gk's 2013 check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 am

Good to see you doing well. My advice is to go easy on yourself and keep it simple. My goal started as 30 minutes of exercise a day for at least 6 days a week, and it has never changed. I obviously do much more exercise than that now, but there are days when all I do is a 30 minute walk or some other mild exercise. Occasionally I do nothing.

You are developing some great habits...keep it up!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:45 am

Wow. I still don't bake. got no one in my life who needs it and I certainly don't, but if I did, I might face it down. You'd be my model.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks, Patty, r.jean, and oolala53. The encouragment you give helps me alot! :)

SUNDAY - 3/31/13

FOOD: 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXERCISE: Gaiam PM Stretch DVD

This is getting kinda surreal. All this time I've been dragging myself through the ups and downs of dieting, and all I had to do was relax a bit and shift my focus and way of thinking and now it seems so easy!

The kids had tons of CHOCOLATE Easter candy all over the table after the Easter egg hunt. Normally, that would be a disaster waiting to happen when it came to my diet, but it didn't even tempt me. :shock: :shock: :shock:

We had lunch at a buffet..........free ticket to pig out, right? I took one plate with a normal sampling of several things....took another plate with fruit and 2 bites of chocolate cake and I was totally content. Left the restaurant comfortable and not stuffed at all (didn't know that was possible at a buffet!!! :lol:)

Later in the day.......visited around a table full of candy/sweets and didn't snack at all. Didn't WANT TO!?!?!?!?

Normally, if I had been on an official "S Day", in my mind I would have been telling myself, "It's a holiday - PIG OUT while you can!!!" This number system makes me forget about what day it is and just helps me to reign it in all the time. Yay!! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

MONDAY - 4/1/13

FOOD: 8 :shock:

EXERCISE: Karen Voight's Full Body Stretch DVD

Kids had the day off school again and I was pretty tired from the weekend. Normally, I would use today as a time to munch all day and kick back and enjoy. HARDLY THOUGHT ABOUT FOOD TODAY. Today I was one of those people that was like, "Oh, that's right, I forgot to eat lunch." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I had my usual bowl of cereal for breakfast. Wasn't too hungry around lunch time, so had a banana. Later on, I started to get hungry, so had a light meal, but stopped when I started feeling full. And I feel confident to report in early as I don't anticipate any bingeing happening tonight.

I'm making a point to choose my food carefully.....eat because I'm HUNGRY, not because I'm bored, tired, stressed, etc. I'm not thinking about being on a diet, so food is not in the back of my mind all the time. And if I do reach for a cookie or have a little ice cream (hence the 8 and not 10 today), I feel absolutely no guilt, so I'm able to stop at 1 cookie instead of 8. LOVE THIS!!!

Only downside of today is this stinkin back ache. It's not from my stretching DVD's as I'm modifying any moves that would irritate my lower back. It must be aggravated from everything else I've done around the house lately. I don't care how many days I have to continue stretch DVD's instead of an actual exercise tape. The way I look at it, I'm building a different kind of muscle right now, called HABIT. The rest will come later when my body is ready for it.

So happy!!! :D

Oh, and I almost forgot........I did my "Monday Weigh-in" today. I actually lost 1 lb. this week. Incredibly, I'm more happy about the way I feel and my new habits than the number on the scale. Must mean I'm finally thinking straight for once! Whoop! Whoop!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 am

Freedom from the tyranny of the scale is worth a lot.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

No BS

Post by No BS » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 am

gk, you are doing so AWESOME!! Congratulations!

When you reach your comfort zone with a workable (and working!!) system it is such a huge relief; everything seems so much easier, somehow! Have a super week, gk! :D
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 am

oolala53 wrote:Freedom from the tyranny of the scale is worth a lot.
Totally agree! I was supposed to weigh in next weekend after 2 months of not doing so but I may actually hold out until June and make it a two times a year thing! Losing 1 is great though
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Sweetness wrote:I look forward to seeing 5..6...7...8....9.....and 10 on your thread!!! :wink:
Wow I posted this on Thursday... It's coming true, in the same order, and a lot faster than I thought! Glad you found what works of you! Congrats on the weight loss and on feeling good about yourself. Praying your back gets better soon. 8)
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

gk

Post by gk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 am

Thanks Patty, No BS, MJ, and oolala!

TUESDAY - 4/2/13

FOOD: 6 - Oops!

EXERCISE: Stress Relief Yoga DVD

My allergies combined with my back pain was dragging me down, so it was hard not to fall into the mindless munching habit. In fact, I did for a short while this afternoon, but was able to stop myself before it got out of hand. Still, all in all, it was a good day food-wise.

I don't know what is up with my back....it's now radiating down into my right knee as well - what the heck?!? Taking it easy and being careful. Hopefully, this will go away soon!

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:05 am

I'm with you, I had an oops fail today, and if I were to rate it it would also be a 6 or 7. I allow myself to nibble on raw veggies when I'm cooking dinner, and to taste food when I'm seasoning it. So the raw veggies turned into fruit, then potatoes when testing for doneness- 3 peices of them. Not necessary. Oh well, we just pick ourselves up, brush off the crumbs and move on. :oops: :wink:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

gk

Post by gk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:41 am

WED/THURS/FRI - 4/3-4/4-4/5/13

FOOD: 2!!!!! :oops:

EXERCISE: Gaiam AM Stretch

Every time my husband goes out of town, my body is on full alert ("I can eat everything now!!). I kind of just let myself have a fail (or I guess I should say a lower number) for a few days. Didn't even feel bad about it for some reason. I know I need to work on the bingeing-while-you're-alone thing, but I'll get there eventually.

On the other hand, I've been having a ball building up my home collection of exercise DVD's. The only frustrating part has been my back...which turned into my knee....which moved to my shoulder.....geez!!! I want to dive into all these DVD's so bad, but I'll continue to do the stretching tape until I improve - which I have been...slowly.
Last edited by gk on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 pm

gk wrote:I know I need to work on the bingeing-while-you're-alone thing, but I'll get there eventually.
It's a powerful epiphany when you realize only you (not your partner or your kids) control your behavior - good & bad.

Sometimes it's difficult finally taking charge & ownership of all of your own behavior (good & bad) rather than tasking someone else with the responsibility.

Good self-awareness gk & wonderful balance with your progress on No"S". I know you will succeed with that terrific attitude! :D

gk

Post by gk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks, No BS, for the encouraging words. :)

SATURDAY - 4/6/13

FOOD: 3

I tried to do another DVD, but it looks like this one is the only one that helps instead of aggravates. I really like this DVD but a little variety would be nice.

The irony always gets me........whenever I'm perfectly capable of exercising and feel fine, I have absolutely NO motivation to start. Then, whenever I REALLY want to exercise, my body falls apart, piece by piece. It's almost as if it's allergic to it or something. :lol: OH WELL. I remind myself there are others out there that overcome FAR MUCH MORE than what I'm dealing with, so I must be patient and continue to do my stretches and wait this out. I think once I find a new pair of tennies that don't aggravate my feet (plantar fasciitis), my hips will be in better alignment and all will improve. OF COURSE, they discontinued the kind I'm wearing and it's a B*** to find another pair that work with my bum feet, but geeeeez, you'd think there'd have to be a pair out there SOMEWHERE. I'll keep looking.... :?

Food........the skies were gray, it was cold and super windy.....sounds like a recipe for comfort food. Threw caution to the wind without a care in the world. Tomorrow......

gk

Post by gk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:36 pm

gk wrote: I think once I find a new pair of tennies that don't aggravate my feet (plantar fasciitis), my hips will be in better alignment and all will improve. OF COURSE, they discontinued the kind I'm wearing and it's a B*** to find another pair that work with my bum feet, but geeeeez, you'd think there'd have to be a pair out there SOMEWHERE. I'll keep looking.... :?
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did some more searching on-line and found the tennies that seem to work for me that have been discontinued....only 4 were left in my size and I snagged two of them!!!!!

I am SO happy!! Last year this time, when I put on these new tennies, my feet were TRANSFORMED and my health woes all but stopped. My "miracle shoes" as I like to call them have been used so much that they've worn down and now I'm hurting again. I CANNOT WAIT for these to come in the mail, so I can feel better and dive into my exercise! YAY!! :D :D :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Very happy for you about the shoes. I also have trouble finding shoes that feel good, this is really a happy day! :lol: 8) :wink:
Patty

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 pm

what kind of shoes did you get?

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 am

Having good shoes makes all the difference in the world! I'm happy for you! :D

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks Patty and Amy! :)

MJ - The shoes are Saucony Triumph 9. They have a Triumph 10 out, but they DO NOT agree with my feet. Honestly, sometimes I wish they'd just leave well enough alone, ya know?

The only bad thing about them is the colors they are available in......I'm more of a conservative "plain white with a trace of blue" kinda gal and all that is available are "wild colors". I picked their least "loud" colors, but I still call them my ugly shoes. HOWEVER, after I've experienced what they do for my feet, I no longer CARE what they look like. Honestly, I've never been so excited to receive a pair of ugly shoes in the mail in my life!! :lol:

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

SUNDAY - 4/8/13

This was my 15th day of consecutive exercise. I can honestly say that before the 21-day mark, I can officially mark this off as a solid habit now. As I exercise/stretch, I feel the release/pleasure/high I get from when I would sit down with a bowl of ice cream, etc. I now can turn to this 30-60 minute time during the day to de-stress or just zone out and have my own personal space to relax/energize. Instead of being aggravated with the same DVD over and over, I close my eyes and do most of the tape without watching her, so as to keep in tune with breathing, proper form, etc. I look forward to it each day and am actually bummed when the time is up......same reaction I have with a bowl of ice cream. :wink: (Actually, just a side note---Usually when my hip and back would get this bad I would go to the chiro. This DVD is very thorough and gentle. I have improved simply by being consistent with these stretches/exercises every day. Much better than going through the whole chiro route again - and less expensive!. Nice to know I have this option to turn to when my hip/back is out.)

I have some more stretching DVD's coming in the mail today, so I'll be able to expand my variety until my body is ready to take the next step. Until then, I will continue to enjoy what I CAN do and take it day by day. I guess that's why the 3 doesn't bother me.....day by day, I have the ability to improve from the last and learn from the last.

Life is good. :)

No BS

Post by No BS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:17 am

gk wrote: This was my 15th day of consecutive exercise. I can honestly say that before the 21-day mark, I can officially mark this off as a solid habit now. As I exercise/stretch, I feel the release/pleasure/high I get from when I would sit down with a bowl of ice cream, etc. I now can turn to this 30-60 minute time during the day to de-stress or just zone out and have my own personal space to relax/energize.
Good news, gk! Congratulations! :D

And way to go on rounding up new "tennies"!! Where there is a will, there is a way! :lol:

No BS

Post by No BS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 am

gk wrote: This was my 15th day of consecutive exercise. I can honestly say that before the 21-day mark, I can officially mark this off as a solid habit now. As I exercise/stretch, I feel the release/pleasure/high I get from when I would sit down with a bowl of ice cream, etc. I now can turn to this 30-60 minute time during the day to de-stress or just zone out and have my own personal space to relax/energize.
Good news, gk, that is quite an accomplishment! Congratulations! :D

And way to go on rounding up new "tennies"!! Where there is a will, there is a way! :lol:

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:59 am

gk wrote:Thanks Patty and Amy! :)

MJ - The shoes are Saucony Triumph 9. They have a Triumph 10 out, but they DO NOT agree with my feet. Honestly, sometimes I wish they'd just leave well enough alone, ya know?

The only bad thing about them is the colors they are available in......I'm more of a conservative "plain white with a trace of blue" kinda gal and all that is available are "wild colors". I picked their least "loud" colors, but I still call them my ugly shoes. HOWEVER, after I've experienced what they do for my feet, I no longer CARE what they look like. Honestly, I've never been so excited to receive a pair of ugly shoes in the mail in my life!! :lol:
thanks for the info on the shoes - i will check them out. i have mizuno wave rider right now but getting kind of tired of them and i think i'm wearing them out. i know what you mean about wild colors, not my favorite thing in running shoes

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:07 am

gk wrote:SUNDAY - 4/8/13

This was my 15th day of consecutive exercise. I can honestly say that before the 21-day mark, I can officially mark this off as a solid habit now. As I exercise/stretch, I feel the release/pleasure/high I get from when I would sit down with a bowl of ice cream, etc. I now can turn to this 30-60 minute time during the day to de-stress or just zone out and have my own personal space to relax/energize. Instead of being aggravated with the same DVD over and over, I close my eyes and do most of the tape without watching her, so as to keep in tune with breathing, proper form, etc. I look forward to it each day and am actually bummed when the time is up......same reaction I have with a bowl of ice cream. :wink: (Actually, just a side note---Usually when my hip and back would get this bad I would go to the chiro. This DVD is very thorough and gentle. I have improved simply by being consistent with these stretches/exercises every day. Much better than going through the whole chiro route again - and less expensive!. Nice to know I have this option to turn to when my hip/back is out.)

I have some more stretching DVD's coming in the mail today, so I'll be able to expand my variety until my body is ready to take the next step. Until then, I will continue to enjoy what I CAN do and take it day by day. I guess that's why the 3 doesn't bother me.....day by day, I have the ability to improve from the last and learn from the last.

I should get a stretching DVD, sounds like you have sampled several, do tell me which is your favorite! Sometimes I don't feel like a long walk on my off days, especially in the heat. When I get to Minn, there will probably be lots of rainy days too.
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks, No BS. :)

Patty - I'll send my DVD recommendations your way. :) As of now, the only one I highly recommend is the Gaiam am & pm stretch with Madeleine Lewis. It is such a gentle, thorough stretch....hits every body part and is great for when you need a day off but would like to do something or when you are too sore for anything else. I believe this DVD is probably targeted more towards people in the 60 yr. range (my guess due to the cover and it is a pretty gentle routine), but I'm so out of shape and my flexibility is nil anymore, so it's been perfect for me. I have been doing it for about 1/2 a month now and can happily report increased range of motion and flexibility already. Other good points....it's not annoying to do repeatedly as there is pretty outdoor scenery, pretty music and her cueing is excellent.

MONDAY & TUESDAY - 4/8 and 4/9/13

FOOD: 4

EXERCISE: Mon- Gaiam a.m. stretch; Tues - Back in Shape DVD

Slowly inching my way back up the number scale again. The warmer weather is helping. Can't help but want to eat better with lots of sunshine and the grass growing greener by the minute. (Or maybe it's just the underlying fear of summer shorts in my near future - EEEK!!) :shock:

I tried one of my new DVD's today, thinking it would be just right for a sore back. Back in Shape evidently is not for someone who already has a sore back, as doing some of the stretches/exercises ended up being a tad bit too much for my back. It was sore, but it's working out of it. Will pick another one out of my "toy box" tomorrow morning. I can't believe how much I'm getting into this. It's actually fun. (Man, I can't believe I just said that!)

Just realized I haven't done my weigh-in for the week. Hmmmm......I wonder if that was really on accident. Maybe I'll just wait until next Monday..... :wink:

sleepygirlzzzz
Location: Originally from Chicago; living in the UK for past 11yrs

Post by sleepygirlzzzz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Amazing job with your exercise habit!

My jaw dropped though when you equated the pleasure you get from your exercise to sitting down with a bowl of ice cream. I've been a runner for years and while I do enjoy it, I definitely prefer ice cream :P

gk

Post by gk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:32 am

sleepygirlzzzz wrote:Amazing job with your exercise habit!

My jaw dropped though when you equated the pleasure you get from your exercise to sitting down with a bowl of ice cream. I've been a runner for years and while I do enjoy it, I definitely prefer ice cream :P
Ha! I know, right? Maybe once I have to actually exert myself somewhat, the ice cream will start looking better again. :lol:

gk

Post by gk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 am

WEDNESDAY - 4/10/13

FOOD: 5

EXERCISE: Total Stretch for Beginners w/Tamilee Webb

Breakfast and lunch were a 10, but snacking and sweets in the afternoon brought it down to a 5. Getting better though!

Liked this new DVD. Probably did a few stretches that were too much for my hip, but it'll work out eventually.

SOOO, I have my physical tomorrow. I know I've gained alot of weight this year (probably 10 lbs. :shock: :shock: ), so it'll be interesting to see what the doctor's scale says. I'm always glad when this appt. is over with. :?

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 am

I just got back from vacation, and I am catching up with the posts here. It looks like you are doing well! Your exercise routine is great!
Maintenance is progress.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 pm

gk wrote: EXERCISE: Total Stretch for Beginners w/Tamilee Webb

Liked this new DVD. Probably did a few stretches that were too much for my hip, but it'll work out eventually.

SOOO, I have my physical tomorrow. I know I've gained alot of weight this year (probably 10 lbs. :shock: :shock: ), so it'll be interesting to see what the doctor's scale says. I'm always glad when this appt. is over with. :?
I have that DVD too. It is great for when you want to add 10 minutes of stretching after another workout too.

I hope your physical went well. At my last GYN appointment, I had to face up to regaining the 16 lbs. I had lost before my previous appointment, so that was a bummer. But hey, we're working on it, right? 8)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks for the recommendation on the stretch video. I looked it up on amazon... It looks like I would like it but I want to stay away from anything that has to do with yoga, because yoga is a religion. Actually my hubby would have more trouble with it than I would. I was surprised that it seems like all the stretch DVDs listed on aMazon are yoga! Hmmm... You are being so helpful, maybe you can help me find a good one that's not. Thanks so much Gk.

About your doctor... You could tell the doctor truthfully that you are taking huge steps to turn things around. We are proud of you no matter what the scale says. :mrgreen:
Patty

No BS

Post by No BS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 am

gk, it's nice to check into your thread & see you doing so well.

I love your sliding scale No"S" days - it is really a brilliant way to slide into No"S" successes! And I love your commitment to exercise. Stretching always feels so damn good!! (kazillions of cats cannot be wrong!!) :wink:

Hope your physical went well.

Keep up the good work, gk!

gk

Post by gk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 am

r.jean - Thanks! I hope to someday be in a long-term exercise commitment, as you have certainly shown it can be done!

SpiritSong - Yeah, it can be hard stepping on the scale in there. I take off my coat and shoes before I weigh, but somehow the number still seems to reflect someone my height wearing a snowsuit, big boots and carrying 10 lb. dumbbells!! :lol:

Patty: Thanks for your kind words. :) About the video....that's weird that they listed it as yoga as it is different from all the yoga DVD's I have done. I guess they do work on core strength, which is in yoga DVD's.....and they do a few positions that are in yoga DVD's, like the downward dog, but she doesn't call it that....just says you're stretching your legs. Basically, she doesn't talk about yoga at all (no "namastay" at the end or anything.) Have you gone to Collagevideo.com? You could order it there - if you don't like it, you can return it, even after opening it up and using it for a while. They also have TONS of videos and each one is described in detail, and there is a video clip you can watch, so you can get a feeling of what it would be like. I'll keep searching for you..... :)

No BS: HA! :lol: "kazillions of cats cannot be wrong!!".....that gave me a good laugh! Yes, it DOES feel good, doesn't it??? Too bad it doesn't burn any calories!!! :) Thanks for your encouragement!
Last edited by gk on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gk

Post by gk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:21 am

THURSDAY - 4/11/13

FOOD: 6

EXERCISE: Candlelight Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe

Well, my guess was pretty accurate......I've gained 11 lbs. since my last physical, one year ago. That's in addition to the 5 lbs. I gained each year, three years before that!! YIKES!!! Even though I knew that was comin, it still made me cringe. She said I fall into the "slightly overweight" category for my BMI. Well - DUH - :roll: My pants have been telling me that for the past 7 months, but for some reason hearing the doctor say it was a real eye-opener. OKAY, (mental headshake), I'm really in the game now. Time to turn things around!

On the bright side of today:

I got my "ugly miracle shoes" in the mail!!! I swear, when I opened the box, a bright light shone down and I heard angels sing. :lol: . Time to get these feet back in shape, so I can get the rest of me back in shape!

Also, I really enjoyed my new DVD today. It was a nice full body stretch and very relaxing. Love, love, love my exercise DVD "toy box". Ironically, I have more variety now than when I took classes at the Y!

AND.....I'm up to a 6 again. Feels good! :D

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Congrats on your miracle shoes! :D

sleepygirlzzzz
Location: Originally from Chicago; living in the UK for past 11yrs

Post by sleepygirlzzzz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Love seeing your numbers creeping up again! Really well done. Looking forward to your 7s, 8s and 9s next :wink:

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 am

gk wrote: On the bright side of today:

I got my "ugly miracle shoes" in the mail!!! I swear, when I opened the box, a bright light shone down and I heard angels sing. :lol: . Time to get these feet back in shape, so I can get the rest of me back in shape!

AND.....I'm up to a 6 again. Feels good! :D
You made me laugh out loud, about your bright shoes! Too funny!

Will keep looking for a great video Thanks for the help... When I finally get into Stretching, I'm going to be imagining Kazillion Cats as my stretching buddies. Made me laugh too!

AND... Good for you ...SIX!

:lol: :mrgreen:
Patty

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:14 pm

You deserve a pat on the back for working through pain and discomfort in fashioning an exercise program that works for you. I have been limited by injuries on occasion but overall I am very fortunate to not have any chronic issues. I can be such a baby when I do get hurt. It is too easy to just feel sorry for myself. Your persistance is inspiring.
Maintenance is progress.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

gk, I can't help but wonder if you have to wear sunglasses 8) when sporting your eye popping but heaven sent sneakers!! :wink: