April Fool's Check In.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

April Fool

April Fool's Check In.

Post by April Fool » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:32 am

Day 1: So far, so good. Managed to get through the day without snacking on the cinnamon streussel muffins, chocolate ice cream and pineapple upside down cake. Kept it to three meals with no sweets. SUCCESS! :lol:

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Day 2 was a success, but Day 3 was a bust. I got on the scale and saw that it had reflected a 3lb. gain, which paradoxically drove me to the stash of chocolate in the house rather than to the gym--the logical place to go when one sees weight gain. I am not going to binge on the pineapple upside down cake in the fridge, nor will I eat all of the ice cream or the cinnamon muffins. (Yes, sweets are my weakness!) Instead I will have a normal dinner tonight, concentrate on having a successful week and simply avoid the scale until July 1 because apparently weighing myself is hazardous to my waistline.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm

April Fool wrote:Instead I will have a normal dinner tonight, concentrate on having a successful week and simply avoid the scale until July 1 because apparently weighing myself is hazardous to my waistline.
Exactly! :D Best of luck to you!

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 am

I'm on scale strike for that exact reason. You're having successful sane NoS days and feeling like a winner, you get on the scale and your weight has increased, the next thing you know you're having a one-on-one with Ben & Jerry.

For now, even though I feel bloated and my clothes are fitting snug, I'm going to keep it simple. If after a month my clothing still fits the same or tighter I will address it then. Over thinking isn't a good thing with NoS.