Food Processor

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
childbride

Food Processor

Post by childbride » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:09 pm

I have been spending a lot of time chopping fresh vegetables for soups, stews and the like, and I'm thinking of buying a food processor. I've never owned a food processor before, and I'm not really sure what to look for.

Does anyone have one that they love (or hate)? Any makes and models to look for (or avoid)?

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:41 pm

You want a Cuisinart. Get the big one with the grating and slicing disks.
I love mine. There are some jobs that there is no other good tool for (making spreads and purees), and many other jobs that it makes much easier (grating large amounts of cheese, chopping or slicing a ton of onions, and making breadcrumbs, for example).

mondurvic

Post by mondurvic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:36 pm

I have a Cuisinart but have also used cheap-cheap models from Walmart, and found they all did a good job. A Cuisinart will last forever, though parts may need replacing here and there, but if money's an issue, buy one of the ones for under $50 and you'll be able to perform the exact same functions.

One piece of advice that was given to me when I first got one, and which turned out to be very wise: Keep it out on the counter all the time. If it's in a cupboard and you have to take it out every time you want to use it, it will become too tedious and you won't take advantage of it.

Judy

sonamwsingh

Re: Food Processor

Post by sonamwsingh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 am

The food processor is the most important kitchen appliance that helps to facilitate repetitive task in the preparation of meals. The best electronics stores in Amravati provides the collection of all household appliances that make your day to day life easier.