Losing's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

losingforgood

Losing's check in

Post by losingforgood » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 pm

I know I'm checking in early. I will update my check-In at the end of today. I guess it just helps to put this out there, because then it makes it official. I've. Marked my day green so far. This is so that if I slip up at all during the day, I can always change it to red. But once it's red, it will stay red. But each time I notice that I stayed on track with a meal or with resisting temptation to snack, I get to keep it as green as a reward. The goal is to not switch over to red and to pay attention at the very moments that I fail or succeed. So that's it so far :)
I Corinthians 10:13-14; "No temptation has ceased you except what is common to man..."

Anna from KC

Post by Anna from KC » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 am

This seems like a good plan. Seeing achievement is a motivator..think I will give this a try, too.

How are things going now?
Nothing is more important for the
public weal than to form and train
up youth in wisdom and virtue.
Ben Franklin