Jammin' Jan's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:26 am

Thursday, August 18, 2005

No S: :)
Exercise: :D

Dinner was going to be two hours late, and seven hours between lunch and dinner was just more than I could handle, especially at high speeds on the highway, so I had a glass of orange juice this afternoon. It really did the trick, and cleared up my hunger headache and shakiness pretty quickly. If I had to snack (and today I really needed it!), then the oj was a good choice.

Dinner: tuna-pasta salad (tuna, pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, Italian dressing); slices from a French sweet baguette

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 5,000 steps + 2 miles with Leslie Sansone (equivalent to 4,000 steps), so about 9,000 steps altogether. Also tai chi practice scattered throughout the day, plus my regular qigong routine before morning Mass.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 am

Jammin Jan! Why don't you start a Qi Gong practice group at the Church?
I mean you live there! LOL...
Have a pleasant night!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:14 am

No, not at Church. But I have been toying with offering a class through Community Education, in the next town over. Maybe down the road. My next big adventure will come next summer when daughter graduates from homeschool and I have to go into the Outside World to get a Real Job. They are building a Caribou Coffee in that town, and I think that's where I'm going to try to work. Once that gets settled, then maybe a "Chi Kung for Fitness and Health" class will happen. It would be fun to run several short classes (maybe only four sessions each) back to back to teach several different routines, so people have some variety. And to have beautiful classical music in the background. Oh yeah, I do dream about these things. :D But not at Church. I don't like to mix the sacred with the secular.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:35 pm

Jan:

What in the heck is a Caribou Coffee? We don't have that here. One of the greating things about visiting Oregon, Washington and Canada last week was that they have 1000's of little Java Huts along the road. It was so cool. And, they all have themes. Very quaint. I think if I lived up there I'd be driving through all those coffee so often that I'd have to get my teeth bleached :!:

D.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:49 pm

Caribou Coffee is like a Starbucks...good coffee, lots of varieties. I think it tastes as good as Starbucks. When we go to a mall, my husband usually gets a "Depth Charge"; which is like the Surge of coffees. I usually go for decaf, but they have all the wonderful expressos and cappuchinos, syrups, etc. Good stuff!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 pm

Hi Guys! On the subject of coffee, I'm having some now, in your honor! Hee!
Yeah, when I lived in Seattle, I found that there were Cappucino coffee carts on the street, even very early in the am, which reminded my of a caffeinated version of NY Hot dog stands..
Very convenient!
Heck, it is overcast for so much time out there, you need that Java!!!!
I remember seeing a cartoon in the newspaper which showed a guy driving out of the Seattle limits, and the road sign said something like, "Turn back now!!! Leaving Seattle city limits, next coffee stop 400 miles..." and the guy behind the wheel's eyes are like popping out of his head and he looks totally freaked out!!!!... LOL...
Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 pm

Coffee has definitely become one of my "simple pleasures". Now that the ubiquitous "they" have found out it may prevent diabetes and cancer as opposed to giving you cancer as previously reported, it's no longer a guilty pleasure.

I used to drink it all creamed up, but have learned to enjoy the rich, earthy flavor of it black. I start my day looking out at the mountains through my kitchen window and savoring the smell and the taste and the feel. I never thought I could enjoy anything if it wasn't thick with cream and laden with sugar.

Peetie

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:25 pm

Nothing compares to that first cup :!: Sounds like you have a peaceful morning ritual Peetie.

D.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:08 pm

Friday, August 19. 2000: SEMI-S-DAY

No-S: :)
Exercise: :!:

Yesterday was the annual "Take the Teens to Valley Fair" day. There were 40 of us on the bus, plus our grown son and his wife joined us. I decided to avoid the park food as much as possible, since it is over-priced, under-sized, and not very tasty. Instead, I packed peanut butter sandwiches with all-fruit jelly, tiny little pop-top cans of fruit, Capri fruit juice (no sugar), and some little boxes of raisins in the cooler. Our family ate this for lunch. In the afternoon, I had another juice, because it was hot and humid. For dinner, we bought pizza for the whole-crowd, but I only had 2 slices...pretty controlled for me! On the trip home, I had a couple more of those juice packs. Altogether, I was very pleased with the way I planned ahead and then stuck with the plan with regards to food.

Exercise: Before the trip, I did 14 min. Shovelglove, and 30 min. tai chi/chi kung. At the park, I walked 18,000 steps (about 9 miles)!!! Now I have earned a little rest. Tonight I will take daughter to see the Backstreet Boys concert and we will meet some of her friends at the Hard Rock Cafe beforehand. We're going to stay in a hotel in the Twin Cities tonight so I don't have to make the long drive back, so I will see all of you tomorrow afternoon. Have a great S-Day everyone!!!

peetie

Post by peetie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Planning ahead is HUGE. So, coulda, shoulda, woulda for you! Great forethought!

peetie

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Saturday and Sunday, August 20-21, 2005: HAPPY S-DAYS!

Backstreet Boys concert in the Twin Cities was wonderful. Dinner at the Hardrock was a baconburger and a couple of onion rings.

Exercise on Saturday was 11,500 steps, plus chi kung/tai chi in the morning.

Today is a rest day. I'm really pooped from the activities on Friday and Saturday, and the driving yesterday and today. Good to be home!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:50 am

Monday, August 22, 2005

No S: :D

Dinner: Beanie-Wienie; green beans; homemade yeast bread. Before No-S, I would have eaten most of the loaf; tonight, I had one good-sized chunk and let it go at that. Yay for No-S!

Exercise: too tired from the weekend to go for a walk today, so I only have about 5,500 steps on the counter. However, I did Shovelglove for 14 minutes, and that was with the extra little weight attached.

I hope you all have a wonderfully magnificent No-S week!!! (Thanks, Deb, for the instructions on using colors!)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:15 am

Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2005

No S: :(

Diet Slip-ups: a couple of extra slices of homemade bread were crying out to me at lunch time, then they just up and buttered themselves and jumped into my mouth. At dinner, we were at Bennigan's, and I ordered a Dr. Pepper (regular, not diet, so there was sugar.) I really didn't feel so well last night...stuffed, uncomfortable. Why, why, why?????

Exercise: chi kung in the morning, 25 push-ups after lunch, Urban Rangering = 10,000 steps.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:25 pm

Hey Jan, sorry about that stuffed feeling.. Sometimes that occasional kind of slip up is actually very helpful because it reminds you of a feeling your body no longer likes...
So just watch out for that oh so sneaky "jumping bread".....
It sounds like you were caught off guard...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:59 pm

Thursday, August 24,th

Exercise: :)

Sick last evening and half of today, don't know if it was an intestinal bug or something I ate for dinner. Anyway, mostly better now, just feeling kind of washed out.

Dinner: macaroni with olive oil and garlic; green peas; broiled buttery bread. We had company tonight, and I served cake to everyone but me. :D My daughter asked if I wanted some, but I just said, no thanks, it's a no-s day. And that took care of that temptation!

Exercise: 8,000 steps. Not sure if I will do anything else tonight, but will edit this post if I do.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:11 am

Ooooh, yuck... sorry Jammin' Jan

I hope you feel better and ready to Jam soon!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. why not use this sickness to take advantage of some S's....
I believe sick days count as an S! :wink:

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:50 am

Thursday, August 25, 2005

No-S: :D

Dinner: red beans (red beans, Polish sausage, garlic salt, onion powder, red pepper, black pepper) and rice; corn

Exercise: half hour on the gazelle + steps from walking around = 8,000 steps; 10 Hindu squats ( :shock: ); chi kung practice

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:32 am

Friday, August 26, 2005

No-S: :D (under tempting circumstances)
Exercises: :D

Dinner: went to our favorite Mexican restaurante, only ate 1 chip before dinner, then ate only 2/3 of the plate of chile rellenos, rice and beans, then ate 1 more chip with salsa at the end. I was pretty pleased. This is like a game sometimes.

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 11,000 steps. 94% humidity this morning when my husband and I went walking downtown.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:36 am

That's great Jan!!!
Life at it's best should always feel like playing!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

ps.. I like thems chilles rellenos!!!
Arriba!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:08 am

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Happy S-Day: :D

S-Day treats today: a couple of snacks this evening (leftover pizza).

Exercise: 20 minutes chi kung practice; Urban Rangering: 12,000 steps.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:01 am

Jammin Jan!!!
Richard just told me that he wants a pedometer now!
LOL...
He said he thinks that with all the exercise he does all day long, he thinks that it would equal 30,000 steps!
What do you think? Is that possible????? LOL...
Maybe I'll have to get him one!
Have a Jammin evening!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:09 pm

To Dear Deb and all who read this: please see my pedometer response on Deb's Daily Check In page.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:01 pm

Sunday, August 28, 2005

S-Day... :D :D :D :D :D
Exercise...rest day

I actually had a special s-day treat today! We took the kids out to lunch and then (my suggestion!) we went to Coldstone Creamery afterwards to have some ice cream. I had a little dish of this chocolate-peanut butter-fudge-Reese's-caramel ice cream. Oh boy...was that ever good. It was so flavor intense and rich, though, that I think this will satisfy my need for either chocolate or ice cream until about this time next year.

Maybe I'll make it a tradition...ice cream during the last week of August!

Exercise: 6,000 steps on the counter, mostly just walking around in the outside world.

My prayers and best wishes to everyone who will be affected by Hurricane Katrina tomorrow and in the days to come. This looks like a major storm.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:12 pm

Wow!!! I don't think any dessert is so rich that it could satisfy my craving for chocolate for a whole year!!! LOL....

Sounds good Jammin Jan!
Enjoy your relaxation day...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps... Ditto about the Hurricane... Prayers and best wishes from me too...
My Grandparents are having a rough time down there right now...

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:24 pm

Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:52 am

Monday, August 29, 2005

Dinner: Got the Fiesta Lime Chicken with Mexi-style rice at Applebee's tonight. Wonderful! Ate all the rice and half the chicken. Gonna have a heck of a lunch tomorrow!

Exercise: 7,500 steps + 25 minutes chi kung practice.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:51 am

Tuesday, August 30th, 2005

Dinner: turkey ham with spicy mustard sauce; home-grown tomatoes with olive oil, basil, garlic salt; kluski noodles

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 9,000 steps; chi kung practice, 15 minutes; strength training consisted of hauling tubs of junk from the upstairs storage room of the house to the downstairs, then bagging and hauling to the dumpster. My final task of summer vacation is to clear that room!

My heart goes out to the people of New Orleans, and the other affected areas of LA and MS. What a tragedy. :(

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:00 am

Jan, what a great day that sounds like! Any day in which one eats home-grown tomatoes and tosses lots of junk from the storage room has to be counted a success.

RE: the Gulf coast -- yes, what a wretched situation for those poor folks.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 am

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dinner: Baked Arroz con Pollo; sweet potatoes; broccoli

Exercise: Shovelglove, 14 minutes; Urban Rangering, about 6,000 steps; chi kung/tai chi practice, about 20 minutes

More junk tossed from that storage room! Today's project is to box up the kid's books to keep until we have grandkids. We have lots and lots of these, so this will keep me busy for a long time today.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:43 am

Thursday, September 1, 2005

Dinner: taco-seasoned meatballs with salsa (very yummy!); steamed summer and zucchini squash; corn; tomatoes

Exercise: 53 push-ups, because I am still 53 years old; 100 crunches, just because I can; 3 miles in-home walking with a Leslie Sansone dvd + other steps = over 10,000. A good exercise day! :D

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:14 pm

Wow. 53 pushups in one shot??

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:22 pm

I broke them up into sets of 10, with 25 crunches in between each set. I kept moving the whole time, no rests, so it was a good workout!

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:23 pm

That's exactly what I've been doing. Definitely gets the blood flowing. :)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:23 pm

Friday, September 2, 2005

No-S... :D

Dinner: Tuna Pot Pie (tuna, homemade cream of mushroom soup, peas, homemade biscuit topper); homegrown (but not in my home -- our parishioners are very generous with their garden produce!) tomatoes

Exercise: Urban Rangering: well over 15,000 steps! (I'm updating the step count close to midnight. What a busy day!)
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:30 am

Jan, your walking is almost pre-industrial. I'm amazed.

Did you see this article I posted a while back on the old group about (among other things) the "Amish pedometer" experiment?

http://www.harvardmagazine.com/on-line/050465.html

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:30 am

It's even better than I originally posted!

I'll go to your link tomorrow morning when I get up. Now it's time to take my tired footsies to bed.

G'nite all!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:48 am

Saturday, September 4, 2005

S-Day... :D
Exercise... :D

Dinner: pork chop; mashed potatoes; broccoli

S-Day indulgences: syrup on my breakfast bacon omelette AND jelly on my toast; a little apple jelly with my pork chop; a little peanut butter crispy thing for a late evening snack.

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 9,000 steps

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:21 pm

Whaaaaat??????
Jelly????

Come on Jammin' Jan! Remember your name!!!
It's not Jelly Jan!!!!

Hee hee...
Did you make your own Apple jelly? I always loved applesauce on pork chops and other stuff like potato latkes... Yummy...
Glad you had a nice S day!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:03 am

Sunday, September 4, 2005. Yesterday was the 3rd, not the 4th. I think I wrote a check on Friday and dated it the 5th. Well, as long as the numbers are in there somewhere, I guess it's okay.

S-Day... :D oh baby.
Exercise... :)

We took our daughter and her best friend to the Minneapolis Art Museum and so spent several hours on our feet walking around...still only have 5500 steps for the day. I may do some chi kung before bedtime.

Then we all went to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Had to have the Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter, but brought half home for a terrific lunch tomorrow. We have gone to many different Spaghetti Factories around the country over the past 25 years or so, and are dreaming of going on a mega-car-trip when we retire and hit all the rest of them. We'll send postcards from the restaurant in Honolulu!

Ate too much today, and am looking forward to the structure and discipline of tomorrow's no-s day.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 am

Monday, September 5, 2005

Dinner: 4-cheese tortellini topped with sausage in marinara sauce; tomatoes; crook-neck squash

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 10,000 steps; 53 push-ups; 100 crunches

Today is the last day of summer vacation for me. Tomorrow we begin our 16th, and final, year of homeschooling. Ethics and Morals, American Literature, Geometry, American History, American Government, Economics, Consumer Skills, and Conversational French are our subjects for this year. :D

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:35 am

Jan, your daily pattern seems so healthy in so many ways! I hope it will continue through the coming change in your schedule.

And BTW ... I'm quite impressed by all the subjects you teach!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:46 am

And I'm impressed with your cheese tortellini and sausage dinner...
Can I come over for leftovers tomorrow???

Yeah Jan, you must be really smart!!!!
Your kids are lucky!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:18 am

The difficulty level of homeschooling is vastly over-rated. Perseverance, patience, and a sense of humor are the main requisites for the job.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:03 pm

Monday, September 6, 2005

Today was our first day back homeschooling and it was a new no-s challenge for me. I have a 15-year habit of having a snack between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. It was easy enough during the summer, when I was up and about, doing many things. But now it is school-time, and 15 years is a hard habit to break. My poor little starving tummy was really growling.

Well, no snack for you, I said!

But when I was fixing up my lunch plate, I thought I would just put a little extra on that plate, as long as it wasn't piled or hanging off the edge. I mean, I was dying with hunger!!!

And you know what? I couldn't eat any more than I normally eat since I have become used to no-s-ing.

Weird, huh? Guess this "hunger" is mostly in my head. I must be a real mental case.

Now it's dinnertime...and it's an hour later than our usual time to eat and I'm just fine. A good appetite, but that's all.

This No-S program is really terrific.

Today's final report:

Dinner: Crab Roll (make a batch of baking powder biscuit dough and roll it out into a long rectangle. Drain a can of crabmeat and mix with mayo and Old Bay. Spread the crab mixture down the center of the dough and roll up width-wise. Bake as for biscuits. Slice at the table, revealing crab-filled pinwheel biscuits.), zucchini, and home-grown tomatoes.

Exercise: Urban Rangering - 10,000+ steps; chi kung practice, mostly done in iron horse stance (you martial artists know what this is). A real thigh-burner!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:25 pm

Jan:

Good for you for resisting that old habit. I have a similar danger zone: afternoon when the kids come home. That was where the bulk of my extra calories would be consumed. This is the second week of school and I still want a snack. But, so far, so good. I just go clean or do a crossword or keep busy.

Dru

P.S. That dinner sounds yummy. I'll have to try it sometime.

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:17 am

Jan

That's fantastic! I had a similar experience recently, when I snacked through an S day and then couldn't finish a normal plate at dinner time. It really is amazing how such a simple system can have such a far reaching effect on both your body AND mind.

And Peetie's comments about not having to count calories or 'sins' is right on the money as well. I find it so much easier not worrying about *what* I eat. The other day I had the opportunity to have a crusty roll with butter on - I mean: my mouth *drooled* just thinking about it!

So I had it!

I just made room for it on the plate and ate it! Fantastic!

(Thank you Reinhard!)

DaveA
"The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on" - Brian Wansink

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:01 pm

Ha ha!
Dave drooling!

I have had so many times, especially in about the last three, where I've been really thrilled to be a No'sser, and thought "Thanks Reinhard"!!!

The thing is, there is a place for everything on this planet... All food should be fair game! Just in moderation!
That's not to say I'll be eating Japanese Blowfish today, but you know what I'm talking about..
I mean, I've heard so many neurotic conversations at the gym around the food counter where people were just obsessing about "taboo" foods, and I just laugh a self satisfied "internal" (okay sometimes audible!) laugh of pure joy when I realize I'm not a prisoner to this kind of thinking anymore....

Besides,,, we aren't androids (at least I'm not.. LOL..)
and our nutritional and taste needs and wants are, hopefully, a bit different every day... It would just be deathly boring to have to live without certain foods for a whole lifetime...

Anyway, I'm rambling! LOL!!!

Jan!
Good on ya!!!
No snack for you!!!!
And you are not a mental case!!!
(though who am I to judge??? LOL....)
Good luck with your new routine... It might not be the worst thing to at least include a little juice break...

I'm going to write a bit more on this on a new thread...
So keep your eyes :shock:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:36 am

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Exercise... :) nothing to write home about

No problems with not snacking this morning while homeschooling. I'm so glad I was really firm with myself yesterday morning. I don't anticipate problems on the days to come. :D

Dinner: homemade chili con carne; more tomatoes; flour tortillas. Some virtual plating here, since the chili was in a bowl; I feel over-full two hours after dinner, so I think I ate too much. Good chili, though, and I'm really enjoying those tomatoes!

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 5,000+ steps; chi kung this morning; 20-movement full body stretch program this evening.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:09 am

Thursday, September 8, 2005

No S... :D

Dinner: crockpot bbq chicken; corn; baked potato; tomato wedges

Exercise: about 7,000 steps on the counter + 2 miles' worth of Leslie Sansone in-home walking = 11,000 steps total; chi kung practice this morning.

No problems not snacking during homeschool today. I think I have this licked! :D

Je voudrais un patisserie. That's the main thing I learned in school today. S-Days cometh soon!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:45 am

Friday, September 9, 2005

No-S: :)

No sweets, no snacks, seconds today, but I think my meals were too large anyway.

Dinner: pizza; garlic toast

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 10,000 steps; chi kung practice this morning

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:50 am

Jan, another week well done! By the way, I love your new quote ... so cute. It kind of reminds me of "Time flies like an arrow ... Fruit flies like a banana" !

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:44 am

Thanks. It was courtesy of my son. I love your saying, too, and will stick it on an email to aforementioned son!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:29 am

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Treats today...pre-breakfast snack of a bowl of oatmeal and raisins; syrup on my breakfast pancakes; half a cup of Coke; and one small fudge brownie, made by a Church Lady, and you know how they can cook!

Exercise...Urban Rangering in really high humidity, 10,000+ steps.

Weigh-in this morning...holding steady at 104 pounds. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:34 am

I am twice your weight!!! LOL.... :lol:

Wow, and even with eating a brownie too eh?
Maybe I need to start doing 10,000 steps and Qigong every day again!

Jammin Jan! You are so little and cute!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:57 am

I really do recommend the 10,000 step program paired with qigong. Both are so simple, so healthful, and so inexpensive to do. Everyone knows how to walk, and qigong can be learned quickly and easily from dvd's or tapes. It is non-injurious at any age or condition, and builds up energy, instead of tiring you out. Except if you do it right before bed, then you'll sleep very soundly. Deb, you already know about qugong, but I am putting this plug in for anyone else who is reading this post. Sneaky, huh? :)

If you decide to do the 10,000 step program, an interesting book to read is "The Step Diet." It will come with an Accusplit step counter. The "diet" can basically be summed up as "Eat 1/4 less." The exercise is just walking. It's interesting to see how they make a whole book out of that! It is very compatible with No-S.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:02 am

Sunday, September 11, 2005; Fourth Anniversary of 9/11

Had a wonderful late lunch at Famous Dave's. Their ribs and catfish are really terrific. Dinner was very tiny tonight after that meal!

Spent all afternoon wandering around a mall and some other outdoor stores with husband and daughter. The step-counter only recorded about 7,000 steps for the day, but my tired tootsies feel like we walked more than that. I think the counter doesn't pick up the steps as well when we are in window-shopping mode. Also had nice qigong practice, about 20 minutes.

navin

Post by navin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:29 am

Their ribs and catfish are really terrific.
And don't forget those cornbread muffins... :)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 am

Oh yeah, the cornbread, and the drunken apples, too!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:01 am

Monday, September 12, 2007

Dinner: ham slices with cranberry sauce; green beans; still working on those tomatoes!; biscuits with lite veg spread.

Exercise: chi kung in the morning; 9,450 steps from Urban Rangering and gazelle. I wanted to do more walking yesterday, but we were having terrific storms all day...thunder, lightning, and downpours. Last night was really noisy. Hoping today will be quieter and drier!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:11 pm

Jan: is the chi kung anything like Tai Chi?
Dru

P.S. I'm jealous of your storms. We don't have exciting weather like that here.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:11 pm

I could live without the exciting weather! We were also under a tornado watch last night, as I found out later.

All tai chi is chi kung, but not all chi kung is tai chi. So, tai chi is a sub-set of chi kung.

More specifically, when you think of tai chi, you think of a very graceful and flowing set of movements, each connected to the other. If you look more carefully, you will see shifting balance and breathing coordinated with the moves.

Chi kung (also spelled qigong) also emphasizes deep breathing coordinated with the moves. Weight is shifted from left to right. It is slow, graceful, and flowing. But (and I am speaking only about standing & moving chi kung routines here; there are also standing/stationary and sitting sets, too) instead of 24 or 48 or 108 distinct moves, there may be only (for example) 5 or 8 moves, but they are repeated in sets. Do 8 of the first move, then pause, and then do 8 of the next move, etc. It is much easier to learn than tai chi, requires very little floor space, and confers the same physical benefits. And the benefits come whether you "believe" in chi, or are just looking for a Western (stretch and strengthen) workout. No injuries, no sweat, no equipment.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:20 pm

Hey Jan! I'm just posting this to add to what you already said...
Dru, here's a link to a great Qi Gong workbook... It's really clear.. the thing about practicing Qi Gong on your own, that is pretty important is that you really need some feedback from someone who knows a bit about the correct stance and form, at the beginning to help you get in good spinal allignment and move from your center...
Qi Gong is finally being recognized, here in the West, as a very profound way to heal ourselves... Moving stagnant energy, cultivating and preserving your current chi, and taking in Universal energy is the foundation of this type of exercise... Chi Kung or Qi Gong, it's all the same meaning
"Energy exercises..."
It is becoming a standard form of rehabilitation and treatment for cancer... I know when I was practicing regularly, I never got sick.. Even during the cold months of Winter, and I had plenty of allergies and asthma etc, before I ever tried this... It boosts your immune system big time...
There are many forms of Qi Gong, but it's generally believed that it's best to learn the "Soft" forms before the "Hard" or martial arts forms, such as Iron Shirt qigong...
Here's the book I used at Swedish Institute of Massage... Unfortunately, I wasn't there the year the Master Huang taught a special seminar at the school... wow, I missed out!!! He is supposed to be the best! So here's his book...
Not sure if it's in print but it's good.... Amazon has everything...
It's just a spiral bound light workbook, but it has about 10 "soft" exercises that any beginner should start with..
This is a long link, and if it wasn't you Dru, I doubt I'd even bother copying it down, it's so long!!! LOL..
Love,
8) Deb
ps.. Jan, I used to warm up and sweat plenty when I really got into my Qi Gong practice!!! No not like jogging up a hill, but I got pretty warm there!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 70-2588/33

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:18 pm

I still warm up, but the sweating passed years ago.

Dru:
There are many good resources available, even if you can't get to class. If you want to pursue this further, let me know and I will post some amazon links for you.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:45 am

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Today is our son's & his wife's second wedding anniversary.

Dinner: Sausage Bake (brown a pound of ground sausage meat; mix with a couple of cans of spicy beans and their liquid; heat thoroughly; pour into a greased 8x8" casserole; mix up a little box of Jiffy Cornbread mix (or make your own cornbread); spoon over beans and meat; bake uncovered at 400 F until the cornbread is browned); tomatoes; cauliflower

Exercise: 26 min. on the gazelle + outdoor Urban Rangering = 10,000 steps; 40 min. chi kung, split morning and evening.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:59 am

Hi Jan!
Your dinner sounds soooo good!!!

Great idea for Fall and Winter... I'm almost ready to start using the oven again...
Keep Jammin!!!
Love,
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi Girls.

Thanks very much for the information. There is a Tai Chi class at our club. It is outside on the grass which is a common way to practice is it not? I was just curious because I'd heard Jan speak of Chi Kung and I knew the two had to be related.

I will check out the site too Deb, thanks. I like the idea of not getting sick.

Alright, got to run.

D.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:25 pm

Practicing any Chi exercises is nice outside because Nature vibrates on a level which permeates all living things and when you are plopped down in the house, you are connected less to that field of vibration...
I mean, it's pretty obvious how different we feel sitting in a field of flowers or walking through the woods than sitting on our tuchis in front of the computer or tv!
Ha ha...
Like I am now!
But beware that the class isn't held in the high Midday Sun, that's pretty strong, and the idea is to cultivate your chi, not deplete it through extremes...

I took Tai Chi about twenty years ago! Went for about five lessons...
It was great, but the teacher wasn't a real nice guy and when I got the flu, he got really nasty about his refund policy... I was pretty broke then and that bit of "businessmanship" on his part, resulted in my dropping his class..
(I mean it was 20 dollars? I would have let the person get a credit toward the following week... it was a big group class, not an individual private lesson, so come on....)
Have fun!
When you come to NY, I can certainly show you a fifteen minute daily routine to practice on your own, of very basic Qigong exercises...
If we actually get a chance to hang outside of NYC...
That city vibrates on a totally frenetic level...
Just soooooo many people crammed into one place~~~
Have a lovely day Drusky~
Hi Jammin Jan, thanks for the Jam space~
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

hlidskjalf

Post by hlidskjalf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:47 pm

There are quite a few free chi gung resources online. Here is one that might interest:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/index.htm

videos for download, exercise music etc all free. It is the Shovel Glove of Chi Kung.

Wait hm.. is Shovel Glove banned in China?
Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:26 pm

What a great quote Hlid!!!
You just made my day....

It is horrible what they have done to people who are simply practicing a simple and peaceful thing as this...
It's criminal...
Best to you!

Hey Jammin Jan... What's for dinner tonight? I'm hungry!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:23 pm

Hmmmmm, Deb........now that I know you are waiting for dinner, I guess I will have to cook up something nice. Stay tuned...

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Dinner...Salmom Croquettes; Rice with Garlicky Lemon Butter; Green Peas; Biscuits

Exercise...Urban Rangering, 10,000 steps; Five Element Qigong this morning.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Dinner...Salmom Croquettes;

Sorry Jan, I'll have to pass, I don't eat Salmom...
It's off my diet....
LOL....

I feel sorry for Sal....

Have a great night lady!
Love,
8) Deb
Boy, this is weird, the quote thingy is definitely not a skill I have it seems..
I am in quotes but it is you I wanted to quote!!! Ha ha.. How ironic...

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:02 am

Salmom...oops! In general, I have tried to give up cannibalism.

Actually, it was good...a new recipe from the way I usually make them: Drain a can (16 oz. or so) of salmon. Squish up the little bones (good for calcium!). Mix in an egg and 1/2 cup Bisquick. Heat up shallow oil (I used olive oil, but do what you like) in a skillet. Form salmon into patties and cook in the oil. Turn when browned on the bottom and cook to brown the other side. Drain on paper towel. If you don't use too much oil in the pan, there isn't much draining to do. They are nice and crispy on the outside.

I can't seem to do the quotes either, so I just do copy and paste and put my own quotation marks in.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:11 am

Dinner...Salmom Croquettes;
Ha! :twisted: I did it! Here's what I did...

1)This should be the first thing you do before you type anything at all in the reply box. I don't know how to put a quote in the middle of a reply yet. So, first thing...click the quote button.

2)Scroll down the page to where previous posts appear. Highlight the text you want to quote, then copy and paste it right next to the
in your reply.

3)Click the quote button again.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am

Thursday, September 15, 2005

No S... :D

Dinner: crock-pot meatloaf; French-cut green beans; fresh tomatoes; baked potatoes with lite veg spread.

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 11,000 steps!
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:54 am

Jan, num-num! I wish I could eat over at your house!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:09 am

It was the Tomatoes that did it.. Right Betsy!
LOL..
Hi Jan!
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:04 am

Friday, September 16, 2005

In light of everything I ate today, which was just about everything, and in mass quantities (a la Coneheads) at that, I solemnly declare today to be an Official S-day for me. This is in order to avoid frowny faces on my check-in. Solving the problem by redefining it.

Lunch...went to Applebee's for lunch and ate a nice chicken salad. There were a couple of ladies we know from church at the table next to us, so we were chatting a little. Then they got dessert, and we chatted about that. They left, and we finished up our lunches. Then the waitress brought us a dessert, compliments of our friends. Had to eat it! Couldn't bring it home because it had ice cream melting on top. Then I waddled out of the restaurant.

Dinner...had already agreed to meet the grown kids for pizza. We all went to a new (for us) pizza place where my husband & I were sharing their vegetarian deluxe. It was one of the best pizzas I've ever had and I ate lots more than a virtual plate.

So, there you are...True Confessions!

Exercise...10,500 steps of outdoor walking.

All in all, it was a fun day. Tomorrow will be quieter, and I am going to make it a no-s day just to even things out.

Hasta lasagna everyone.
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:32 am

I love lasagna!

Jammin Jan! No Frowny faces are necessary....
You can say today was a coneheads day once in a while... You are human!
That pizza sounded great..

Too bad there aren't any "Coneheads" emoticons for your checkin...

ps..Nice "creative" use of "redefining" heh, heh,,,
Very sneaky little Jammin Jan! You are a sly little fox!
Smiley face continuity must be maintained! :P

With Love,
:wink: Deb
pps "We are from France... Consume mass quantities!" LOL...

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:44 am

Saturday, September 17, 2005

No-S: :D (doing penance because of yesterday's sins!)

Breakfast: a spartan but tasty oatmeal & raisins; orange juice

Lunch: Lots of leftovers...small baked potato, half a plate of green beans, and a slice of meatloaf topped with bbq sauce

Dinner: sloppy joes (I'll bet we're the only family you know who eats sloppy joes with a knife and fork!); peas; tomatoes

Exercise: 12,000 steps :D , mostly from Urban Rangering, but some from time on the gazelle with a dvd from Tony Little. He calls it a "butt-kickin' workout", and it was.

Tomorrow I will enjoy a reasonable S-Day. Have a great weekend everyone!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:14 am

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Lunch was the main meal today...husband, daughter, and I went to Noodles and Company where I tried a vegetarian Pad Thai with tofu for the first time. I'm a big tofu fan anyway, so I really enjoyed this. Also had a bottle of Nantucket Orange Mango juice which reminded me of what we used to drink when we lived in the Virgin Islands a few years ago.

Dinner was just leftovers: a plate of green beans, green peas, and a sloppy joe.

Exercise: Urban Rangering at a big outdoor mall + 30 vigorous minutes on the gazelle came out to about 7,500 steps.

I always look forward to the structure of No-S on Mondays.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:23 am

Monday, September 19, 2005

No-S.... :D
Exercise..... :D

Today was a very stressful day for me, since we are in the middle of a family crisis. "It's always something," said Roseanne Roseanna Danna's Grandpa. And he was right! But I didn't resort to mindless food-shovelling as a response, so that's a good thing. No-S has become my M.O., I guess.

Dinner...Popeye's Red Beans and Rice (homemade, from a copycat recipe), corn, biscuits

Exercise...brisk walk = 7,500 steps. It's still early in the evening yet, so I may do something more before bedtime. Maybe stretch routine or chi kung; I think I'm going to need it if I want to sleep tonight!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:04 am

Jan, I hope your family situation works out for the best.

re: sloppy joes with knife & fork -- you're not alone! :)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:12 am

Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2005

Exercise.... :D

Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins; orange juice

Lunch: leftover red beans & rice; corn; biscuit

Dinner: macaroni & cheese; spinach; cauliflower

Note to self: I need to go back to eating from smaller plates; I am feeling over-full after dinner. Is my stomach shrinking???

Exercise: 12,000 steps, mostly outdoor Urban Rangering.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:47 am

Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2005

I couldn't post last night because of thunder/lightning storms that went on all night. Mostly we were just watching local weather for tornados.

Dinner: taco meatballs (ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning. Mix well, roll into balls. Cook in a skillet until done. Serve with salsa or taco sauce.); broccoli; cornbread (I have developed a fat-free, low-sugar cornbread recipe, if anyone's interested.)

Exercise: lots of Urban Rangering, nearly 11,000 steps.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:54 am

I'm *definately* making some of those as soon as I next get access to a kitchen of my own!

I'd also like your cornbread recipe please.

C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:10 am

Thursday, Sept. 22, 2005

Dinner: thin-cut boneless pork chops cooked in butter and soy sauce, seasoned with garlic and freshly cracked black pepper; rice; green beans

Exercise: [Shovelglove, 14 min. = 1400 steps] + [Urban Rangering= 8600 steps] = 10,000 steps for the day.

CORNBREAD: I developed this recipe when I was doing the McDougall Program. It has no fat, no eggs, and no milk, and a reduced amount of sugar.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or spray an 8" cake pan.

Mix together:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking POWDER
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3/4 teaspoons baking SODA

In a separate measuring cup, stir together:

1 and 1/4 cups water (dairy, soy, or rice milks all work fine, too)
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider, doesn't matter)

When the oven reaches temp., stir the liquid into the dry. Mix quickly and don't over-mix. Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 30 minutes -- toothpick test for doneness. Let stand in the pan 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool on a rack or serve.

I also have many other similar quick bread recipes, if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:42 am

Cheers! I will definately be trying this out as soon as I get access to my own kitchen again.
C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:44 am

Friday, Sept. 23, 2005

I sure do love giving myself these smileys every day. It's like a gold star in kindergarten, but for grown-ups!

Breakfast: poached egg on toast; one more piece of toast; orange juice

Lunch: Applebee's Veggie Patch Pizza; iced tea, no sugar

Dinner: leftovers

Exercise: 9,600 steps, mostly from outdoor rangering.

Woooo-hoooo...we all know what tomorrow is, right?????!!!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:52 am

Maybe you should get your Jam all ready in advance of S day toast!!!
LOL....
Have a great weekend Jammin Jan!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:25 am

Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 24 & 25, 2005

Happy S-Days! :D
Exercise: Rest Days :)

Little S-Day treats....two late-night snacks, of oatmeal and raisins. Some hazelnut syrup in my after-dinner coffee. A second helping of last night's chicken.

Almond Chicken

Melt some butter in a large baking dish. Lay out some chicken pieces (about 2 pounds). Bake uncovered at 350 F. until browning, about 45 minutes. Pour a can of cream of chicken soup over the chicken. Top with a package (about 1/3 cup) of sliced almonds. Bake uncovered another 20 minutes or so.

You will have to use your judgment as to how long to bake -- it depends on the size of your chicken pieces.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:16 pm

Monday, Sept. 26, 2005

Dinner: cabbage-beef dish (cook one pound ground beef or ground turkey; drain; put in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with chopped cabbage to cover. Top that with a can of tomato soup. Cover lightly and bake for an hour or so at 350 F., or until the cabbage is well-cooked.);
baking powder biscuits; corn

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 7,000 steps; 30-movement stretch routine.

Gorgeous autumn day here in MN.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:46 am

Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2005

Exercise... :)

Haven't been posting much due to slight illness. :( I'm much better now, though. :D

Last night's dinner was crockpot chili con carne, with red beans and posole (hominy). Flour tortillas to go with that.

Exercise: really struggling to move the past few days! Urban Rangering plus chi kung came up to about 7500 steps.

Today is going to be really busy, so I don't suppose I will have time to catch up on all the posts I've missed reading over the past few days. Hope everyone's doing great here.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:46 pm

Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2005

Dinner... fried chicken wing; half a plate of green peas; biscuit with lite veg spread.

Exercise...30 minutes on the gazelle + some rangering = 7,000 steps. Chi kung practice this evening.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:42 pm

Thursday, Sept. 29, 2005

No-S: :) (not a perfect day)

Breakfast was a little lighter than usual, so by lunchtime I was really starving. Ate my usual lunch, but was still hungry, so I had a second helping.

Dinner: Beanie Wienie; green beans; sweet French baguette slice

Exercise: Urban Rangering + gazelle = nearly 11,000 steps; nice chi kung practice this morning; was feeling like I could just float on up through the ceiling. :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:51 am

Friday, Sept. 30, 2005

Main meal was at lunch: curried noodles with steamed veggies and tofu; orange mango juice

Exercise: Urban Rangering, 11,000 steps; chi kung, about 10 minutes. I also tried a program which is new to me, called "Tiger Moves". It is to weights what air guitar is to playing a real guitar. Great moves, no equipment. Felt like a muscular version of chi kung, I think.

Now today is Saturday and I have a couple of S-days in front of me. Gotta love it!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:32 pm

Yo Tiger Jan!!!!
Have a great weekend baby!
ps.. What's up with your smiley faces??? LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:36 pm

"Where have all my smileys gone?
Long time passing.
Where have all my smileys gone?
Long time ago.
Where have all my smileys gone?
Vanished in cyberspace every one......

No clue where they are.

Here's a link for anyone who wants to see Tiger Moves in action...also Hindu squats and push-ups.

http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com/exercises.html

Fun stuff!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:58 pm

Ha ha ha you flower child!
LOL...

8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:37 pm

:D :D :D :D We're baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!