Snapdragon's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

snapdragon

Snapdragon's check in

Post by snapdragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Okay, after a fulfilled crazy summer, getting back on track.

Yesterday
B....eggs and veggies, a few raspberries 2 coffees
L....salad with a few spoonful of cottage cheese for protein, spinach and feta pierogis.
D....truffle and mushroom flatbread from TJ's, broccoli salad, honey dew melon with mint lime, and a touch of honey.

SUCCESS!!
Walked to dunkin doughnuts with DH had water, and dis some kettle bell moves.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I have been filling my lunch and dinner plates to full capacity, just focusing on habit formation. This is partly where I went wron last time. I know I won't likely lose weight right now, but it's hard to get out of diet head

B....egg, toast, melon salad
L...leftover mushroom flat bread, salad melon salad, a spoonful of potato salad, and a few chips.
D....tacos and a salad I threw together.(jicama, cherry tomatoes, onion,and cucumber) I left a little corner blank for some fruit I cut up for kids to make fruit kabobs. I have a hard time to get them to eat produce.
My son asked me to buy oranges at the store so I got a few, after peeling and giving him a wedge he didn't want it....so typical of him. I used the rest of the orange to make a dressing for the salad added lime Dijon, garlic and grape seed oil. Was pretty nice.

I did some exercise with a kettlbell.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I think someone likes to cook! (As do I)

Your meals sound wonderful!
Eileen

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Thank you Eileen, I like to try and put down what I am eating so I can look back and see why Im gaining or losing or staying the same. I also am weird and like to see what others eat.

Another success!!!! I also walked for a while, went up to the community gardens and enjoyed some of the awesome gardens.

Anybody remember Callanetics back in the eighties? For some reason I have been thinking of it, and I discovered people still do it and may be even making a comebackLOL!!! I did some of the exercises I could remember from that and actually feel it today. I think will look to see if the library has the book. I don't want to spend moony on exercise stuff for a long time except shoes.

B....scrambled eggs with veggies, made into tacos with all the fixings. Two coffees
L....leftover tacos(3) salad.
D...pesto pasta, green salad

I have to stop worrying about weight loss and what I am eating. HABITS!

All in all a good week so far. Monday was really tough I really had to keep reminding myself that IF I GET A FEW DAYS UNDER MY BELT IT WILL GET BETTER. I had to say it over and over. Also, I caught myself taking a tast of things I didn't freak if I did it without thinking about it. Not a fail since it was not done on purpose, and I stopped. what a strong habit it is to just have bites of things!!!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Great to see you around! I love seeing what people eat. I really should post mine. It's only fair; right?! Ha.... Hope you have another great day!

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Welcome back, Snapdragon and thanks so much for your "congratulations" on my thread!
It sounds like you had a wonderful summer of no internet suck-in and enjoying the moment.
Your meals sound delightful. But I know what you mean about filling your plates to full capacity and working on that.
Take care and keep it up!
Liz

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Liz and Tobias mom

Coming off a five day binge.....feel like I can never get over this. Gah.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm

snapdragon wrote:Hi Liz and Tobias mom

Coming off a five day binge.....feel like I can never get over this. Gah.
You can get over this! Every day on habit is a step forward, even if there's not so great days in between :)

I loved reading your meals - they sounded so fresh and tasty!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Welcome back, snappo ! :) :wink:
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks guys for the warm hellos and positive words!!!!
Was better yesterday and I made it. This is a tricky time of year with all the after school activities. I tend to say WTH and eat lots of junk. It is absolutely important to have a dinner planned each night.

No breakfast because I felt gross
L salad. Oohing special about it am low on groceries lol and pirate booty.
D. Pasta and meatballs. I had time to make it and stick it in crockpot with the noodles covered on the stove. Saved the day for me.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:32 am

Off to bed, u less I eat tonight another success

B...a clementine, a few peanuts, a few triscuits coffe with milk
L...went out to five guys with husband to celebrate my youngest going to preschool. Had a delicious burger and fries. Full but not stuffed.
D....salad and watermelon, two slices of cheese

I also had coffee in the afternoon. Busy evening watching DD#2 play volleyball.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Checking in real quick Friday and Monday were fails weekend was wild. Got it together yesterday.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Wednesday a success.
B....can't remember
L....Sicilian pasta salad from the deli, fruit
D....pizza and salad

Struggling to get organized. Having a high schooler is a new experience for me! Keeping track of all four kids school stuff and sports is tricky right now.

I have a dinner plan for the next few days so that helps.

Want to get consistent exercise.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am

Exercise...grrrrrr! Let's both commit to It with some regularity this coming week!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Ok you got it!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Gah, why is it so hard to be consistent here?

Had breakfast, and lunch won't eat until dinner.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I seriously just want to eat junk all day. I keep telling myself it will go away but it doesn't seem like it. This truly stinks!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Snapdragon,
Thanks for stopping by my thread! The chilaquiles were good, most ppl from the midwest don't even know what those are! These were made with green salsa, just a little hot, with sour cream and grated hard cheese on top. YUM.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Sunday started off not so good. Ate a slice of pizza and some cranberry bread. Too full. Will eat a healthy lunch when I get hungry later.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am

Hi snapdragon (I love you name)
Hope you enjoyed your s days, good luck for today :)
S/W - 174 (30th Oct 2012)
C/W - 174
G/W - 138
1st WI - Dec 07th

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Thank you Ani. A bit of a wild weekend aiming for a good week!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm

A good day yesterday. Not perfect, but I stuck to one plate at dinner and did not swipe anything extra. This is my worst offense. I pit extra broccoli on my plate to keep me chewing lol.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 am

Go for the green! :mrgreen:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Bah this is the first day in about a week I haven't woken up with a sick tummy. I think I need to check in regularly here for a while. Have some nice meals planned for the weekend, not treats officially but if something presents itself.......
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Yesterday started great then it all went wrong at dinnertime. Boo!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 am

Tomorrow is a new day, lets go for a green week! I myself am looking forward to some sanity in eating! Way too many Esses! :oops:
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Thank you so much sweetness for your encouragement!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:27 am

Whew made it! I gave myself permission to have a piece of fruit after dinner for this week to ween myself off of nighttime eating.

B.....egg on toast
L...cheese and pickle sarnie, sweet potato chips, and a persimmon.
D....curried chicken alla king in a puff pastry cup, garlicky green beans, black rice.

I picked up the black rice at Costco. It was $3.00 for a three pound bag and supposedly full of antioxidants. Tastes like brown rice. If you have ever had a mouse problem in your house you would find the rice unappetizing :wink:

Had a nice day did some crafts with my son and read lots of books to my younger ones.

Had a bit of a showdown with my mom. Since I was a little kid I remember my mom deciding when she didn't want to go somewhere she would call the person up and fake a sick voice to get out of whatever she was supposed to do. She had a neurologist appointment and I got that sick voice phone call. It really upset me because I am so concerned for her. I mentioned that she has been sick a lot lately (every time we plan to get together to get work done as she needs lots of things done around her house) I acted really immature too. Her basement flooded twice last winter and it was never aired out properly so I have a legitimate concern for toxic molds growing down there. Anyway, I said she has been sick so much she needs to have her basement checked for mold. She said she would call someone(she has no intention) and I made a big deal telling her I was going to make some calls because I was so concerned. She begged me not to.

Though my concerns are legitimate I was totally being manipulative. I really need to find someone to talk to. I dont want to downplay what people go through dealing with an alcoholic or addict, but I feel like dealing with her is very similar. I don't know if I am enabling her, or how to handle it.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 am

:mrgreen:

Sounds like a good idea to talk to someone about what to do for your Mom. It sounds really hard.
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Yes, she has cognitive impairment and she doesn't believe it.

Fail I picked a bit while cooking dinner than ate two quesadilla after dinner.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 am

Finished dinner, won't eat until tomorrow.

B...half a bagel with cream cheese, a persimmon, two prunes two coffees
L...went to buffalo wild wings with DH wings an salt and vinegar fries. Their
s and V fries are awesome.
D...salad and a bit of vanilla Greek yogurt for protien. I buy the full fat kind and it is awesome!!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Congrats on the green day! :mrgreen:
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 am

Yesterday was a green day, and a crazy one!! My four year old son was chasing his sister, he tripped and hit his head on a bench and had a serious laceration on he's head! I could see bone, I am so grateful I did not pass out! The staff at the hospital were great and we were lucky to get a doctor whose daughter went to school with one of my daughters.

My son cried a few minutes, and was pretty much fine he did not complain once. He sat still and calm while getting his stitches, all 13 of them.

After coming home last night I didn't feel like I deserved something like I might of in the past. It didn't even occur to me u til I was in bead that I didn't even think of eating. This is a big deal for me.

A sane day , ate a bit too much pasta and feel a little too full but not sick.

Now if I could only get that picture out of my head *cringe*
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:52 am

I remember when my 4 year old got stitches in his forehead. He was going to head-butt his 5 yr old brother who jumped out of the way, and the radiator was behind him. Your son is a trooper, mine screamed when they stitched him. That was 20 years ago, they grow so fast! Hope your weekend is better! :wink:

That's so cool that you didn't turn to food for comfort!
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Ok weekend food wise, wish it were a bit more tame.
Funny stuff for breakfast, two string cheese sticks and the top of my sons blueberry bagel.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 am

Sounds funnily delicious.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

Haha Ohlala it actually was good.

Good day, yesterday was a big fail however I was able to pull it together by dinner and white knuckled it last night. So the good news is I didn't take the food and crash and burn in a fiery binge of glory.

Today was good. I ate a lighter lunch than usual because I felt too lazy to add something else to my plate. I had sweet potato with cheese, black beans and salsa.

Ate dinner earlier and feel a bit hungry already. I am sure I ate enough, I added some garlic lemon aioli for fat which usually satiated me.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 am

I have GOT to get some sweet potatoes baked.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am

....yes! I. Think sweet potatoes taste best cold while standing in front of the fridge in my jammies.

B...toast, sliced hard boiled egg and my last perssimon. 2 maybe three French vanilla coffees. Oh 2 prunes

L..bean soup, carrots, Greek yogurt dip, 1 slice of wheat bread and three dried fruit and nut balls(dates walnuts and cocoa powder in a food processor, and dates walnuts and dried cherries)

D...tandoori chicken, turmeric quinoa pilaf....too lazy to make and veggies.

I did manage a nice walk today.

A bit hungry at bedtime but livable.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 am

Love your menus.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 am

thanks!

I have been sick this past week. Today was a fail, I made some Banana bread today and ate some after lunch.moved on after and had a delicious dinner.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 am

Good going! Small slips and quick recovery are nice deposits in the sane eating bank account.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 pm

oolala53 wrote:...Small slips and quick recovery are nice deposits in the sane eating bank account.
Oh, I like that, Miss Oola. Great wording, also :idea:

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 am

Geee not good at checking in lately. December was a weird month I kept getting sick. This week has been good eating wise but not good no s wise. Looking forward to the weekend, and buckling down next week.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 pm

My mother used to use the term "bitter cold," and Chicago is one of the places that makes me think of that term. I also have a friend who lives in Minneapolis. She lived here in San Diego for a few years but preferred living in the East. She likes snow! But she also says people are friendlier there, in the sense that they will make more efforts to be social. I believe her. Many people in the West, me included, are very independent, and we pay a price.

However, there is a lot of beauty (parts of NoCal are just gorgeous) and yes, terrific produce, but I think a lot of other states see it! A lot of the produce in supermarkets isn't local. I'm not a purist that way, but it does seem silly.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Failed yesterday and today Boooooo. Avoiding WTH.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am

Avoiding WTH is its own success. Have you thought of setting up a habitcal for it?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm

No I have not but will do. I listened to the podcast recently.

I already failed today, it was a small fail but definitely a fail. I am so upset right now, I hOpe I don't go into stress binging! My mom continues to decline, my dad had a stroke last week, thankfully, a minor one, He said, "it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be." and just dealing with kid stuff mainly my 14 year old getting really average grades, I am upset because she has made no effort this semester. If she studied really hard for a test and got a D on it I wouldn't like it but can accept it. If she never studies or does homework outside of study hall and gets B's and C's I have a huge problem with that. I just got word she was dropped from her Honors English class. The cut off was a B-. GRRRR.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

TexArk

Post by TexArk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm

You can do this. Hang on. NoS actually makes it easier. I just spent the last 3 years managing my dad's last years. I had to be away from my family a lot...months at a time. He had a stroke and was left with severe aphasia and my stepmom has Alzheimers. It was a very stressful mess. But because of NoS I didn't tell myself I will lose weight after I get through this and I wasn't having to buy special food or go to meetings. That is the beauty of NoS. You can do it even with the crazy schedule and emotional ups and downs.

I am thinking of you. My dad passed away last March and the other side of the family now has guardianship of stepmom, but I know what you are going through with parents who want to be in charge of their lives, but do not have the ability, physically or mentally to do so. At first, after I finally was by myself in the evening, I would treat myself to a bowl of ice cream for comfort...I deserved to have a treat after what I went through that day. The parent in me had to take the child in me in hand and say, NO.

I will check back on your thread...Take it one moment at a time.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 am

Might be too late but I hope you got back on track. Vow to have a green day tomorrow. It will support you to feed yourself sanely.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 am

Thank you I did manage to turn it around, and got some stuff done. Me and my rants!

Kids today! Instead of bringing her Ancient Civ book home to study she bought her study guide home and googled the answers! My blood pressure is rising! And I'm kinda laughing too......typing this because I don't want to tell my husband as he is upset enough :roll:
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 am

I quit teaching an advanced English class at my school because I had so many students not read the books, and we didn't use ones that has Cliff notes! They were willing to just get C's on my silly tests. I just did not have the energy to write the kind of tests that might have scared them into reading. Two former students came back on visits to the school and admitted that they didn't feel bad about it all. It just made me a little sad that they got so little satisfaction from reading. Then again, I wasn't in charge of the reading list and didn't love the selections, either. And I probably have a skewed view of what's essential anyway. Plenty of people seem to do fine, even better than I do, without enjoying Shakespeare, even if some still do.

Hey, scholarly thinking is not everyone's cup of tea, and certainly not at high school age. I have faith that kids will come into their own, whatever and whenever it is, if they're encouraged to develop their passions. Is there anything she'd like to get good at?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I agree with you about Persuing passions. She does play club soccer, and works very hard ar it and has been refereeing for a year now. She was able to buy herself a laptop with her earnings. It's hard to get her to try new things. Her friends tell her she would be good at drama/ improv, and I agree but I think she is so scared of embaresing herself she won't try. She won't try out for her school soccer team either.
She is really looking forward to an art class next semester, that should be fun for her.
What kills me about the English is that she does enjoy it, just doesn't want to put in the effort. She got to choose her essay question in advance and had the opportunity to really put some thought into it, but chose not to.
I guess as far as problems with teen go I am pretty lucky. She was mortified that a boy around the corner from us got in trouble for smoking pot. She couldn't believe someone she knew did drugs. She has known him since kindergarten and it really bothers her. I suppose that's a blessing since she is a freshman.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 am

It's not over yet. She's just getting going! She might change her mind and dive in later. Never know when those prefrontal cortex connections develop!

I really do feel for parents when I know they would like something different from their child but aren't getting it. I feel for me when I don't get what I want from students! I hope I'm not just flaking out when I say I'd like to feel less attached. I think it would actually make me more compassionate.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

I could imagine getting attached. And seeing some heartbreaking things. I still keep my eye on a 15 year old boy whose mother passed away when he was in third grade!

She is starting to get sick and tired of worrying about what others think. Right now her biggest passion happens to be cute boy bands. I'm flummoxed since I was never into that scene!

Thank you for your kind responses! I hope you have a good semester!

Another fail but not a disaster, today was an improvement!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Just had a small fail today....I don't think I have had one green day this month :oops:
Will just keep on going.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Keep at it snapdragon, we all know the red squares don't tell the whole story :) Remember to praise yourself for the little successes as well as the bigger ones!

HealthyMommy

Post by HealthyMommy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 am

Keep on keeping on, is all any of us can do. You're doing great 8)
Starting my No-S journey on Dec.30,2012
SW: 214 lbs (Dec.30,2012)
GW: 135 lbs

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Thank you everyone. I feel a little more sane. Had a reasonable Sunday, and a wild Saturday. Sat we had a whipped cream chocolate cake Ohhh so good and yesterday's sweet was baked pears with whole fat vanilla Greek yogurt. I think my husband and I like it as much as ice cream. (the whole fat yogurt). I ate the odd cracker here and there, just because it was there.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Decided it was time to get out of my funk. Got the kids off to school. Did housework for about an hour and even worked up a but of a sweat. Played a game with my son. Ate breakfast with my husband and worked out. I am going to record my workouts and food here for now because it's easier than keeping a separate journal.

Today's work out- prison cell workout with modifications

20 walking lunges
10 modified burpees
30 alternate leg kicks over a chair

I completed two rounds.

Food p,an for today

Muesli with chopped apple and vanilla Greek yogurt( full fat, it's all I buy)

Spinach soup with beans and quinoa, a side I haven't decided

Newfoundland cod cakes side dishes tbd

This of course is a loose plan sometimes things change and that's allowed as long as three plates!

Going to see if my mom wants to walk(indoor track) feel like I am too busy but this is a priority, it's not about me.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Wow I am struggling! This is soooo hard for me right now. The good news both Friday and Monday have been a success. I feel like I am white knuckling it every second though. I guess any diet will feel like this right now. I am trying to keeP myself busy.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Me too, Snapdragon... :cry:
Let's hang in there!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I declared Friday an s day . My brother and sister came in for a visit and bought my niece whom I never met, they are from the south and had never seen snow, and we got tons of it. So I baked cookies with my niece and played in the snow with her. A nice time.

Was a wild weekend but not completely out of control. I got these giant marshmallows and was roasting them on the gas stove with my kids. They were so good, brown on the outside and gooey in the middle.

I think Valentine's Day might be an s day but not sure. I am going to practice vanilla no s for my Lenten sacrifice since I have never quite made any real momentum with this.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Couldn't get on track this week. I really need to stop eating white pasta for a while. I mess up EVERY TIME I eat it. Pasta with whole grain should be ok.

It's Ash Wednesday, and I am participating in a fast, I wasn't going to but decided to. Observations, I was more productive than usual this morning and actually had lots of energy. Struggling now. I caught myself deciding not to fast and thought "I am fasting it's supposed to be hard and a little uncomfortable." that thinking helped me. I am allowing myself two glasses of milk and dinner (Lentin Fast is two snacks and a meal) but worried about my snack turning into a meal so settled for milk instead.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139