat, I'm surprised you ever had a weight problem. Keep up the good work! It helps me think about being honest about what I need but not stress over it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks oolala, I always enjoy reading your posts. To answer your question, I eat a plate sized salad at home almost every night, a little side salad if I am out because theirs are never as good as mine LOL.. If I take a salad to work, it is usually a meal type salad with shredded cheese and sliced boiled egg, etc.

As far as my weight, I have exercised since I can remember, seriously since I was a little girl but then it was called playing outside. The doctor's nurse says she would think I weighed about 130/135 if she didn't weigh me personally. I guess I have a lot of muscle weight, but I am honest about my true weight because that is what this board is all about.

Been gone a while, sorta trying to stay off the computer in general. I do so much of it at work that I hate for it to take away the time I have with my husband at night.

It has been very "freeing" to not be so cyber connected. I do, however, appreciate knowing that anytime the world is at my fingertips.

Doing okay weight wise, a few pounds up from where I would like to be but back on track with the exercise again. It was so hot all summer it was draining. But now it is beautiful out, I am doing a vigorous walk at lunchtime and then about 45 mins at night on my circuit. I should do more weights but I find that so boring.

Trying to eat less carbs is my current goal, I really really feel better when I back off of them. I ate that way before I met my husband but have gotten off track the past few years. I cannot stand the feeling of just a few excess pounds and then I feel really bad about that when so many are really struggling. I love my life and want to live many healthy years.

It's a journey we are on. Glad to share the trip with all of you.

To your health all,

Berry

Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello All,

Doing fine, exercising more now that the heat is lessened.

Went shopping today and stocked up on some healthy foods that I love, fresh baby spinach, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, lite cottage cheese (and lite canned peaches to go along), cucumbers, tomatoes, lots of different lettuces, crispy red grapes. I love shopping for good food.

Am off the diet soda again for the most part, that has made such a big different in whether I look three months pregnant or just one :D .

Still working on a few pounds and some middle flab, a work in progress I am.

for sure

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Happy Saturday All !

Doing great since I rededicated myself, again ! :D Bought some fluffy new chenille blend winter sweaters yesterday and they don't even make me look like a Michelin man !

Off the diet soda still, only drinking it when I am out and it comes with a meal or something as a treat. I have a case of Diet Dr Pepper in the bottom of the pantry :roll:

Exercise is going great, loving being able to briskly walk about town now that the weather is cooler. Doing lots of yard work and the nightly routine in the exercise room as well. Sometimes I am a little sore but it is a great feeling, a feeling of strength.

Just ate breakfast/brunch - two scrambled eggs, two faux sausage patties, one slice of toast with fresh apple butter from a local festival and a glass of 2pct milk. Very filling and will hold me until dinner. Maybe some popcorn or something in the afternoon, if desired.

To your health all,
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi Berry :)

Great job on avoiding the diet soda!! I am a bit of diet soda freak and have been trying to cut down (unsuccessfully) and drink more water/flavored water instead.

Not doing too great but fingers crossed, I too will be able to drop the habit! I have managed to wean myself off of the cola products but still loving that diet lemon lime soda! :oops: :oops:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't believe you ever looked like the Michelin Man except to yourself. But it's a great image!

I'm surprised sometimes by how soft some of my male high school students look. They aren't necessarily big, like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but I often think they look like a finger poked in a stomach would sink in pretty far. I can just hear that "Hoo hoo!"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm

It is sad, isn't it oolala? I really don't like that flabby feeling. I like to feel strong. That is one reason that I never miss exercising, so that when the flab falls away (and it does, over and over again) 8) there is some semblance of "abs" underneath. Wore one of my new sweaters to church today and it felt great. The only good thing about winter is the clothes and BOOTS !!!

Ate a couple of pieces of leftover pizza and a huge salad for lunch (no breakfast, we never eat before church). Am making homemade chicken and dumplings and cornbread for dinner. Hope I can control my cornbread intake to a piece of two. I do love it !!!
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm

NoSRocks wrote:Hi Berry :)

Great job on avoiding the diet soda!! I am a bit of diet soda freak and have been trying to cut down (unsuccessfully) and drink more water/flavored water instead.

Not doing too great but fingers crossed, I too will be able to drop the habit! I have managed to wean myself off of the cola products but still loving that diet lemon lime soda! :oops: :oops:

I really notice a difference in how much better I look and feel, immediately. But I always go back :roll: Luckily, we have a deep well and wonderful water. I love water and green tea so the diet soda is nothing but habit. Certainly not thirst.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 am

You're right, Berry! :)

It certainly IS a habit!! :wink: :wink:

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Managed to make my homemade chicken and dumplings and eat just one small serving of dumplings and one piece of cornbread. When I am not in the committed stage, I eat about three pieces of cornbread :D

Got in an extra set of vigorous exercises yesterday so that felt good. Plan to walk a long way during lunch (it is a beautiful crisp Fall day) and have a sandwich and soup when I return.

Ate a small piece of homemade banana bread and some hot lemon water for breakfast today.

Did get in a 45 minute brisk walk (somewhere between strolling and racewalking is how I like to walk) - came back to the office and heated up a can of Progresso light Southwestern veggie soup which was great on this cool day. It was 50 while I was out walking, felt great. Also had one of the six packs of peanut/butter cracker rounds with my soup. Didn't feel the need for a sandwich. Drinking ice water. That's all until dinner, might have a grilled cheese then.

Still no diet soda at work, that is my goal. It was a two can a day habit here and I am happy to be breaking away from it. Then when I have one now and then other places, it will be more of a treat - and probably taste a lot better. My husband is a coffee, water, and green tea drinker so there isn't much temptation at home. It is my BOSS, darn her, who keeps the fridge here stocked !!!

Dinner ended up being a dinner plate sized salad filled with a LOT of different veggies and a bunch of crispy red seedless grapes. Balsamic and red wine vinegar for dressing. It was so good, my last meal on Earth request would be for a BIG salad ! Made the hubby a grilled ham and cheese and some cream of mushroom soup but I didn't feel like either (but his salad was a tiny one). Drank ice water, now will have a cup of hot coffee and relax. Got in my "formal" exercise so I did double duty today, indoors and out. I should sleep great.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Happy Tuesday All ! I DID sleep great. I love the feeling of tired muscles then waking up and they are revived.

Beautiful day here, had a small piece of homemade banana bread for breakfast with hot lemon water. Walked for 30 brisk minutes at lunch, came back and made a grilled cheese sandwich, drank ice water. We are blessed to have a full kitchen so we can more or less cook whatever we want for breakfast and lunch.

Not missing the diet soda at all, happy to say. And not puffy at all either.

Will have my salad with some added fruit - and a little bit of leftover chicken and dumplings and cornbread for dinner. Will get in my full 30-45 mins in the exercise room. No doubt about it !

To your health all
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Happy Wednesday Nosers :lol:

Ate the end of my banana bread for breakfast with some Yerba Mate' tea. It was great, what is funny is that not too long ago (okay, last month) I would have not divided the piece into thirds and ate part each day I worked - I would have eaten it all at once - with butter !!! Not necessary at all.

Went for a wonderful walk, 53 degrees out, sunny, slight breeze. I could walk forever I think. I have walked 15 miles before on a given day, and loved it. Came back to the office and made me a bowl (the can) of Progresso light veggie noodle soup, ate a six pack of cream cream and chive snack crackers - great lunch (360 calories total for the meal). Drinking ice water. Still diet soda free. Going out shopping tomorrow, we usually stop at Wendy's for a bite to eat as it is next to the mall. Will probably have a Diet Dr. Pepper then.

Will have a salad and fruit for sure tonight, maybe followed by a bowl of homemade veggie chili if hungry. AFTER I hit the exercise room, of course.
8)

Did get in my exercise, ended up having my salad and my chili - all in one. I made a layered salad of white corn tortilla chips, very hot chili topped with finely shredded Mexican blend cheese so it would immediately melt, then topped with lots of shredded lettuce, fresh salsa, sour cream and lots of olives.

Couldn't eat it all. Stopped when I started feeling full and threw the rest away. No room for fruit tonight!

We have a large bowl of fresh off the tree real pears ripening so looking forward to that.

To your health all.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Happy 10-11-12 !!!!!

Went shopping with friends, got lots of healthy foods at the grocery store.. Didn't eat breakfast, got a small fries and diet Coke at Wendy's as I couldn't think of anything I wanted. I love their chili but had chili last night. Ate part of the fries and didn't want anymore. Refilled the soda and enjoyed it ! Won't drink any more diet soda until something like this comes up again, out with friends or something. I don't drink any at home or work and don't really miss it. It is a treat and that is working well - and I cannot believe how much flatter my tummy is.

:D Should have gotten a chocolate Frosty instead of the fries and made a float. Next time!

Not sure about dinner, will probably be hungry by then. Plan to get in my exercise although I walked around WalMart for 90 mins. Does that count?
:roll:

Did my exercise, had a nice salad for dinner with sliced peaches (from a can, lite) used some of the syrup mixed with red wine vinegar for the "dressing". Ate a turkey pot pie as well (hey, my husband ate two) :D

Done for the day - and night.

To your health all,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 am

It's turkey pot pie weather.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Indeed. But only made in the oven until crispy, golden buttery brown. No microwave nonsense for our pot pies !!1

Neither of us ate anything until about 1:30 today, I finished off the end of the dumplings and cornbread - a bowl. He ate a chicken salad sandwich (chicken salad from Aldi's, I just add chopped up red seedless grapes) and coleslaw from the deli at WalMart. WIll my culinary skills ever cease?

And we are having Red Baron thin crust fire baked Supreme pizza for dinner.
But, I will make salad :roll:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't even own a microwave. And you're right; one could never do a pie crust justice.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 pm

I know, I cannot believe they are even marketed as microwaveable. I tried it once just to see and they looked awful! The crust is the best part so it has to be perfect.

Happy Saturday All,

Ate half a cinnamon raisin bagel for brunch with a bit of peanut butter and a glass of 2pct milk. Didn't want the other half but put it in a baggie for later. Have leftover pizza from last night for later as well. I cringe at how much I used to eat at a setting :roll:

Ate the other half of the bagel and some airpopped popcorn with Pam butter spray mid afternoon.

Ate a salad with blueberries, then - two veggie egg rolls and two mozzarella sticks ( baked in the oven) for dinner. It was great.

Drank a lot of peppermint and lemon ginger tea yesterday. Yummy.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Berry

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 pm

I hate to log my food, but I get ideas from the logs of others. Your meals seem very moderate. I need to work on that.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am

r.jean wrote:I hate to log my food, but I get ideas from the logs of others. Your meals seem very moderate. I need to work on that.
I am amazed at how much food I used to eat, I easily could eat half a Red Baron pizza (six slices)
:roll:

Now I eat a salad and two slices, save the others for later. Logging my food really does help me because I am totally honest and don't want to look back and read that I ate a bunch of junk.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 am

Went to a huge birthday party after church, every possible food that could be part of a carry in Baptist church type dinner was there.

I ate a serving of salad, some fresh green beans and new potatoes, a deviled egg and some homemade noodles. Drank a Diet Dr. Pepper. Did not eat any of the thirty homemade pies, cakes, brownies or cookies OR any of the ghastly (I am sure) bakery cake. Just ate what I wanted to eat and enjoyed it.

Came home, exercised, ate a baked sweet potato (no butter or anything, just cinnamon) some Brussells sprouts and a sliced fresh tomato for dinner. Very pretty on the plate.

Had a beautiful Sunday!
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 am

Happy Monday All.

Busy, busy day at work. Boss was gone for a week so we had a lot of catching up to do :roll:

Didn't eat anything at all until one o'clock - after my long walk. Ate a bowl of bean and vegetable soup and a pack of cream cheese and chive snack crackers.

For dinner, I ate the end of the pizza slices (four small ones) a salad and some grapes. Very filling.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:10 am

Happy Wednesday (and Tuesday, very busy day yesterday)

We celebrated Boss's Day yesterday ( sure a made up day but it was fun for all ) co-worker brought in a homemade apple crumble caramel topped cake thingy - I ate part of one piece with hot lemon ginger tea and made that my breakfast. I then ate a cup of soup with crackers and a peanut butter on toast sandwich for lunch. Got in my walking during the day and my exercise at night. Had a big salad with about ten veggies and just garlic red wine vinegar as dressing, a few Morning Star faux chik'n nuggets with honey mustard sauce (hubby requested them and we both love them, crispy from the oven) and some plump red grapes for dinner. Good day all around.

Will probably have another piece of the cake for breakfast as she left it at work for that purpose, it was fine, not great but co worker relationships are vital to me. :wink: I appreciate her kindness.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:19 am

Happy Wednesday, cannot believe how fast these weeks fly by! I only work three days a week so it is my weekend now....

Let's see,
Had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast - about 11:00 (not the office party cake),
About two, ate a cup of Healthy Select soup and some crackers.
For dinner had a big salad (with cranberries!) and a bit of broccoli, wild rice and cheese casserole. Both were great.
Didn't walk outside today due to severe weather but got in a bit extra tonight in the exercise room.

Ate some apple pie ala mode (pudding cup) and Cool Whip to wake up enough to watch Nashville, it was good.

The no diet soda is really paying off, wore a pair of dress slacks today that were a bit- uh - snug last time I wore them. Slipped right on today, weight is the same but puffiness is gone.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Happy Friday, forgot to check in yesterday. Ate fine - lunch at a committee meeting (salad and soup), had a snack of Cheetos and a diet soda in the afternoon - actually they were Aldi's and I was just so curious to see if they were as good as the name brand. I found them better and much less messy.

The soda was, just because. :D Drank a little of it and that was all I wanted.

Had very little for dinner as I am not used to eating much at lunch, a little bit of leftover casserole. Had about a half cup of neopolitan ice cream later with Lite Cool whip (more whip than ice cream I do believe) to celebrate a great Cardinals win. It was the hubby's idea and a good one!

Made homemade cranberry/orange rind muffins this morning and ate one about noon with a cup of tea for "breakfast"
Tonight is pizza night - will have a salad as well of course.

If the Cards clinch their way into the World Series, who knows, I might have wine. :roll:

Getting in all my exercise, feeling great.

To your health all,
Berry