A new beginning...21 day challenge

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kaymiller2

A new beginning...21 day challenge

Post by kaymiller2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am

Here I go. 21 days, starting Nov. 29. I can do this.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 am

I was just thinking myself that i wanted to do the challenge again since I got a little off track during Thanksgiving. So here it goes, we can do it!

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 am

Best of luck! :D
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

GO GO GO!!! I started my 21 day challenge on the 27th!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

kaymiller2

Day 1

Post by kaymiller2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 am

blech! I didn't do so good with the sugar! This is gonna be every bit as hard as I thought it would be...
Today's result:
No Snacks :D
No Seconds :D
caved on sweets. :(
Tomorrow is another day...