Deb's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:20 am

Hey Guys!
I had a great day... Finally! LOL...
Eating was very NoS friendly... Only one teeny glitch which was that I bought a can of pepsi and drank about half of it, then threw away the rest..
I had just done 3 hours of chair massage at a really nice corporate chair massage gig... The other guys working were really nice too...
I had one more hour to go, and frankly, after about 15 massages, I was in need of some kind of boost... Other than that, today was great..
I had grapes, coffee and a pbj sandwich for breakfast..
Half a roastbeef sandwich (which I nabbed skillfully when I was leaving that chair massage event, heh heh heh... no one in the meeting will notice that half a sandwich was gone missing from the large catered meal left unattended in some board room!!!! LOL.. Mwah hah ha hah hah!!!! LOL...)
And then for dinner I had some leftover chinese cold sesame noodles and half a hot dog... LOL....
I did my little Body Flexing, too, which after four hours of massage wasn't really what I wanted to do... and I also have my period so let's just say I am not really ready to run out and dance the tango right now~

I had a really really great conversation with a friend who I've been wooing somewhat, and we got some confusion cleared up and it was just great to be able to let down the guard and get to know a bit more about this wonderful person.. (who, for their privacy, shall remain anonymous on this board! LOL...)
This was a fun fun day..
I liked making money too!!! I should do this more often...

Is is Saturday yet???
LOL...
See you all manani!
Peace and War to Fat! (Richard made that one up!!! Yay Richard!! LOL)
8) Deb
Oh my Tonsha!!! Is our kitchen painted purple yet??? LOL..

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Deb:

You cracked me up with your Witch-like giggle!!!! I'm sure that no one noticed the roast beef sand!!!!

Fifteen massages, in a chair, huh? Do you want to come to that conference in NY next year? We will feed you, LOL

Seriously, it sounds like you are doing great.

Have a good day and hang one because we are halfway to the weekend.

XXOO Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:01 pm

Hey Drusky! I was trying to sound like Dr. Evil! LOL...
They were 10 minute massages with a 5 minute break in between..
But that is really still tiring...
Anyway.. I have a few big announcements to make...

1. My internet service was finally disconnected because Verizon must have figured out I haven't paid the bill! LOL.. I'm writing from the library now...
I'm actually really fine with this because I was just sitting inside waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much and it was sucking up my Prana! If I go to the library, I get out of the house, a good thing, I see other people, another good thing, and I am obviously not going to lose sleep over staying up too late on the comp because the library closes at 9! LOL... I don't plan on sleeping here so that will be my curfew...

2. This is really really big guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I went to weigh myself at the club this morning, and then go to the supermarket above it for some really groovy produce (bok choy, carrots, artichokes....) I found out that, firstly, I lost a teeny bit more since last week, and I still have my period so I will be off for another week till my body gets back into balance, and I am down another half an inch on my waist, but way more importantly,,,,the best news came today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My EVIL MANAGER WHO WAS MAKING ME MISERABLE ENOUGH TO WANT TO QUIT MY JOB WAS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, just demoted, which means she won't be at our club anymore, and she will be back in the city as a lowly assistant!!!

SHE'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I just got a new lease on life!
(Dru!!! Now I am cackling like a crazy witch!!! LOL.....)

Well I'm really really sorry I won't be able to post that much anymore guys... You know I am with you in my thoughts and heart...
I'll be checking in as much as I can though...
And really missing you guys, especially on my emails...
Nathan... Call me sometime this weekend or next week and we will work out the details of our get together in a few weeks!!! I am excited!
I can still check my email, but it will be pretty infrequent...

Tonsha, all I can say is you are still my partner!!!!
I am thinking of you and sending you all my best prayers and hopes for continued rocking in the NOS world!!!!

Peace and Love and renewed career Happiness!!!
8) Deb

So (weep, sob, sniff) signing off for now....
I'll try to check in tomorrow..
Hugs to you all!!!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey Deb, I'm glad to hear that your evil manager is finally gone. Good riddance!!!

Sorry you will not be posting as often, but maybe that won't last. You never know how things will turn around.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:46 pm

Well here I am at the library again!!! LOL...
Thanks Jan...
I was just about to bail and jump ship from that sinking vessel and I was pretty bummed about that as well... Looking round for new work is usually so stressful and depressing... I am so happy I am getting a chance to just rebuild a good business at that club... It was starting to happen, and as long as I remain present there and people see and try me in demos, I am sure this will happen!!!
Hallelujah praise the Lord..
I have been praying and praying for help for days now...

On a diet note...
Today turned into an S day as soon as I got that news!!! LOL...
I ate a lot of cheetos! LOL...
Tomorrow back to the NOS grind! and back to
YOGA YOGA YOGA!!!

Peace and Love,
Have a nice night yalls
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:05 am

Deb:

I am seriously gonna miss you my friend!! Your support is an intregal part of the motivation for me. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Hey, I knew that manager was gonna be history. You must be relieved.

Keep in touch. Don't spend too much time at the library now. :lol: :lol:

You can always call me at home.

Big Hugs,
Dru

peetie

Post by peetie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:56 am

Deb, I second the emotion. Will miss you terribly if you are scarce around here. You made me feel SO welcome from Day One.

Hope you either get another hook up at home soon, or set up housekeeping at the library.

Love,
Peetie

navin

Post by navin » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:45 am

Me too.

Perhaps you can find somebody who works for Verison or another ISP, and trade massages for an internet connection. :)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:16 am

Deb

I don't really believe in coincidences. I think it is fortuitous that positive things have been happening to you personally and at work, *and* you lost your Internet account as well. These are all very upbeat changes that you can monopolise on - and it sounds like you are in the right attitude to do just that! :D

Half an inch off your waist! FAN-FLIPPIN'-TASTIC!

Only two more days before S Day. Let's both see how good we can do before we relax and slob it for the weekend! :twisted:

DaveA
"The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on" - Brian Wansink

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:47 am

I'm with Tonsha. Generally this is all great news!! I'll miss your cheery presence but I'm sure it's better to get out and see people in the library, rather than sit inside on "T'interweb" all day.

Great news about your evil boss!! I had one of those who also got fired / demoted / moved out of the way too, so I can definately feel your joy right now. YAY! GoGo evil-boss-busting-action!! :lol:

love,
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:27 pm

Thanks guys!!!! You are all the greatest!
I'm at the library now!! LOL...
I brought a small couch and my own refrigerator and coffee station so I could be all at home! LOL...
Just kidding...

Really you are all my great buddies and I will certainly not be totally gone, but I just will be limited here... Which, as Tonsha and CJ said, is actually, a good kind of restriction... But it will be hard, because I am sooo accustomed to laughing out loud at everyones comments (including and quite often, at my *own* LOL!!) that I will have to figure out how to laugh "Library style"!!..
I don't want to get shushed! LOL... Wow, but the lack of coffee here is totally lame!!!!
Hey, but I can check out the small percentage of cute men wandering about, which is really not possible in a cyber setting... LOL...
Okay folks..
Two more days till the weekend... To be honest, I am really not looking foward to much of a crazy weekend.. Yesterday was really snack central, so a moderated S weekend is what I actually want to have...
Last weekend we bought THREE pints of Haagen Daz! LOL.. It was one of those times where one flavor just wouldn't have been enough... This weekend will not be as excessive...
Thanks again for the well wishes on the job front and the "Down with the lame-o-horror ex manager!!!" Battle cries!!! LOL...
Okay, off to Yoga now!
Love and Hugs!
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:29 pm

Deb:

Why don't take Richard to go to the library after school? He can do his homework while you are on the internet.

Just an idea.

Dru

PS. Three pints of Hagan Daz, eh? What flavors? (Can you tell I am getting close to Saturday? LOL)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey Drusky!
Chocolate, Butter Pecan, and Richard chose a Ben and Jerrys called
something like "Everything But"... I can't remember..
It had everything thrown into it...
LOL..

So, had a great day today and good Yoga practice...
My period is still dragging me down energetically a bit, but that will soon lift... I am happy because some of the members of the club, who haven't seen me for several weeks, are making nice comments about how I look these days!!!
A lady told me she thought my face looked thinner and it seemed like I was down a few pounds from last time she saw me..
The other day, my friend at the health food store noticed that my waist is shrinking down too!!! I was wearing a clingy Yoga shirt which didn't leave much to the imagination, so I guess that was pretty cool...

Richard does his homework within the first hour or so of being home from school... It's just more fun to have the whole evening for relaxing over dinner and maybe a video...
He's been practicing sax in the morning around 8:30 before he leaves for school, which starts at 9:15....
It's going great!!! He can already play Herbie Hancock's
"Watermelon Man"!!! What a cutie pie!!!

Okay time to split from this joint and go and make dinner...
Movie for tonight is "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming"...
Anyone out there ever see this??? As I remember, it was pretty amusing...
LOL...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Richard has good taste. That "Everything" ice cream is great.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and double triple yeah on those compliments :lol: :lol:

Don't you just love it when that happens????

Have a grateful night...

Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Had a great day today!!!
Strangely, I didn't eat anything until 4pm... LOL..
I then had a nice fresh carrot and a nice leftover piece of pizza...
Before that I had about 3 cups of coffee...

I took out some amazing music from the library (a perk of not being in the house)
The Mahavishnu Orchestra
"The Lost Trident Sessions"...
I recommend this very very very highly...
It is crazy wicked sick good!!!!

I did my crazed breathing stretching primal screaming exercise, had an out of body experience,,,,
And here I am now...
I also sang along with some old concert tapes of when I was in college (18 years ago!!! LOL..) and rerecorded them with a karaoke machine!!! LOL...
Then I baked a bunch of potatoes, and we will be eating those with some melted cheese (and Mom is having melted Soy Monterey Jack! LOL...)

All in all a great flippin day....
Also, Richard is getting really really good at playing saxophone!!!
Yay!!!

Enjoy having "S" this weekend everyone!!! :wink:
Ha ha....
Love,
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:30 pm

Deb, that sounds like a fun day. :D :D

I hope you have a great weekend.

Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:36 pm

You too Dru!
Hugs!
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:50 pm

I just wanted to say hi to Navin! LOL..
Thanks for calling yesterday...
For those of you who are curious, he has a very cool voice!!!!
Like some kind of movie star!!! LOL...

Well this library deal totally sucks!!!!!
I never have enough time to write as there's a one hour limit per session!!!
And I really miss you all!!! :lol:

But my update is that I'm starting to plateau a bit again with my weight...
But I expect that to change with perseverence!!!!!
I am still upbeat and a believer!!!
My NoS has been excellent and I think I may have just chosen a few too many ice cream flavors these days... :wink:
My sit on my ass/exercise ratio is not so great these days, and at my age, I have to get my movement up way more to burn calories..
But I am still Yoga'ing, and actually quite often when I have time at home, and my crazed breathing stretching is going okay too, but I'm convinced now, that I will have to double my practice to get the results I want...
That's what's recommended.. twice daily.. before breakfast and dinner...
So, I'll start that up tonight!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:14 pm

Plateauing is normal. I don't think our bodies could adjust if we kept losing consistently. The whole system needs a chance to rest. And, to me, Deb, success is measured in the fact we aren't bingeing our lives away the way I was doing.

You seem to know what to do to tweak things, but I do remember periods of time when I was dieting religiously and still plateaued, so with weight loss, as in most of life, don't expect a straight line from Point A to Point B. Expect the zig zags....and I don't mean rolling papers!!!

Love,
Peetie
Obviously a teenager in the 60's

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:53 pm

I prefer Big Bambu, Peetie my "ex" degenerate California Hippie Friend!!!! LOL...

So I'm down another half a pound guys!!!
I might as well give my totals for the last month...
Well, let's start off with the fact that sometime before my second 21 day challenge (attempt) with Tonsha, I had gone up about 2 lbs... So I was mildly freaking out... Then when I made my big "Secret announcement" and told you I lost a lot of weight, it was a few weeks later and I dropped 4 lbs total, and as of this week, I'm down that extra half pound, so
drum roll,,,,,,,,
Post period bloaties,,,,

I'm down 4.5 lbs since roughly a month and a half ago!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny, because my mindset is truly changed these days... I used to think a big fluctuation in weight was something like 10-15 lbs...
Now I feel even 1 or 2 lbs is a kind of "wake up call"... This is really good...
I have obviously raised my standards here, and a pound or two change can signal a big alarm or it can also call for a giant celebration!!!
Mainly, it never gets to the point where we all feel desperate or drowning in our weight ups and downs (well obviously I mean the downs part...)
So long as we listen, we have the power to get right back on track!
Yay!!!!!!

So thanks to all my homies here!!!!
And special thanks to Reinhard, for creating a plan that I know is working for me and I know will always work for me!!!
When I think about it, this is the absolute longest I have stuck to a plan of eating, ever (with the exception of the "Binge like there's no tomorrow plan" which I used to be in... LOL..)
And since I have lived through a whole Winter before, on NoS, I also know that my gains (which are really *losses* LOL..) will not be lost during those months of unending inertia!!! (Ugh, can you see the rainy weather is already bumming me out!!!)

I believe this year will be even more of a triumph because I have 10 times more enthusiasm for this and for all the different types of exercise I enjoy as well!!!
My only regret is that we don't have video conferencing available here! LOL...

Have a great evening! See you manana...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:19 am

Hey Deb!

THATS FANTASTIC!!! :D

Wow. Great going.

I had a nice 'stepping on the scales' thing on Monday too. I'm down to 91.5kg. (almost exactly 200lb) for the first time in about a year. This puts me back in the 'overweight' category for my BMI rather than 'Obese'! (BMI 29.9) !!

I know it's just a label and largely meaningless, but it's somehow quite pleasing. Got quite a way to go yet (should really get down to about 75kg, that's 35 lbs to lose) but I'm not in any hurry as long as it keeps heading roughly in the right direction.

Anyhow, keep up the good work!
C.
CaroleJo

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:34 pm

Deb:

4.5 makes me smile. Congrats.

If you feel you facing a plateau hop on your favorite machine a few times this week. The sweating seemed to light a fire under my booty.

Hugs,
Dru

P.S. I want to know what celebrity Navin sounds like? Southern accent? Give me a hint.

PPSS. For all of you interested: I did speak to Deb and she has a very nice accent. Kind of a mixture of East Coast, New Orleans and Washington State... :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:52 pm

He sounds like Matthew McConnaghe... (SP??? )
Real sexy like!!
LOL...
Have a great day Dru et all yall's...
Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:33 pm

I had the pleasure of speaking to Dru on the phone and she sounds like a hot, sexy California beach girl. Very sweet.

Too bad this medium doesn't include voices. It really does seem to personalize things.

Peetie

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:18 pm

Deb, 4.5 pounds is great! No wonder your pants fell down! I'm glad that you can see this in such a positive light.

YAY DEB!! SHE'S OUR GIRL! GO! GO! GO!

As far as plateauing (sp?) goes, I've no idea how to deal with it since I've not been doing the diet for long enough. I'm pretty sure it's just around the corner for me though (like in another week or so). I expected a 'no change' on the scales this week, to be perfectly honest.

Just keep working at it and developing those mental muscles whenever you are tempted! Tonight has been a bit of a struggle tonight (Tuesday), but so far, I am staying strong! I've just made my butties for tomorrow, and now I'm going to SG before heading for bed.

Take care, chicken!

DaveA

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:53 pm

Deb, I am tickled pink over your weight loss. It's a significant amount, and you should be proud of yourself. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:05 am

Thanks everyone!!!
Hugs and shnugs!!!! (that's a special Debbie kind of hug! LOL..)
Jan, I will be certain to tickle you again soon! LOL...
Thank you very much :lol:
I am proud!

Richard told me he thought I looked thinner since this Summer!!! Woo hoooooo! If anyone will be honest with me about my looks, it's him...
He has told me stuff in the past like "Mom, I don't mean to be mean or anything, but,,,,,,,,,,", etc... Then he would go and tell me that my pants or shirt didn't look quite right (aka "bad" LOL!!)
I can always count on him telling it to me straight.

Dave, thanks soooo much for your "Go Deb go!!!"
I am reelin'and a rockin' babe!!!!
Hugs out to Salford! LOL..
Thanks for keeping up with me! We are partners till the end!

Also, I'd say don't anticipate a plateau, just go with the flow! LOL...
(Cheesy rhyme, but the meaning is still worth heeding..)
You are doing great man!!!!!
Squaw will certainly stop looking at Reinhards "During" picture, once she sees you in a year from now! (or before!!!)
LOL...

Anyway, after all, NoS is really, maintenence style eating with a bit of a tweak... I gladly accept the overall speed of it, if that means I can eat lovely *FOOD* all the time!!! LOL.. (well not all the time, but you know what I mean...) I also realize that plateaus are just places for our minds and bodies to "hang out" and take inventory, so to speak, of ourselves.. Kind of like doing a "landscape survey"...Where we are going, is based on where we have been, and it's necessary to have a still point to acclimate to *wherever* we are now!

And,,,,,
Take care, chicken!
How did you know my nickname in junior high and high school was
"Chicken Debs"!!!???? LOL...
Actually, my art teacher, a great guy named Roy Bellard, who was from Britain too, gave it to me...
I don't know what I did to earn it though??? LOL...
Maybe it's a British thang!

So, I'm all disoriented sitting here in a large public library with a million fluorescent lights killing my light sensitive brain, I'm gonna wrap it up soon.
Wishing you all
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:59 am

I'm still pretty brain dead from work-overload this week, but I just want to squeeze in a quick congratulations, Deb. You are the patron-postress of everyone for who has persisted through stubborn troubles with No-s, and it's wonderful to read about your continued successes.

navin

Post by navin » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:16 am

Indeed Deb... you're the star here! :)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:51 pm

Awwwwww shucks!!!!!!
Thanks guys!
LOL..
Hugs!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:21 pm

Just a little hello to all my friends here!
Wishing everyone a lovely and relaxing weekend!
I have a lovely concert with my friends Premik and Simon Seven lined up for Sunday... Hopefully it will stop raining sometime in our lives here in NY...
LOL!

Peace, Love and Blessings!
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:32 pm

Just want to say hi to you all..
I am totally aggravated with this no comp at home!
LOL...
I can't write what I want to say when I want to...
Wahhhhh!!!!!!!

No major diet news, but had a great S weekend with a small slice of cake and a few pieces of pizza...
Also had a reallllllly good falafel/shishkebab sandwich from
Mamouns in NYC...
It's still under five bucks for a sandwich!
Yay cheap eats!
Have a great day all....
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:17 pm

Hiya Chicken!

Glad to see my pardner is still rockin' and rollin' !! Keep strong, cos we're gonna shake the world! (or not...considering we're both trying to lose weight. But anyway...)

It must be a real bummer trying to do all your computer stuff at the library. Can you take floppy disks or usb pens in? 'cos then you could do all your mundane things at home (emails, daily check in, etc.) and then just cut and paste from your storage device into your email client/message boards. That might save you a bit of time. Give you more time to do it interactive stuff maybe.

btw, 'Chicken' is a common term of familiarity, normally used for the opposite sex or for people much younger than oneself. Up North anyway. A bit like 'luv' ("Alright luv?"). In Nottingham they use 'duck'. ("Alright me duck?"). HAH!

Hugs from across the pond.

DaveA

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:57 pm

Thanks Luv Duck!
LOL...
Hugs across the water!
See you later alligator!!!..
(this is starting to sound like Old Mac Donalds Farm!!!)

:wink: Yer Chicken Debs!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:30 pm

Hey guys!
I had a chocolate ice cream yesterday... No good excuse, but I will say that the stress of not having enough work is really putting me through major bad changes... :roll:
Still, instead of getting a pint of Haagen Daz (my first thought) I said, let's just get individual ice cream bars...
I never read calorie stuff anymore, but just out of curiosity I looked at the amount..
360 for a dark chocolate covered chocolate ice cream bar...

If I got a pint, I would have consumed twice that much... so I'm glad I restricted my "cheat"! LOL...

Hey Carolejo! I think there's a huge connection between stress and sugar cravings... Read your post but I'm replying here...
Yes, I think when we are both in more calm surroundings and feeling more stable, it will all get better since we will feel we have the motivation (and for me the money) to prepare good home made meals...
I'm doing that, to some extent now, but I could definitely have more healthful veggies in my life and sweet things like squash and sweet potato...
I'll try to make that tonight! Also I think I need some bananas since that helps me with potassium and healthy sugar...

Anyway,, I am really stressed...Who knew freelance work could be such a rollercoaster!
On the up side, it is a lovely sunny day and I will be doing a massage later in the office!
I'll be going to Florida Friday through Sunday, so I will be out of touch then...
I really miss having my computer at home too, and that is really making my day to day checkin's feel like a chore, if you can believe that!
And then I read about food and get hungry and have to leave!!! LOL...

Please all, send me your loving good vibes because I am terrible with stress and I need help!!!

Just cross all your fingers at once and put in a good word to the Cosmic forces!!!
Thanks yall :)

Peace and Love,
8) Chicken Debs!
LOL..

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:48 am

Hey Deb!

Yeah, I'm calling out to all non-specific deities for you. I'm sure it will settle down soon and things will get better.

In the meantime, keep recalling that amazing feeling when you realised your pants were falling down :lol:

If you have to stop checking in and posting quite as often, then do it. We'll all miss you, but we understand that it's pretty hard lugging yourself into the library every day! Perhaps doing it every other day instead might not be as bad.

Glad to hear that you didn't go the whole hog and eat a pint of icecream! You're right about stress and different surroundings making it harder to avoid junk, or even resist eating it. I'm sure looking forward to getting back home to Amsterdam now - It' lovely seeing everyone and it's been fun staying at my sister's house, but it's quite hard because I don't have any control over what or when dinner is. Hell, I don't even have much control over lunch either!

Anyhow, peace, love and an S free Thursday to you!
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:01 pm

Thanks CJ!!!!!
I have an interview today for a part time job which I hope I get!!!!!
I started out the day with a good breakfast to "arm" myself and I feel ready to Carpe Diem!!!
I hope my pants don't fall down in the interview!
See you later...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:24 pm

Hi Deb!
Good luck to you on the job, sure hope you get what you want or need! I'm in the same position looking for a job. We do run our own business but it has been struggling since June. I know what it's like being stressed over money.
Hang in there, I'm sure things will work out for you.

Love & Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm

Thanks CarrieAnn!!!
God Bless you and good luck too!
I think I had a nice interview and they said they'd let me know in a few days...
I also got a very very late back support check from my ex in the mail today! That will help in this transition phase!
Have a nice evening :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:19 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and also 'pushing my thumbs' (which is what the Germans do for luck!)

all the best,
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:07 pm

Danke baby, danke!!!
LOL...

I hope they let me know soon...
Have a nice weekend and keep your thumbs pushed out! LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:23 pm

I need to ask my Dutch colleagues what it is that they do for luck in the Netherlands, so I can do that as well :D
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Hey all... I met Navin finally!
LOL...
A really great guy!

He brought Richard and I some chocolate Kentucky Derby Mints!
It wasn't even an S day, and when I went to hide them, he told Richard exactly where I hid them when he came home!!!
The little devil!!! :twisted:

Well Nathan you are welcome back any time ya'hear???

Hey Betsy!
Thanks for the authentic North Carolina acorn!
I will treasure it for years to come! LOL.....

Hope the pics come out! LOL...

Have a great day yall...
I am waiting for my cars brakes to be repaired so I am writing from *another* library branch which is about 1/3 of a mile away from the repair shop....
I urban rangered a little!!!
So who is proud of me???????
Anyone.....
Huh, huh????
LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:01 pm

I'm *always* proud of you, Deb!

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks Car-lay-ho!!!! :wink:

That plant picture still cracks me up!!!!
It looks like you are some little old lady who lives in a plant~

LOL...
Have a nice evening!
Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:11 pm

So funny given that I'm big and young :lol:

I wonder what it is about the ageing properties of the plant..? I tell you what though, I sure wish I'd discovered it *before* the legal drinking age :lol: :twisted:

Have a great day!
C.
CaroleJo

navin

Post by navin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:31 pm

By popular request, here is a "during" picture of Deb and Richard:

Not bad, eh?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:31 pm

I am typing from
HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyy! No more library patrons who either
1. are coughing up a storm next to me
2. have some weird perfume on
3. forgot about the miracles of modern plumbing and showers!......

It feels sooooooo good to be here now!
Woo hoo...
Now I just need to keep up on those bills!!!!!

Quick update..
During the time I "strayed" from the conscious use of rules, I gained 1.5 lbs (though it's a bit hard to tell if that is real because I have my period coming this weekend and that's a pretty predictable gain...)
I expect to lose that by next week or sooner, as I am totally back to the rules verbatim....

I had Yoga for the first time yesterday after a month hiatus (maybe closer to a month and a half) and I must say that yesterday, the Yoga Gods kicked my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL...
Today I returned, and felt much, much better....
Infact it felt really great!!!!!

So, lessons learned....
It's easy to get back into bad eating habits and slothfulness, but thank God, and thank you Reinhard, for demystifying it all, and diffusing all the panic and gloom and doom, by recognizing and acknowledging, simply, as
habits....
Habits we can change....
NOW!

I also have had some work these days, so that is a great great thing!!!

Have a lovely night my friends,
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
ps... Nathan took a really cute pic of Richie and I from his visit here...
Hope he posts it soon~
Thanks Nate...

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:13 pm

Hi Deb!
So happy that you got some work and you can post from home. Nice pic of you and your son. Richard is very handsome, ladies watch out, when he gets older! You Deb are very lovely with a beautiful smile :D !

Love & Hugs!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:30 pm

Thanks so much Carrieanne!!!
Love and Hugs back!

Hey Nate, thanks for posting this....
LOL...

See ya laters....
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:05 am

Wow! What a great 'during' picture. I can really see a difference, Deb. You're looking FANTASTIC! 8)

Glad you're back online proper again. It's always nice not to have to charge off out to the library every time you have something you want to post.

Have a great Friday, S days are *almost* upon us again :twisted:

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:51 am

Thanks a lot CJ!

In reality, this was just a normal picture, from Nathans trip, and it really isn't intended as a "during" photo (though it is infact during! LOL..)
The reason is that, firstly, I'm only about 3 or 4 pounds different than my last one (though I think Yoga is changing me shapewise in a good way these days..) and also it was taken from a totally different angle and distance away from me...
I look smaller, cause I'm further away! LOL..
Trick of the photographer!
Nathan, you're hired!!!

I am still waiting eagerly for my friend who is supposedly going to send a copy of photos from her wedding in the Summer of 2004... When you see *that* one, you have my permission to compare it to these "during" photos, as that was when I started NOS...
I was like some kind of
Mt. Deb-more.....

(Ha ha like Mt. Rushmore... LOL.. That's not in England, or Amsterdam.. )

Have a good day!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:14 pm

Yo peoples!
LOL..

Well this is too weird...

Since Carolejo mentioned how I looked better, two other people I saw today, who haven't seen me for over a month, said I looked like I lost a lot of weight...
When I told them I have only gone down around 4 pounds or so since Summer, they said "Really????", in disbelief...

Yay!!!!

So please remember to enjoy the S days, and remember.....
This week we have three in a row!!!
Trick of treeeaaaat!!!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Debbie

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:47 pm

Hi Deb!
Yep, I'm making Holloween an S day also :D My hubby made a peach cheese cake today, Friday, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to have some. If I cave in and have some tonight that would be 4 S days and no way am I going to do that. Besides I can wait, anticipation will only make it better!
:lol:
You & Richard have a great weekend and enjoy your S days!

Love & Hugs!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:06 pm

Well hey, guys!

I am totally immobile today...
I didn't break anything...
Just sooooo lazy!!!!!!
LOL...

This is partly due to the fact that it's the third day of my cycle and yesterday, during the worst few days of it, I had to do two massage treatments at my office back to back..
Father and Son!
It went well, but I was very drained by the combination of circumstances..

I have been totally loving having my dsl back at home!!!
Mornings are mornings again!
Cup of coffee
Check posts
Not rush around too much!
Ahhh......

So I'm pretty excited about working for myself these days! The gym may become good again too, but unless they lower the ridiculously high hourly rate for non-members ($95 per hour) I doubt anyone will buy massages there! They haven't for over two months...
Fortunately, with the evil manager gone, and a new one there now, I got the nerve up to speak with the regional manager the other day...
He seemed pretty attentive and serious, as a listener and I was as respectful as I could be, with regard to his (the companies) rationale for raising the price, as that's what they charge in the NYC locations, but I urged him to believe that it will never ever work out here...
That's Spa rates, not gym rates...
We shall see... The other therapist who has been at that club for five years now, and who has a following, also expressed this concern...

So,,, Today has been a lazy lazy day...
I also haven't felt too inclined to indulge in any S's...
Yesterday I had four tiny pieces of chocolate after dinner..
That was enough...

I have really got a burning desire to do well this year guys!!!
Stats at the moment...
I'm in size 18 pants, and weigh about 206...
I would like to see myself in size 10 by next year!!!
I know this is a huge change... I figure, I'd rather set my sights high, rather than low...
If I end up in 14 or 12 size, I won't complain either..

My weight is another story... Ask Nathan guys... I don't feel my numbers match my appearance...
Visually, I feel I look more like I weigh around 190 ish...
So!
The other day, I put on some very heavy boots and walked around the malls for about 2 hours... They probably equalled around 6 pounds total...
I was shocked at how exhausting it was to carry that much extra weight...
My legs were killing me after too!
When I took them off, it was like I was liberated from the boots of bondage!!!! I felt light and airy again...
It was a very interesting reality check... I realize how much happier my body will be when I lose a bunch more of this weight!
I am very motivated!!!
I recommend that you all try on some heavy boots and then see how great it feels to take them off!!! :lol:

Okay... I'm rambling...
Feel cool...
Burned some sage today, had some coffee, listening to Jerry!
I'm relaxin...

Tomorrow... Must work towards goals!!!!

Have a fun evening!
Peace,
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:12 pm

Hi Deb!
You sound good! Good luck on your future goals, I'm sure that you can do it!
I had a wonderful 3 day weekend also. Had my interview for the job at the Credit Union yesterday and got a call today and have a second interview tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. Did Richard have a good Halloween?
Have a wonderful rest of the week, Deb!

Hugs & Love!
CarrieAnn

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:25 am

Thanks Carrieanne!
I feel great! Practiced Yoga at 8 am today! Boy did my arms get a thrashing!!! LOL.... Not sure why it made me so tight today..
Maybe it's the weather! LOL...
It's just so nice not to have to go out of the house to go online!!!
Yay..

Richard had so much candy last night he ended up telling me he thought he was going to barf! :lol:
LOL..

Have a wonderful rest of the week as well!
Love and Hugs!
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:00 am

gratefuldeb67 wrote:Thanks Carrieanne!
Richard had so much candy last night he ended up telling me he thought he was going to barf! :lol:
Boy do I miss those childhood days. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 pm

Ha ha Nathan!!! LOL...
Yeah! Those were the days!
All you needed in life was candy and everthing would be okay!
(Hmmm... Does it ever change?)

Well.. I got a shirt out from *this* Summer to wear to work..
Actually its the official NYH&RC "Massage Therapist" shirt, and lo and behold, from only about three months ago, it is feeling very comfortable and a perfect fit, whereas, when I first got it, it was fairly snug and uncomfortable...
I am really excited!!!
Not quite a "my pants fell down" moment, but I am certain it means I have "shrunk" some more...
Yay...
Well I'm going to weigh in, this morning and see how the numbers look..
I've had a string of very decent days, with at least 80% success, so let's see..
Have a great day yall!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Okay... So I checked my weight this morning and I'm losing again...
I've dropped about 3/4 of a lb from the week before, when I was up a pound and a half..
I'm heading back into the "green light" zone...
LOL..

The tide has turned... Good!!!
Tomorrow...
Yoga!!!
There's a class today too, but I'm just too bushed to go...
For some reason, this Fall thing, is putting me to sleep!!!
LOL..
Yawn..........

Only two and a half days left to S days!
I am certainly going to have Haagen Daaz...
I'm also planning on cooking some large portions of Chili and something else easy to reheat, and making enough for several dinners in advance..
Probably a really hearty soup of some kind will be good...
I'm getting into hot food again, to combat the infiltration of external cold!

Have a great night everyone!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Hee hee ha ha...
My "views" are over 7000 today! LOL...
It would be cool if for every 100 views I would lose one pound! LOL...
Then I'd be at high school weight!!! LOL...

Have a great NoS day guys...
I broke the rules yesterday evening...
No excuse, but a minor S... It won't happen again this week! LOL..
Richard and I had a cup of hot chocolate and the last of the apple cider donuts from Halloween... Just one each though and now they are gone into our bellies...
Having this in the house never works...
Then at three am I had a snack size candy bar which I tried to hide in a closet!!!!
:roll:
I think I'll have to put them in the trunk of my car to make it harder to sneak at three am!!!
Darn Halloween candy leftovers!!! :twisted:

Otherwise yesterday was very good and no snacks or seconds..
Actually at this point, I really don't snack anymore..

So see ya later yalls... :P
Peace and Love,
8) Debs...

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:35 pm

*chuckles* Sneaking candy out of the closet! Oh Dear.

Hey Deb, you know what they say... Closets are for CLOTHES, not for people and certainly NOT for candy bars :lol: :twisted:

At least with this you only have to be 80% good and the rest of the time takes care of itself.
Hang in there. Halloween candies will be gone in next to no time and then you'll only have to worry about the Thanksgiving ones :? :P

love C. xxx
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Ha ha!
I guess I should have said Cabinet..
Yeah..
My clothes are in my closet, not my candy bars! LOL....
At least with this you only have to be 80% good and the rest of the time takes care of itself.
Yeah... You got that right!
Have fun over there in the Niederlands!
Love,
8) Candy sneaking Deb!
(it won't happen tonight I promise!!! LOL...)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:47 pm

Okay... Halloween has been my bane this week...
I know, you are thinking, it was last week! LOL....
I have been nibbling on the candy, at least twice since then, in small amounts, but it's definitely stopping me from losing weight!
I haven't exactly been eating super spartan style these days, as my plates are going back into slightly loaded...
Well, that's no biggie... I'm not gaining, but I just am not losing!
Soon the candy will be gone!

Meanwhile, my exercise is going great, and people at the gym have been continuing to give me compliments, all said with that "once over up and down" thing people do when they are checking to see how much you have changed! LOL...
Yay!!!
I am back to my Yoga and loving every bit of it!!! I've even been focusing on stretching some seriously tight muscles in my hip, and it's been pretty effective! A move called "The Pidgeon" LOL...
I remember those from my childhood growing up in Brooklyn Heights!
The best part of this week, however, is my new interest in a, new, very cute personal trainer at work! LOL...
We've been trading stretching/massage sessions, and let's just say, he has had a pleasant effect on me.. :D

If I scare this one off, I will kick my own behind, big time!!!!! LOL....
And, Yo, he's like 12 years younger than me!!!!!
Whoa, that's not like me! :P
LOL!!!!
Cucu ga choo, Mrs. Robinson!!! LOL...

Okay, that's all for Deb's "Lonely Hearts and Massage/Personals" page for now...
Cross your Shovelgloves for me!!! :wink:
LOL..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:05 pm

best of luck and love with everything Deb. You deserve a break.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:38 am

Hi yalls!
Good relaxing day today!
NoS was 80 percent good, as I went for a small second serving tonight of *Chinese* food!!!!! LOL..
But no Halloween candy or anthing else like that...

Did a two hour massage this morning, then I went for a two mile walk with some dude who is training to take the entrance test for the Navy Seals... Then I did another hour massage and then ran into Yoga for the last 20 minutes of class...

Then I got a stretch by the dude I like!

Life is good! :lol:
LOL..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:48 pm

Deb:

To borrow a quote of my son when he was two: "You crack my up!!!"

Rock the cradle of Love....(80's girl here...)

I ate most of Geo's chocolate in his candy bowl on Saturday. I couldn't touch any by Sunday. LOL

Here's to Grims....Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:07 pm

Thanks Dru! LOL..

Yo, what's a "grim" LOL...
Have a groovy day!!!
(Sixties flashback girl here!)
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:48 am

Hey everyone!
Today was a picture perfect, exactly to the rules, NoS day!!!
And I even did half hour of (boring) elliptical trainer and about four or five mini massages...
I'm pooped... LOL..

Have a nice night all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:15 am

Hey! I lost two pounds this week!!!
I'm really exercising strong in Yoga, and I am certain that this is what's really changing me... But I guess the little bits of other stuff I'm doing is helping too...
I did walk the other day in the park, and today I did that (snorrre.....) elliptical thingy... Which is starting to kick my butt! LOL...
And then Yoga...
Ah I love Larry!!! Even when I'm tired I feel like going to practice...
And check this out,,,,,

Two people today asked me if I lost weight!!!!!
That is the best feeling!
I am so psyched!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else is having a nice day too!
Woooo hoooo!!!!!!
Halloween candy has been extricated from my thighs! LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:04 am

Most Excellent, DUDE :D

Glad it's going so well. You're fantastic, Deb.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:17 pm

Thank you Carolejo!!!
You are great too!!!! :lol:
Hugs!
Deb

ps.. And,,,, I didn't eat some cereal at 1 am last night.... I was sooo close to doing that and then I thought of how great I felt during the day and didn't want to mess it all up, and probably have nightmares if I did...
I did have some orange juice though, but at least it wasn't sitting in my stomach for hours, so I think it was a better choice... :wink:

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:26 pm

I think OJ is perfectly fine. Afterall, didn't Reinhard put somewhere "if Orange juice is REALLY your problem, you don't have a problem" :twisted:

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:45 pm

Well, at 1 am, when the choices in front of you are
1. Halloween candy
2. A bowl of cereal
3. A few gulps of orange juice

I am just happy it wasn't the first two! LOL.... :lol:

Have a great day!
Love,
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:02 pm

Hi Deb,
Good job on your 2lb. weight loss!!!! :D That must be so exciting, so happy for ya!

Love & Hugs!

navin

Post by navin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:39 pm

Well, at 1 am, when the choices in front of you are
1. Halloween candy
2. A bowl of cereal
3. A few gulps of orange juice

I am just happy it wasn't the first two! LOL.... Laughing
Your choice was certainly better than what I might have chosen: putting the orange juice on the cereal and then having the candy for dessert. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:08 am

LOL!!!!!!!!
You're funny Nave!!!!
LOL....

Hope you had a nice day!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:12 am

Hey Carrieanne!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Yes I feel great! And I feel even more determined to do well as a result!
I'm inspired :)

I did Yoga today for 90 minutes, and it was a killer workout!!!
My, oh, my am I sore everywhere!!!!!
LOL...
I'll be sleeping well tonight...

Hope you are fine and dandy..
Have you heard much from your son these days?
How's he doing?
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:52 am

Hey Deb!

I just caught up with your check in and seen your 'during' photo. You look terrific!

And well done on your 2lb loss. That's fantastic! Sounds like the extra activity is paying off. :o

I've been maintaining for the past 4 weeks, but not done anything other than UR. NoS & Exercise - it's a combination thing!

:D :D :D * * * C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S * * * :D :D :D

DaveA

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:10 pm

Hi Sweetie!!!
I'm glad you wrote me...
Thought you and the Squaw and the tribe might have gone off to that lake in Wales and decided not to come back!

Thanks for your big CONGRATS!
I am feeling really good these days, and now I feel even better to share that with my mate!!!
We will conquer the world!!!!

ps... Thanks for the kind words about the photo! I am waiting very impatiently for this friend of mine to get her act together and send me the photos she is making of her 2004 July wedding... I was sooooooo huge then.. Must have weighed 230, and I plan on taking another photo of myself, possibly in the same clothes too, though I'm not sure, but wow, you won't believe the change since a year and a half ago on NoS/Yoga....

(I have to give credit to the Yoga too for really turning up the heat here...)
Have a wonderful weekend...
Big HUGS!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:06 am

Wow.. this was a fairly excessive S weekend..
And after all that talk about binging days being over!!! Yeesh!!! :shock:
LOL..

I am glad that tomorrow is an N day!
Ooh it seems like the moon is getting pretty full... maybe that had something to do with my "restless yet immobile" and "eating out of boredom" state of mind today...
(They say Cancers are ruled by the moon and so are their mood swings.. This makes *total* sense with me! LOL....)

I was really p.o'd before, at myself for overstuffing my face.. I'm still a bit pissed, but this doesn't help me in the long run...
Okay, I learned a lesson...
Being stuffed is okay for Thanksgiving Turkeys, but not for me...
I hate that feeling... Looking forward to a week of sanity, after this, and a bunch of exercise!
Yeeeeehaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Peace,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:24 am

Yeah, I dunno what it is about that full moon, but all teachers will tell you that their school classes get slightly more unruly at that time of the month too! :lol: I certainly noticed it with the undergrads at Uni.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:12 am

Hey guys!

I had to make a big life change today...
(No I didn't get elective sex change surgery... LOL.)

I decided to leave the current office space I was subletting from that Chiropractor... I've been there for 1 and a half years, so it's pretty much got me bummed out... But he was just showing up late for many of the appointments I scheduled, and it was making me lose clients, and it was, in my opinion, totally disrespectful to me... Yesterday, I had to sit for a half hour, not even knowing if he would show up, and apologizing profusely to my client while she waited with me in the outside office hallway... He refuses to let me have my own key to get into the office, even after all this time of knowing me, and seeing that I haven't just trashed his place or burned it down with candles or incense, so I am powerless to control whether or not a client will or won't be served in a timely manner, or at all... Just unacceptable...

So, for the time being, I'm just going to have to treat my private clients (all five of them... LOL...) in my humble apartment...
This will be a big challenge, but can be done... Richard and I live in a one bedroom cottage, and I will simply have to eliminate all the furniture in the front room, to accomodate a massage table and rolling stool, and a side table for massage oils and candles, etc... I hope these guys stick with me, and don't just stop coming because I'm no longer in an office setting... I would like to believe they like *me* not just the office.. :lol:

I know that I made the right choice, but, nevertheless, I'm a bit nervous about how this will all work out... As for new clients, I may suggest to new male clients that our first appointment be held at New York Sports Club, and see how it goes, then decide if I will allow them to come to my place after that initial massage... I'm still going to try and find another room, other than our place, simultaneously... Probably won't be online as much as I'd like, but hey, I need to make this work!
NoS went well today, so that's cool!

Have a great night!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

(ps.. Nathan and Dru, that's why I was trying to call today... Just a minor freakout, but I'm okay right now... LOL...)
XO!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:08 pm

Good morning friends! :P

I had a great NoS day yesterday, but one little messup...
I consider it non damaging over all, and it's my usual battle with eating in the middle of the night...
But this time, I had no more potato chips with msg around, because two days ago, when I was eating them at 12 am, I decided to stop midway through that bad moment, and flush the rest down the toilet!!!
Ahhh how liberating!!! :twisted:
This is one of those times where I don't really think about wasting the 1 dollars worth of "food"... It is almost like a metaphor or something... You know, flushing out the bad habits.. LOL..

Anyway.. I ate half a pomegranate last night at 2:30 am :lol: ...
Probably just needed a good gulp of water, but well, it was there, I was there... we were there, at the kitchen table together..
I'm glad it wasn't cereal or chips...
I think if I just don't bring bad stuff into the house (ie: irrestible snacky stuff) I'll be okay...

Really this has been such a life long bad habit... it's not so easy to break it.. When I lived at my Moms, I used to wait till I heard her go to sleep, and then, I would sneak snacks downstairs.. This was normally around 11 pm... I must have been doing this since the late seventies... :roll:
I'm not really trying that hard either...
I think, I am going to try harder now... It's time to get this bad habit under control already.. Or get it gone for good...
I'm going to try a 21 days on habit for this particular weakness of mine..
So, wish me luck... :!:
Day one of not eating during sleeping hours starts tonight!
Please cross all your NoS fingers for me... I think, if I don't eat at night for even a few weeks, that would be a major triumph!
Plus it will certainly help me lose a little more weight... :wink:

Have a great day all yalls!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Michele

Post by Michele » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Just stick with it and don't look back. you can do it! You've helped me out many times already just supporting me when the times got tough. I try to tell myself that I don't need it and that I have a certain goal in mind and I really don't like the way I look or feel. So I have made up my mind that I need to change my eating habits.
Just one day at a time.
Have a good day, Good luck in everything!!

:)
Sr. Michele

gratefuldeb67

Night 1 of the Zeul/Cerebrus bingebusting 21 days.... LOL...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:47 am

Thank you Sister!
You are a dear heart :)

So far, so good... I'll report in the morning...

I had a really substantial dinner and lovely dessert of both fresh mango and grapefruit (the grapefruit had sugar, but oh well, it's not Haagen Daaz!)

Sweet dreams...
(and no refrigerator raiding for me!!! I mean it! :twisted: )

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Hey all...
Well, my first night of the Zeul/Cerebrus Bingebusting 21 evenings went fine...
But,,,, I did actually get up at 2:15 and walk over to the fridge, opened it, and thought of eating something.... Some cold leftovers from dinner...
I really had to talk myself out of it...
I was like

"Step away from the leftovers and put your hands on your head...." LOL...

Then I had a glass of water and went back to bed...
I want to reform my night time habit, and I truly feel its just that... But it will really take effort!!!
Whew... One night down!!! :wink:

Have a great day all!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:06 pm

*RRReeeek* *Rrrreek* *Rreeek* (obnoxious sounding alarm bell)

Attention Deborah! Come out of the refrigerator with your HANDS UP! This is your final warning!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really made me laugh so much!!!

Great going though. One night down already. Here's hoping tonight goes even more smoothly. :D

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:12 pm

Ha ha ha!! LOL..
Thanks CJ!

This habit may really take a very long time to break....
My hope is that after doing it for a straight month, I will be turning the tides...
Then, with baby steps, I will start on another new habit, eating a bit earlier in the morning when I wake up... I need to reset my body habits so that I can process food the best way possible and reap the benefits of a healthy metabolism...
Have a great day!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:19 pm

Dudes!!!!
When I called the Chiro to let him know I was coming to take my table and stuff home today, he told me he was going to give me a key to the office after all!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!
Hey.. He just called now!
I am psychic!!!

LOL..
What a nice turn of events!
So, today, I'm making an S day and I am going to take one less S day on the weekend!

This is cause for Haagen Daaz!

ps.. I had yet another person today say

"Hey! Did you lose weight???"
That is so cool!
Have a great night peeples....
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Michele

Post by Michele » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:54 am

:lol: :lol:

I can picture the red blinking lights come on as you open that fridge door.
That was funny!!
I will have to think of that when I am too close to my favorite goodies.

STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES, AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT! :shock:

Hope you can be victorious again tonight!!

God bless. S. Michele

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:12 am

Thanks Sister! :lol:
God Bless you and us all!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

Inge

Post by Inge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:05 am

It's funny how different times of the day/night are harder for certain individuals -- I can't imagine EVER wanting to eat ANYTHING at 2:15 a.m.; really, you'd have to force-feed me. But, oh boy, catch me between 3-6 p.m., and it's a whole different story. That's when I'm opening the fridge, and prowling through the cupboards. I always think, so that's why our parents invented "happy hour" in the 50s!!!

Hang in there, Deb!

gratefuldeb67

Night two of no fridge raiding down!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Yeah Inge,
Thanks for writing!!!
It's strange for sure! LOL..
The food is almost like a sleeping aid for me, it seems... But I'm convinced that I can delegate this whole phenomena to plain old "Bad Habit".... So I'm breaking it, however hard it may be to do so!!!!

Your Happy hour theory sounds pretty dead on!

Yesterday was great! After finding out about being able to get my own key and control my own hours, I went to Yoga and worked out and had a great one!!! I thank God for all his blessings, and I know, he was rewarding me for taking my situation seriously with respect and sensitivity... I felt like my Heart Chakra just totally opening up and felt like I was a star floating out in the cosmos!!! Yeah!

So then we had an S celebration, in honor of the resolved work/key conflict! Woo woo!!!!
We had fritos, salsa con queso, and honey bbq wings, and also some ice cream... I haven't had ice cream for sooo long, it was really good! We were at my Moms house, because she has a dvd player and we don't, and we wanted to watch the dvd of "Dumb and Dumber"! LOL...
So when we were done with the movie and the S's for the night, we left the ice cream and chips and salsa, all at her house...
I didn't want to screw up my "no eating at night" plan!
Maybe my Mom will eat it! LOL...
We will be taking one less S day this weekend though...

And, like clockwork, I was up again, at 2:30!!! LOL...
But I didn't eat anything :!: However, I made myself a glass of lemonade with some sugar... It was enough sugar to be borderline, but again, I would rather drink something, than have solid food in my belly...

I started taking Lithium Orotate, in addition to my St. Johns Wort, yesterday... I can feel positive effects already and will be playing around with the dosage as necessary during this Winter, to see what is the optimum amount to take... I never would consider taking prescription pharmaceutical (darn I can't spell that!!!!) Lithium, because of the possible toxicity and side effects.. But the mineral/suppliment form is about 1/20th the dosage and therefore has no toxic effect... Apparently you don't need much as it's readily absorbed directly into the cells...
I feel like it's working already...
Richard and I were just cracking each other up last night, and I felt slightly giddy... LOL... Very nice :)!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

PS... Unlike the other NoS twenty one day habit challenges, I am applying the no eating during sleeping hours to 21 days *including* the weekend...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Deb,

Wow, a lot going on since my last pop-in here.

1. you look great! Diet related drama and wobbling might seem big from day to day, but zoom out and this is clearly working for you.

2. Don't sweat the OJ. As pointed out, OJ is specifically mentioned on the home page as an absurd thing to worry about.

3. Great new 21 day resolution. Midnight fridge raiding has been a big, longstanding issue for you and there is no downside to getting rid of it. It makes perfect sense to tackle it explicitly, even on S days.

Reinhard

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:35 pm

Perhaps you should booby trap the fridge at night, the resultant calories worked off performing Indiana Jones maneuvers to get into it would cancel out any calories ultimately consumed!
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:00 pm

Oh Prodigal!! That's so funny.

It's kind of what I had in mind though when I wrote before about the loud obnoxious alarm ringing. Maybe if you *knew* that an alarm would ring if you open the fridge and wake up the whole house you might think better of it Deb! :lol:

Joking asside though, this is a really major sticking point for you Deb, so it's great that you're tackling it head on.

Good luck tonight. May the force be with you.

C. xxx
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:38 am

Hey thanks you guys!
Reinhard, I really appreciate when you write and what you write!
Yeah, I wan't to worry about the non-absurd things, like eating a plate of ribs with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, not OJ! LOL...
Hugs Reinhard, and thanks again...
Say hi to your little Engel! :wink:
I bet she is beautiful now....

Prod! I really like that idea, but it would take too much brain power to think of an Indiana Jones type booby trap that could keep me out! LOL...
Maybe some boa constrictors or maybe build a small moat with crocodiles in it to surround the fridge!

CJ! I am facing it head on baby!!!
But seriously, I expect it to take years to undo...
That's okay.... It will be frustrating at times, but one day you will all hear me say that I haven't eaten at night for weeks and weeks, and then it will turn into months, and then years...
(Well maybe not years!)

I had a nice moment today... Brought in some very overly salty and greasy chicken wings, from yesterdays leftovers, and tried to eat them for brunch... I ate about half, and then got full, and they really didn't taste that great... So I just dumped the remaining four or five in the garbage...
Truly, I am not a wastrel! LOL.. But they just weren't good... So instead of mindlessly ploughing through them, I dumped them..
Yay....

I didn't have Yoga class today, but did about 15 minutes of elliptical, then got incredibly bored out of my mind, so I switched to practicing Yoga for a while on my own... I am totally getting stronger guys and I can stretch areas in my hips which used to be impossible to access...
The pose I've been trying to do daily is Pidgeon Pose...
Also, my shoulder stand is getting better and better and I feel like my back and stomach are getting much stronger....

Yawn... I'm tired now... LOL..
What in the world is going on??? It's only 8:35!!! LOL....
Maybe the Lithium Orotate is calming me or something....
I have been feeling so much happier, so it's a great relief!

Have a great weekend!!!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Night three down....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:21 pm

Yo everyone! :D

I give myself a score of 95 for not opening the fridge up during the night...
However I did eat two very tiny miniature tootsie rolls... But they were in a utensils drawer! Not technically in the fridge!!!
Ahhhhh!!!!!

This is so infuriating!!!! But I'm giving myself a good score because, the old me would have had the tootisie rolls and then a bowl of cereal to add insult to injury...

They are gone now.. Not planning on buying anymore and Halloween is 11 months away, so that's the end of those!

Have a groovy day all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:02 pm

Oh well. As you say, the 'old' you would've eaten the tootsie rolls, then gone on a cereal-killing spree to boot. Good on you for resisting that pesky cereal.

Have a good Sunday Deb,
C.
CaroleJo