Sophiasapientia's 2012 Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sophiasapientia

Sophiasapientia's 2012 Check-In

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm

A new year calls for a new check-in. :)

2012 has gotten off to a rough start. My MIL became critically ill while we were vacationing with extended family over the holidays and she passed away two weeks ago. :( The structure of No S provided a lot of comforting structure with eating during the stressful weeks in Florida.

Overall, my weight is a little higher than I'd prefer, on the high end of my personal acceptable range. It has been in the 126-128 range. I think I'd be OK with this if I was doing my best with No S but the truth is that there are too many red days on my HabitCal and I prefer to weigh a little less. Exercise has been stellar. I still wear my pedometer everyday and it is very rare for me to get in less than 10,000 steps.

Here's to a happy, healthy 2012! :)

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi hon! Great to hear from you....although I was sooo sorry to hear about your MIL. I am sending over my sincere sympathy and prayers over to your good self and your family.

Sounds like you are continuing to do good on the No S Plan and that definitely gives me encouragement and inspiration! Believe me, I need it!!!

Thinking of you,

Take care and thanks for keeping us updated!

All the very best, love and hugs from Roxy xxxx
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Roxy! It is so wonderful to "see" you. Thanks so much for your sympathy and kind words. I really appreciate them.

It has been a pretty good week for No S. Monday was an S day since it was a vacation day. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thurday were green, although Wednesday was technically iffy since I did have a bite size sample of cake while meeting with friends for coffee.

Weight this morning was 126. I think the low to mid 120 range is realistic, if I'm careful not to be sloppy with No S during the week. I'm 5'3" and, although up to 141 lbs puts me in the Normal BMI range, I start feeling a little heavy when I edge into the high 120s. Plus, I like to have a little fudge room during travel, TOM, etc. My ongoing learning curve is that I tend "treat myself" a bit when I reach a place where I feel good, then get strict with No S again and then the cycle repeats. It is not a huge problem but it would be better if, planned S days aside, I just stayed consistent with the No S rules in the first place.

It has now been over 2 years since I've been doing No S consistently and over 3 years since I discovered it. I remain eternally grateful for the peace and sanity that this WOE gives me.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:03 pm

It is good to hear maintenance stories. I am still gradually losing and hope to some day be where you are. Thanks for posting!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:20 am

HEY GUYS! Thank you both, sophia and rjean, for continuing to be an inspiration for me. Have a great Weekend!!

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Ladies! Thanks so much for the support! You're awesome. :D

Keeping it real here: This past weekend wasn't my best. :( :oops: The problem is that I tried to do an S Slide, starting on Friday night. We went out for dinner and then came home and each had a slice of chocolate caramel cake that I had made for the weekend. I can sometimes handle doing an S Slide but not always, and I didn't manage it this time. So, Friday was a Fail and Saturday and Sunday were average S Days (3 meals plus a dessert -- a slice of the cake -- each day.) Weight this morning was 128.6. We ate out once a day on Friday, Saurday and Sunday :oops: and I know that doesn't help the scale either. Also, atypically, step count was slightly low two days but I shoveled snow so I'm not overly worried about that.

Goal for this week is to have a solid 5 greens over the next 5 days and to reach my 10,000 step goal everyday. :arrow:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

Yesterday was a success. Over 13,000 steps. Weight today 127.4

B-- Cream of wheat, coffee
L -- PBJ, orange slices, serving of Cheetos, carrots
D -- Chicken picatta, steamed broccoli, broccoli cheese rice

For today I 'm planning:
B -- Half bagel w cc, coffee
L -- Creamy wild rice soup, carrots, cinnamon apple slices
D -- Leftover apricot baked ham (from freezer), steamed broccoli, TBD (had planned on baked sweet potatoes but they don't look great. Maybe homemade bread or rolls instead)

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:56 am

Tuesday was a Success. Steps over 13,000. Weight 127.6 this morning. Ended up making Red Lobster biscuits to go w dinner.

B-- Half bagel w cc
Later -- Coffee
L -- Creamy wild rice soup, carrots, orange slices
D -- Chicken enchilada chili, tortilla chips

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:52 am

A success for Wednesday. :) Step count was just shy of 13,000 and meals went as planned. I did have a small -- 2 oz -- glass of port wine last night. I'm not a huge drinker but would like to have a small nightcap a few times a week if I can get away with it. We'll see ... Weight this morning was still 127.6. I'm at the point midcycle where my bodytends to cling to weight for a few days :roll: so this is not unexpected. Overall, I'm pleased with how things are going this week.

Planned for today:
B-- Half bagel w cc
Later (meeting) -- Coffee
L -- Creamy wild rice soup, carrots, orange slices
D -- Nachos made w leftover Chicken enchilada chili, cut-up veggies

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

A success for Thursday! One more day and I'll have a solid week of Greens with no funny business. Yay! ... Step count yesterday was over 11,000. Weight this a.m. was 127.2.

Planned for today:
B-- Half bagel w cc, coffee
L -- Small plate nachos made w leftover chicken enchilada chili, cut-up veggies
D -- Homemade pizza, salad

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Great job on the Greens, sophia! :)

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks Roxy!!! :D

I did have a solid week of Greens. Woohoo! 8) Yesterday went as planned. Had over 11,000 steps. I did have a 2 oz glass of port wine last night. Weight was 127.4 this morning.

Planned for today:
B-- Slice of homemade pumpkin gingerbread, coffee
L (McD's/DD's choice) -- Will probably share Chicken McBites, fries and diet soda w DH.
D -- Homemade butternut squash soup & likely a cresant roll or two and slices of sharp cheddar. Chocolate cake truffle for dessert.
May have small glass of wine too.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Yesterday went as planned. Step count over 10,000. Did have the small glass of port wine.

Today, I'm thinking:
B -- Slice of pumpkin gingerbread, coffee
L (Qdoba) -- Naked veggie burrito, some chips & queso, diet soda
D -- Butternut squash soup, slices of sharp cheddar, cheese crackers and part of bakery cookie or brownie -- shared w family -- for dessert

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Yesterday was a fine S day and went as expected.

My goal for this week is to get another solid week of N Day Greens.

Planned for today:
B -- 1/2 bagel w cc, coffee
L -- Butternut sqush soup, pepper jack Cheez-Its
D -- 1.5 kosher hot dogs, baked french fries, sugar snap peas

Already have over 13,000 steps today so all's well on that front. :) :wink:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

Yesterday was a success. Had over 14,000 steps. Had 2oz of port wine. Weight this morning 127.6.

Planned for today:
L -- Lemon lentil soup, Cheez-Its, grapes
D -- Sloppy joe squares, steamed broccoli, Doritos

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Nice to see you back on track!!!! I am sorry about your MIL.
I had a rough start to the year myself and am findinding it hard to get back on the horse!!!!
Have a great day.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks so much Snapdragon! I hope that you have a great day too!

Tuesday was a success. Over 13,500 steps. Weight this morning 126.6. Food planned for today is a repeat of yesterday except I'm meeting with friends for coffee. We've got lessons/appointments tonight so leftovers sound like a good option. :wink:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am

A success for Wednesday. Over 10,000 steps. Weight this morning 125.6.

Planned for today:
L -- Lemon lentil soup, Cheez-Its, banana
D -- Ham & cheese pie, steamed veggies

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:49 pm

I had to look up sloppy Joe squares on www.food.com they are on the menu for next week :wink:
Looks like you are doing well.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm

GRRREAT JOB, SOPHIASAPIENTA! :D

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 am

Hey Ladies -- Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm feeling good this week. It is nice to be back on track, finally. I've got some travel coming up later this month, to help with my MIL's estate and the prospect of having a little cush with my weight is very motivating.

Snapdragon -- I hope you enjoy the Sloppy Joe Squares. The recipe I use is from a SouthernLiving cookbook and is a little different but along the same lines. If you'd like me to post it, I'd be happy ... My family prefers these to regular sloppy joes. :)

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 am

Thursday was a success. Over 13,000 steps. Had a 2oz glass of port wine. Weight this morning 126.2.

Planned for today:
L -- Hummus w cut-up veggies & tortilla chips, banana
D -- Homemade pizza, carrots

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm

I am planning homemade pizza tonight to.....though I had about 3 hours of sleep last night so might just order something. I am still searching for a good dough recipe :wink:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Snapdragon -- I use the pizza dough recipe found on Crystal Paine's Money Saving Mom Blog, typically with part white flour and part whole wheat. http://moneysavingmom.com/2009/02/homem ... nutes.html It's easy and good! 😄 (I use my kitchen Aid to knead the dough.)

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Another solid week of Greens. Woohoo! Step count yesterday was 13,000. Weight this morning was 126.

Planned for today:
B -- Slice of homemade whole wheat chocolate chip banana bread, coffee
L (McD's) -- Share Chicken McBites, fries, diet soda w DH
D -- Mac & cheese, steamed sweet peas

May have a small glass of wine later today and will likely have a TBD dessert as well.

My 9 year old and her best friend are performing in their school talent show tonight so I'm going for an quick, easy, kid-friendly dinner. DD is playing keyboard, her friend is playing guitar and they are both singing (Rainbow Connection from The Muppets.) They've been practicing since early December and I'm so proud of them. :D

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks for the link. I actually tried a new recipe that we liked, it had chopped garlic in the dough and I mixed it in my bread machine. Will try subbing some whole wheat flour next time.

The act your DD is in sounds adorable!!!! I am sure you will have a fun night!!!!

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Mmmm, Snapdragon. The dough with the garlic sounds yummy!

Yesterday felt a little over the top. I didn't have any wine yesterday but I did go to Starbucks with DH yesterday afternoon and had a small caramel apple spice there. We had a really early dinner, like at 4, due to the talent show and were famished by the time everything was over last night. So I had a slice of pizza and shared a serving of tiramisu with DH and DD ... Step count was over 13,000. The girls did a fantastic job in show. :)

Hoping to keep this S Day a little more moderate. Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday. We are going out for lunch. DH requested that I make subs, etc for the Superbowl but I'll probably make a pot of soup for myself and have leftovers for lunch this week.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Yesterday was fine. Shared a dessert with my family at lunch and ended up having subs, etc with everyone else for dinner. Over 12,500 steps.

Planning on a Green week. Today's plan:

B-- 1/2 bagel w cc, coffee
L -- Cottage cheese w grape tomatoes, tortilla chips, banana
D -- Salad with grilled chicken, fresh baked sourdough, strawberries

Had about 10 inches of hair cut off this afternoon. A short, modern cut. Feels much lighter. I like it. :wink:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 am

Monday was a success. Step count was just under 12,000. Weight today was 127.2. TOM due later this week so that will probably impact the scale.

Planned for today:
L (Rio Wraps) -- TBD. Out w friend.
D -- Cheesy chicken ranch pasta bake, steamed asparagus

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:52 am

Tuesday was a success. Step count was over 12,000. Had salad for lunch and 2 oz port wine last night. Weight today was 126.2.

Planned for today:
L -- Creamy wild rice soup, carrots, clementines
D -- Cheesy chicken ranch pasta bake, steamed asparagus

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

A success for Wednesday. Over 11,000 steps. Weight today 126.2 w TOM.

The plan:
L -- creamy wild rice soup, carrots, clementines

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 am

A success for Thursday. Over 16,500 steps. Today's weight 126.4.

For today:
L -- Creamy wild rice soup, carrots, clementines
D -- Veggie burger, steamed green beans and either Doritos or baked fries, depending on timing after lessons

Tomorrow we are having a Harry Potter birthday party for DD so today I'll be knee deep in turning our house into Hogwarts and baking goodies. I'm really determined to have another Green week and don't think the sweets will be a problem today.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi, just stopping in to say thanks for the nice welcome on my thread.

The Hogwarts party sounds like a blast!

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

I totally understood your comment about how comforting the structure so No-S is during stressful times.

Good to see you.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:01 am

Hi KCCC! Thanks so much for your kind thoughts ... The Harry Party was a ton of work but the kids had a great time (and we did too :wink: :lol: ) and well worth it.

Weekend was fine. Step count has been in the 12-13,000 range each day. Eating was within reason. Had birthday party fare on Saturday. As our Valentine splurge, we had lunch today at our favorite local foodie joint. Yum!

I'm planning on keeping this week mostly green but will take an S Event on Tuesday night for Valentine's Day. Just planned our weekly menu and I'll be clearing out the fridge/pantry since we have travel coming later this week ... so lots of simple meals. Next week will be dedicated to helping clear out MIL's apartment and dealing with estate issues. I suspect it will be a difficult trip, especially for DH, but it will nice to see family.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Aiming for a green Monday. Here's my plan:

L (McD's) -- Burger, coffee and carrots from home
D -- Homemade tomato soup, cheese quesadilla

Kiddo has day off from school so will probably take her out for lunch when we are running errands. I'll need to be creative with getting my steps in today.

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Sophia,
Thank you so much for your encouragement on my thread - it made a big difference to my day today :D
I'm very sorry about your MIL - I hope your trip isn't too harrowing later in the week.
53 years old
Average weight loss:
May 18 - 2.45lbs

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks so much IDK! I appreciate it.

Monday was a success. Over 14,000 steps. Weight today 125.4.

Plans for this Valentine's Day. I'm taking a NWS tonight:

L -- Moroccan lentil soup, some tortilla chips, tangelo
D -- A Valentine's "picnic": Assortment of nice breads and cheeses, crudite, strawberries, champagne. I picked up a "Chocolate Mousse for 2" and a Panera shortbread VDay cookie to share with DH & DD for dessert.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Enjoyed the NWS last night. Step count was over 12,000 steps yesterday.

Wednesday's plan:
B -- Slice of pretzel bread, 2 pieces cheese, coffee
L -- Moroccan lentil soup, tangelo, French bread
D -- 1.5 kosher hot dogs, crudite, chips

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Wednesday was a success. Just short of 14,000 steps. Weight today 126.4.

Here's the menu for today:
L -- Moroccan lentil soup, sugar snap peas, few tortilla chips
D -- Scrambled eggs w cheddar, bacon, apple slices w cinnamon, fresh bread

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Thursday was a success. Over 12,000 steps. Weight today was 125.6.

The menu:
L -- Moroccan lentil soup, apple slices w cinnamon, couple slices cheese

We leave tomorrow to help w MIL's estate. I think the biggest challenge for me will be meals. I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of eating out. We'll be staying mostly at MIL's apartment and, though we'll try to prepare some meals there, it may be tough as things get packed up and/or donated. I think the best course of action will be to take the S Event mod while we are away. Saturday will be a travel day and, apart from having a low cal Starbucks drink or something, there's no real reason to take an S. We also have a couple of nice restaurant meals planned with family during the week so I'd rather splurge then.

So, my game plan is to get at least 10,000 steps most days, use the S Event mod and check-in here if I am able.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:09 pm

GOOD LUCK, HON! TRUST EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY - THINKING OF YOU AND WISHING YOU AND YOURS THE BEST, ALWAYS!

TAKE CARE!

YOUR ONLINE "BUDDY" ROXY XXXX

dmarie710

Post by dmarie710 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey Shannon
I've been wanting to get on here for some time. I'm so sorry about your MIL. Sounds like you are doing really great, though. Good luck this weekend. Hope everything goes really well.
Take care
Denise
Denise
restart No S on 4/1 at 132#
goal is 120-123# doing vanilla NoS with Eat Stop Eat on Monday.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:38 am

Hi Ladies! Thank you so much for your kind words and support. They are much appreciated and mean a lot. Denise! As always it is wonderful to "see" you. I hope that everything is going well for you and your family!

Yesterday was a success. Just under 14,000 steps. Weight this morning was 125.6.

Today looked like this:
L (Salsarita's) -- 2 tacos, chips w salsa & queso
D (Boston Market) -- Rotiserre chicken, green beans, corn. Plus several bites of sweet potato casserole -- which is basically like dessert -- and some bites of DH's loaded mashed potatoes

Got in over 10,000 steps by hitting the hotel treadmill.

Will be on the road for much of tomorrow and will have to be creative about getting my steps since the hotel gym opens late on the weekends.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I, too, just got a chance to read this thread and although my condolences are late they are heartfelt.

I love reading other's blogs, wish I could read them all. I like how you stay the course and it shows with gradual weight loss. 8)
Berry

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks for your condolences, Berry ... I appreciate them and your kind words.

Here's how Sunday looked:
B -- Bagel w cc, coffee
Starbucks-- Tall skinny mocha, no whip
L (McD's) -- Shared Chicken Mcbites, fries w DH
D (SIL's) -- Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli, corn

Got in just over 10,000 steps yesterday and did have the opportunity to pick up some groceries.

Had my usual breakfast today and will probably have some soup, crackers, a banana and sugar snap peas for lunch. We are meeting my sister and her family at a neat 1950s soda fountain-type restaurant for dinner. There's a probable chance I'll have dessert.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 am

Ate too much at dinner last night, including sharing a really nice dessert with DH. It was nice to spend time with my sister and her family. Had just under 13,000 which isn't bad considering I didn't take a walk or even step a foot outside most of the day. Plugging away at sorting and packing.

Today will be probably along the same lines for breakfast and lunch. We are going out for dinner with other side of the family tonight, at the location where MIL's memorial luncheon will be held later this spring.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:56 am

Stuck to 3 meal structure again yesterday but had special dinner out & ate a lot. Also had some Sangria & shared a yummy slice of cake w DH for dessert. Had just over 10,000 steps.

Today we are going to DH's favorite local pizza place for lunch. Dinner will either be taco salads at the apartment or something w SIL's family. Not sure about that yet. Family wants to get water ice while we are running errands, a treat since we don't have those back home.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Got back home yesterday afternoon. There was a tremendous amount of work to do and we are all pretty exhausted. Had well over my 10,000 steps each day. In terms of eating, I mostly stuck to the 3 meal structure but had dessert most days and meals were a lot heavier than normal. We ate out a lot, etc. Weight this morning was 129. Ugh. Next step is to take off the trip weight before we head out there again next month. :roll: :(

Lots going on this week/coming month. I'm co-chairing reading month at kiddo's school and we have our big kick off events later this week. We have furniture coming from MIL's sometime in the next week so I have a lot of moving/refiguring to do around the house, too. Goal is to have a solid week of Greens & meet my step goal each day.

Here's today's plan:
L -- 2 slices of leftover pizza, apple slices
D -- Pasta w homemade meat sauce, salad

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 am

Fail for Monday. Made cookies for bake sale this afternoon & ate 4 or 5. :oops: Determined not to crash the car today. Step count is already at 11,500. Tomorrow will be green.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Plan for Tuesday:
L -- Turkey & cheese sandwich, grapes, cucumber slices, BBQ chips
D -- Pasta w homemade meat sauce, salad

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Success for Tuesday. Over 11,000 steps. Today's weight 127.

On the menu for today:
L -- Leftover pasta, cucumber & pepper slices
D -- Lentil tacos, melon, salad

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Wednesday was a success. Over 12,000 steps. Weight today 126.6.

Today's menu:
L -- Lentil taco salad
D -- Chicken & dumplins, melon

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Thursday was a success and a big one since I was coordinating a bake sale, among other things. Today is a repeat of that. Over 15,000 steps. Meals are all a repeat of yesterday.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:47 pm

GREAT JOB, SOPHIA-S!! :D :D

I think its about time I got another pedometer! :wink: :wink:

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey Roxy!!!! :D

Well, it had been awhile since I've checked-in again. Exercise has been stellar. No S has been OK but not perfect. Too many red days. Weight has been in high 120s, at the top of my personal acceptable weight range, too close to the edge for my liking. We are heading out east again today, for MIL's memorial service, Easter and time with family, and I've been a little stressed out about the food scenario. We'll be staying at a hotel the whole trip and eating out for many meals. I want to be able to enjoy treats at the multiple special events and not worry about gaining weight.

With that in mind, I've decided to log my food and stay within a calorie budget for the next month. I found a great free App -- My Fitness Pal -- and have just started to use that. It's easy to use and will give me some peace of mind during our travels. From No S, I'm going to try to stick largely to the basic 3 meal structure and avoid seconds but I'll allow myself sweets during the week if they fit within my calorie budget and not do S days for the time being. Hoping that I'll be able to either lose or maintain my weight during this trip and perhaps get down to a lower, happier weight by my birthday in early May.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

The calorie counting experiment lasted about 2 days. :roll: It was tedious and not something that I could do long-term. Vanilla No S is simplier, saner and does work well when I follow the rules. Back on track & recovering from the trip.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 am

Two days?! That is a long time. I usually do not even make it through a day of tracking. I cannot even maintain a simple food log. I have not tried for a long time. Love No S!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi SophiaS and welcome back from your trip !

The calorie counting would not have worked for me either but hey - sometimes we just feel like trying something different and changing it up a little!

I, too, had a foray into the world of calorie counting last week! Well not exactly calorie counting but adjusted my Vanilla No S way of thinking by adding a new mod of one dessert each day in a bid to streamline my S Days. Unfortunately, it didn't work as I still found myself overindulging at the weekend, my regular S Days (but no harm in trying I guess!) The good news was, it did not take me long to get back into the swing of my N Days again! Okay, its only been 4 days now but already I feel like I never departed from good ol' Vanilla! :D I wouldn't exactly say my S Days were ott or consistently ott but the lack of weight loss was what got to me. However, after reading over SkyKitty's new testimonial, I realized that it was indeed better to feel sane and enjoy food again rather than aim for a lower weight on some strict diet! I actually - gasp - think that after 3 years on No S, I don't think any other way of dieting OR just eating in general would work for me; I think I would give in and binge after a few days if I even made it that far! Once, I might have been a little scared about this; but now I am back on Vanilla, I realize it is a great place to be. A lot of it is psychological but if it clicks, and it works for you and gives you peace of mind, that is surely the main thing after all!