debs 2013 check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

debs 2013 check in

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:11 pm

hi everyone!
i haven't really been posting much on my "2011" check in anyway, and i want a new start, so i've created a new check in thread and here's my first post...
i've decided that for the next 2 months i am not going to weigh myself...
i'm currently 239 lbs and my waist measurement is 42 inches...
i will be tracking my NoS and exercise with my habit cals, something i totally stopped doing for the whole month of august, and just putting my full attention on my behaviour, and not the scale...
i will update and report back, in november! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:14 pm

just checking in to say how much i am enjoying not stepping on the scale every day, and feeling so motivated to do my best!
looking forward to a lot of green days on my habit cals :)

jw

Post by jw » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Your name was one of the first I noticed in the comments and stickies when I joined, Deb -- it's so great to see one of the founding No-S-ers showing up in the Daily Check-ins again.
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:03 am

Yay! I don't weigh myself either. So freeing! Best of luck w everything. :)
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 pm

thank you jw and lpearlmom!
so nice to hear from you both!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm

ok, so not weighing hasn't been very good for me actually... i had a feeling i was gaining, so i checked today, and i'm now 241.4 lbs... going back to daily weigh ins, which is what i have been used to for some time now... maybe trying to break the scale habit, is just too much for me... i was feeling stressed about it every day...
will report back soon...

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Hey there! I love to see fresh starts, as I keep doing them also. But... they always give a fresh perspective and nothing happens when I continue with the same ol' thing. I too just restarted, but I feel my old thread would be all for nothing if I didn't show my continual history :roll: Anyway, I prove over and over that nothing else works for me and that if I follow NoS perfectly, I loose, so... lets do this once and for all!!! You go girl! Give it your all this month. Set the habit.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me