Day 3 check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phxhocking

Day 3 check in

Post by phxhocking » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am

So far, doing well. I've just had dinner. It's a little early because I know I'll go to bed hungry, and I hate that. I'm trying to wait a little longer for dinner each night until I can get to 7:00. I'm hoping that will make it easier. My difficult time is in the evening after dinner. I just want to munch and munch and munch. Which is how I got into this fix in the first place. But for now, all is well. Oh yeah, and I weigh every day (I know I shouldn't, but I do), and discovered that I've lost almost two pounds since I started on Sunday. I know I can't possibly keep that up, but it's still nice to see those numbers go down.

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:52 pm

i was like you too at first but you will get used to it, I don't even think about food after my evening meal now :)

also, if each day you click reply to post on the same post it's a lot easier, just name the post 'phxhocking's daily check in' then put all your daily check ins in there by clicking reply at the bottom of the last post made, you can then have conversations back and forth and people don't lose track of where your thread is

I'm sorry if that explanation is a little jumbled and hope it makes sense!
:D
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

phxhocking

Post by phxhocking » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks Clarebear, I'll do that!