David's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:12 pm

Friday, 09/15/06

This is day 61.

exercise: 14 minutes SG with 16# hammer=various swinging movements and a few type II burpees. I'm getting used to the heavier hammer now although it is by no means easy. The burpees, however, were much easier today than they have been in the past. I plan to incorporate more of them on a daily basis.

No-S: SUCCESS!

Today is weigh-in day. The measurement was 226# which is a nice decrease. So, as of day 61 on No-S habit I have lost a total of 11 lbs. which is an average of a bit more than one lb. per week. Still on target!

On the injury front I'm feeling really good lately. My shoulder is about 90% or better. My ulnar nerve issues have largely cleared up. My ab strain is 100% most days and my big right toe and my little left toe are not causing any problems. I went pretty heavy this week and didn't fall apart. Next week I'll ramp it up a bit more, even.

david

Post by david » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Monday, 09/18/06

TODAY IS DAY 64!

I've successfully stayed on habit for over two months/more than 3 21-day cycles. No-S wise, I'll just post funny stuff, etc. from now on.

Exercise wise I'll post changes, updates, etc. here. I'm still getting used to my new hammer and I am throwing other stuff in the mix too. I'm feeling much fitter lately.

--david

david

Post by david » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:02 pm

Wed. 09/20/06

My shovelglove routine with my new hammer is as follows: I do SG M/W/F and each session is a 21/14/7 rep protocol. Monday and Friday I do 21 pushups, 21 shovel L/R, 21 churn L/R, and 21 chop L/R. Then the sequence is repeated with 14 reps and 7 reps. Wednesday is the same but instead of pushups I do thrusters with 35# DBs. If there is any of the 14 minutes left I'll do other moves like hoist the sack. The total volume lifted on Wednesday, for example, is over 7,500 lbs. in 14 minutes!

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll do a grab-bag of stuff, the specifics of which will depend on my mood and fatigue level. Options include SG with a lighter hammer, rope skipping, rings exercises, DB lifts, Indo Board, stretching, live cat juggling, etc....

No-S is still firmly on track.

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Friday, 09/22/06

This is day 68.

NoS is still right on track.

Shovelglove is still my darling. The 16 pound hammer was just a bit easier on me this morning--I didn't feel as much muscle stress and I completed the routine is less time than before so I was able to do more "auxiliary" moves at the end. (Plus I felt froggy enough to do the last sets of churns single-handed.)

Exercise overall is going well. I'm often sore lately... I hope this will translate into strength!

Tonight we're celebrating my wife's birthday, so it's an S night!

Weigh-in day=227#.....Up a pound from last week, which is not surprising considering the intensity of exercise I've been doing. I would imagine that pound is water (inflammation, glycogen) and perhaps a bit of muscle. I'm still averaging one pound loss per week.

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:16 pm

Friday, 09/29/06

This is day 75.

This is also weigh-in day. Today the scales read 224 lbs. This is down three pounds from last week. The total loss over almost 11 weeks is 15 lbs.

No funny No-S stuff to report.

I've only had three morning exercise sessions this week rather than my usual five. We adopted a dog for my daughter and my morning time those two days was used up helping the dog learn our morning routine! I suspect this will settle down in another week or two and I'll be back on track. I've toyed with the idea of walking the dog in the mornings and doing SG another time of day....we'll see.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:32 pm

3 pounds... wow that's great! Nice to see you are doing so freat still, David.
Enjoy your weekend!
:lol:
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks, but the three pounds loss was mostly due to me being in an emotional state where I didn't feel like eating much. I wouldn't be surprised if it rebounds.

Anyway, good work on your continued weight loss. Good luck with the emotional stuff!

--david

david

Post by david » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:54 pm

Friday, 10/6/06

Today is day 82 on No-S habit. No funny stuff to report.

Today is also weigh-in day. The measure was 222 lbs.

Exercise has been sporadic but will pick up again solidly next week!

Benjumanji

Post by Benjumanji » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Great job, David! 17# gone--I guess that three pounds was for real.

Your hard work is paying off. Keep it up, and thanks for the inspiration.
Carol

"If not now, when?"

david

Post by david » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Thanks Carol!

Keeping the weight loss to about a pound a week has actually been pretty easy. No-S is good stuff!

--david

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:49 am

Hi Dave!
I wanted to send you some good vibes dood!!!
Glad to see you are still going strong!!!!
Have a great week!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. hope you feel better!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

david

Post by david » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:16 pm

Thanks Deb!

Stuff is going well now. I'm back on track.

--david

david

Post by david » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:46 pm

Friday, 10/13/06

Today is No-S day 89--no funny stuff to report.

Today is weigh-in day=221 lbs. (one lb. down from last week).

Total weight lost is 16 lbs. over almost 13 weeks=better than one lb. per week lost.

My exercise is getting back on track. I had four good sessions this week.

I'm still Urban Rangering some each weekday.

I'll just stick to the ES plan and watch the success keep rolling in!

david

Post by david » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:09 pm

Wednesday, November 11th, 2006

Still going fine on No-S. I'm beyond day 100 and I haven't had any big no-no's that I can remember. My weight is up a bit, which is typical for me with the onset of cold weather--it'll even out eventually.

Shugging is also good. I had to ease back for a few days because of a tweaked wrist. I'm going strong now!

david

Post by david » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:36 pm

Still going well with No-S. I have recently started simplifying my meals and eating less heavy (less meat, cheese, etc.) in preparation for the holiday extravaganzas to come. I'm feeling good. My weight loss slowed down but I'm recently back to losing inches from my waist.

Shovelglove I still do three or four times per week. I'm still mixing in pushups and squats and I do some pullups and rope jumping every week. It's all sort of automatic now. I go back and forth between my 12# and my 16# hammers but the 12# is feeling really light lately so I might have to get exclusive with the 16#.

I recently tossed out all of my weekly weight loss logs because I realized that weight, like age, is just a number and is no indicator of how I FEEL. I'll still weigh every week just to head off any big gains at the pass but I'm not motivated to record it (or obsess over it).

Also, nuts rule. If you are reading this and you are not eating almonds, walnuts, pecans (the king), etc. DAILY then you are doing yourself a disservice (assuming you are not allergic.)

--david

British Chap

Post by British Chap » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 am

David,

Firstly - fantastic job on the NoS front. It's a real inspiration and encouragement to read about you doing so well and feeling the benefits. It's also helpful to read how you've adjusted your goals as you've moved along the journey. Well done and keep going!

I'm intrigued by your 'nuts' comment. Please can you share some background on why you say this and also how you fit them into your eating pattern - 'cause I know that you won't be eating them as a snack!

Big respect :D

Gareth

david

Post by david » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:05 pm

Gareth,

Nuts have protein, fiber, beneficial fats, and a good profile of vitamins and minerals. They have been shown in studies to not make subjects gain weight even when snacked upon. From an evolutionary perspective, what could be a more perfect food for the human ape than tree nuts?

I put nuts in my breakfast smoothies or add them to cereal. I often put a dozen or so along the edge of my plate for other meals. Even if I had to snack on them between meals to fit them into my diet I would do so.

Another great food that I sprinkle on soups, etc. is lightly pan toasted pumpkin seeds. I'm sure any winter squash seed would work.

I appreciate your compliments. It's strange though because No-S is just habit now like brushing my teeth or looking both ways before crossing the street. In other words, No-S doesn't involve "trying" at this point.

thanks,
david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:24 pm

David,

"Like brushing your teeth" -- congratulations! That's solid.

I'm big on nuts too. I eat them in my oatmeal almost every weekday for lunch.

Reinhard

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:09 am

That's great to hear, David! I've watched you going along since you started and you've done great along the whole way. Can't wait to see you post a pic of your rockin bod :)
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:20 pm

I originally was going to post before and during pictures, but then I realized "the before" is beside the point. Now, when I hit 200 lbs. or 39 years old (whichever first) I think I'll post a pic. By then I hope to be a bit more "rockin" and a little less "rollin."

Thanks for the support Christi!

--david

david

Post by david » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:38 pm

12/14/06

Holidays=lots of S days--got to be careful! If I can keep the S days to a minimum I'll be doing OK on No-S. I'm in a holding pattern weight-wise but I hope to break through the winter blahs soon.

Urban Rangering is really important right now because I need the sun exposure. When I get enough sun I'm not tempted to eat as much and I'm just happier in general.

Shovelglove is very important in keeping my metabolism revving. I've been tinkering with some other exercise protocols lately with little success. I started Vern Gambetta's PushPullSquat protocol with dumbbells and frankly, it's just not very hard compared to my normal SG stuff. So, next week it's back to SG as the base with a few random things like pushups, pullups, squats sprinkled in.

--david

david

Post by david » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:12 pm

12/18/06

Shovelglove=SUCCESS 16lb. hammer and some lunges

NoS=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Tuesday, 12/19/06

Shovelglove=SUCCESS

NoS=SUCCESS
Last edited by david on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:02 pm

That sun exposure thing is very interesting. I've noticed a slight "depression" of sorts if I stay indoors too much. I've read things about that in college too (people who live in the upper Northern Hemisphere & have like months of darkness)

I will be keeping that in mind more now and hopefully recognize the signs as you have.

Good one.
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Wed. 12/20/06

Shovelglove: SUCCESS

NoS: F A I L U R E (way too much pizza topped off with some chocolate)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:43 pm

NoS: F A I L U R E (way too much pizza topped off with some chocolate)

I never tried pizza topped with chocolate. Was it good? :wink:

david

Post by david » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:07 pm

No, no--the FAILURE was topped with chocolate!

--david

david

Post by david » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Fri. 12/21/06

This week has been a very good shovelglove week and a bad No-S week. On the bright side, I managed to drop a couple of pounds (likely due to the SG).

It's a tough time of year. I plan to re-tool and hit the ground running on January 2nd, 2007.

--david

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:57 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR DAVID!!
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks Christi! Let's both have a great 2007!

--david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:25 pm

Happy new year, David! The holiday's are tough. I'm confident, given your record so far, that you'll bounce back quickly.

Reinhard

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Thanks for the support Reinhard!

Now that 2007 has started and the holiday decorations are all packed away, I'm feeling better.

Shugging/exercise is going well.

No-S is back on track again.

I'm dropping all soda drinks--even on S days.

By the end of 2007 I intend to reach my goal weight of 200# and I also intend to increase my max pull-ups and push-ups by at least double what they are now.

More updates soon....

--david

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:21 pm

Thursday, 01/18/07

Pretty much on track for No-S. I had one small rule violation in the last week.

Morning exercise is going very well. I mostly do Shovelglove with a few other things thrown in. Attacking the three-inch thick layer of ice on my driveway using various tools has given me a nice afternoon session the last few days. SG definitely helped me prepare for the work!

I haven't been doing enough Urban Ranger lately because of the recent ice storm. I have loaded up my backpack, so I'll be carrying extra weight when I do start UR again.

My bodyweight is 228# right now. My goal is still 200#. Assuming I stay on track, I should hit my goal this summer.

--david

david

Post by david » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Tuesday, 01/30/07

STARTING OVER!!!

I'm starting my success/failure tracking again because I've been all over the map lately!

Starting weight=232 lbs. (I'll record weight every Friday until I reach my goal weight of 200#)

Day 1:

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS
Last edited by david on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 pm

I can relate. :oops:
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Wednesday, 01/31/07:

Exercise=SUCCESS (Indo Board, pushups, DB swings, DB side presses, DB squats)

NoS=FAILURE (Soda pop at lunch and one too many plates).

david

Post by david » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Thursday, 02/01/07

Exercise=SUCCESS (Indo Board and 14 minutes SG)

NoS=SUCCESS!

david

Post by david » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Friday, 02/02/07

Exercise=SUCCESS

NoS=SUCCESS

Weight today=233#

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 am

Hey David!!!
Did I miss something? Where did you go?
~Christi~
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Christi,

Off the map for a bit!

Back on habit tomorrow!

--david

david

Post by david » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 pm

Thursday, 04/05/07

I've been doing No-S about 85-90%

I've been shovelgloving about 3 or 4 times a week.

I take several short walks per day.

By the end of April, I will be at 95%-100% No-S and 5-days-a-week shugging.

Let me re-iterate something: nothing works better for me than the Trifecta::::No-S+Shovelglove+Urban Ranger.

I've been sitting (zen-style) a few minutes every morning for a few weeks. I'm learning the virtue of plain and boring! In a similar way, the Trifecta may be plain and boring, but I find it very "virtuous."

--david

david

Post by david » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:47 pm

07/02/07 Monday

I'm back on track, No-S wise. This is day 5.

More to come...

david

Post by david » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:20 pm

07/05/07 Thursday

I'm having a bit of trouble because I'm developing an intolerance for dairy. Eggs may be a bit iffy as well. I'm 90% on habit and once I get my dietary stuff straighted out I'll be fine.

My dietary issues are leaving me feeling a bit under the weather and I've only been doing Shovelglove in a half-assed way. That will get better as well with patience....

david

Post by david » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:24 pm

:twisted:

david

Post by david » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Wednesday, 09/19/07:

*******Day #1 of new cycle.*******

No-S=SUCCESS!

I'm more goal-oriented this time around. I am attending an event in mid-June 2007 and I would like to be carrying substantially less fat at that time. I have 39 weeks and I would like to reduce down to about 210 lbs. My current weight=246 lbs...... 36 lbs. in 39 weeks seems do-able!

My exercising has been pretty good, but I could do with more consistancy. My plan is to jump rope and shovelglove every N-day.

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Thurs. 09/20/07

Day 2

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Fri. 09/21/07

Day#3

Exercise=jump rope, pushups, and SG

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:54 pm

MON. 9/24/07

Exercise=IndoBoard

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Tue. 9/25/07

Exercise: SG and JR

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:58 pm

Wed. 9/26/07

exercise=SG, JR, pushups, bridge

No-S=F A I L U R E

david

Post by david » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Thurs. 9/27/07

exercise=IndoBoard

No-S=F A I L U R E (soda pop at lunch)

david

Post by david » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Friday 9/28/07

Exercise: Indo Board, squats, pushups, body, rows, ~4 minutes SG

No-S: f a i l u r e

david

Post by david » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Monday 10/1/07:

exercise=DB swings and presses, SG

S-day because of anniversary.

david

Post by david » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Tue. 10/2/07

exercise=pushups, SG

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Thursday 10/4/07

I'll be keeping track on the HabitCal and report stuff beyond success/failure here.

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Thursday, 01/03/08

Exercise: SUCCESS=a bit of SG and FlowFit

No-S=SUCCESS!

Starting weight on 1/2/08 was 252 lbs.

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Friday 1/4/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Monday 1/7/08

Exercise=SUCCESS (SG, pushups, squats)

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Tuesday, 01/08/08

Exercise=SUCCESS (SG, pushups, squats, jump rope)

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Wednesday, 1/9/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

Thursday, 1/10/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Friday, 01/11/08

DAY 8, WEIGHT=248#

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Monday, 01/14/08

S DAY

david

Post by david » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Tuesday, 1/15/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

----------------------------------------------------

Wed. 1/16/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS
Last edited by david on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi David!
Hope you are well!
Looks like your New Year's getting off on the right foot man!
Still doing your hardcore exercising I see!!
You rock!!
Best to you and the family.
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 am

Wow David, this year is off to a fantastic start. You are a real encouragement for the rest of us to keep up with our exercise.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi Deb! Hi MerryKat!
--------------------------------------

Thursday, 01/17/08

Exercise:sore-did less than usual

No-S: SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Friday, 01/18/08

Day 15, weight=249#

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Monday 01/21/08

Exercise: SUCCESS

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 01/22/08

Wednesday 01/23/08

Thursday 01/24/08

Last edited by david on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:04 pm

You are the exercise king...as usual

I see the weight coming down. Good for you.
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Christi,

It's easy to be the exercise king when you only have to rule for 14 minutes a day.

--david

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Friday, 01/25/08

Day 22, weight=250#

21 days completed. Net loss 2 lbs. Feeling good.

david

Post by david » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Monday 1/28/08

---------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 1/29/08

Wednesday 01/30/08

Thursday 01/31/08

No-S: F A I L U R E

david

Post by david » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Friday, 02/01/08

My weight today = 252 which is where I started. I think I need to be stricter about the rules and I need to reduce the number of restaurant lunches.

david

Post by david » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Monday 2/4/08

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tue. 02/05/08 & Wed. 02/06/08

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 02/07/08

david

Post by david » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Friday 02/08/08

Day 36 Weight=250 lbs.

david

Post by david » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Mon. 2/11/08, Tue. 2/12/08

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wed. 2/13/08

------------------------------------------------------------

Thurs. 2/14/08

No-S: S-DAY

david

Post by david » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Friday 2/15/08 + Monday 2/18/08

all SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Tuesday 2/19/08--Thursday 2/21/08

ALL SUCCESS!

-------------------------------------------------

Friday 02/22/08

Exercise/Training=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

wt today=250 lbs.

david

Post by david » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Monday, 02/25/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

Tuesday, 02/26/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

david

Post by david » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Wednesday, 02/27/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS

------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 02/28/08

Exercise=SUCCESS

No-S=SUCCESS
------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 02/29/08 through Wed. 03/05/08

SUCCESS all around.

david

Post by david » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Thursday, 03/06/08

--------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, 03/07/08

david

Post by david » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Monday, 03/10/08

--------------------------------------

Tuesday, 03/11/08

Last edited by david on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Congratulations on all your successes and your losses.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

david

Post by david » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks, MerryCat!

Wednesday 03/12/08 and Thursday 03/13/08

david

Post by david » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Friday, 03/14/08

Weight today=248

david

Post by david » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Monday 03/17/08, Tuesday 03/18/08

S days (vacation)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 03/19/08

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 03/20/08

-------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 03/21/08

SUCCESS X 2

david

Post by david » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Monday 03/24/08 and Tuesday 03/25/08

SUCCESS X 2
-----------------------------------------------

Wednesday 03/26/08

S DAY

40TH BIRTHDAY

Thursday 03/27/08

david

Post by david » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Friday, 03/28/08

david

Post by david » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Monday 03/31/08

----------------------------------------

Tuesday 04/01/08

-----------------------------------------

Wednesday 04/02/08

No-S: F A I L U R E

david

Post by david » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Thursday, 04/03/08

david

Post by david » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Friday, 04/04/08

There were some really nice looking donuts in the mailroom today. I didn't have much difficulty passing them by.

Weight today: 246

david

Post by david » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Monday 04/07/08

Tuesday 04/08/08

david

Post by david » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Wednesday, 04/09/08

------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 04/10/08

Last edited by david on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

david

Post by david » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm

At 100 days into 2008, No-S and exercise habit has been strong. I have lost a total of 10# since the start of the year.

The No-S part has been pretty effortless. I need to eat weekday lunches at home rather than at restaurants more often. Otherwise, it's going well.

Exercise has been mostly Shovelglove. In the past few weeks I've been upping the intensity a bit with good results.

Slow but steady....

--david

david

Post by david » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Friday, 04/11/08

Exercise: Soreness day off, also aikido clinic this weekend, so resting...

david

Post by david » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Monday, 04/14/08

SUCCESS X 2

david

Post by david » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Tuesday, 04/15/08

david

Post by david » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:10 pm