Tobiasmom's No-S Pregnancy....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tobiasmom

Tobiasmom's No-S Pregnancy....

Post by tobiasmom » Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Well, I've decided to start a new check-in thread. I just want something more positive....a new start! My goals are also different now that I'm pregnant. Vanilla No-S, period! The nurse told me yesterday that since my BMI is over 30 they only want me to gain 10-15 pounds the entire pregnancy. So my goal for now is to stick with No-S and workout daily. They gave me a one-hour glucose challenge yesterday so I'm really hoping that comes out negative. I will get another one at six months pregnant.

My main issue right now is the nausea. It makes me want to snack all the time. The thing is snacking doesn't even help. So I'm not going to give in to my brain telling me I NEED to snack.

Today starts a new 21-day challenge. Three plates on N days and for now I'll just see how the S days go. I'd like to have some sane S days, but I'm focusing only on my N days for now. 30 minutes of exercise most days is the goal! And just enjoy life and don't sweat the small stuff!

tobiasmom

Day 1

Post by tobiasmom » Fri May 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Day 1: FAILURE!
I had one glass of orange soda (sweet) at lunch and I had some banana bread and grapes at small group last night AFTER dinner (snack). BUT I was much more mindful throughout the day of not snacking. In my book it was a little bit of a success also! Small progress!

I'm going to have a little bit larger breakfast this morning cuz I was really hungry an hour after breakfast yesterday. One bowl of cereal didn't cut it. So I'm gonna have something with it.

Looking forward to another good day....but this time just three plates and some exercise!

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Congratulations on your exciting news tobiasmom :)

I can't imagine how much more difficult keeping to the rules must be when you have hormones all over the place and a 2nd human being to feed!!

tobiasmom

So....

Post by tobiasmom » Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Friday was a success. The weekend was filled with eating out. I feel like I've had waaaaay too much salt. This morning I woke up ready to have a green week. I had strawberry Greek yogurt with granola......and then threw the whole thing up. This morning sickness really makes this a little tough. Now, of course, my stomach is completely empty. I don't think I can wait four more hours to eat lunch. So shall I attempt a second breakfast?? This is crazy. I guess morning sickness will be done in a month or so so I shall just do my best.

Starting a new Walk Away The Pounds DVD that's a five-day walk plan. Today is 3 miles.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Wow I can't imagine doing the No S thing while pregnant. Not like it's a "thing", but I do think you need to modify a bit, esp. in the beginning. I was SO sick that if I just felt like eating something at all, then I would move mountains to find it!
I would say eat something and consider it breakfast.
I admire your desire to change habits NOW and not say, "oh i'll wait till' after baby..."
:)
Liz

tobiasmom

Day 1

Post by tobiasmom » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 pm

I am soooooo excited to report a SUCCESS today! Three plates. I do still have a few hours left in the day...and ice cream is tempting, but I know I can just do this, period! The morning nausea is getting better. Eating a nice large breakfast is helping.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:38 am

Wow - congratulations on your news and good luck with continuing on No-S while pregnant!

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm

HOORAY! It must feel great. I relate!
Liz

tobiasmom

21 days

Post by tobiasmom » Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 pm

So.....I kind of dropped the ball on Wednesday. I was going along great....until I had my first OB appointment. The doc was wonderful. Everything looks good. BUT I'm measuring waaaay ahead. I'm 11 weeks and measuring 16. The doc is almost positive it's twins. That thought just overwhelmed me. I turned to food to deal with the stress. Baskin Robbins! Of course after the fact it didn't help at all.

I have an ultrasound on Tuesday to confirm. Then I can start preparing myself mentally......and preparing us physically (two of everything)! Wowzers.

I'm still here. I'm still working it!!! Only gained 1.6 pounds my first trimester so far.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm

WOAH baby! (s)!
That is awesome and overwhelming all at the same time. I hate to say it: but Baskin Robbins would be the least of my worries if carrying twins!
Cause for celebration/woah moment!
:)
Liz

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Fri May 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't think you failed....I think you can claim it as an S Day! If the doctor told me I was probably having twins....I would see that as a pretty Special day!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 am

I'm with Gobble and Liz - OMG!!! That is exciting news!!!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Wow! How exciting. Let us know when you know for sure! Today is Tuesday!
Last edited by ~reneew on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey, All! So the news is that there's only ONE! Not quite sure why I'm measuring so large. My uterus is just ready and growing like crazy for some reason! I'm sure it will even out in a few months.

I'm 13 weeks this week and out of the first trimester. The nausea has definitely eased up quite a bit so I should be able to give up ALL snacking now! I'm up in weight and feeling blah from not eating correctly. So I'm back on the No-S wagon with you all!

Day 1 starts this very minute.[/img]

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 am

Hopefully it was a relief to hear it will only be one! Glad to hear you are starting to lose the nausea - hope things continue to go well!

tobiasmom

14 weeks

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Another week has gone by, and I haven't gotten on the No-S wagon still! Darn it. My intentions are so good when I write the check-in, and then sometime throughout the day I grab some chocolate or a cookie....and then that leads to some chips or crackers. Boy, oh, boy!

There's no excuse. I know what I'm doing. I'm pregnant, and I need to be good to my body, period!!!

I already ate two cookies this morning when I woke up. I need to put them up higher! ha. But after some wonderful granola for breakfast, I should be good to stick with three meals today. I'm attempting homemade pitas tonight. Chicken souvlaki with cucumber yogurt sauce on homemade pitas. Delish! We're also going to Sea World today so I should get some walking in!

Sorry if I'm annoying that I can't get my act together. But I WILL continue to try, try, and try again!!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 am

Not annoying at all - totally recognizable! I'd say if you are eating fairly healthy foods, go with your appetite - you might be needing the extra calories if the baby is growing so quickly.

Have a great day!

tobiasmom

Day 1

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 am

SUCCESS on three meals today and I also went for a walk in the blazing heat this evening! Feeling amazing to have a GREEN day under my belt.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:51 am

Hooray! :mrgreen:

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

NEVER feel "annoying that you can't get your act together". Are you serious? My whole week last week was red, and I went up and down on mods, etc. Yet I'm back and vanilla and the support is outstanding. We all relate. So go one day at a time. Enjoy that green. Have another today and then another. But one at a time.
Take care!
Liz

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm with Liz 100%!!! And you just made my day with your nice words on my thread - thanks so much! :D

tobiasmom

Day 2

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 am

Day 2 SUCCESS! Went for another walk in the blazing heat. Two days in a row...watch out world! Ha.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:25 am

Good job! Just don't get heatstroke or anything :wink: !

tobiasmom

20 weeks

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

He, All. I've been gone on vacation for more than a month! I wish I could say I followed the plan, but I didn't. This whole journey is a huge learning process for me. One day at a time.

In other news...we found out we are having another BOY! Soooo excited.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 pm

WOOT!! WOOT!! Welcome back and Many Congratulations, t-mom! :) :)
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:23 pm

CONGRATS! Exciting! :D And, Welcome Back!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:03 pm

There's time to end the month well. When is your baby boy due? You've got some hot weather to get through, right?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Baby boy is due December 7. And, yes, the weather is hot, hot, hot!!

Sweets were my problem last week. Gonna have a couple sane S days and then focus on three plates next week.
Last edited by tobiasmom on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I did a lot of thinking this weekend. I came to realize that I haven't really gave No-S a huge effort during this pregnancy. I TRY for part of the day and then I convince myself I am pregnant and NEED the snack or dessert!

I haven't done a lick of exercise. I'm just a big ball of excuses. The truth is this baby NEEDS a healthy mama! My 4 yr old son NEEDS a healthy mama. I am being super selfish right now.

No-S is genius. It is moderate. It is sustainable. It works!

so I'm back on the wagon...I am halfway in my pregnancy. I have a little less than 20 weeks left. My goal is going to be to maintain my weight. No loss/no gain. IF I'm following No-S and I do gain a little, I'm sure that would be from the baby growing!!

I say it often, but it is true. One day at a time.....

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 pm

I salute you! If there is any time to be choosy about what you eat, it seems this would be one. The highest quality food you enjoy is going to best for you and best for your baby. And moderate exercise will likely be a boon as well.

I don't know enough about your expectations regarding weight gain. I do know I have read of obese women actually losing some weight off their own bodies while they were pregnant, but went on to have easier deliveries than they had with previous births. I would think that if you are eating good meals three times a day, your body will do what it needs to grow the baby.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

tobiasmom

Day 1

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I agree that with my body weight now I do not need to gain another pound and could probably lose a few and have a perfectly healthy baby.

Day 1: SUCCESS!!! 3 plates. No snacks or seconds. Best of all, no sweets (even at the movie theater last night!). I also walked on the treadmill 30 minutes! It feels amazing to be taking care of my body finally!!

tobiasmom

Day 2

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

So I had a failure yesterday. I went to a homeschool coop meeting, and they had cheesecake there. I wasn't going to have any, but she handed me a piece and I took it. I very well could have said no, thanks, but I didn't. I kind of just blew it after that. I had a snack of pita chips and hummus when I got one and a piece of Bday cake at the Bday party we went to.

Today's a new day. I will NOT quit trying!!

tobiasmom

Wednesday and Thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Wednesday AND Thursday were failures. Sad.... Yesterday it was soda with dinner and a couple cookies in the afternoon. The sugar is such a stronghold for me. After reading these boards I am really encouraged and motivated. I don't need to eat everything I crave! I need to focus on following this plan with 100 percent compliance instead of looking elsewhere. It works. I just have to actually follow it. Easier said than done for me these days!
So.....today is Friday. It's a wonderful day for a SUCCESS!
21 weeks pregnant today. I'm feeling lots of movement. So fun! This little boy needs nutrients, not sugar!!!

tobiasmom

Friday

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:54 pm

I am soooooo happy to report a Friday SUCCESS! Yay! I walked around Sea World for about three hours.....and I am feeling it today!! I stayed away from the desserts last night at our church get-together. Feeling great.

Now for some Olympics.......I love it!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am

Good going, hon! :)

Glad you're feeling well ! Enjoy the olympics - yayyy!!!! :D

tobiasmom

Weekend

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I had a rather tame S weekend. I did have a piece of chocolate bundt cake each day, but I stuck with three meals otherwise. Saturday we went and exercised at the pool....and my legs are feeling it!

I am looking forward to another successful N day today. So happy to finally have my head back on straight!

ironchef

Re: Wednesday and Thursday

Post by ironchef » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 am

Belated Congratulations - and so exciting you are feeling movement!
tobiasmom wrote:This little boy needs nutrients, not sugar!!!
This is a great realization and was a strong motivator for me during pregnancy too (I'm 9 weeks post partum). Don't forget yourself though - mommy needs real food to stay well during pregnancy.

Keep at it! I wish I had worked on this habit earlier myself.

tobiasmom

Monday

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:29 pm

Day 4: SUCCESS! It feels so great to be finally working the program the way it is meant to. Three plates, period! This entire pregnancy I have added things here and there....and it just wasn't working! Vanilla No-S is where it's at.

Going shopping for some new Crocs for the boy along with lunch with a friend today. Hoping to get some walking in around the mall.

Let's have another wonderful N day, Everybody!

tobiasmom

Wednesday

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Day 6: SUCCESS! I fought hard for this one. I was tempted with a vanilla cone at Chick Fil A yesterday and a blondie and soda at Ruby Tuesdays last night. BUT I held my ground. Three plates, period. And I feel amazing this morning.

We did get some crazy news yesterday. It's normal when you are a military spouse, but it still is surprising. We r moving aGAiN...and right before the baby is born! Craziness.....

Sea World today. And then hopefully we will get some housework done!
Last edited by tobiasmom on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 am

Good for you! Great job!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

tobiasmom

Thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Day 7: SUCCESS!

Excited to report a full week of No-S success! Awesome!

Today I finally have a dr appt. I have not been seen since my 14 week appt...and i am 22 weeks today! so it will be great to hear the heartbeat and get my big ultrasound scheduled.

I have a ladies night out tonight with a good friend. Super excited for that. Dinner and pedis!

ironchef

Re: Thursday

Post by ironchef » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:49 pm

tobiasmom wrote:Day 7: SUCCESS!

Excited to report a full week of No-S success! Awesome!
Brilliant - what a great week, well done :) Enjoy your night out - sounds lovely.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! :D Congrats on our awesome week! Hope you are enjoying your ladies night out and that your doc appointment went well! Have a great weekend! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

Ruff

Post by Ruff » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:42 am

Oh well done! Congratulations on the great week. See...you CAN do it! And belated congratulations on the baby as well.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:48 am

YIPEE! Congrats from me, too! :) Have a great 'girly' night out :)

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks for stopping by my thread - we actually got home early Thursday morning and it was nice to come back here after being away for a month!

Good job on your No-S success and for making it through your halfway point with the baby - hope all continues to go well!

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Well....I've had a few failures in a row. We have VBS this week, and I have been exhausted afterwards and making bad choices....like an ice cream cone Monday night and a second dinner last night at 10pm!! Yikes.

I'm feeling good today, though. One day at a time. I'm not perfect. I can only strive to keep trying to do my best.

tobiasmom

Last week

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 pm

So I had a bad week of failures last week. I let busy-ness and stress get to me. I also just keep making dumb excuses to pretty much fail at this plan!

I read some encouraging posts on the main discussion page and I'm ready for a brand new week....starting this very minute!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow. Excited to see my little guy!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:14 am

Sounds like you're aware of what went wrong last week - best wishes for a better week this week! And exciting about the ultrasound, I hope all goes well.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:15 am

Just popping in to say all the best for the ultrasound, hon :) Exciting times!!

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:43 am

Ultrasound went well. He was super super active, though, so the tech thought maybe I should try to give up my morning cup of coffee. I am miserable these past two days, but I can see a noticeable difference in how much he is moving.

I am real convicted by how unhealthy I have eaten this pregnancy. I even tried to count WW points today...which was a total failure. I don't think I can obsess and count like that ever again. Seriously.

So I am committed to my three meals and NO caffeine and a bit of exercise each day!!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am

I'm glad all is well on your scan :)

Sorry to hear the coffee withdrawal is making you miserable. If it is any consolation, I gave up coffee and tea at the start of my pregnancy, and found it only took about 7 days for my symptoms (headache, tiredness) to end. So, even though it isn't fun, it doesn't last long. I actually haven't gone back to caffeine since I had the baby - I really like the feeling of not being addicted to it any more.

Don't beat yourself up about your eating up to now. All you can concentrate on is the next day, not what has gone by. The baby has been getting the nutrients he needs - as you say, the scan was all good. Forget points and calories, fill three plates, get some lovely veggies and fruits on there every day, and you'll be well on your way. You can do this!

tobiasmom

Monday

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Monday: SUCCESS

Walked 30 minutes!

I'm really serious now! I've been transferred to high risk OB because of my blood pressure. they are doing tons of tests and monitoring me. So I'm back to daily walking and three meals for good!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 am

Oh, no! Take good care of yourself - hope the BP doesn't get worse!

tobiasmom

Week 1

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:56 am

This week is going so much better. I've had all green days and walked 30 minutes a day. It's been a bit of a stressful week because my son got bit by a bug and his foot swelled up. It is finally getting better with Prednisone. but he is a hyper maniac on it! Ha...

Finally feeling a little control. The walking is really helping, and my blood pressure is down! Yay. Cooking at home again is really helping. We have just been eating out way too much. My portions are MUCH better at home.

I cut out caffeine completely also. I'm drinking decaf coffee.

Baby is doing well. He is moving tons. Love it! 25 weeks on Friday!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am

Way to go! Good to hear you are doing better!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 am

Way to go tobiasmom, sounds like you're having an awesome week. Hope things continue to improve, especially with the blood pressure.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

So glad to hear this! Keep up the great work - you're doing awesome!

tobiasmom

Thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

SUCCESS...and 30 minutes of walking. Hubby is training for another half marathon now so that's helped me to get on that treadmill! Ribs with salad and a little Mac and cheese last night for dinner. Delish. Then we went to the pool last night for a little swim. Tobias just LOvES the pool now! Hubby and the boy had popcorn last night. It did smell good.....but I stuck to my guns!! Looking forward to another successful day. Chicken with mashed potatoes tonight!

tobiasmom

Friday

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Another SUCCESS yesterday! 30 minutes walking too. I can say I feel a huge difference. I physically feel much better. I know my blood pressure is better. I'm even down a few pounds this week. This way of eating is amazing....pregnant, breast feeding, or not! I like that I don't have to switch plans!

Tonight we are having a few couples over for dinner. I'm making stuffed shells and garlic bread. One person is bringing dessert so depending on what it is I will probably have a small serving and that's it. No need to go completely crazy. I plan to enjoy my food but most of all enjoy the company!!

I'm getting a pedicure with my neighbor today. I love a little pampering here and there!!

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Saturday!

tobiasmom

Saturday

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

S DAY!

I had my three meals. I did enjoy a small second serving of dinner (stuffed shells, garlic bread, and salad) and one small serving of peach cobbler dessert. I also had a coke with dinner....which I have been trying to avoid because of the caffeine. I walked 30 minutes. It was definitely a sane S day for me. LOVING this!!

tobiasmom

Sunday

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm

S DAY! I had three meals. One root beer. That's it. No walking yesterday. Sundays are pretty busy. Down 1.6 lb this week. Doc will probably be happy about that!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

What a sane couple of S days. Go you! I'm hoping to get there in a few more months too :)

tobiasmom

Monday

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks, Ironchef....but this No-S journey has been a very long process for me. The most important for me has been working on the N days. Once I get mostly green, then I can focus more on sane S days. But now that I'm pregnant and having some blood pressure issues, I just have to suck it up on the weekends and watch it!

Monday: SUCCESS! 30 minutes walking. Three rather yummy meals yesterday. Today I have an EKG and then a mom's play group. I don't expect the EKG to show anything. But tomorrow is my big dr appt to find out all my test results and make sure all is well! I do think following strict vanilla No-S and walking every day is going to show tomorrow! I'm really feeling good. Of course I have the normal sore hips....but I don't think I can avoid that one anymore!!

We have gotten closer to a name! We are down to two! Ha...

tobiasmom

Wednesday

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Well, yesterday was a fAIL, but not a horrible go-crazy fail. I still had three meals and no snacks or seconds.....and I swam last night laps for 20 minutes. But I had a soda with lunch and a small bag of Famous Amos cookies with lunch. To be honest, they were both disgusting! I also had a pretty bad stomach ache the rest of the day.

The part that bugs me is the reason I had the soda and cookies. Emotion AGAIN! I had my dr appt yesterday, and the labs were all normal!! No diabetes. No protein in my urine. My blood pressure was still up. Weight was down half a pound. But this was a new doctor, and he was horrible. Really rude. He walked in and said, "So why are you here?". It just made me mad and I ate that emotion!

The good thing is I called the nurse and found out he is like that to every patient and I don't have to see him again!! So I'm going back to the normal good doctor in two weeks for another growth ultrasound. The appointments every two weeks are kind of annoying because I have a 4 year old to get child care for each time, but I am glad they are watching everything closely!

Today is a new day. I'm making Asian peanut butter pork tenderloin in the crockpot for tonight. I love that recipe. I also am going this morning with a friend to register at Babies R Us for my baby shower coming up. So fun!!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 am

Asian peanut butter tenderloin? That sounds good!

tobiasmom

Thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:04 am

SUCCESS! Three meals. 30 minutes walk.

The peanut butter pork was delicious! The recipe is from A Year of Slowcooking website.

tobiasmom

S Days

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

I took Friday and Saturday as S days this week. Yesterday wasnt too over the top. We ate out for lunch...no soda! Dinner was leftovers at home, but I had a snack or two. Today we have a BBQ to go to. I had pancakes for breakfast and had some juice with lunch and shared some popcorn. I'm hoping to eat a moderate amount at the BBQ...but I will enjoy myself!! Haven't walked the last two days....and that makes me feel sluggish!

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 am

So I ended up taking Monday as an S day.....and then Tue and Wed kind of trailed over into failures. I also haven't been walking. So those two go hand in hands for me.

Today's a new day. I'm planning for success and a nice walk. Gotta hit the grocery store today. We are making good progress with school so far....week 8 of homeschooling kindergarten. Planning to hit the pool tonight too!

tobiasmom

Thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 am

SUCCESS! But no workout. I've hit the sore back stage. I'm trying to do exercise but just doing my daily household chores and taking care of a 4 year old 7 months pregnant is enough for now. Doing my best.

I've decided to reread the No-S book. Very motivating! I'm also going to go back to making homemade treats on the weekends. So tasty and much more worth it!!

Also would like to keep a monthly record...

9.6: SUCCESS!
9.7: S DAY
9.8: S DAY
9.9:

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 am

All is well here. I've managed to maintain the same weight this entire month!! That makes me super happy considering I know the baby has gained some. Just taking it one day at a time...

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 am

Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:16 pm

FANTASTIC! :)

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 am

Well done tobiasmom, that's awesome! So pleased for you.

tobiasmom

Tuesday

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Had a great day yesterday. I have a dr appt today. Not sure if they are doing the growth ultrasound today or not.

I am loving just cooking normal food. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner last night. It was delicious...and not counting points or measuring, etc., is just so enjoyable!

Haven't done so hot with the exercise, but to be honest just walking around the house is exercise these days. He is starting to cut down my room for air! Ha....

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Such exciting times!!!!! Sometimes just playing around with a four year old can be exercise. I think my third labor wold of went better had I been in better shape. Not preaching or anything just trying to motivate.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

tobiasmom

Friday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:39 am

Been hanging in there! Yummy ribeye with horsey mayo and baked potato last night.

I have the level 2 ultrasound this afternoon. Apparently my blood pressure medication CAN cause shortening of the baby's limbs...so that's why they are doing the special measurements. So far his growth has been fine. But if it's affecting him at all, they will need to change my meds. They have been avoiding that like the plague so far cuz that could really push my blood pressure over the edge.

So I've just gotta do my part and keep my weight down....and get some exercise!!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Wow I never had a level 2 ultrasound. I hear they are really cool. I hope it goes well. Take time to enjoy yourself too!!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

tobiasmom

Ultrasound

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:44 am

All is well. Ultrasound showed his limbs are all normal. Growth is fine. He is almost 3 pounds! He is also breech at the moment. My labs were all normal...except the doc said I need to drink more water. I guess some test showed that.

I had dessert and way too much dinner this evening...so that would be a failure for today. But I'm just doing the best I can these days!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 am

Glad to hear your scan results are all normal - must be a relief.

You're doing really well. I wouldn't start counting dessert on S days as "failure", just keep focus on N days and hang in there.

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Ironchef: it was a Friday for me yesterday so that's why it was a failure. Desserts ate totally acceptable today (Saturday)!!! Ha...

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Good news! Having babies involves so much these days! I realize that it is all precaution but it can lead to so much worry. Keep hanging in there!
Maintenance is progress.

ironchef

Re: Hey

Post by ironchef » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:38 pm

tobiasmom wrote:Ironchef: it was a Friday for me yesterday so that's why it was a failure. Desserts ate totally acceptable today (Saturday)!!! Ha...
Ah, I see. Australian time difference plus mommy brain = fail :)

Happy S days!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 am

Hey tmom! Just wanted to say I think you are doing BRILLIANTLY to even attempt No S whilst expecting! If it were me, I think I'd use pregnancy as the perfect excuse to "eat for two! !! :) :wink:

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, I kind of somehow got a bit off track slowly but surely without realizing I was doing it. A little bite here and there, no walking one day...and then the next, et cetera. So it's back to the basics again today. I need to be more mindful of what I'm doing. Three meals. Some walking. It's tough now that I've entered the uncomfortable part of pregnancy, but I know it will make labor and the very end that much easier. One day at a time.

Baby boy is doing wonderful. Kicking like crazy and growing!!

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am

All is going well. I'm 30 weeks today. My blood pressure spiked badly this week so they had to increase my meds. They are monitoring me closely. I've been to the hospital three times this week! Baby boy is doing awesome! My blood pressure is now under control.

Thanks to following No-S pretty closely I have not gained any weight in more than a month! That's a good thing for me and my blood pressure.

Still haven't picked a baby name...

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Blood pressure was an issue for me in late pregnancy as well. They had me lay on my left side for 2 hours every day. Hang in there!
Maintenance is progress.

Strawberry Roan

Re: Hey

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 am

tobiasmom wrote:All is going well. I'm 30 weeks today. My blood pressure spiked badly this week so they had to increase my meds. They are monitoring me closely. I've been to the hospital three times this week! Baby boy is doing awesome! My blood pressure is now under control.

Thanks to following No-S pretty closely I have not gained any weight in more than a month! That's a good thing for me and my blood pressure.

Still haven't picked a baby name...

So glad to read the baby is doing well, Sorry about the blood pressure thing but that isn't terribly uncommon in pregnancy, especially late in the game. Hang tough, you're almost home. Is your four year old getting excited?

No weight gain in more than a month this far along is great!!!

Edited today today, meant to say weight GAIN, not weight loss :D
:wink:
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Just wanted to update that things are going well with my increased meds. Blood pressure is staying down. I will be 32 weeks this week. I have another growth ultrasound this week. I know for a fact he is growing! My belly is really sticking out now! Ha.

I haven't done as well on No-S as I would like, but I'm hanging in there. Gonna do my best these next two months and then after baby is born will continue on! The sweets have been the biggest problem. No excuses. Pregnant or not...I don't need all that sugar!

I'm re-reading the No-S book right now too!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 am

Good to hear you are doing well with your pregnancy. It also sounds like you are at least working towards maintaining some good eating habits, and I would bet you are doing better than you would have pre No S!
Maintenance is progress.

tobiasmom

34 weeks

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Six more weeks to go. I wish I could say I've been following No-S faithfully... I HAVE been trying! Baby boy is growing like crazy now. I think he is close to five pounds now. I feel huge, but I'm feeling pretty good.

I love No-S. I'm still re-reading the book. I plan to really focus on my N day habits this next six weeks and forget about S days for now. Those will get saner with time.

tobiasmom

Day 1

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I am starting with the basics all over again. I'm shooting for 21 days!

Yesterday, Day 1, was a SUCCESS!! I am focusing exclusively on N days right now. The book says that's where the focus should be. I always get hung up on how wild S days are....but then I'm not even green on N days all week. So first things first!! I would just love to have six weeks of successful N days leading up to my delivery! That would put me on great track for taking off the baby weight! This is a habit just like other habits. One day at a time I will change my bad habits...namely sweets!!!

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm checking in after a long hiatus!
Congrats on BABY BOY coming soon! I just found out I'm having another boy, too! (20 weeks) GO BOY MOMMAS!
Glad to see someone pursuing healthy interests while pregnant. It will make the "after" so much easier, right?
I totally relate on the "sweets" front. There is no rhyme or reason for that much, right?
Take care of yourself, Liz
Liz

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi tmom! Great to hear everything is going well with your good self! Congratulations on your No S success and continuing journey. It can't be easy when you're expecting ! (for me it was any excuse to eat what I like, :oops: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: ) so good for you and great job!

Take care and bye for now!!

All the very best from Roxy :) :)

tobiasmom

Day 2

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Day 2: SUCCESS!!

Three plates, no sweets. It's that simple. I WILL create this habit! I got pretty hungry between meals, but of course it didn't kill me. I'm sure my body is gonna get used to it quickly. I am making sure to eat enough for my little boy in my tummy!!

I will NOT get on the scale...especially since i am gaining baby weight quickly at the end.....

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:02 pm

I had a successful day yesterday as well. Cheers to us!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:09 pm

go mommies!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

ironchef

Re: Day 2

Post by ironchef » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 am

tobiasmom wrote:Day 2: SUCCESS!!
Well done you :)
I will NOT get on the scale...especially since i am gaining baby weight quickly at the end.....
Good plan. Also, don't be too quick to jump on the scale afterwards either! I spent 9 weeks post partum eating like a sugar addicted horse, before I found No-S. Your hormones are all over the show, water retention comes and goes, and so on. I've now lost all the baby weight, but my little guy is 5 months old.

So, be prepared for a marathon, not a sprint. Don't sweat it if you have a few days (or weeks) off habit. It's great to have green days, but it's just as important that you just keep getting back up. I know you'll get there in the end.
Last edited by ironchef on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobiasmom

Day 3

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Day 3: SUCCESS! I had to work for this one. At bible study last night there were tons of treats. I just grabbed a cup of water and stayed out of the kitchen. I have increased my water intake substantially (about 100 oz water now). It is amazing how much better I feel!

Iron chef: thanks for the warning! I am gonna take it one day at a time and stay off the scale. I know that first month is soooo tough with no sleep and learning to breast feed, etc. I know I will also be hungrier....

Eschano: yay! We are working little by little toward those 21 days!!

tobiasmom

Day 4

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am

Day 4: SUCCESS! Four green days in a row....feels awesome!! Looking forward to another green day and then we will see how S days go this weekend. I'm slowly but surely changing my mindset!

Have a great weekend, Everybody!