Fresh start for Reneew and ZippaDee

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Fresh start for Reneew and ZippaDee

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Well, here it goes! We are going to do it this time! One day at a time.
Actually, I'm going to shoot for one perfect week while remembering that each successful green day is success in itself! 5 days... We can do that!
April
22 :mrgreen: I was a good girl today.
23 :mrgreen: I am so so happy! I did 2 days in a row! Pitiful, huh? I walked on my treadmill also, JUST because I told you I would.
24 :mrgreen: Still feeling wiped out and traded exercise for extra cleaning (grad party here soon)
25 :wink: Sday taken. Yard work all day. Exhausted. Had a confrontation with the enemy. Lost. but I've traded with Sunday.
26 :mrgreen: Yea! walked outside. Finally spring? It's over 70' here and Sunday we were at about 20' in a blizzard.
27 :wink: Sday
28 :mrgreen: no kidding! I had to sit all day, but was completely good at eating! So, I'm givng myself the Sday for last Thursday. Woohoo!
29 :mrgreen: Walked 30 min on my treadmill THEN a friend called to walk. We went an hour more. :shock: Good way to start a week.
30 :mrgreen: motivated!
1 :oops: failfailuremostfailestestoffailures ug! Start squat challenge.
2 :mrgreen: but barely. I think I may try to make up for yesterday, this weekend. Squats too, whew!
3 :oops: mad at myself. Felt like... "whatever", then defiantly continued to snack.
4 :wink: s day
5 :mrgreen: Yes, on a Sunday! Planned on counting calories, then got smart. Successful noS day! Got a tick on my walk. Real inspiring.
6 :mrgreen: Great day!
7 :mrgreen: yea!
8 :oops:
9 :oops:
10 :mrgreen:
11 :wink:
12 :wink:
13 :mrgreen:
14 :mrgreen:
15 :wink: S hubby b-day
16 :oops:
17 :oops:
18 :wink: S
19 :mrgreen: good day to make up for bad streak
20 :mrgreen: very good day
21 :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~reneew on Wed May 22, 2013 11:58 am, edited 26 times in total.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Ready, Set, GO!! I did not have a green day today. I continue to struggle right after work. Going to replace it with a bike ride with the kids tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me! If not, will do something else!...NOT snack! :wink: I really need to get some GREEN under my belt!

April
23 :mrgreen:
24 :mrgreen:
25 :mrgreen:
26 :mrgreen:
27 :wink:
28 :wink:
29 :mrgreen: Went for a 30 minute bike ride with the kiddos. Did 110 squats.
30 :mrgreen:
01 :mrgreen:
02 :mrgreen:
03 :mrgreen:
04 :wink:
05 :wink:
06 :mrgreen:
07 :mrgreen: Hip Hip HOORAY!
08 :mrgreen:
09 :wink: S Event. Dessert luncheon at work. ONE cookie!
10 :wink: 28th wedding anniversary!
11 :wink:
12 :wink:
13 :oops:
14 :oops:
15 :oops:
Last edited by ZippaDee on Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 am, edited 17 times in total.
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 am

You can do it!!!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:12 am

Way to go, girls! I'm right there with you this week! You can do it! :D

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! :D Wanted to pop in and wish Renee a good day! My day is off to a good start. Kids are out the door clothed, fed with smiles on their faces. :D I am doing a 30 day squat challenge. Today is day 5. I did 70 squats this morning. YAY! I don't do them all at the same time. This morning I did 20 at a crack...I have been doing 10 at a crack up until today. A couple days ago I literally could barely walk. :lol: I am better now! We will see what tomorrow brings as yesterday was a rest day for squats. ;)

Have a great day!!!

ONWARD :arrow:
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Go, Girls! I'm in it with you too. Just started a 21-day challenge myself.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm

What encouragement! Thanks guys!

I've had a nasty cold/fever thing for probably 5 days which has made it easy to not over eat (can't taste anything ha) but I've been using it as an excuse to skip my treadmill walk. I usually do 30 min. a day, but have been skipping it more lately (few weeks) ... I have great excuses, really. But today I'm back on it. Ask me about it tomorrow.

I'm expecting to hear about Zip riding bike today! Unless You're getting the snow that passed through here last night. ug. I love snow, but enough already.
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 am

Calling it a day....a :mrgreen: GREEN day! Feels good. It was cloudy all day today. Got home and got the bikes around to head out for our bike ride and it started to rain. BOO! Sooooo, we came in and did a Leslie Sansone dvd....2 minute brisk walk. I got the dvd from our video store as a free rental. My 11 year old did it with me. Felt good.

So, how was the treadmill, Renee?! :D Hope you are feeling better!!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am

GO RENEEW!!! Great job! :D

I took the day off of work today to go to a "Clue Me In" Competition with my youngest daughter. Looking forward to a change of pace! Already got my 75 squats done this morning. Have a great day!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm

ZippaDee wrote:we came in and did a Leslie Sansone dvd....2 minute brisk walk. I got the dvd from our video store as a free rental. My 11 year old did it with me. Felt good.

So, how was the treadmill, Renee?! :D Hope you are feeling better!!
Good back-up plan!!! I'm assuming you did more than a "2 minute brisk walk"??? haha. Way to go!
I'm still dragging from this flu/cold thing but I made myself do it and I will again today because as I tracked it on my little calendar, I noticed that I haven't been walking more than I have during the week and I don't on weekends. Also, I love Leslie sansone! I think I have probably 10 of her videos. I like the ones that are 5 days that are all different so I can do a different one each weekday. I wish I could mail you some of mine. I was thinking about getting rid of some. I mostly walk on my new treadmill now because I can watch HGTV. :wink: I'm feeling very pumped about this! For some reason, I know this is going to work this time.
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 am

Yes...sorry, it was a 2 MILE walk...not 2 MINUTES! :lol: Today has been a very busy day, so did not get in any exercise besides the squats this morning. Just got home from my son's track meet. Does shivering count as exercise! :lol: SO COLD!

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Sorry you are fighting a cold though!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Feeling a bit better with sudafed and ibuprophen. Good enough to head out for yard work today. I sure know about the freezing thing! I don't have anyone in track at the moment, but 3 tennis players this spring. It has been so so cold here in Iowa but a warm up is finally on the way. I love watching tennis! The other day I actually thought about running around the courts to warm up! Not. I have to say that tennis is a bit more fun than watching track. Sit for an hour... 30 seconds of cheering... then sit for an hour more... I guess I prefer soccer, football and tennis. With 4 kids we sure have a chance to watch them all don't we? More tennis tonight. Go Indians!
Please pray for me

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm

You guys are doing great!!! Keep it up!!!

reneew> I'm also under the weather and can't wait to be 100%. Make sure you're getting in plenty of fluids and resting if your body demands it.

zippa> squats in the morning?! Wow!!! Yo go!!!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 am

I blew it today. I had to bring a snack for my son for after tennis and I had to hold it for him for a couple hours. I caved. I love snack mixes. BUT, I have a plan to save myself. For now I'm calling it a red and starting over, but if I can make it up one of the Sdays this weekend, then I'm going to call Thursday an Sday. I know I shouldn't start doing that, but it does work for me sometimes. It seems to hold me accountable for my woops if I know that I'm going to want to make it up. So that's the plan. If I can't make it up, then it stays red. :roll:
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 am

That sounds like a good plan Renee!!!

Wow, sitting with one of your favorites in hand for a couple of hours. Wowzers! That would be on the extreme side of DIFFICULT! I was happy that it was so cold at the track meet yesterday because hubby wasn't interested in popcorn cuz popcorn is one of my favorites and would have been difficlut for me yesterday!

Good day here. I REALLY wanted to eat after school today...BUUUT, took the kids on a bike ride instead. :) We rode for 1/2 hour, the air was brisk and it felt so good! Invigorating! :) I did 80 squats before work this morning. :D Tomorrow is a rest day for squats. My legs will be happy!!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 pm

you are motivating me to keep exercizing. It was my default to walk 30 on my treadmill every day, but a few creative excuses have lead me to skip lately. I'm on it today though. Thanks!

Popcorn at sports events and movies are one of my biggest temptations. I struggled every game for a loooooong time, then I came up with a plan. First of all, I bring a big huge drink with me, even if I have to smuggle it in. And, I plan ahead and determine if I really think I need it this time and if I do I skip supper and call it a meal. I will not share, haha. I only did that a few times because I'd tell myself that I'd have some later and plan for it at the next game. Movies are an other story. I'd rather not even go to a movie if I can't have popcorn, so I get some and call it my meal. It's certainly enough calories! I've also learned that my son needs to bring his own snacks to events from now on and if he forgets, he needs to get it from me and put it in his sports bag before he even plays his first game. Believe me, I won't want any after it's been in there! :shock:
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 am

I'd rather not even go to a movie if I can't have popcorn
Sounds like we are kindred spirits when it comes to popcorn girl!! :D I have done the same with having popcorn as a meal.

You Go girl on the treadmill!! No exercise for me today. Been running all day! Got home from work and was gone within 5 minutes.....got my oldest dd all registered for her wedding. Took my younget dd along too. GREAT night with my girlies!!! Looking forward to a good night's sleep!

Stayed on track with my eating! Yay!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:40 am

Way to earn your day back Renee!! :D You said you have four kids. How old? I have a 19yog, 15yob, 11yog, 10yob. Weather was beautiful here yesterday!! We ate outside on the porch for the first time of the season last night. LOVE it!! Supposed to be even warmer today.

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I feel really motivated! I think that my recovery of last Thursday really helped. Sometimes when I "fail" I feel like a failure and my motivation flies out the window. By being able to "recover" it, I hold myself accountable for those woopses, and can continue on. It's like a speed bump instead of hitting a brick wall. Red to me can seem like a wall. Hmm... I just keep living and learning. I used to "bank" days ahead also, and it generally worked for when I knew I'd have issues. Maybe I should start doing both of these. I think I need flexability while being held accountable for woopses. :roll:
Last edited by ~reneew on Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

No BS

Post by No BS » Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 am

I absolutely love your tag-team, dynamic duo thread, ladies!!

Keep up the super work. I can easily see how you are inspiring each other but, in truth, you are inspiring all of us with your breezy, cheery efforts!

Thanks, I sure enjoyed reading this thread! :D

The squats & bike rides are phenomenal. My legs got sore just reading about them!! :lol:
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 am

Glad you are feeling motivated Renee! GOOO!! It was a rest day for squats today. Back at it in the morning. BS, my first 3 days of squats I could barely walk. :lol:

Diets Don't Work.

No BS

Post by No BS » Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 am

Zip, did it take you very long for your legs to start responding and for you to see a big difference? And, quite frankly, for it to get easier & less painful? :lol:
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed May 01, 2013 10:44 am

Squats done for the day! Check check. :D 130 squats!! Yay!

BS, today is day 13 of my 30 day challenge and I am up to 130 squats. I did those in 30 squat increments....completed while getting ready for work...in about 30 minutes time. When I started on day 1 10 squat increments was difficult. My legs are no longer hurting during the day. At the beginning it was very painful! My legs feel stronger. So, yes I think my legs are responding quickly. And, this is an area that I really want to improve. So, I am happy! :D

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Alright, you've almost got me talked into doing squats. ug. Really? I think I'll try some now... man! I did 20. 10 was nothing, but by the time I got to 20... man, maybe I need to do them. I need more specifics. How do you stand, how low do you go, how many minimum... goal?

Oh by the way, I had to laugh at the similarities in our kids... I have a 20yog, 17 yob, 15yog, and an 11yob. We both have g-b-g-b and very close in age too! funny.

Yesterday I was sweating sitting in the 75' hot sun watching my senior son play tennis, and today its 32' and snowing very heavily. We are supposed to get 5 inches. Last year I planted my garden in March. Its May already and I haven't even gotten the garden tilled yet. This spring is messed up. :roll:

They are redoing the highway by us and they hit our water line so I have no water today I guess. I have a very long list of things I need to clean before our graduation party on the 25th. All of it includes water. Hmmm...
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 am

Wow. Lots of similarities with our kiddos. We are definitely in the same stage of life. Bummer about the water. Yikes! I can NOT believe you are still getting snow? It's MAY! It has been a crazy spring. We are enjoying some beautiful days this week...FINALLY! Had a track meet last night...gorgeous weather! Unfortunately son has pulled his hamstring and is unable to run right now....so disappointing for him! :cry:

Ok squats....I watched a youtube video on how to do them properly. Ha! Just put "squats" in the search engine. Tonight I will try to post a picture of my graph that I am using for my 30 day challenge. It will take some figuring for me on how to get in on here and I am about out of time right now. Gotta get to work. I did 135 this morning. You do 3 days of squats and then one day of rest.

Eating is going well.

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow! You're going to have grasshopper leg strength! These days I have so many things on my to-do list that exercise definitely gets put on the back burner. Prom is this weekend... 2 kids going and their mobs of friends (2 groups) and their parents are coming over for pictures. I was thinking it would be outside by my beautiful landscaping and flowers when I volunteered, but now we have snow and mud... no leaves or flowers. So, I guess it's inside and I need to clean some because all of those families (or at least moms, ha) will be coming over. Yesterday I was so frustrated about my super long list of stuff that I need to get done that I felt like screaming... headed for the chips instead. STUPID! I defiantly ate a ton, then snacked on other stuff since I already had failed. I should have screamed instead. Well, today I am going to keep busy actually getting the stuff done instead of procrastinating and snacking. Sorry about the ramble. At least we may not have any tennis games tonight do to snow on the courts. If it melts fast enough to play I may have to scream. :roll: I think maybe next time I feel like that I'll do some squats instead. :wink:
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 pm

ok, wow...can't believe that picture actually worked above. I can't type anything in the post though, so will just do that here. :lol:

First of all, mark it and move on. It's OK! It happens. You have a great plan for earning back days. Sounds like it works for you. Perhaps you could do that if it helps you. I know that it would not work for me. It would stress me out to much to think that I had ruined an S Day for myself. Better for ME to just mark it and move on. Do what works for you. Just don't get down about it though!

I so get what you are saying about life to just be spinning at full speed all the time. Makes exercise difficult! Don't know if you read a post from me a while back about sleep vs. exercise. I have so much trouble getting it in at times that I feel the only way to do it is to sleep less! The squats are working for me now because there is no extra time requirement to do them. I do them as I get ready for work. It's not a lot, but it is something. And, something is better than nothing right?!

We did the open house thing last year. I know how much work that is!! And wedding this year.

See there ya go...wrote this a couple hours ago thought I set it. Must have gotten distracted. :wink:

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 03, 2013 12:44 am

haha funny. Thanks for the squat chart. I think I may do this. I'll think about it when I have time. We're back to dry courts and cold tennis. I sure hope next week is warm again!

I told my 17 year old son that I did 20 X 2 squats and that I was sore. Bad idea. He laughed and said that he squats 20 X 2 while holding 250 pounds of weights. Oh my. Sure put me in my place. haha. Then I started doing the math in my head of my extra body weight I'm doing. Well, I told him I'm an old lady and he should be proud that I did them. He laughed and said "yea, good job mom" with his dimples showing much humor. Oh well, I am happy about it. Maybe when he's 46 I can tell his kid to challenge him to do it with weights. Or I could get better at it and hold my 2 pound weights just so I can say i did it with weights too. :wink:

Edit:
Um... they think by day 30 I'll be able to do 250? hahahahahahaha
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 am

Edit: Um... they think by day 30 I'll be able to do 250? hahahahahahaha

hahahahaha!! I know..funny right!!

You go girl on your 20X2 squats!!! :D

We have lots in common. I am 47. :D

Diets Don't Work.

childoftheking

Post by childoftheking » Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 am

Hey Girls, I have really enjoyed reading your encouragement to each other. It has encouraged me too. :lol:
I think I may have to join you both in your squat challenge. I'm not sure I can do all that but it is certainly an area of my body that needs improvement. Maybe I'll try to find the video on youtube to see exactly how to do them.
Keep up the great work!

p.s. it is snowing here too! I have been singing Christmas Carols all day! :roll:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 03, 2013 2:50 am

Alright, you talked me into it. Since yesterday was the first and I did 40, I'm going to call it day 1 of the challenge. I did the 55 for today (day 2) and it was much easier today than yesterday already. No kidding! They were fairly easy! Yea me! Do they continue to be easy or are you about dying like I imagine I will?

Child ~ I love snow, but I've had enough. What's weird is that on Tuesday the grass in our yard was brown, on Wednesday it was 5" of white, and today, thursday it is green! No kidding! It melted that fast. We have a few patches of snow but not much. Boy do I love living here! I live in NW Iowa, orig. a Minnesotan. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Scratch that! I don't need any more stress this month and I need to focus on my eating, so I'm not going to do the challenge right now. BUT, I am planning on getting 50 in every day, but not going to commit to it. I've been skipping my treadmill sometimes and I need to have that be priority, along with eating...
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon May 06, 2013 1:34 am

I understand not needing more stress with the squats! One step at a time. I am not being consistent with my cardio this month, but AM committing to the squats. Don't need to stress of the cardio just yet, but am getting it in when I can. Plan on being more consisten with that when school is out. We have to do what works for our lives!

I overdid the eating this weekend. Not feeling good. I don't feel guilty because they are S Days, but I want to feel good and not overfull! Glad to get back to NoS days!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 am

Good Morning!
So, how are things going Renee? Things here are going along fine. I kept yesterday green, but it took some doin' on my part. My 15 yo old had a doc appointment yesterday afternoon. It has been a tradition with him since he was a little tyke to go for a shake after appointments like this. It started when he was having some pretty heavy duty dental work done at a young age. Sooooo yesterday we stopped for a chocolate shake for him and he added fries to it too. It was 5:00, so I was hungry! :roll: AND, my son kept wanting me to share..."come on Mom, I feel bad. I know you love chocolate shakes" :roll: Buuuut, I resisted! Whew!

I am trying to read the Beck Diet Solution. I'm still on chapter 2. Making the mistake of reading at night in bed. Don't get much read like that. :lol: Anyway, one thing I am focusing on from the book though is

"Every time you resist eating something you shouldn't, you're strengthening your tendency to resist in the future. However, each time you give in and eat something you shouldn't, you're strengthening your tendency to give in"

Trying to strengthen the correct muscles.

This morning I did 160 squats! Oh yeah!!!!!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 pm

I am doing good! As long as I just concentrate on the food part. Incredible resistance you showed by not getting that shake! You strengthened yourself for sure. Another concept along that line is... perfect practice makes perfect. Instead of practice makes perfect since my normal practice is far from perfect. If you practice doing failures you will be pretty good at it.
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm

perfect practice makes perfect
SO TRUE!! Practicing again right now. Today at work...TWO birthdays, which means TWO treats. arrrrgh! One of the teachers brought a nice jello parfait thingie with a cookie stuck inside and the other is a lovely cupcake. They sat on my desk for the afternoon. I hand carried them home and will let my two youngest each have one as soon as they get off the bus, which should be any minute now. HURRY!!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you kidding me??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I could never share a cupcake. Especially if it had lots of frosting! I'd hide it in the freezer, maybe, if it made it that far. You get the mom award. And the practicing perfect award. And the "I'm green" award!
You go girl!!! :arrow:
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed May 08, 2013 9:41 am

And the "I'm green" award!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You be funny! :lol: And, get this....both of them wanted the parfait thingy over the cupcake. So, we had to draw straws and the loser got the cupcake! :roll:

Another birthday celebration at school again today. We will have a lot of them over the next month because we are doing summer birthdays. Lots of opportunity to practice perfectly for me! Gearing me up for summer, which is always super difficult for me! My hats off to you for being able to stay green at home!!!!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 09, 2013 9:53 am

Everyone bringing in desserts for Teacher Appreciation Week today. I may have to make it an S Day. :shock: Idk, It's not really a special day though.........sigh....don't know?

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri May 10, 2013 1:05 am

Had a dessert luncheon at work. Decided to call it an S Event, but only had ONE cookie. Pretty happy that I didn't go crazy, but I only ate the cookie out of social obligation really. I need to figure out how to deal with this type of thing because I really didn't want to eat it.

Saturday is our 28th wedding anniversary. We will be celebrating tomorrow because of scheduling issues. I think this is cause for an S Day!

Completed 180 squats this morning. YAY!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 am

Renee.....come out, come out wherever you are! Feeling lonely. I've had FOUR S Events/ S Days in a row. That is a LOT! Looking forward to a regular S day today. How are things going for you?! Hope you had a very Happy Mother's Day!!!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm here. I've been checking in, but on my kindle I can't seem to get it to put on the little smilies, so I just wait to record it. I've been way too busy, and a couple terrible days last week. I am now down to less than 2 weeks until everyone comes for my son's graduation party, so I am highly motivated today. I am committing to 40 days of perfect. If Jesus can fast 40, the least I can do is stop my gluttony for 40, right? I believe 40 is a good habit-breaker time period so, I'm going to add a couple other helpful things...

My 40 day daily plan:
heart exercise (15 minute minimum, try for 30)
soul exercise (some form of Bible reading/study)
absolutely no snacking

I bought a stainless steel small dry erase board to record for all to see. Believe me, my family will police me if I leave it out in my kitchen!
So, that's the plan and I'm sticking to it! I didn't mention sweets at all since I am reverting to my old emergency plan that worked when I did it: in a panic, I ate a jolly rancher. It was way better than every alternative snack (calorie wise) and it stopped me from binges and snacking. It takes so darn long to eat one because if you chew it, your fillings come out. haha.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh, I forgot to tell you happy anniversary! Events make it hard for me. In these 2 weeks I have, my daughter moving home, then headed to Peru for the summer, my husband's birthday, mother's day, my son's birthday, graduation party with 2 families coming to stay at our house, and tons of friends staying the weekend. Not to forget the added stress that causes my over eating... I'm holding in there though. :roll:

You seem to be plugging along! Do you feel it getting easier?
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 am

Wow. You have a LOT going on! Whew! I am pluggin' away, but NO things are NOT getting easier. :roll: I have not had a good three days. I had four S Day/S Events in a row. That is not a good thing for me. It makes it so difficult to get back on track again! I'm diggin in my heels and WILL remain green today! I have been keeping up on my squats though. Did 225 yesterday! :D

Tomorrow is our end of the year staff luncheon. These end of the year celebrations are killin' me! :roll:

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 20, 2013 12:39 pm

I guess I'll update and check back in sometime next week. I forgot to mention the fact that my daughter MOVED home. Man does she have a ton of stuff and she doesn't have a room to dump it in anymore. Also, my son went to substate for tennis and that has taken up time. Needless to say I am busy right now! Check back with you later!
Please pray for me

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 pm

I sometimes think that our young adult children can be more time consuming than they were when they were little! My youngest recently decided to go back to school for her masters degree. She is not living with us, but a lot of her belongings have moved in with us for the next 1.5 years. Hope you are doing well.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 am

Busy times indeed!! I had a GREEN day today! Finished up my squat challenge today with 250 squats. :D

See ya next week. Get good rest!!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

I have sometimes wished that I could get out a box of toys, plunk it in front of them, and they would just stay and "play" for an afternoon. I guess our birdies must fly from the nest, but they sure do flap their wings alot while in it!

Zippa, congratulations for completing the challenge. I may do that eventually. Be proud! I had a few hairy days last week, but I'm on track now. I see you have a few reds. Hmmm... I guess maybe I should check in more often. :wink: You were doing better than me! Keep it up! I will report back with all of my greens later, but know that I am still chugging away and will check on your progress! :wink: Keep going! Summer and swimming/less clothes is about here!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Well, graduation is over (sniff sniff) and I'm up again in weight. I paniced this morning and got out all of my diet books and junk planning on counting something but then realized that every time I do that I fail and remembered that noS is really the only sane way and that I really do loose when I'm actually doing it! Maybe I'll start a monthly challenge again... what do you think? I'm also thinking about some mods... I'll "think" more on this at my own check-in page.
Please pray for me

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed May 29, 2013 2:34 am

Big hugs on the graduation. So bittersweet!! Had a bridal shower for my daughter this weekend....same feeling. Group hug for both of us! I am definitely in for a June challenge! Summer's are generally very difficult for me because of the change in schedule. This is when I have lost it in the past. I am determined NOT to do that this year!!! A June challenge will help me!

Diets Don't Work.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Alrighty, meet you at the challenge! (hugs)
Please pray for me