Cynthya Starts Over!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Cynthya

Cynthya Starts Over!

Post by Cynthya » Mon May 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Kinda peeved with myself that I didn't keep going when I started several weeks ago ... I'm back at my starting weight. That's okay -- I don't EVER intend to see those numbers on my scale again!

I tried going back to counting calories -- let's face it, that's not sustainable over time (or, for me, longer than about three days!) No S makes more sense than anything else I've seen. What's that saying? "Begin as you intend to proceed."

That's my plan!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Yea! Keep going this time. We're here for ya!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Lily x

Post by Lily x » Tue May 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Other diet plans and counting calories always will look tempting at times. Goodness knows I've been tempted by enough of them and seduced by the promise of faster weight loss :) :oops: It never seems to work out that way though, does it?

But doing No S is a great way to work on losing your 'Diet Head'. And you're by no means the only person who's got off to a false start on this way of eating. I'm another returner, determined this time to keep going no matter what!

Good luck with your new start - not that you need luck, just three yummy meals a day! :)

Cynthya

One day down!

Post by Cynthya » Tue May 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks for the encouraging messages!

Day 1 was a great success!

Cynthya

Back from Intermittent Fasting Hell

Post by Cynthya » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Giving No S another (hopefully more persistent!) try, after trying the "Delay, Don't Deny" route for over a year, with no success whatsoever. I did learn that I can fast up to 22 hours a day and not die. I also learned that, when my window opens, I binge-eat like the old days before I fixed my disordered eating. Stupid.

So three meals a day it is, saving sweets (which I've been eating every day in my "window") for the weekend. I truly believe in the sanity to be found in No S. I hope it will result in sustainable weight loss as well.

Cheers!

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:19 am

Welcome back Cynthia.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

JJW

Post by JJW » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 am

Welcome back Cynthya! I had also been doing (or trying to do) IF/OMAD for some time and found my eating really spiraled out of control. Looking forward to the sanity and stability of No S this year!!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Welcome back Cynthia! Enjoy the gentle boundaries of NoS and saving of desserts for S Days.

You've been a member a long time! Are you dealing with needing to lose weight or are you just looking for some nice structure?
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2