Musings on Audrey

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
JJJPK

Musings on Audrey

Post by JJJPK » Tue May 24, 2016 6:27 pm

(I decided to put this in the off topic so people won't have to weed through it in the important stuff!)

Audrey Hepburn is my role model. A good heart, a beautiful personality, a talented actress, an accent that makes me melt like butter every time I hear it, mesmerizing eyes, and oh yes, how could I forget? That figure. I have always felt a special connection to Audrey, she was the same height as me. 5'7. She was also the same shoe size, 10. But that's about where the similarities end. Where her waist was 20 inches, mine is 23.5. Where she was a perfect hour glass with 34 inch hips and bust, I'm a lopsided 30-23.5-33, giving me an unappealing pear look. And where she weighed a mere 103lb, I weigh a whopping 125. Also, Audrey was blessed with an incredibly small bone structure. While Audrey was light and graceful on her feet, with the build of a dancer, my meaty biceps and thighs were built for power, not elegance. These facts used to make me sad. They used to make me feel less than. They used to make me feel imperfect (which is actually totally true, because I am!). But over time I've grown to love my imperfections. Carrying weight in your lower body is healthier for you. Muscular thighs make you a faster runner. Being strong and agile is useful, I can vault a chain link fence (a bit naughty I know!), sling forty pounds around like it's nothing, run a nine minute mile, hold a plank for five minutes straight and a lot of other things that most other girls my age can't. I have big bones because I'm Polish. You had to be strong to survive working in the fields and the cold winters in Poland. I am proud of my heritage. I've realized that Audrey wasn't perfect as in blanket statement perfect. Audrey was perfect for Audrey. I am perfect for me. So are you! Comment about things that have helped you get over comparing yourself to others!
Na Razie!
JJJPK

Merry

Re: Musings on Audrey

Post by Merry » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:39 am

JJJPK wrote: And where she weighed a mere 103lb, I weigh a whopping 125.
I'm so glad you've made peace with your size and shape! With what you posted though, I did want to say that your weight is not "whopping" at all--if anything, Audrey was underweight.

https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/qu ... thy-weight
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:49 am

I am not sure 5'7" and 125 is that robust.

But yes, all of my girls (5) have had a picture of Audrey Hepburn in their room at one time or another.

She was a lovely woman.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

bunsofaluminum

Post by bunsofaluminum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Audrey Hepburn was an amazing woman. She was a philanthropist who used her clout to bring attention to the under privileged. Good woman.

Where she was a perfect hour glass with 34 inch hips and bust, I'm a lopsided 30-23.5-33, giving me an unappealing pear look.
Unappealing?!!?? Baby, booty is IN STYLE ;) and having some junk in your trunk is DA BOMB (take it from a lifelong pear hee hee) (and btw, your hip size is smaller than my CURRENT waist so...just sayin ;) )

But I think they are right, who are saying Audrey may have been underweight. I doubt it was an unhealthy condition, though. And I seriously do not think that your weight is anything close to "whopping"...you're doing just fine.