anyone familiar with mini-trampoline exercising/fun?

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
kaalii

anyone familiar with mini-trampoline exercising/fun?

Post by kaalii » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:33 am

i stumbled upon it some time ago but forgot about it... im thinking of buying a mini trampoline after the summer...

this article is describing the benefits...

http://www.domijump.net/trampoline-exercise-benefits/

does anyone here know about mini-trampoline or has one?
it looks like it is not taking up too much space...
is it a waste of money?
should i be aware of something?

i find it looks interesting, easy and fun way of exercise...
what do you think?

BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 pm

I have one almost exactly like that - I love it. I can use it in my sitting room - love to jump to music - great for balance, strength, aerobic - and the anti-gravity moments you get with each jump. The only precautions I can think of are to (a) mind your head if you jump indoors and (b) don't jump in socks. The one I have can be folded in half, and the legs fold in, so I can stow it easily (behind my settee!).

It IS fun if you like exercise and movement (which I think you do). The only thing that stops me using it sometimes is that it will make a squeaking noise, like bed-springs! So I can only use it in the daytime. But I live in a terraced cottage, so share walls with my neighours. I
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:22 am

I always think it sounds fun, but wonder...will it be hard on the knees? And the other thing I wonder...there's a (ahem, female) reason I don't do jumping jacks--will a mini tramp be equally uncomfortable?
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 am

Good point - it's certainly best to wear a sports bra - and if you have trouble with your pelvic floor muscles, yes, it would be a problem!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:40 pm

oh, thanks for the advice and insights!
yes, i think im buying one for sure!!
i saw that there are ones with metal springs and the ones with bungee chord... i guess they are less loud.. and also gentler to the ankles and knees... bigger rebound space or somthing... but im not sure if the price difference would be worth it? not into spending much on it... in any case, i havent yet checked the prices of the bungee chord ones...

generally, they recommend mini tampoline to the people who fear to run/jog becase of how hard running can be on knees, ankles and lower back... and to have the same benefits...

i remember reading about a doctor who had it folded in the cabinet in her office and would take it out and hop on it during the pauses to get more exercise in her everyday life... and get her mind off things for a moment...

oh, and for incontinence - im reading that if incontinence is mild - mini trampoline can actually help to reduce it.. by strenghtening the pelvic floor muscles... it is just advised to activate consciously those muscles while hopping... and that advice is not only for those with incontinence problems...
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

noni

Post by noni » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 am

Merry wrote:I always think it sounds fun, but wonder...will it be hard on the knees? And the other thing I wonder...there's a (ahem, female) reason I don't do jumping jacks--will a mini tramp be equally uncomfortable?
An elderly female friend of mine, who used to be a competitive runner, has damaged knees, uses the mini-trampoline low impact qualities. She loves it!